Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

luck has the strongest arm in the league?

CR91

lets just forget that luck's fast balls look like their shot out of a cannon, ill gonna give you two examples from this game to back up this point. obviously the td falling down to moncrief, but also that deep ball to nicks where luck was surrounded with pressure and what looked like gilberry hitting luck's arm and it just looks like luck flinged it like it was nothing. also if people remember when luck made the throw to reggie with clay mathews draped all over him. if luck doesnt have the strongest arm, he has to atleast be in the discussion. 

Naaa.... but he can for sure make all the throws.

Yep, he sure can.   

This might be the best game I have ever seen Luck play.  He was sharp and accurate from beginning to end.  If not for the drops and dumb penalties, he would have put up star wars numbers.  He didn't have any bonehead plays, made great check down decisions and 0 turnovers. Awfully impressed with him today.

Yep, he sure can.   

This might be the best game I have ever seen Luck play.  He was sharp and accurate from beginning to end.  If not for the drops and dumb penalties, he would have put up star wars numbers.  He didn't have any bonehead plays, made great check down decisions and 0 turnovers. Awfully impressed with him today.

Yeah ... amazing how smart Andrew is when he doesn't have a 310 lb guy hanging on his assss. 

He's in barely in the discussion.

The two pure strongest arms are Matt Stafford and Jay Culter.     Goes to show you just how important having the strongest arm is!    Those guys have done exactly......    what?!?

Other guys in the discussion would include Cam Newton,  Joe Flacco,  Colin Kaepernick.   Heck,  even Michael Vick (Back in his heyday...)

But look at the guys a little further back (not much, but a little)    Andrew Luck, Aaron Rodgers,  Tom Brady,  Drew Brees.  Ben Roethlisberger,  even Russell Wilson.    Their arms are very strong,   certainly strong enough.

And look at whose NOT in the discussion at all.....    Peyton Manning!      Hello?!?     And for that matter, Matt Ryan and Alex Smith.

You know who else had very, very strong arms?    Kyle Boller and JaMarcus Russell.   Need I say more?

My point is don't get wrapped up in arm strength.   QB evaluators will often tell you it's highly over-rated.    Is it important?   Yes, absolutely.     Just not as important as you might think.

The two pure strongest arms are Matt Stafford and Jay Culter. Goes to show you just how important having the strongest arm is! Those guys have done exactly...... what?!?

Other guys in the discussion would include Cam Newton, Joe Flacco, Colin Kaepernick. Heck, even Michael Vick (Back in his heyday...)

But look at the guys a little further back (not much, but a little) Andrew Luck, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Drew Brees. Ben Roethlisberger, even Russell Wilson. Their arms are very strong, certainly strong enough.

And look at whose NOT in the discussion at all..... Peyton Manning! Hello?!? And for that matter, Matt Ryan and Alex Smith.

You know who else had very, very strong arms? Kyle Boller and JaMarcus Russell. Need I say more?

My point is don't get wrapped up in arm strength. QB evaluators will often tell you it's highly over-rated. Is it important? Yes, absolutely. Just not as important as you might think.

I wouldn't put Flacco behind Stafford or cutler. They're probably all about the same...big Ben possibly there with yhem as well. But I definitely wouldn't put Flacco below those 2

lets just forget that luck's fast balls look like their shot out of a cannon, ill gonna give you two examples from this game to back up this point. obviously the td falling down to moncrief, but also that deep ball to nicks where luck was surrounded with pressure and what looked like gilberry hitting luck's arm and it just looks like luck flinged it like it was nothing. also if people remember when luck made the throw to reggie with clay mathews draped all over him. if luck doesnt have the strongest arm, he has to atleast be in the discussion. 

I'm not sure what strongest arm means.  How far you can throw the ball?  How hard you can throw the ball?  How much effort you put into the throw?  IMO, Luck rarely throws the ball "hard."  Only when he really has to force it into a tight spot.  Not like Rodgers, who seems to throw a fast ball almost every time.  Andrew seems to throw a more "catchable" ball. 

The two pure strongest arms are Matt Stafford and Jay Culter.     Goes to show you just how important having the strongest arm is!    Those guys have done exactly......    what?!?

Other guys in the discussion would include Cam Newton,  Joe Flacco,  Colin Kaepernick.   Heck,  even Michael Vick (Back in his heyday...)

But look at the guys a little further back (not much, but a little)    Andrew Luck, Aaron Rodgers,  Tom Brady,  Drew Brees.  Ben Roethlisberger,  even Russell Wilson.    Their arms are very strong,   certainly strong enough.

And look at whose NOT in the discussion at all.....    Peyton Manning!      Hello?!?     And for that matter, Matt Ryan and Alex Smith.

You know who else had very, very strong arms?    Kyle Boller and JaMarcus Russell.   Need I say more?

My point is don't get wrapped up in arm strength.   QB evaluators will often tell you it's highly over-rated.    Is it important?   Yes, absolutely.     Just not as important as you might think.

This. . . Arm strength is overrated.  

What I would say is Luck has a very accurate ball even on the run.  

I don't care if there are other QB's who can throw the ball harder, faster, and further.  Most of them can't make that play to Moncrief on the run like that.  

For the record if I had to guess on the strongest arm in the league I would say Cutler.  His throws seem to have more juice on them then any of the others.  

Yep, he sure can.

This might be the best game I have ever seen Luck play. He was sharp and accurate from beginning to end. If not for the drops and dumb penalties, he would have put up star wars numbers. He didn't have any bonehead plays, made great check down decisions and 0 turnovers. Awfully impressed with him today.

I agree. I sure hope he plays like that next week.

I'm not sure what strongest arm means.  How far you can throw the ball?  How hard you can throw the ball?  How much effort you put into the throw?  IMO, Luck rarely throws the ball "hard."  Only when he really has to force it into a tight spot.  Not like Rodgers, who seems to throw a fast ball almost every time.  Andrew seems to throw a more "catchable" ball. 

hmm, I disagree on Rodgers.  I think he also has nice touch on some of his passes.  Now Cam and Kap on the other hand...

hmm, I disagree on Rodgers.  I think he also has nice touch on some of his passes.  Now Cam and Kap on the other hand...

I agree.  Rodgers is the whole package.  What I should have said was that in general, he seems to throw a nice bebe, but he certainly can throw the touch pass as well.

But...       Phil Simms said he didn't have the arm to make all the throws in the NFL?    How can this be?

heheeeeee    He doesn't have nearly the strongest arm but he has a well above average arm.    And that is all any QB needs.  And a brain.