Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Injury Report (a long one)

1959Colts

Come on now....

Five of the guys were listed as FP....    that's Full Practice.

And it's Thursday.....     I suspect a fair number of the guys will practice more tomorrow.

Keep your head up....    no need to get down.

I know.  I read the comments before opening up the link, I thought the world was coming to an end.

At this point in the season, that's a great injury report.  I'm hoping they let Allen sit another game anyway.

And, as noted before,  five of them were listed as.....   FULL PRACTICE.

In other words,  they're fine....

No need to sigh.....

If you appear on the injury report its because you received treatment for something, or needed rest. Only one or two are for rest, so even if you practice full, being on the injury report isn't good. Not saying its bad for them to appear there and play, its just not a good thing when you have a lot of names on the injury report, regardless of whether it says LP for FP by them. 

Yall have to remember after last year when we had all those injuries, Chuck really wanted to take a way more conservative approach when it came to players getting injuries even if they are minor injuries he likes to take his time bringing guys back in especially if they are playmakers and have an impact on our team. We will be just fine, being cautious outweighs being aggressive when it comes to injuries,I have trust in Chuck he benefits our team greatly.

If you appear on the injury report its because you received treatment for something, or needed rest. Only one or two are for rest, so even if you practice full, being on the injury report isn't good. Not saying its bad for them to appear there and play, its just not a good thing when you have a lot of names on the injury report, regardless of whether it says LP for FP by them. 

Understood....

But some of the guys who are on the injury report are healthier today than yesterday.

Once you're on it at the beginning of the week,  they keep you on it and note your status on a day by day basis.

They don't take you off because you're now practicing.   

So, reading what was happening today,  I was simply pointing out that not all of the news was bad.   Some of it, in fact, was good.

I suspect you know this,  but just explaining it now for everyone else....