Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

BOOM needs to start

RockThatBlue

It's not only that.  His performance and the reliance on him has really hurt this team over the past two years.  Relying on him has consistently put us in 2nd and 3rd and long, where teams can tee off at Luck.  And last year following the trade, it consistently put us down by 2-3 TDs every week. 

It needs to end.

Absolutely, we need to cut our loses. They are too scared to admit they got burned and it is hurting the team. Boom was clearly so much better and more comfortable with the rock than Richardson today. It's the same story as Brown last year and people wanted to write it off with such crap as "the defense doesn't pay attention to Brown and stacks the box for Trent" or "Brown runs out of better formations", etc. We'll see what excuses people have this time around.

I'd love to see what Z-Tip could do with a few touches.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the future NFL Network will have a "Top 10 Worst Trades of All Time" and the Trent Richardson trade will likely be pretty high.

It sucks to think what that pick may have been.

The pick turned out to be Manziel so that isn't worth much to us, and who knows what the Colts would have done... or if it would have panned out. It wasn't a bad move when you take into account the fact that he has moved the ball along with Bradshaw, but the run game needed to improve a lot. I think Boom is the answer.

He is also a lot cheaper.

Boom had 8 carries for 88 yards with an average of 11 yards with the worst being one in which he ran into Harrison's back. That is what we have needed all year, and the return game has also helped a lot. Coach needs to stick with what works.

The old Donald Brown snide remark: "Take away his 49 yarder and he would only be 7 for 39, that's not that good!".

Absolutely, we need to cut our loses. They are too scared to admit they got burned and it is hurting the team. Boom was clearly so much better and more comfortable with the rock than Richardson today. It's the same story as Brown last year and people wanted to write it off with such crap as "the defense doesn't pay attention to Brown and stacks the box for Trent" or "Brown runs out of better formations", etc. We'll see what excuses people have this time around.

I use to defend T Rich, but the guy is just flat out terrible. It stunning how bad he is. I was willing to give the man time, but nearly two seasons is enough time and he's been not only bad, but he's been horrific. Its like he runs with bricks on his feet.

The pick turned out to be Manziel so that isn't worth much to us, and who knows what the Colts would have done... or if it would have panned out. It wasn't a bad move when you take into account the fact that he has moved the ball along with Bradshaw, but the run game needed to improve a lot. I think Boom is the answer.

He is also a lot cheaper.

It was a terrible move. No sugar coating it. The pick would not have been Manziel for us, who the Browns chose with the pick is irrelevant.

It was a terrible move. No sugar coating it. The pick would not have been Manziel for us, who the Browns chose with the pick is irrelevant.

I'm not going to defend the man because he leaves a lot to be desired, but there are a lot of players who don't work out too well... and some are even worse. It is all water under the bridge now. We will all move on, and be better for it in the long run.

I'm not going to defend the man because he leaves a lot to be desired, but there are a lot of players who don't work out too well... and some are even worse. It is all water under the bridge now. We will all move on, and be better for it in the long run.

Well, you said "it wasn't a bad move...". I'm saying it most certainly was a very bad move and I'm quite sure Grigson would agree. And it's really not water under the bridge if we keep sticking with Trent week after week and he continues to do jack %.

Lots of RBs fumble. In fact even many great running backs have fumbling issues. Heck Murray in Dallas has fumbling issues.

Murray's biggest knock is his fumbling issues.

Well, you said "it wasn't a bad move...". I'm saying it most certainly was a very bad move and I'm quite sure Grigson would agree. And it's really not water under the bridge if we keep sticking with Trent week after week and he continues to do jack %.

Opinions are like. Well... you know. You can't have one back in on every single snap that would be unrealistic. Tipton was playing on special teams so Trent was the next man in line. I'm not to know what Grigson thinks of the situation other than to say I imagine he would like the numbers to be much better. You live and learn from such things. 

Opinions are like. Well... you know. You can't have one back in on every single snap that would be unrealistic. Tipton was playing on special teams so Trent was the next man in line. I'm not to know what Grigson thinks of the situation other than to say I imagine he would like the numbers to be much better. You live and learn from such things. 

So, you're saying my opinion that the Richardson trade was very bad, stinks?

Murray's biggest knock is his fumbling issues.

T-Rich playing like poop isn't an opinion, it's a fact.

The crowd actually booed today when they let Richardson run with the ball.

