Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Defense Pass Rush

austriancolt

Today we had 5 sacks by 5 different players and I really love how the Colts are replacing Mathis with their complete Defensive unit! A lot of credit to Manusky and Pagano for that. We definitively benefit not relying on one man to do the work and guys like Werner and Newsome start to shine. Even with Mathis back we should stay that course

well said i like they way that werner has steped up in the last couple of game i see at least 8 sack season this season as for the rest of the defense i think they playing really well we have great coverage on the backend and i really think mike adams has stepped up and played really well and having freeman back is a big boost you can just tell the defense is more fluid with him being the QB of the defense

well said i like they way that werner has steped up in the last couple of game i see at least 8 sack season this season as for the rest of the defense i think they playing really well we have great coverage on the backend and i really think mike adams has stepped up and played really well and having freeman back is a big boost you can just tell the defense is more fluid with him being the QB of the defense

Might be in the minority here but I'm really starting to like Brown as the starter opposite Adams. I say let Landry rotate in if Brown keeps this type of play up or look to trade Landry

That move Newsome put on Duane Brown though...man I don't even think Brown laid a finger on him that play

I said it before the draft, I said it when we drafted him, I said it in preseason, and I'll say it again now: Jonathan Newsome is going to be a really good pass rusher in the NFL. It's just a matter of time and reps, and he's going to be a nightmare.

The move that he put on Duane Brown is something he did in college all the time, and it worked like it did tonight most of the time. Brown wound up tripping over himself, but it wouldn't have mattered, as Newsome beat him anyways. If we start stunting him and looping him around to the inside, he'll continue to wreak havoc. 

Might be in the minority here but I'm really starting to like Brown as the starter opposite Adams. I say let Landry rotate in if Brown keeps this type of play up or look to trade Landry

Weren't you going nuts one day saying Brown could play special teams all day long but should never ever play safety???

Or was that Shipley shouldnt play guard???

Weren't you going nuts one day saying Brown could play special teams all day long but should never ever play safety???

Or was that Shipley shouldnt play guard???

Shipley shouldn't play G, thats what got him traded then cut. He's a center point blank period

And I say Brown is at his best at ST. But he's proven to be a upgrade over Landry thus far

But knowing the staff Landry probably starts when he gets back

Shipley shouldn't play G, thats what got him traded then cut. He's a center point blank period

And I say Brown is at his best at ST. But he's proven to be a upgrade over Landry thus far

But knowing the staff Landry probably starts when he gets back

Ha, yeah...

You were just crackin me up the day there was a thread going about shipley, you posted like a dozen times that shipley shouldnt, under any circumstances, ever, never, play guard...

It was funny, just thought id bust your chops a bit...

But i agree Browns filled in better than expected...

Ha, yeah...

You were just crackin me up the day there was a thread going about shipley, you posted like a dozen times that shipley shouldnt, under any circumstances, ever, never, play guard...

It was funny, just thought id bust your chops a bit...

But i agree Browns filled in better than expected...

Gotta get your point across on this forum haha

I said it before the draft, I said it when we drafted him, I said it in preseason, and I'll say it again now: Jonathan Newsome is going to be a really good pass rusher in the NFL. It's just a matter of time and reps, and he's going to be a nightmare.

The move that he put on Duane Brown is something he did in college all the time, and it worked like it did tonight most of the time. Brown wound up tripping over himself, but it wouldn't have mattered, as Newsome beat him anyways. If we start stunting him and looping him around to the inside, he'll continue to wreak havoc. 

So you think Newsome might be a good pass rusher? :P 

True, just wished he could've finished off Flacco last Sunday but Flacco is a big dude

Thought i was the only one to see that, that move was amazing. I like Newsome as a rotational guy he brings a high motor. 

Newsome can definitely be something special because he has a great first move but when that first move is countered by elite OL, he will need to add more to the repertoire. It will come with time.

Newsome can definitely be something special because he has a great first move but when that first move is countered by elite OL, he will need to add more to the repertoire. It will come with time.

Agreed, I think the more he works under the tutelage of Mathis, he will surely become a dominant pass rusher in this league he has the physical tools, just needs that time to develop like you mentioned.