Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Time for Jets to Start Vick?

amfootball

Smith is regressing? How is that even possible? He stunk last year, he stinks now, and the sad part is he's still a better option than Sanchez ever was.

Vick is the best QB on their roster. Sure he's a shell of his former self, and sure he may only last five snaps, but you should still play the best player available.

It was a horrible draft class all round IMO.

Yeah, when the first pick is an OT, who didn't even know he would be drafted until the night itself, you know things are going to get funky. Outside of the safeties, a few receivers and TEs, I don't think the class was all that great either. They still have a few years to make names for themselves though.

The Jets offense is awful. Smith looks like he is regressing from last year. Might be time to go to Vick for a spark. Next three games for Jets are brutal - At San Diego, Home vs Denver, AT New England. They could be 1-6 in a few weeks and season over.

Yes..Geno is not ready...hes the future..but an attempt at a playoff berth is the present

I think it is time for the Jets to hire a new head coach. One that has a little knowledge of offense and not straight up defense. Both the Ryan boys don't come close as to what their father was as far as knowing how to motivate their players. They say the apple don't fall far from the tree?  In this case I would have to disagree.

Geno Smith is never going to get any better than he is right now, IMO. The sooner the Jets make a change the better off they'll be. Vick is not that much better but he'll give them a better chance to win this year. 

This is why I liked what Houston did this past offseason. Instead of "settling" for whoever would happen to be available in this year's draft, they said "no thanks" and decided to hold out and do the best they could with what they've got. Instead of mortgaging a high pick on a risky player they waited to take a project player.  

You see it happen time and time again. Guys end up being overvalued based on them being the best of a bad crop. EJ Manuel is going to end up out of the league in three to five years also. 

I assured everyone here in the preseason that Smith would not start, I guaranteed it. I was wrong, and it was pointed out. 

Now we have him cussing out fans and sporting a sub 30 QBR. No more assurances from me regarding Smith, because it's insulting to Jets fans that they went with Smith in the first place, so I think Ryan will live and die by his faulty decision to start Smith. 

Ryan sealed his fate, this is his last year, and this decision to not start Vick has (IMO) put an end to Ryan's reign in NY.