Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What is up with this forum?

twfish

I swear with each passing week this forum gets more and more negative.

WE ARE GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS

WE HAVE THE #2 Offense

WE HAVE ONE OF THE BEST QB'S IN THE LEAGUE

WE HAVE THE # 3 WR IN THE LEAGUE

WERE 1 WIN AWAY FROM 3RD YEAR STRAIGHT OF 11-5.

Some of you are asking for the coaches head, dissing everything they have accomplished. Jeez some of you guys are acting like were fans of the raiders or jags. Were a winning team and all some of you can do is complain.

I agree that some are going overboard with asking for the firing of the coaches, (every one of the coaches at some point, including the strength and conditioning coaches, lol), the firing of the GM, etc... The "Let's fire everyone" mentality is ridiculous, especially for a team that's only had 1 losing season in over a decade.

If we are having an informed discussion about the shortcomings on offense or defense, with specific examples, I am okay with that. That's why we have a forum. It's not just to be negative about everything.

I wouldn't be happy if I beat a bunch of 4th graders in some kind of sport. I wouldn't be upset, I just wouldn't be all happy go lucky over some nonsense wins. Just because some people don't wanna be all chipper over being mediocre doesn't mean they're negative. It just means they see the truth for what it is and crossing their fingers that they don't see a downfall spiral soon. I would label it more "on edge" than "negative". If someone isn't doing their job well, they don't lie just to be nice. They are the type to call it what it is. That's all. One thing about most people is they think nice is what works out here. Naw. Nice never wins. Nice isn't effective, it's just nice. That's it. You want effectiveness u have to digg into facts and call the situation for what it is and make adjustments. That nice stuff will have u mediocre ur whole life.

WE HAVE THE #2 Offense

Some of you are asking for the coaches head, dissing everything they have accomplished. Jeez some of you guys are acting like were fans of the raiders or jags. Were a winning team and all some of you can do is complain.

For starters, everyone is entitled to their opinion.  People can voice their criticism if they so desire.  For another thing, people are allowed to have criticism.  We don't have to like or agree with everything the Colts organization does.  Thirdly, since when we do have the 3rd best receiver in the league?

People are happy to be winning. People also recognize that this team isn't playing quality team football going into the playoffs. This team isn't above criticsm. Everyone recognizes the accomplishments of this team. We just want these guys to put it together and make a deep playoff run

For starters, everyone is entitled to their opinion. People can voice their criticism if they so desire. For another thing, people are allowed to have criticism. We don't have to like or agree with everything the Colts organization does. Thirdly, since when we do have the 3rd best receiver in the league?

T.Y Hilton is/was 3rd in yards prior to last game (I havent seen since then) im sorry I should have said 3rd ranked in yards.

The Giants won 2 bowls and they call for Coughlin head every year. Every single year that guy is in the hot seat. Don't blame the fans, blame the business.

To be fair, the Giants and Coughlin may not be the best example. The Giants won two Super Bowls but also have had seasons where they were 8-8, 7-9, and this season so far as a losing team. The up and down seasons are much more cause for concern than steady and numerous, consecutive 10+ win seasons that the Colts and their coaches have had.

We're spoiled little brats is what it comes down to. Most people here (I'm assuming) either weren't old enough to remember the pre-Manning era or have completely forgotten about it (outside of a couple Harbaugh years).

We don't know what it's like to have a bad team. We got a little taste in 2011 but that's just one bad season. Other fans deal with that for DECADES.

This forum, for me, is used for venting so I don't take my frustration out on my family. I'm assuming it's the same for others.

Let people vent here. At the end of the day it's just entertainment.

We're freaking on our way to the playoffs for the umpteenth time in how ever many years.

WE HAVE THE #2 Offense

There needs to be a cheerleader board for your ilk who are not FB people.

WE HAVE THE #2 Offense

Because it is a, "what have you done for me lately?" type of league.  Some people you just please.  They are the ones with the unrealistic expectations, and also think they know it all!  It's nice to have a busy forum, but if your commenting to just pitch a fit, nobody wants to hear that! 

We're spoiled little brats is what it comes down to. Most people here (I'm assuming) either weren't old enough to remember the pre-Manning era or have completely forgotten about it (outside of a couple Harbaugh years).

We don't know what it's like to have a bad team. We got a little taste in 2011 but that's just one bad season. Other fans deal with that for DECADES.

This forum for me is used for venting so I don't take my frustration out on my family. I'm assuming it's the same for others.

