Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

luck vs rg3

CR91

They have everything but a QB. Not saying they're a great roster, but what other real problems do they have? And how many of those problem areas might have been addressed with the draft picks they gave up for Griffin?

I think whatever issues they have could be fixed in just a couple of offseasons, if that. But the QB isn't what they thought he'd be, so they need to have an above average to great supporting cast to do anything special.

No question, there is talent on that roster but it lacks leadership

Griggs needs to make sure that he surrounds Luck with a good O-line.  No matter the cost, this has to be a priority.  Give Luck the time Romo has and we are looking at numerous SB titles.

I wish alot of the fans on Colts forum had half of the common sense you do sir!  In do time Luck will be protected better, but until then our run game greatly struggles and Luck will still need to show his greatness!

Yep, getting stomped by NE confirmed that reality better than anything else ever could. It's o-line or bust if INDY wants to have any hope of a SB run over the next 3 drafts or Andrew Luck won't be able to show the league how truly great he is & our running game will never flourish. 

No more TEs or WRs get a nice line of protection up front whatever it takes. Do that & everything else falls into place & flows smoothly. 

I just made a post that pretty much said the same thing...  I think you said it a little better though!

RGIII clearly had the better rookie year.  Andrew Luck had 7 INT's in the two playoff games last year. Him coming back down 38-10 in a playoff game and throwing for over 400 yards and 4 TD's means nothing when it was his fault they got down by 4 TD's.  Why are we crowning Andrew Luck the next big thing? Also, keep in mind I am not an Andrew Luck hater either.

Sign Skip Bayless

On a serious note I hope the Colts thump the Redskins this weekend and I hope Luck dominates the game!  I also hope RGIII finds no sucess against the Colts D(he hasn't found much sucess all year).

I have to disagree with you.  I think it is just another case of the Colts not having a good run blocking line.  TRich will go to some other team and do quite well.

Eh, I don't know about that.  He wasn't that good in Cleveland, and both Bradshaw and Heron looked better than TR.  He looks slow and indecisive.  Jim Brown was not impressed with TR and for good reason.  I do agree about the O-line though, it must be upgraded. 

Eh, I don't know about that.  He wasn't that good in Cleveland, and both Bradshaw and Heron looked better than TR.  He looks slow and indecisive.  Jim Brown was not impressed with TR and for good reason.  I do agree about the O-line though, it must be upgraded. 

You have to remember the running styles of our RB's are different.  Trent is all about the power up the middle where our blocking lacks the most.  I think he does try to be too fancy at times which makes it worse on him.  Ahmad and Boom are speed and finese guys that get the opportunity to bounce runs to the outside or just inside the tackles.  That is where our strong point (or decent) blocking comes from.  Our quick guys get upfield in a hurry, while Trent struggles to find the hole up the middle.  There is a big difference.  Unless our blocking gets better or we mix things up for Trent like the read option (which I love how it was successful against the Jags) he will continue to have a low YPC.  That doesn't mean he isn't good!  I blame the coaches and the line for not doing their jobs correctly.  If then, Trent is still struggling (dancing in the backfield) I will write him off, but until that time comes, I will point out to people he isn't the main problem and the real reason why he isn't as good as he should be.

The real rivalry is with Wilson. And no one could have predicted that.

Wilson is a solid QB with a great defense and running game.  But Wilson is not in the same discussion with Luck.  Luck has to do way more with less than Wilson.  If Wilson has a bad game, the Seahawks can still win.  If Luck has a bad game, the Colts have no chance.  

RGIII clearly had the better rookie year.  Andrew Luck had 7 INT's in the two playoff games last year. Him coming back down 38-10 in a playoff game and throwing for over 400 yards and 4 TD's means nothing when it was his fault they got down by 4 TD's.  Why are we crowning Andrew Luck the next big thing? Also, keep in mind I am not an Andrew Luck hater either.

Sign Skip Bayless

On a serious note I hope the Colts thump the Redskins this weekend and I hope Luck dominates the game!  I also hope RGIII finds no sucess against the Colts D(he hasn't found much sucess all year).

Gosh I just looked at the play by play for that game and unless Andrew Luck was responsible for stopping KC drives , I have no idea what in God's name you are talking about. The Colts appear to give up long drive after long drive. That and a TR fumble at his own 20 accounted for a 31-7 KC lead.Luck's first Int came on a desperation throw on the last play of the first half. KC had around 550 yards of offense . But if you say it was Luck's fault and his 4 TD's mean nothing because he threw 2 meaningful picks in the 2nd half AFTER they were already down 24 , I imagine you somehow just view games at a different level than I do.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=340104011&period=2

Wilson is a solid QB with a great defense and running game.  But Wilson is not in the same discussion with Luck.  Luck has to do way more with less than Wilson.  If Wilson has a bad game, the Seahawks can still win.  If Luck has a bad game, the Colts have no chance.  

