Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vonte Davis Great write up

CS Coltsfan

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. The totality of his career says more than a couple of games.

Those stats are not of the totality of his career, Those stats are of this season, And the stats have clearly shown he has gotten much better(Film backs that up clearly if you know what your looking at)...Unless your saying a player cannot improve? Which I would assume that's not what your saying simply because that would be a ridiculous statement to make

It didn't look like it was going to be a good game early, but it had its moments in the second half. Still, the officials looked as though they still have their head in the preseason. They were just awful. That crew won't be officiating a playoff game if they don't improve dramatically.

Because you folks continue to show your a**. I'm amused by it. I'm especially amused by the people who now claim Davis is the very best CB in the NFL.. Before I started this, you guys had him as a top ten gut. I've gotten you people to now say he's the best of the best. By next week I'll have you outraged into calling him the greatest of all time.

haha, you really overestimate your impact. He is not the best CB in football, but he has been the top performer this year, and has a valid stake in the top-5 conversation. Your attempts to call him average are laughable, and prove how little you actually watch the game.

He is a problem with giving up pass interfence penalties, so he is not without flaws. But he is very very good.

Vontae has been a stud all year and then he has the game he had tonight.

Ugh.

He didn't have a terrible game The back shoulder catch by andre was surprisingly a perfect throw and andre will make that catch every time. The PI was tough, but i that's gonna happen from time to time.

Actually, that wasn't a fumble. Johnson never had control of the ball. The officiating tonight has been inconsistent and quite questionable. Not the refs finest outing.

He did have control of the ball... Stop listening to Mike Carey and have an opinion of your own. He took two steps with the ball not moving from just under his shoulder, that is having control of the ball. Carey just did not want to correct himself.

Actually, he didn't have control, but you are allowed to think what you want. Who's Mike Carey? Never heard of the dude.

Where you at the game? Or did you watch it with the commentary off? Or did you watch it through an non-CBS broadcaster?

Of course he had control, two steps without the ball moving a bit.

Where you at the game? Or did you watch it with the commentary off? Or did you watch it through an non-CBS broadcaster?

Of course he had control, two steps without the ball moving a bit.

He actually even took 3 steps without the ball moving

You really think Andre Johnson is as good as he was a couple years ago? Not too long ago, he was the best receiver in the NFL. He's not even in the discussion now.

First of all at no.point was he ever the best in the nfl. Top five sure. He is still very good and gets open much like Reggie.

Second, what does any of that have to do with the last play?

You really think Andre Johnson is as good as he was a couple years ago? Not too long ago, he was the best receiver in the NFL. He's not even in the discussion now.

Are you really seriously trying say a WR who just came off a year where he finished 7th in the league in receiving yards and was 6th in the league in catches of 20+ yards while having Case Keenum chuck him the ball for 8 games is not in the discussion? I mean seriously if your going with crazy claims then at least back them up with some substance

I'm saying Andre Johnson is not nearly the receiver he was a few seasons ago. You know, back when he was considered the very best in the NFL. Do you think he's still in the discussion as the best WR in the NFL.

If by "best in the NFL" you mean capable of leading the NFL in receiving yards then yes of course, Will he? Not as long as Fitzpatrick is chuckin him the ball, But he is absolutely in the discussion

I will predict right now, that the same people who are saying Davis is the best CB in the game will be screaming about how terrible he is by week 10

There was nothing wrong with Davis' coverage in that game. It was not extraordinary but he wasn't getting burned badly either. Maybe you haven't noticed but the NFL game has changed. Now if a QB makes a good throw , there's a good chance that there will be a completion. Talib gets beat , Sherman gets beat , Perterson gets beat, Revis can't play zone. I mean who are these great QB's you see that makes V Davis "average." Plus he's better than any of those players when supporting the run. Best CB in football ? Naa.... but closer to that than being an average one.

If by "best in the NFL" you mean capable of leading the NFL in receiving yards then yes of course, Will he? Not as long as Fitzpatrick is chuckin him the ball, But he is absolutely in the discussion

Do you really need to have the term "best in the NFL" explained to you? Which receiver is considered the best in the NFL right now and has been for a few years? It's really not all that complicated.

Like Insaid, a few years ago, Andre Johnson was considered the best WR in the NFL. Now, no.