Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Spectacular effort....

John Dee

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's somewhat ironic that we're having to prove context and correct the factual info on BOTH sides of this argument :P

I haven't been factually wrong with anything I have said. You having a different opinion on the quality of the Ravens offense is an OPINION issue, not a factual one (as much as you might want it to be).

And yet they're 9th in total points.

Any post in which you're writing "Denver is not an elite offense because they're 21st in total yards"  you just need to stop and hit cancel or delete.

It's just good old fashion silly.......

You make a good point. So let them play 2 more games before "WE" call them elite.

Ehh by watching them play? By knowing their roster? By knowing they are top 5 in scoring and passing?

The fact you are questioning the fact Denver are a great offense is just ridiculous.

Im not questioning Denvers offense puffy, Im questioning your opinion of what "ELITE" is or is'nt.....

No they did not.

I haven't been factually wrong with anything I have said. You having a different opinion on the quality of the Ravens offense is an OPINION issue, not a factual one (as much as you might want it to be).

Umm you kinda said flat out they didn't have have a top 10 O when they played us.

Are you saying what you meant to say is.. "in my opinion, the Ravens did not have a top ten O when they played the Colts despite most traditionally recognised metrics suggesting otherwise"? 

That statement would be passable as an opinion, you presented it as fact and got it shot down. Now you can accept it gracefully or you can continue to dig a hole. Your call  but it's not going to do your posting credibility any favours. 

Umm you kinda said flat out they didn't have have a top 10 O when they played us.

Are you saying what you meant to say is.. "in my opinion, the Ravens did not have a top ten O when they played the Colts despite most traditionally recognised metrics suggesting otherwise"? 

That statement would be passable as an opinion, you presented it as fact and got it shot down. Now you can accept it gracefully or you can continue to dig a hole. Your call  but it's not going to do your posting credibility any favours. 

I'm actually waiting for someone to post these "metrics" from before the Ravens-Colts game. 

Suggesting I was "shot down" with no evidence presented is dumber than bringing up Denver's total yardage.

Who is "we"?  Denver is #21 of 32 teams on offense, how do they rank as "ELITE"? I bet you think the Seahawks are "ELITE" too huh? Go troll elsewhere bud.

Denver's only 21st in virtue of having played 1 fewer game that most teams. But they are 3rd in the league in points per game, and 9th in yards per game, so they're pretty good offensively. Same for Philly. Both Baltimore and Cincy are top-10 scoring offenses (entering today).

I'm actually waiting for someone to post these "metrics" from before the Ravens-Colts game. 

Suggesting I was "shot down" with no evidence presented is dumber than bringing up Denver's total yardage.

As of 04/10 (the day before the Colt Ravens game) the Ravens had:

An average of 394.2 Yards per game (6th in the NFL)

An average of 25.8 points per game (9th in the NFL)

That would be two pretty important metrics inside the top ten no? Plus the DVOA link I've already given you. Do we need to go on?

As of 04/10 (the day before the Colt Ravens game) the Ravens had:

An average of 394.2 Yards per game (6th in the NFL)

An average of 25.8 points per game (9th in the NFL)

That would be two pretty important metrics inside the top ten no? Plus the DVOA link I've already given you. Do we need to go on?

If you notice we posted at the exact same time so I didn't see your earlier link.

No it isn't. The per game stats can be found next to the total yards,

If you need more help just let me know and I'll do everything I can to walk you through it.

You are right, they are. AND if you click on yards per game, that puts the NON elite Ravens at #8 and your ELITE Broncos #9. You can do the same for total points per game. Still puts Cincinnati and Baltimore in the top 10....

Seems hypocritical does'nt it? Any questions?

You are right, they are. AND if you click on yards per game, that puts the NON elite Ravens at #8 and your ELITE Broncos #9.

Seems hypocritical does'nt it? Any questions?

The Ravens yards per game average shot right up following the blowout over Tampa and today's big win. I guarantee they wouldn't have been 8th before the Colts game.

I'm not being hypocritical at all. You should probably double-check the meaning of the word before using it again.

The Ravens yards per game average shot right up following the blowout over Tampa and today's big win. I guarantee they wouldn't have been 8th before the Colts game.

I'm not being hypocritical at all. You should probably double-check the meaning of the word before using it again.

