Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2 RBS!

PuntersArePeopleToo

Sign a Running Back  

64 members have voted

1. 1. WIll we sign another before Sunday?

I think Tipton will go up we signed Michael Hill to the practice squad and released Thomas again.

Trent will be more of an every down back which might actually get him going and Herron will give him breathers. I don't see how we can not activate Tipton for the Jags game. I wouldn't count on Boom on Kick Offs anymore can't risk it probably the main reason for Cribbs signing. He should be an upgrade over Whalen Purifoy would have been IMO but man Cribbs has 9 PR and 17 KO career fumbles I don't understand this move add in the fact he's 31.  

I may be in the minority but I would rather see Boom get the ball more than Tate or Blount. He knows the offense and has earned it I don't think either of those guys are that big of an upgrade if any.  

I bet Rainy wishes he would have stayed off of twitter he would have seemed like a logical move at this point....can't fix stupid. He could have killed two birds with one stone upgrade the return game and provide depth at RB and he is familiar with the O.

Remember that Josh Cribbs played RB also while in Clevland..

He did the wild cat when everyone was hot on that formation don't. He wasn't really a RB. Cleveland had plays designed to get him the ball. 

He had 20 carries in 2010, 55 carries in 09, 29 carries in 08. He has 141 for his career it was mainly wildcat and reverses he was an explosive player 4 years ago Browns tried to get him the ball.

I don't think we will see him in our backfield or on offense period. I really don't understand the signing a 31 yr old KR with 26 career fumbles.   

Yes.

It's between Ben Tate and Zurlon Tipton.

If we don't win the waivers on Tate, we will promote Tipton.

Could come down to us and Miami both 6-4  Chicago has need to guess we will see. I would be surprised if we get Tate would be a nice pickup this late 

I see a lot of wasted ability and a great player that the Colts cannot coach up to his NFL ability.

This dancing around is what the Colts need.

Yeah.. he is noticeably bigger now which i feel has slowed him down.. he needs to loose some weight and gain that speed back

Even in that highlight reel you can see his lack of speed and acceleration, That stutter step he made at :19 wont and has not worked in the NFL.

His best quality I see in that reel is that he is shifty and it shows up in the NFL when he isn't relying heavily on Power and Jump Cuts but using his hips and shifting and lower his pads...Which he don't do enough of.

He has the ability to be a top Back( you don't need elite speed to be a top Back though I'd challenge you need more acceleration then what he has shown...Though dropping a few lb's....maybe 10 would probably go a long way).

I think he has to drop a few LB's and change a couple things about his running style...More speed cuts to go along with his jump cuts....Less power cuts