Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Panthers Waive CB Antoine Cason (Merge)

If the release wasn't for an injury or major behavior problem he could be worth a look

He's been a serviceable CB over the years, but I haven't seen him play recently, so I guess that would also play into the decision. The Panthers' defense is terrible. Was Cason a part of the problem or just a casualty of a poor defense? I'm all for kicking the tires..

He's been a serviceable CB over the years, but I haven't seen him play recently, so I guess that would also play into the decision. The Panthers' defense is terrible. Was Cason a part of the problem or just a casualty of a poor defense? I'm all for kicking the tires..

Looks like he has had some struggles

Hard to tell because he has had some ups and Downs this season

If I recall correctly, he did very well in SD in their 3-4. Maybe the current scheme just doesn't play to his strengths? Wouldn't be a starter for us, but might still be solid depth and a step up from Gordy.

Carolina Panthers released CB Antoine Cason. Cason, playing on a 1 year deal  is 28 and had 2 interceptions/44 tackles this year for the Panthers. Could maybe be an upgrade over Josh Gordy while Vontae heals up. Thoughts?

Sorry. Guess a day late and a dollar short on this post lol didn't see had been posted already

I don't trust toler and butler. Colt McCoy putting up almost 500 against us?!? That's a horrible sign i don't care how you look at it. Cason is just in need of a team that's winning, losing games like the panthers are zaps the will and motivation from some of these players. Plus, 58 tackles and 2 ints. Gordy and butler? No thanks, secondary obviously not good without vontae.

I don't trust toler and butler. Colt McCoy putting up almost 500 against us?!? That's a horrible sign i don't care how you look at it. Cason is just in need of a team that's winning, losing games like the panthers are zaps the will and motivation from some of these players. Plus, 58 tackles and 2 ints. Gordy and butler? No thanks, secondary obviously not good without vontae.

Good Heavens...

1. Stop Yelling At Me :Gaah:

2. Colt McCoy definitely didn't throw for 500 for stop exaggerating

3. Butler is easily the best Nickel CB in the NFL. Or at least arguably

4. If the Chargers let him go, that's a problem. But then again, with the emergence of Brandon Flowers.... Maybe he was the odd man out

5. Has he cleared waivers yet?

6. If Grigson feels he'll help, he'll contact his agent

Now, go take a breather and come back and try this again

:colts: