Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who Is Most Likely To Replace Caldwell At The End Of The Season?

SilentHill

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if the Colts play strong over the remaining 4 games no one will. I think both Irsay and Polian will remove a few of the position coaches but Caldwell will be given the final year on his deal to coach the team.

What r ur nfl qualifications????

What r ur nfl qualifications????

zippo nothing. but look at what has been going on. If both Polian and Irsay were not happy with Caldwell at the bye they could have fired him then. I think both have said in many different ways that this season is more a result of players not playing up to potential and loss of key players to injuries over poor coaching. I think Coyer being fired was a way to at least "appease" the fans. but I could be wrong and come end of season Caldwell is gone no matter what, but given how well yesterday's game went and the potential for good play over the last four, I would not be surprised if Caldwell is back.

zippo nothing. but look at what has been going on. If both Polian and Irsay were not happy with Caldwell at the bye they could have fired him then. I think both have said in many different ways that this season is more a result of players not playing up to potential and loss of key players to injuries over poor coaching. I think Coyer being fired was a way to at least "appease" the fans. but I could be wrong and come end of season Caldwell is gone no matter what, but given how well yesterday's game went and the potential for good play over the last four, I would not be surprised if Caldwell is back.

HOW WELL , lmao. You do relize we were down 31-3, don't you? NEVER MIND!

Coyer was a Caldwell guy he brought him in. I think polians would rather wait till end of year to let him go cause there is no one on the staff to even be an interim coach. Firing coyer in my opinion was a message to Caldwell

Jeff Fisher (although I doubt he would be able to co-exist with the Polians), Bill Cowher (same reason as Fisher), Brian Billick (Defensive minded, but getting up there in years). It could be anyone of these guys. All are great defensive minded coaches. They've all lead teams to the playoffs and to the Super Bowl (Fisher being the only one who lost). They all could come in here and clean house on defense.

Jeff Fisher (although I doubt he would be able to co-exist with the Polians), Bill Cowher (same reason as Fisher), Brian Billick (Defensive minded, but getting up there in years). It could be anyone of these guys. All are great defensive minded coaches. They've all lead teams to the playoffs and to the Super Bowl (Fisher being the only one who lost). They all could come in here and clean house on defense.

BILLICK, I do like him.

I think this whole "who replaces" Caldwell is interesting as most will agree that Bill Polian only looks for a certain type of coach, and I think most of the "known" names are not type of coach he would hire, so it would probably be an assistant or maybe a coordinator who is willing to work "closely" with both Bill and chris, so I doubt any of us would have a clue at whom it would be.

Ah so someone who refuses to buy into the mob mentality and run around like the world is coming to an end is a troll? okay....

No, absolutely not. Disagreeing with the mob mentality doesn't make someone a troll. You, however, are a troll and pretty much any post in your history proves it. ;)

Fisher, mike martz(Clayton mentioned his name, I would like Ron Ryan but highly doubt it

If we're unwilling to change defensive philosophy, I doubt we're willing to change offensive philosophy.

That takes Martz out of the picture, which I'm happy about.

Of all the names out there with head coaching experience, Brian Billick is my choice.

However, he's not defensive minded.

Well, I shouldn't say that as I don't know him at all personally, but he went to the Ravens from being the Vikings OC, and a very successful one at that.

This is a great idea, would your Vince Lombardi cardboard cut out be willing to partake in an interview???

Yes, you name the time and place, I'll make sure he's there, doing his best Caldwell blank stare impersonation.

Replacing Caldwell isn't the issue. Are you ready for luck? That's the issue and honestly after going through this season I am. and you know what's worse? As much as bp is responsible for this mess of a season I actually think he's the guy to build the Luck era frame work. Sigh.. If anyone notices I said this I'm going to get kicked.

While I don't really have a firm grasp on who might replace Caldwell, I do find it interesting that I last night I dreamed (Still fresh in my memory) that Tony Dungy came out of retirement to retake the reins. While I liked Tony, that's not something that I really long for...but obviously the desire to get rid of Caldwell have entered my subconscious throughts.

I would not balk at Fisher coming in, nor a FATHEAD cutout of John Madden, Al Pancino, or even Pee Wee Herman at this point.

Well if they're lazy, maybe Clyde... if they're not that's the beauty of it, you just don't know. It could be Jeff, or it could be Tressel. If I were a betting man, which I am, I would put my money on Tressel... but it's tough to call.

Bring back Jerry Glanville. :D

This post is a joke and should be treated as such. Though I was surprised when I did a quick google search just to make sure he was still alive (not trying to be morbid but come on, he is up there in years) and I found he's actually still coaching...he's the HC of a UFL team. Good for him still being active and doing what he loves. :)

Not that I'm advocating this, but curious to know if there are any ex-Colts players out there in the coaching ranks (coordinators, assistants, position coaches, etc).

I can't think of many. Troy Walters is a position coach at the college level (WR at TA&M), but he was a Biletnikoff winner. Ricky Proehl played one year here and is an assistant in Carolina. Deshea Townsend had a cup of coffee here and is a DB assistant with the Cardinals.

There are likely others from a longer period of time ago, but I'll have to look later.