Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Just how Good is Seattle Right Now?

MJD42

Dominant performance last night not just from the D which was expected against a third string QB but the O. Wow. Wilson was on fire both passing and running and then Lynch who was in full beast mode. This team is playing better right now then they were at the end of last season.

They are playing the best right and if they beat San Fran they will be the number one seed. You are right. Wilson was great last night. The guy is just so good in big games and of course the defense was dominant against a third stringer. The only team that I think could challenge them in the NFC is Dallas because they can run and play physical with them. They beat them in Seattle earlier in the year.

The Seahawks defense caught a break facing a string of mediocre to bad quarterbacks but giving up a total of only 33 points over a five game stretch is stilll ridiculous in the modern NFL where the rules are all tilted toward the offense. And seven of those points came on a 14 yard drive after the Seahawks punter muffed the snap against the Eagles.

Russell Wilson is also having his best season and has surpassed 4000 total yards (4095) for the first time with still a game to go despite playing behind a shaky OL and with no real playmakers in his WR corps. He also has 26 TDs passing and running the ball and has turned it over only ten times (6 ints and 4 lost fumbles). And Lynch has showed no signs yet of slowing down and is having a better season than last year.

The Seahawks weren't playing well early in the season when they lost to Dallas and were just 3-3 after they lost again the next week to the Rams. The Dallas game was also Percy Harvin's last game for the Seahawks and its no coincidence they've gone 8-2 since trading him. Harvin was a locker room cancer and the offense had lost its identity trying to get him the ball in space playing a college style offense with a bunch of jet sweeps and bubble screens. They're back to pounding the rock with Lynch and letting Wilson do his thing with his arm and legs.

The Seahawks are three home wins away from the Super Bowl so they have to be the odds on favorite to represent the NFC now. Still a lot of football left to be played, though.

They are playing the best right and if they beat San Fran they will be the number one seed. You are right. Wilson was great last night. The guy is just so good in big games and of course the defense was dominant against a third stringer. The only team that I think could challenge them in the NFC is Dallas because they can run and play physical with them. They beat them in Seattle earlier in the year.

They swept San Francisco already. They play St. Louis next week

Green Bay's loss at Buffalo took the Seahawks from #3 to the #1 seed. Seahawks need to write the Bills a big THANK YOU Christmas card.

If Green Bay had beaten the Bills and went 13-3, it has HFA and the Cowboys-Seahawks head-to-head comes into play thus pushing Seahawks to #3 and having to win twice on the road. But since the best Green Bay can do is go 12-4, Seahawks are pretty much gift wrapped another trip to the SB.

If it is a loss early in the season, the Packers can ignore it. It will now come back to haunt them.

Green Bay's loss at Buffalo took the Seahawks from #3 to the #1 seed. Seahawks need to write the Bills a big THANK YOU Christmas card.

If Green Bay had beaten the Bills and went 13-3, it has HFA and the Cowboys-Seahawks head-to-head comes into play thus pushing Seahawks to #3 and having to win twice on the road. But since the best Green Bay can do is go 12-4, Seahawks are pretty much gift wrapped another trip to the SB.

If it is a loss early in the season, the Packers can ignore it. It will now come back to haunt them.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. GB let a golden op get away kind of like the Pats last year when they lost to the Fins.

If all three teams are tied, Seattle, GB and Dallas, who is the 2 seed?

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. GB let a golden op get away kind of like the Pats last year when they lost to the Fins.

If all three teams are tied, Seattle, GB and Dallas, who is the 2 seed?

Green Bay because they will be 9-3 in the NFC if they beat Detroit. The best the Cowboys can do is 8-4.

Bummer. I was hoping Dallas would get the bye. What if Detroit beats GB? Would Detroit also be the 2 over Dallas?

Yes, because Detroit will be 10-2 in the conference if it beats GB while Cowboys will be 8-4 at best.

Romo and Cowboys laid an egg vs the Eagles on thanksgiving, a game that Romo normally plays real well. So, 2 eggs by the Cowboys (on thanksgiving) and Packers (vs Bills) has the Seahawks at #1 and looking at HFA.

I just hope the SB is a good one. If the Broncos somehow manage to make the SB, I am afraid it is a sure repeat for the Seahawks even if the game might be closer than last time. The Seahawks just match up real well vs the Broncos. Every NFC team is probably rooting for Peyton to make the SB and not Brady :).

If any team that is hot right now it's Seattle and New England. Could be a good match up for Superbowl.

How exactly is New England hot?  They barely limped out of New York with a win.  They looked horrible all game and the only things that saved them was the dreadful New York offense and some pretty iffy officiating.

How exactly is New England hot?  They barely limped out of New York with a win.  They looked horrible all game and the only things that saved them was the dreadful New York offense and some pretty iffy officiating.

How exactly is New England not hot right now? They have a healthy Gronkowski demolishing everyone and they still have a speedy WR with good hands in Edelmen. Their defense is very good. They've beaten the Chargers, Lions, Colts, Broncos, Dolphins, and Bengals. All teams that aren't lower level teams. I would say they're hot.

The Jets always play the Patriots tough. But to be honest, we did not make it out of New York when we played the Jets, that must mean something.

Offense has cooled the last few weeks while the D and STs have stepped up. This may be the most complete team in NE since the early 00's. That being said, no football game is a gimmee. The Jets gave us all we could handle both games. I want HFA so I am rooting hard for Cincy tonight. If not, then on to the Bills.

Quit making me defend the Patriots of all teams. :funny:

Seattle is playing great.  If Pete Carroll wasn't the coach and Richard Sherman wasn't so full of himself I wouldn't mind this team.  I dis like this team as much as I dis like the Patriots.  I really hope this isn't the superbowl.  I wouldn't know who to root for.  If the Pats got upset and Seahawks made it I could at least root for the AFC, if the Seahawks got upset and Pats made it I could at least root for the NFC.

Seattle is playing its best football right now. I think it will go down between Dallas and Seattle in the Championship game. Possibly Green Bay instead of Dallas.  I don't like Pete Carroll, so really wish that Seattle wasn't that good. There has got to be some weakness somewhere, just hasn't been exposed yet.

If the Colts don't win the Super Bowl, I would be happy with anyone but Seattle winning it.  I would seriously rather see the Cowboys or Patriots win instead of Seattle.  I'm hoping Green Bay is able to take care of them in the playoffs

Point 1 is a lock. Point 2 might make you sad. Point 3 is possible. Point 4 is doubtful.

They are a good team but definitely beatable. And we already know the key to beating the SeaHawks: Take away their run game. They don't have the weapons to for high-powered passing attack anymore.

You have to play a 60 minute game with the Seahawks, just like with the Patriots. Don't turn it over, contain Russell Wilson and when you are in the red zone, run the ball well and cash in on TDs.

You have to play a 60 minute game with the Seahawks, just like with the Patriots. Don't turn it over, contain Russell Wilson and when you are in the red zone, run the ball well and cash in on TDs.

Yep. Some interesting facts: the Seahawks have held the lead in all 52 regular and post-season games that Russell Wilson has started, they've been tied or in the lead in the 4th quarter in 49 of those games, have never lost by double digits and have lost by more than 7 points only once (and even that was a 6 point game with under two minutes left). They can be beaten but it requires a 60 minute slugfest.

Yes, because Detroit will be 10-2 in the conference if it beats GB while Cowboys will be 8-4 at best.

Romo and Cowboys laid an egg vs the Eagles on thanksgiving, a game that Romo normally plays real well. So, 2 eggs by the Cowboys (on thanksgiving) and Packers (vs Bills) has the Seahawks at #1 and looking at HFA.

I just hope the SB is a good one. If the Broncos somehow manage to make the SB, I am afraid it is a sure repeat for the Seahawks even if the game might be closer than last time. The Seahawks just match up real well vs the Broncos. Every NFC team is probably rooting for Peyton to make the SB and not Brady :).

so wouldnt detroit hey home field advantage all way thru? why dont they?

so wouldnt detroit hey home field advantage all way thru? why dont they?

Common opponents (minimum of 4) tie-breaker is next tie-breaker after conference record. Seahawks 2 losses to Chargers and Chiefs, both AFC teams, would also give them 10-2, same conference record as Lions.

Common opponents are Packers, Panthers, Cardinals and one more (I forget). Lions are 2-2 while Seahawks are 4-0

Seahawks and Lions would both have 10-2 conference records but Seattle has a better record against common opponents. Seattle wins all three way tiebreakers.

That was why the Packers losing their 4th was the perfect Christmas gift for the Seahawks because the Cowboys-Seahawks head-to-head won't apply in a 3 way tie-breaker, only 2 way

So, the Seahawks could have been potentially #3 but thanks to the Buffalo Bills, are #1.

Anything can happen even if I do expect NE and SEA to play for it all. One thing is for sure that based on last nights game....SEA fans will be making a ton of noise again in the SB if they reach it. It was a home game for ARI and I still heard tons of SEA fans all game long. SB would be even noisier. At least in the NFC there are a couple teams that could upset SEA...long shots but yes Dallas, GB, and Detroit could muster a great game and beat them. In the AFC...I just don't see anyone staying with NE. Denver would have to play lights out...NE is just a much more well rounded team in all facets....and most importantly much more well coached. That SEA vs NE SB would be a battle though...those teams love to hit...power on power. Both have great secondaries and QBs. NE has Gronk...SEA has Lynch....which beast mode prevails lol!!

The Seahawks would beat the Packers, Pats or Broncos 77-0 right now if they played. I don't say that because they're unbeatable, but because a traditional passing game with a traditional pocket passer is just a bug on their windshield. Now, is there any of kind of quarterback in the playoffs? Cam and Stafford are really the only other ones but the Seahawks would still win against them because their so much better in other areas. I would say Romo, Rivers or Ryan but their running/slinging day appear to be behind them. The Seahawks have got this imo.

The Seahawks would beat the Packers, Pats or Broncos 77-0 right now if they played. I don't say that because they're unbeatable, but because a traditional passing game with a traditional pocket passer is just a bug on their windshield. Now, is there any of kind of quarterback in the playoffs? Cam and Stafford are really the only other ones but the Seahawks would still win against them because their so much better in other areas. I would say Romo, Rivers or Ryan but their running/slinging day appear to be behind them. The Seahawks have got this imo.

lol- bug on a windshield.  However Rogers can thread the needle on the run and NE if they go fast offense can get the ball out quick so,,,,,,,,,, but yeah I get the dominant Seattle defense.

Rodgers definitely looks like an old woman sewing against any good defense. That's as close to threading the needle as he gets. Brady would be the best bet if I had to choose a pocket passer to beat Seattle but face it, they don't just have those players defended. They have that entire brand of football defended.

They are going to the SB again if they stay healthy...I really don't see anyone beating Seattle at this point, GB just cannot stop Seattle no matter what...

The Cowboys are probably the only team that can truly give Seattle a run for their money, but I think Seattle learned their lesson after their first meet this year, they will be prepared.