You make a great point.  Yes it is a great place to vent, and I find myself doing it also.  It is definitely to vent with other Colts fans, rather than taking it out on your family.  I never saw it that way.  However it does go overboard at times.  Calling players out continuously when they have a bad game, but never praise them for doing anything good!  It is just for entertainment, but it shouldn't be used for entertainment when it comes to aggrevating people. 

I don't take issue with all the negative comments in that they are negative. What I do take issue with is that this board has deteriorated to the point where there is little to no football/stat analysis. It's a bunch of complaining without any data or plays to back it up, and much of it boarders on absurd. I would welcome back more positive or negative analytical posts and less immature, uneducated, fanboy posts. It would be nice to get some more balance so the board goes back to talking about football intelligently. 

This forum, for me, is used for venting so I don't take my frustration out on my family. I'm assuming it's the same for others.

We're freaking on our way to the playoffs for the umpteenth time in how ever many years.

oh I remember the pre-manning days....watching Mike Pagel throwing grounders....makes me cherish these past 16 years even more

And we've fumbled the ball 13 times and have had at least 2 turnovers every game. Sure, be stat selective to prove you point. Then again, that's what people do on this forum. Oh look, a full circle.

Ive never said this team doesnt have problems, I also havent stated there the greatest football team either. The team is better then alot of people are giving credit for and this is What the entire post is about. Sorry do you have a problem with that? Sure things need to be addressed but not in a manner of "fire everyone" that people are talking about.

The Giants won 2 bowls and they call for Coughlin head every year. Every single year that guy is in the hot seat. Don't blame the fans, blame the business.

I blame the fans for the business being what it is!  In no way shape or form should Couglin be fired.  Unless he breaks rules or has a bad team 5+ years running.  Achieving 1 SB is enough let alone 2.  That's like fans dumping great players at the end of their careers.  You don't see fans running around saying Reggie Wayne is terrible, or doesn't deserve to be on this team, eventhough he is having one of his worst years.  There should be mutual respect, in this forum and towards our team, but it just doesn't happen!

People are happy to be winning. People also recognize that this team isn't playing quality team football going into the playoffs. This team isn't above criticsm. Everyone recognizes the accomplishments of this team. We just want these guys to put it together and make a deep playoff run

People recognize accomplishments for like 1 second until they switch topics to bash another player.  Case in point:  Reggie Wayne is broke the record for most games played.  He is one of the most all-time great players!  In other news, Why doesn't Pep run the ball more?  Why does Trent suck so bad?  Grigson is doing a terrible job with his blockbuster deals and offensive line!  Week in  Week out.  Same crap different channel.

I blame the fans for the business being what it is! In no way shape or form should Couglin be fired. Unless he breaks rules or has a bad team 5+ years running. Achieving 1 SB is enough let alone 2. That's like fans dumping great players at the end of their careers. You don't see fans running around saying Reggie Wayne is terrible, or doesn't deserve to be on this team, eventhough he is having one of his worst years. There should be mutual respect, in this forum and towards our team, but it just doesn't happen!

About the best time on this forum is before and during training camp, people actually talk and analyze players. Usually the trolls arent around as bad and theres good conversations

Lack of balance is the problem. Find a fault and hone in on it, while ignoring any good stuff. Then rinse and repeat. Us cheerleaders understand the faults and know things need to change. We also know there are 31 other teams who want to beat us, and a league who wants us all to be equal.

"Our O-Line is terrible, we need a new O-Line". If only it were that simple. I make no apology for knowing that wanting something, and getting it are two different things altogether.

I joined the Colts family in 2004, and I am in no way spoiled. Just for the record.

I like my team, and get frustrated, but I'm not going to spend all my time crying about our deficiencies. And yep, Coby Fleener is just too soft....

I don't think that's the only thing that matters, but making the playoffs is special, no question about it.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NFL_franchise_post-season_droughts

Take a gander at this when you get a minute. There are some teams that would kill for a one-and-done. The Cowboys, a premiere sports organization, hasn't been in the playoffs in four years. The Chiefs haven't won a playoff game in 20 years.

this is exactly where I am coming from...   EXPECTATIONS..     are a female dog....

And this team has them...    but currently are not playing well ..  thus.......  

A little whining,.,. 

I don't think that's the only thing that matters, but making the playoffs is special, no question about it.