Wilson has carried the Seahawks a lot this year.

You have to remember the running styles of our RB's are different. Trent is all about the power up the middle where our blocking lacks the most. I think he does try to be too fancy at times which makes it worse on him. Ahmad and Boom are speed and finese guys that get the opportunity to bounce runs to the outside or just inside the tackles. That is where our strong point (or decent) blocking comes from. Our quick guys get upfield in a hurry, while Trent struggles to find the hole up the middle. There is a big difference. Unless our blocking gets better or we mix things up for Trent like the read option (which I love how it was successful against the Jags) he will continue to have a low YPC. That doesn't mean he isn't good! I blame the coaches and the line for not doing their jobs correctly. If then, Trent is still struggling (dancing in the backfield) I will write him off, but until that time comes, I will point out to people he isn't the main problem and the real reason why he isn't as good as he should be.

This. I wonder that others don't see it.

this was a much anticpated matchup when they got drafted and I honestly thought this could be a great rivalry as did probably many people and to see the difference two and a half seasons makes is just amazing.

It was an interesting discussion back then, but moot now. Luck is much, much better, a top 5-7 QB. RG III may not even be top 20.

Gosh I just looked at the play by play for that game and unless Andrew Luck was responsible for stopping KC drives , I have no idea what in God's name you are talking about. The Colts appear to give up long drive after long drive. That and a TR fumble at his own 20 accounted for a 31-7 KC lead.Luck's first Int came on a desperation throw on the last play of the first half. KC had around 550 yards of offense . But if you say it was Luck's fault and his 4 TD's mean nothing because he threw 2 meaningful picks in the 2nd half AFTER they were already down 24 , I imagine you somehow just view games at a different level than I do.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=340104011&period=2

I was being 100% sarcastic lol!  I put sign Skip Bayless because he has said them things before :thmup:

Sign Skip Bayless

Give Luck a offensive line and decent running game and watch your face melt off

I have to disagree with you. I think it is just another case of the Colts not having a good run blocking line. TRich will go to some other team and do quite well.

Herron,Bradshaw and even Brown last year were able to run behind this crappy line. Why cant T Rich? Because hes just not good. T Rich would probably stink on all teams. Hes slow and has zero burst.

If he doesn't realize like by now there is no hope for him..

I hope we crush the Skins this week.. Make RGIII plead for his life.

We are talking about Skip Bayless I am pretty sure he will never realize.  I also hope the Colts crush the Redskins.  I think it would be pretty funny if RGIII got pulled but I doubt that happens

I was being 100% sarcastic lol!  I put sign Skip Bayless because he has said them things before :thmup:

I looked at your post and thought maybe so. I took the "Also, keep in mind I am not an Andrew Luck hater either."  as your comment and not Bayless. I see now that was also you quoting Skip and yes makes perfect sense you were being sarcastic

And people think the T-Rich trade was bad.....look at what the Skins gave up for RGIII

Could have been worse a picture of your HC & a RB  in a wedding dress is right up there with the craziness that surrounded the RG3 circus .

The T-Rich trade was no comparison it has'nt worked out as I  would have hoped but at the end of the day nothing in life is guaranteed ,

And that goes for first round picks over the years we have seen our share here in Indy that were busts & or not what had been expected . So whether you traded or drafted that player with your first rd pick it is what it is .

Marshall & Edge lived up to a first round pick , Grigson will find someone somewhere even if he has to trade another first .

So if T-Rich don't work out we will move on .

Could have been worse a picture of your HC & a RB  in a wedding dress is right up there with the craziness that surrounded the RG3 circus .

The T-Rich trade was no comparison it has'nt worked out as I  would have hoped but at the end of the day nothing in life is guaranteed ,

And that goes for first round picks over the years we have seen our share here in Indy that were busts & or not what had been expected . So whether you traded or drafted that player with your first rd pick it is what it is .

Marshall & Edge lived up to a first round pick , Grigson will find someone somewhere even if he has to trade another first .

So if T-Rich don't work out we will move on .

I hope Griggs learned his lesson and won't trade another 1st rounder for a running back.  He needs to concentrate on the O-line.

A fair post, they've got solid roster with play makers at WR and RB but they really have struggled for even just consistent play at QB. You've got to ask what could they have done with all those picks and oo I dunno let's play devil's and say picked Wilson :P

Ouch.

They spent more to draft Griffin than we did to draft Luck. They could have drafted Tannehill in the first, or Foles or Wilson in the second or third. And built out the rest of their roster. Ouch.