Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

BOOM needs to start

RockThatBlue

t-rich has two all year. Boom has two in 20 touches in two games. If you can't see the difference I don't know what to tell you. It doesn't make t-rich better in everything else. Infact he's not. However, if Boom keeps putting the ball on the ground it doesn't matter how much better he is at everything else, Trent will get the bulk of the carries.

C'mon......

20 carries is NOTHING

Let the coaches work with him on the fumbles, let him carry some more to see if it improves

We REALLY need to move on from this point from Richardson

I would rather have a fumble and 5 YPC

We need to give Tipton some touches, to see what we have

Tired of TR dancing............... Getting nothing

He has had many chances...... Can't get it done

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In America one is give a second chance. The definition of "second" means two or twice. TR has burned his candle down to nothing which is what his yards per game is, nothing. Week after week after week we watch him give up and go to the ground at the first hint of a defense. There have been poor performers but TR tops the list and think what can the Colts get for him in a trade now?! I cringe when I watch other teams games and see their runner change direction and bounce off people only to keep chugging on. TR has zero motivation and he should go talk to former running back Ricky Williams about motivation.

I do think Herron is better than T Rich.  However Herron really needs to get control of the fumbling.

It's like he's picked up where Bradshaw left off.  His mind and body are moving so fast to make a move

into the hole he forgets about securing the ball.  Just like when Bradshaw is fighting for extra yardage

he forgets to secure the ball.

Absolutely, we need to cut our loses. They are too scared to admit they got burned and it is hurting the team. Boom was clearly so much better and more comfortable with the rock than Richardson today. It's the same story as Brown last year and people wanted to write it off with such crap as "the defense doesn't pay attention to Brown and stacks the box for Trent" or "Brown runs out of better formations", etc. We'll see what excuses people have this time around.

I'd love to see what Z-Tip could do with a few touches.

I'd really love to see more of Tipton as well.  I'm sure if they start giving him some carries he'll do much better than Richardson as welll.  Everything looks as if we won't pick up Ray Rice, but if we do even he would come in here and pick up the nuts and bolts of the offense and offer more than T Rich. I'm just about done with T Rich.

I was and still am a believer that TRich fits our system, but now I must say maybe not as the featured back.  Maybe as a goal line, or pass protection role for this year.  He did a great job again yesterday against the Redskins.  Boom may be the spark and big play back to help put us over the top, BUT...... he has to cure the fumbling issue.  He put one on the ground that we lost this game and 2 last game we lost.  Plus one that we didn't lose last game.  Against an even average team that can cost us wins....  3 lost fumbles in 2 games is not something that is a fluke, he has an issue and if he wants to be #1, he has to fix this now to be trusted!  Playoffs are just a few weeks away!  Hope he can do it !!!

I do think Herron is better than T Rich.  However Herron really needs to get control of the fumbling.

It's like he's picked up where Bradshaw left off.  His mind and body are moving so fast to make a move

into the hole he forgets about securing the ball.  Just like when Bradshaw is fighting for extra yardage

he forgets to secure the ball.

^^^^^This. Stop fighting for that extra yardage unless it is a 3rd down.

C'mon......

20 carries is NOTHING

Let the coaches work with him on the fumbles, let him carry some more to see if it improves

We REALLY need to move on from this point from Richardson

I would rather have a fumble and 5 YPC

We need to give Tipton some touches, to see what we have

Tired of TR dancing............... Getting nothing

He has had many chances...... Can't get it done

your right 20 carries is nothing which is what makes the fact he's fumbled twice already, granted one coming on a pass play, a big red flag. It's a concern I never said he shouldn't be given another chance and that they shouldn't work with him. They should. What I am saying is if he keeps putting it on the ground then trent will get the bulk of the carries. He must get better in that area to get more snaps because turning the ball over is worse than two yards a carry.

your right 20 carries is nothing which is what makes the fact he's fumbled twice already, granted one coming on a pass play, a big red flag. It's a concern I never said he shouldn't be given another chance and that they shouldn't work with him. They should. What I am saying is if he keeps putting it on the ground then trent will get the bulk of the carries. He must get better in that area to get more snaps because turning the ball over is worse than two yards a carry.

Agreed.  He has to get better with ball security.  The coaches have to be able to trust him.

The ball landed out of bounds so it didn't count. Still 2 fumbles in 2 games.

that would have been ruled a fumble he still fumbled it had that been the case. Also thats not whst happened in the Redskins game either, he was ruled down before the ball came out. The annoucer just got excited about the football being out and never corrected himself. The one thing trent has down well outside of the Eagles game this year is hang on to the ball. Boom must improve in that area if he wants to keep playing. That's not unreasonable.

Agreed.  He has to get better with ball security.  The coaches have to be able to trust him.

and that's my point if they don't trust him Trent will get most of the carries regardless of it boom is better. Thank you for wording it better then me. Trust me I want boom to play but like you said if the coaches don't trust him he won't.

that would have been ruled a fumble he still fumbled it had that been the case. Also thats not whst happened in the Redskins game either, he was ruled down before the ball came out. The annoucer just got excited about the football being out and never corrected himself. The one thing trent has down well outside of the Eagles game this year is hang on to the ball. Boom must improve in that area if he wants to keep playing. That's not unreasonable.

Unless he strategically planned to drop the ball simultaneously as he was down by contact it makes no difference. He still lost the ball.