No they were 9th... as we've dug out for you... but the argument was about them being top 10 prior to the Colts game. I'm not saying you're a hypocrite I'm just saying you've got your facts wrong.

No they were 9th... as we've dug out for you... but the argument was about them being top 10 prior to the Colts game. I'm not saying you're a hypocrite I'm just saying you've got your facts wrong.

I think we all know what the word "hypocrite" means. If you call one team in the top 10 elite to defend a bogus post you made while saying the other top 10 teams are not elite or were'nt elite on a certain day and then being PROVED wrong pretty much seals it for me.

As a student of the game and a "still learning" fan, I always admired the Baltimore defense in the last couple of years of Pagano. Even back then, I realized it was kind of a hybrid and all - but the way they kind of wandered around and didn't really commit to anything before the snap really intrigued me. I admit, like many of you, I was disappointed when Chuck came here and the Colt's defense just didn't look quite look the same.

Fool am  I. Of course, it takes any new coach or co-ordinator a couple of years to get the right players, the right training, the right scheme, the right conditioning - like leading troops to battle. Now that Chuck has his type of players (major beef as one trait - among the beefiest in the league) and they have learned his helter-skelter scheme - obviously with the help of Manusky - they are beginning to carve this defense into Chuck's pride and joy. I am not saying we are there - maybe we are, or getting close - but Chuck is starting to realize his vision for this defense - and I believe that he now has most of the personnel he was looking for. When I saw them wandering around before the snap today and not committing - and then BRINGING IT - I realized we are well on our way and it reminded me so much of that Pagano Raven's defense.

What a remarkable performance by the defense today!

ColtsHappy

Ehh by watching them play? By knowing their roster? By knowing they are top 5 in scoring and passing?

The fact you are questioning the fact Denver are a great offense is just ridiculous.

1st off, I never said Denver did'nt have a great offense. No fact there. Nice try.

You said:

"We still need to see how well they play against a good offense.

Indy are 0-2 against elite offenses this season."

So let me get this straight.

Denver is an elite team based on your posts, and the Colts still need to beat a good offense to satisfy you.

1. The Colts lead the league in offense, and after today should be a top 5 defense as well.

2. Denver has played 5 games. 3 of the 5 vs .500 or less teams. (They lost to one of them.)

Colts have played 6 games. 3 of the 6 vs .500 or less teams.

Please explain why Denver is elite and the Colts still need to play a good offense. :popcorn:

Every team does that, some even lose to .500 and under teams. Whats your point?

Is this: who really cares what a team was ranked before,after, during, etc.  as far as stats.  We have beat two very good teams in Cincy, and Baltimore, lost to two really good teams in Denver and Philly.  Stats are so overrated.  People are going to look and say this team is this or this team is that.  We either play good enough to win or we don't.  That's all I'm saying. 

No, it's quite the opposite actually.

The fact that you are claiming that Denver's offense is not elite is just ridiculous.

And the only person here who doesn't know it..........     is you.

Congratulations on that!   :thmup:

Is this: who really cares what a team was ranked before,after, during, etc.  as far as stats.  We have beat two very good teams in Cincy, and Baltimore, lost to two really good teams in Denver and Philly.  Stats are so overrated.  People are going to look and say this team is this or this team is that.  We either play good enough to win or we don't.  That's all I'm saying. 

I agree with you that stats can be meaningless and overrated.

Any given Sunday!

Some like to debate those stats and rankings.

Some like to post on forums about it. Some don't.

Opinions and debate, yup thats what forums do....

Agreed.

I almost forgot about Arthur Jones as well, he was projected to be our best D-Lineman this year. He should be back in time for the next game.

Jones-Redding-Chapman-Francois-Kerr-Hughes is a monster rotation on the D-line.

I'm loving Redding.. Hope he sticks it out for one more year and comes back to make a run for a championship if we don't win it all this year.

No, it's quite the opposite actually.

The fact that you are claiming that Denver's offense is not elite is just ridiculous.

And the only person here who doesn't know it..........     is you.

Congratulations on that!   :thmup:

It was actually the guy who I was arguing with who said Denver's offense was not elite.

Congratulations on not being able to read.

It was actually the guy who I was arguing with who said Denver's offense was not elite.

Congratulations on not being able to read.

Actually you we're arguing as to why Denver is elite, but our Colts have something to prove first.

P.S. It takes at least 2 people to argue, I am merely amused at your blatant attempts to do so....