Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tebow Is The Real Deal. (Merge)

DILLIGAFER

what can you say love him or hate him the guy wins. what i dont understand is why teams arent doing the same thing the lions did to shut him down

That is because the Lions played him when the Broncos were still figuring out Tebow and how to maximize his talents, they had not had the read option offense installed for him primarily. Plus, their front four with Suh in it is probably the best he was going to face. I bet the next time the Lions play Tebow, with the slightly improved Broncos' D, read option offense that Tebow is getting more comfortable at, and an improved running game as well, the Broncos will play the Lions much closer and even if the Broncos lose, it will not be a blowout.

Right now, it feels like Tebow plays to the level of his competition. If it has to be taken up a notch to win it, he does whatever it takes. I remember a lot of fans saying that about Tom Brady when the Pats were winning a bunch of close games and FG games. The more comfortable Tebow gets, the upside will become better. He is not your average pocket passer to game plan for in the read option offense, and time will tell how consistent he can be.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just like in 4 years of college when he tore up the NFL's minor league. People have film on every starting QB in the league. If you are good you are good. Tebow is good. He's not going anywhere and he will be winning for years to come.

I need 2 seasons out of him where he plays at a NFL level. This is a passing league. Once one teams finds out how to shut down Tebow that film will flow throughout the league and he'll be done.

He IS getting better in spite of having to listen to constant yapping about how bad he is. The way he has handled himself in the face of all the Tebow hatred has been remarkable for such a young man. I'm more impressed with how he's continued to flourish while having to deal with all the critics than even his football skills. GO TIM and yes, GO COLTS. It's been particularly fun to watch him this year when we COLTS fans have had very little else to cheer about.

He IS getting better in spite of having to listen to constant yapping about how bad he is. The way he has handled himself in the face of all the Tebow hatred has been remarkable for such a young man. I'm more impressed with how he's continued to flourish while having to deal with all the critics than even his football skills. GO TIM and yes, GO COLTS. It's been particularly fun to watch him this year when we COLTS fans have had very little else to cheer about.

you can cheer for him,if he isn't wearing horseshoes I could less.

I need 2 seasons out of him where he plays at a NFL level. This is a passing league. Once one teams finds out how to shut down Tebow that film will flow throughout the league and he'll be done.

they do not seem to understand this.In the NFL,the QB that is elite,must have master passing skills and high football IQ ,Tebow has arena league talent.The Broncos D ought to be poed because they are the ones that have really led he resurgence and mod edit Tebow is getting all credit.Oh well,all the more fun when the big doofus crashes.He does not seem to be the sharpest knife in the droor either.

Mod Note: Please, NO insulting nicknames for any NFL teams or players.

Ok I will try break down how I see things:

1. Denver winning with strong D and an O that doesnt turn the ball over.. To you nay sayers this is GOOD football the Pats won a SB playing that style in 2001. (Brady was not the brady he is today.)

2. Tebow makes some amazing throws, on the game tying FG, they should have had a TD but the WR stopped and then dropped a great pass from tebow who threw it under a lot of pressure.

3. Tebow needs more zip on his ball.

All in all they are winning with great D, good Coaching and clutch Offense. They really need a good WR I saw a few catchable balls dropped by their WR.

Just evaluate him for what he is instead of hating on him because you didn't like him from the SEC/college or because you hate his religious profession or style of profession or because it is convenient to jump on the 'faulty mechanics - he is different, the analysts said so, the eye test says so, so he does not fit my choice' bandwagon. He is a project right now that seems to be getting better on the field with this offense they have installed for him, we have to accept that as the objective reality.

I see him as a project that has to show the consistency over a couple of years. He has a good O-line, a good running game, a D that is gelling and an offensive system that is tailored to his strengths. We will evaluate him over 2 years and see where he stands. If he is over .600 in his 2 years of starting, it will be real hard for the naysayers to put him down, IMO. That is good for any first 2 years of a new starter, IMO.

1. Denver winning with strong D and an O that doesnt turn the ball over.. To you nay sayers this is GOOD football the Pats won a SB playing that style in 2001. (Brady was not the brady he is today.)