He's probably delusional enough to think the crowd was mistakenly calling him Boom.

I supported the Richardson trade for the longest time, but I really hope he never gets the ball handed to him again.  Pass block for Luck....fine, catch out of the backfield....sure, but run the ball.....please for the love of all that is holy NO!!!!

It's time for Richardson to skedaddle. This is this second year in a row a 3rd string rb is showing him up. Boom is already a crowd favorite, and they boo Richardson. Boom had 8 carries for 88 yards. Imagine what those numbers would be like if Pagano didn't cater to hop and skip at the line of scrimmage Richardson. Richardson should be banned from running the ball for the rest of the year. If Boom needs a rest bring in Tipton.

I'm watching the Broncos game and C.J. Anderson(UDFA), who was a 3rd string back until injuries, is putting a clinic on the Chiefs. Granted that's Denver and they've got a better line,etc... but I think the writing is on the wall. It may be possible that Richardson is the worst RB in the league. He was even out rushed by Andrew Luck. Boom completely showed him up today and showed you can't use the bad O-line excuse anymore.

It's crazy that Richardson is that bad.

Kinda no point in this cause we have coaches who constantly put the same lineups out who don't produce

But the moment we lose &/or get blow out Pagano says the same thing "There's things we need to do better"

Is that the reason? Or is the coaching staff the most blind & stubborn staff you could have?

People keep saying this but T Rich has had several fumbles too.

Sorry but I'm willing to risk it. Call me crazy for being sick of T Rich barely getting two yards a carry.

t-rich has two all year. Boom has two in 20 touches in two games. If you can't see the difference I don't know what to tell you. It doesn't make t-rich better in everything else. Infact he's not. However, if Boom keeps putting the ball on the ground it doesn't matter how much better he is at everything else, Trent will get the bulk of the carries.

Kinda no point in this cause we have coaches who constantly put the same lineups out who don't produce

But the moment we lose &/or get blow out Pagano says the same thing "There's things we need to do better"

Is that the reason? Or is the coaching staff the most blind & stubborn staff you could have?

Ok I will totally agree, but now things change, and if they don't I would be shocked!!

I'm watching the Broncos game and C.J. Anderson(UDFA), who was a 3rd string back until injuries, is putting a clinic on the Chiefs. Granted that's Denver and they've got a better line,etc... but I think the writing is on the wall. It may be possible that Richardson is the worst RB in the league. He was even out rushed by Andrew Luck. Boom completely showed him up today and showed you can't use the bad O-line excuse anymore.

It's crazy that Richardson is that bad.

He show no big burst of speed, and no vision unless he gets out into the open on a pass. I think he as well as the team needs to realize that is all he will ever be. Luck has out rushed him in a few games.

t-rich has two all year. Boom has two in 20 touches in two games. If you can't see the difference I don't know what to tell you. It doesn't make t-rich better in everything else. Infact he's not. However, if Boom keeps putting the ball on the ground it doesn't matter how much better he is at everything else, Trent will get the bulk of the carries.

Trent has fumbled in the last 2 games.

Trent has fumbled in the last 2 games.

not according to NFL.com or espn or pro football reference.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2014113003/2014/REG13/redskins@colts#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap3000000436918&tab=analyze&analyze=boxscore

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/14884/trent-richardson

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RichTr00.htm

The play that might have been a fumble today was the annoucer going ball came lose but he was ruled down because he wasn't given a fumble. The annoucer just never bothered to correct himself.

Again I am not sayng trent is better, he's not. You can't just dismiss boom's fumble problems though, the coaches won't. If boom keeps putting it on the ground trent is going to get the snaps. If boom corrects the fumbling issue he will become the featured back for the end of the season.

not according to NFL.com or espn or pro football reference.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2014113003/2014/REG13/redskins@colts#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap3000000436918&tab=analyze&analyze=boxscore

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/14884/trent-richardson

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RichTr00.htm

The play that might have been a fumble today was the annoucer going ball came lose but he was ruled down because he wasn't given a fumble. The annoucer just never bothered to correct himself.

Again I am not sayng trent is better, he's not. You can't just dismiss boom's fumble problems though, the coaches won't. If boom keeps putting it on the ground trent is going to get the snaps. If boom corrects the fumbling issue he will become the featured back for the end of the season.

The ball landed out of bounds so it didn't count. Still 2 fumbles in 2 games.