Take a gander at this when you get a minute. There are some teams that would kill for a one-and-done. The Cowboys, a premiere sports organization, hasn't been in the playoffs in four years. The Chiefs haven't won a playoff game in 20 years.

WE HAVE THE #2 Offense

All nice things.  However, Look at the teams we've beaten and the teams that we've lost to-(not going to mention the rest of AFC South).

Beaten:

Houston-can be tough, but marginally.

Ravens-

Browns

Bengals

NYG

Redskins

Lost to:

Broncos

Patriots

Steelers

Eagles

Notice that there is a difference to the quality of teams that we've beaten vs the quality of teams that we've lost to. Two of the  losses were significant losses, while the two against Philly and Denver were very winnable games had a factor or two been adjusted.  The "complainers" are pointing out ways that they think (as none of us are coaches or experts) may improve the teams consistency and thus, the team's record and chances of raising the Lombardi this year.  

While it is nice to be a fan of a team who is consistent in making the playoffs, it's also nice when that team eventually wins the SB.  

this is exactly where I am coming from... EXPECTATIONS.. are a female dog....

And this team has them... but currently are not playing well .. thus.......

A little whining,.,.

Absolutely. This team can't go one-and-done and not earn some criticism. That would be a step backward. Expectations are much higher than that.

Still, let's not turn up our noses at three straight playoff appearances, including a playoff win last year. There are teams that haven't won a playoff game since Peyton Manning was at Newman High.

The fans perspective at the forum is pretty subdued-U should see how the forums are in NY. Anyway, the Colts Offense is Great as during Peyton Days and like then, the D is of great concern. What's alarming is the turnover machine the team has become and the points teams get from this. We all want the Colts to advance all the way to face Bruce.

The Chiefs haven't won a playoff game in 20 years.

that made me think of 1995 when we went to arrowhead & won. pretty sure they were the first overall seed and were coming off a bye. great memories!

the bengals haven't won a playoff game since 1990 in the wildcard round vs the houston oilers

btw: the last time houston won in indianapolis was the 1992 oilers :)

The fans perspective at the forum is pretty subdued-U should see how the forums are in NY. Anyway, the Colts Offense is Great as during Peyton Days and like then, the D is of great concern. What's alarming is the turnover machine the team has become and the points teams get from this. We all want the Colts to advance all the way to face Bruce.

What's right about this forum is that it's not a smack house, where people just try to rank each other and use as much profanity as possible.

We do have a fair share of people who write what they'd be ashamed to say out loud.  Or they should be.  But overall, there are a lot of people who just want to talk about the Colts.

Yes, there are a lot of fans with unreasonable expectations.  But isn't that better than being fans of a team like Cleveland or Jax, where losing is not only accepted but expected?

Best of all, I learn more here than from any professional website or sports channel.

I live around a lot of Bears fans. They live and die with the team. It's depressing up here. I think this is their 4th year in a row missing the playoffs.

What's right about this forum is that it's not a smack house, where people just try to rank each other and use as much profanity as possible.

We do have a fair share of people who write what they'd be ashamed to say out loud.  Or they should be.  But overall, there are a lot of people who just want to talk about the Colts.

Yes, there are a lot of fans with unreasonable expectations.  But isn't that better than being fans of a team like Cleveland or Jax, where losing is not only accepted but expected?

Best of all, I learn more here than from any professional website or sports channel.

Coming here is way better then watching all of the ex-jocks and ex-coaches blow hards shout over one another on TV. I'm at the point, I just put the Colts game on via the ticket 5 minutes before kickoff

WE HAVE THE #2 Offense

We play in worst div in the afc .

We get automatic 4 wins min too 6 wins  every year.

We have one best qb in afc yet we .500 are less too elite team and qb's

We have playoffs is because of are conf.

We have beat elite qb's in the playoffs .

I also believe the Bengals haven't won a playoff game in something like 15 years despite having a very good team the last few years.

People complain (including myself) because of the WAY we're winning. Our team wins the ugliest games I've seen in the NFL.

1.) We start off slow, and finish late. You could argue a win-is-a-win, but digging a hole early is not how you beat talented teams.
2.) We're one-dimensional, namely because our starting RB can never pick up more than 2-3yds, at most.
3.) Our OC refuses to bench said RB we wasted a 1st rounder on despite a much better RB on our roster.

4.) Wait, why DID we use a first-rounder on a RB anyways? Aren't they a dime a dozen?
5.) Trent Richardson
6.) Trent Richardson

100.) Trent Richardson