2. Tebow makes some amazing throws, on the game tying FG, they should have had a TD but the WR stopped and then dropped a great pass from tebow who threw it under a lot of pressure.

All in all they are winning with great D, good Coaching and clutch Offense. They really need a good WR I saw a few catchable balls dropped by their WR.

True words..

..and in the NFL..they catch up to what you're doing..

Look at how rookie QBs have struggled later in Tampa, St. Louis...etc..

Was that Tebow kicking those 50-yard field goals??f

Absolutely agree on this point. Denver isn't a fluke, they are playing solid (boring) fundamental mistake free ball control football on offense while allowing a young talented defense to feast on the other teams mistakes. Tebow has done a fantastic job of not throwing it to the other team (though it helps that he's throwing it 10 times a game).

They'e doing their best 2000 Baltimore Ravens impression. It confuses me that all anyone can talk about is Trent Dilfer Tim Tebow.

they do not seem to understand this.In the NFL,the QB that is elite,must have master passing skills and high football IQ ,Tebow has arena league talent.The Broncos D ought to be poed because they are the ones that have really led he resurgence and mod edit Tebow is getting all credit.Oh well,all the more fun when the big doofus crashes.He does not seem to be the sharpest knife in the droor either.

If you are going to insult someone's intelligence, at least spell correctly. Droor?

Absolutely agree on this point. Denver isn't a fluke, they are playing solid (boring) fundamental mistake free ball control football on offense while allowing a young talented defense to feast on the other teams mistakes. Tebow has done a fantastic job of not throwing it to the other team (though it helps that he's throwing it 10 times a game).

They'e doing their best 2000 Baltimore Ravens impression. It confuses me that all anyone can talk about is Trent Dilfer Tim Tebow.

I didnt want say Ravens of 2000 because I didnt want people saying there D isnt as good as that raven d.. (which is true) But I think for a 2nd yr QB Tebow doing Ok.

I'm never disillusioned, mahagga. Have a nice day :smile: .

Any other young QB putting up those kind of numbers would be considered one of the up and coming QBs. But because its Tebow he is just a gimmick? Lets leave the man alone for a little bit and watch him play, no need to hate on him cause he plays unconventionally and no need to hop in his jock strap either cause he still has a ways to go. Right now he is playin great football and im pullin for the guy. Hard work trumps talent. Now lets leave it at that.

How come your a Tebow hater if you don't praise him?

I really don't care about him either way, but getting really tired of hearing about him and all of his supposed 'accomplishments'.

He's got plenty to prove, and is already deemed a savior.

The Tebow love is just way over the top with many.

How come your a Tebow hater if you don't praise him?

I really don't care about him either way, but getting really tired of hearing about him and all of his supposed 'accomplishments'.

He's got plenty to prove, and is already deemed a savior.

The Tebow love is just way over the top with many.

well if your a bronco fan he brought a 1-4 team to a 7-5 team.. that's a FOOTBALL Savior. As always the QB gets all the credit and all the blame when things go right or wrong in football lol.

Any other young QB putting up those kind of numbers would be considered one of the up and coming QBs. But because its Tebow he is just a gimmick? Lets leave the man alone for a little bit and watch him play, no need to hate on him cause he plays unconventionally and no need to hop in his jock strap either cause he still has a ways to go. Right now he is playin great football and im pullin for the guy. Hard work trumps talent. Now lets leave it at that.

what numbers? 2/8 for 69 yards?

No, 10/15 for 202 and 2 TD's

Tebow, over the last few weeks has been improving as a passer. Some of those deep throws he had against the Vikings were GREAT throws. Throws you'd expect from Rodgers or Brees (pauses for a moment, anticipating the posts about how i'm a fool for comparing him to those two......)

He won against the Vikings yesterday with his arm. Demaryius Thomas did a great job getting open as well, but how many times earlier in his season did we see him completely miss guys deep? He didn't miss them this time. Tebow has been great for the Broncos. Not only for his play on the field, but his leadership is part of the reason the defense is playing so well. They're hitting harder, running faster, and flat out giving more effort than they were in the first 5 weeks. Why? Because they BELIEVE in him. Just look at our team. Half of our problem is not having a true leader on the team right now.

