Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Titans Game Day Thread

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You sure about that? I rewound it and looked like 75 to me. Either way, it sucked.

You're right. I didn't realize Mewhort was playing tackle. Louis blocked a guy, Mewhort just tried blocking a guy that dropped into coverage and he ended up blocking no one.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• The money just isn't there unless we dont resign Rivers. He alone will take up $20-$25m of our cap space after we hold out our draft pool money($5-$7m).   We might be able to sign a guy but wont be to much.   Same as above.   Some guys will definitely be casualties but again the money just isnt there. We only have 37 guys under contract(well 38 now with Grover).  Players are not going to be signing multiple year bargains. Will be a year littered with 1yr deals, where players will hope the cap will go back up in 2022. Probably wont much, but that is what will happen.   Only have 2 guys that fit this category. Doyle and Glowinski.   Trading them would free up about $10m, then subtract whatever draft capital from that.     Last note, as stated in thread before, we are in better shape than a lot of teams, but the fact that, that doesnt include our QB, it knocks us down the list a little further.   A move for Darnold would only cost us $4.7m minus the money saved on whatever draft capital involved in deal, would make him pretty cheap.(not sure thats a move I would like to.make but definitely would help cap space next year.
    • Those losses to the Ravens and Browns really hurt.
    • Ravens Re hanging in this game. Would be just the colts luck for the Steelers not to win this game. Great coaching by harbaugh.
    • Regardless of whose idea it was that move doesn’t happen without Irsay’s okay so your point is very good.     It’s no secret Irsay wanted smooth transitions with a line of succession to keep continuity going like they had with Dungy to Caldwell. I know several here will argue Caldwell wasn’t good but he started 14-0 and got to a Super Bowl in his first year and made the playoffs the next.  Up to that point Irsay would have said it was working.  So I fully believe Irsay wanted the samething with the Polians.  Also it’s not like Bill went out and just brought Chris in out of nowhere.  He had worked his way up through the draft scout team, not unlike Ballard and most GMs do, and had been groomed for years for that job.     Lets not forget a few years before this the Falcons explored brining Chris Polian and Jim Caldwell to Atlanta to run that franchise and try to copy what the Colts had done.  That’s why both Chris and Caldwell got title changes in Dungy’s last season.  So the Colts weren’t the only team eyeing Chris for a GM job.     Now it didn’t work and we have the benefit of hindsight to say the Colts should have never done it but at the time it seemed very logical.  
    • They dont have Grover's extension figured into 2021 cap number yet and our roll over is already figured in.   We are setting at the $65-$66m currently depending on that fi ao cap number($175/ or $176m).   https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/indianapolis-colts/   https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/indianapolis-colts/cap/2021/   Spotrac doesnt have Grover figured in either but I think the numbers are easier to read there by scrolling all the way down.
  • Members

• indykmj

indykmj 64

• USAFHoosier

USAFHoosier 287

• Fluke_33

Fluke_33 2,101

• Logan59

Logan59 0

Rookie
    • JlynRN

JlynRN 825