Is he the savior of Denver? Well, for the short-term he sure is. They're going to make the playoffs. Likely lose in the first round, but it's a heck of a lot better than where they were headed in the beginning of the season.

Obviously, time will tell. The gimmicky offense wont work forever, but maybe, just MAYBE it wont have too! He's getting better and if there's one thing everyone can agree on, it's that Tebow is a ridiculously hard worker and he does have the talent and athleticism to be a QB. Work + Talent often = Success, right?

I, for one, think he is a great kid and I would love for him to succeed Peyton as the face of the NFL.

The handful of Tebow haters/detractors in this thread have made zero rational points to stand on in support of their "feelings" because there are no rational points to be had. Flawed excuses for misguided hatred seem to be the best any of these folks can offer and that's no surprise. Even though like-motivated sentiments are nothing new it's still a bore. I hope the play of Tebow & the rest of the Broncos keeps translating to wins....and even if it doesn't they keep bringin' it, which I'm sure they will. One of the season's best stories/turnarounds. I'd rather see them win the West than any other team.

The handful of Tebow haters/detractors in this thread have made zero rational points to stand on in support of their "feelings" because there are no rational points to be had. Flawed excuses for misguided hatred seem to be the best any of these folks can offer and that's no surprise. Even though like-motivated sentiments are nothing new it's still a bore. I hope the play of Tebow & the rest of the Broncos keeps translating to wins....and even if it doesn't they keep bringin' it, which I'm sure they will. One of the season's best stories/turnarounds. I'd rather see them win the West than any other team.

It's not all misguided hatred, some of if is just mild surprise at the big deal everyone is making. He's outdueld Matt Moore, Carson Palmer 2 weeks off his barca lounger, Christian Ponder, the dynamic duo of Matt Cassell and Tyler Palko, and Sanchez. Oh, and Phillip Rivers, who I think has syphilis or rabies this season.

Still, it's better then any QB for the Colts and at the end of the day...

He does not seem to be the sharpest knife in the droor either

I hope and pray, Tebow-style, that this was intentional.

I think you have to wait until a player produces for a longer period of time than the 10 games or whatever that Tebow has been in the mix. It's too early to say much about it either way. Vince Young looked like a world-beater for a little while but then fizzled out. Other players have gone the opposite way. So it's premature to make any definitive judgments on Tebow's career at this point. He's done what he's needed to do to help his team win. That's all anyone can really say so far that isn't just an opinion.

wow the coolaid is thick here,but you will see.Vince Young was doing the the same thing and everybody was counting his superbowl rings

What I recall being said about Vince Young was that he was a major headcase. His win-loss record always took a backseat to his "issues". I have a hard time imagining Tebow disappearing and being feared suicidal after getting booed, or flinging his shoulder pads into the stands when he doesn't get his way, or being repeatedly questioned about his work ethic and leadership.

He does not seem to be the sharpest knife in the droor either.

I can't pretend to have heard him speak all that often, but haven't yet heard anything to suggest this.

You must have a pretty well stocked drawer.

Having said that, at least I don't see or hear him beating his own drum endlessly.

At least he hasn't coined his team 'the dream team'.

Also, I really wish people would stop referring to them as the Denver Tebow's.

Not here, but I hear it all too often elsewhere.

It's annoying, and doesn't help the case.

I think John Fox deserves Coach of the Year for being willing to coach to his players strengths rather than force them to be what they are not unlike a bad coach who makes Painter and Orlovsky try to be Peyton Manning.

Novel idea huh???

Caldwell definitely doesn't understand the concept, or he just has his hands tied by Polian...

I think John Fox deserves Coach of the Year for being willing to coach to his players strengths rather than force them to be what they are not unlike a bad coach who makes Painter and Orlovsky try to be Peyton Manning.

John Fox is holding Tebow back. Sure, he's run a few option plays a game but if Fox was smart he would get Tebow into an up tempo, shotgun offense.