Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New Kravitz Article -

Fatboyslim11

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree with Kravitz, the colts are probably not putting themselves in a position to win many games, BUT if this top rated QB Luck is as good as they say, then it doesn't make a lot of sense to go 6-10. I think since this is a lost year the franchise may be setting themselves up for another good 15 year run....JMO

I generally like Kravitz but this article is over the top. It is not like they are starting Painter instead of Manning, Elway or Marino. It is Dan Freaking Orlovsky. I think it is very likely that they stuck with Painter because they think he gives them the best chance to win. Orlovsky's record is not too good and he was available for anyone to take earlier this year and no one...

I generally like Kravitz but this article is over the top. It is not like they are starting Painter instead of Manning, Elway or Marino. It is Dan Freaking Orlovsky. I think it is very likely that they stuck with Painter because they think he gives them the best chance to win. Orlovsky's record is not too good and he was available for anyone to take earlier this year and no one...

I generally DON'T like Kravitz, but otherwise I agree completely. I realize it's just an opinion piece, but there aren't enough other voices in this town to balance him. He is sounding more and more like some of the sarcastic and emotional members of this forum. Of course he (and they) are entitled to their opinion, but I'd hope for more from a competent professional journalist. Perhaps therein lies the problem.

Here's an example of a genuine opinion piece on Jim Harbaugh that I'm sure will resonate well with Colts fans.

http://www.nytimes.c...html?ref=sports

Kravitz article is just that, an article. Kravitz is paid to write a sports article. He wants his article to be read and get fans talking. He had to write something. Colts fans are already upset, so throw a little fuel on the fire. If we were in NY or Chicago, he would get fired for writing anything other than what he wrote. Peyton was the Colts offense. No Peyton, no offense. No offense and an average defense. What should you expect?

Might as well take a chill pill, Colts fans. What's the difference between 0-16 and 1-15 or 2-14? I mean really, is there a difference? If there were a difference, it would mean picking 2d or 3d in the NFL draft. That's all it would mean.

Kravitz had to write something. Big whooppee. Nothing to get upset about. It is what we expected, after all.

Well.....NY and Philly op-writers are every bit as brutal as Kravitz, and then some.

He could've picked his weekly fight with Polian alot better than he did with that piece though, because neither Painter or Orlovsky are gonna take the Colts anywhere.

And at this point the #1 pick is almost a slam dunk.

Kravitz article is just that, an article. Kravitz is paid to write a sports article. He wants his article to be read and get fans talking. He had to write something. Colts fans are already upset, so throw a little fuel on the fire. If we were in NY or Chicago, he would get fired for writing anything other than what he wrote. Peyton was the Colts offense. No Peyton, no offense. No offense and an average defense. What should you expect?

Might as well take a chill pill, Colts fans. What's the difference between 0-16 and 1-15 or 2-14? I mean really, is there a difference? If there were a difference, it would mean picking 2d or 3d in the NFL draft. That's all it would mean.

Kravitz had to write something. Big whooppee. Nothing to get upset about. It is what we expected, after all.

You are right of course, aside from the highlighted portion.

I've lived in the NY market my entire life. PERHAPS the Daily News or the NY Post would tolerate an article like this - they both feature some "down to earth" writers who often mimic the general public's basest emotions. But accusing your team of cheating on the basis of your rude personal opinion of their backup quarterback would be severely over the top even by their standards. The NY Times, on the other hand, would likely FIRE someone FOR writing drivel such as this. But you wouldn't know it because it wouldn't have a chance of ever making the paper. Many other papers (Star Ledger, etc) would also have a default standard which is MUCH higher than this.

The News/Post are commonly referred to as sensationalist tabloids, and that's being kind. The Post is owned by Rupert Murdoch for Gods sake. They compete with each other in aiming low, and most people who enjoy them (I've gotten them for their sports opinions and information many many times) consider them a vice the equivalent having too much sugar in your diet. It's easy going down, but has no substance or long-term benefit what-so-ever.

Is that what you want from the only sports opinion columnist in the region? He just isn't very good, and he enjoy's his little fiefdom way too much.

I've lived in the NY market my entire life. PERHAPS the Daily News or the NY Post would tolerate an article like this - they both feature some "down to earth" writers who often mimic the general public's basest emotions. But accusing your team of cheating on the basis of your rude personal opinion of their backup quarterback would be severely over the top even by their standards. The NY Times, on the other hand, would likely FIRE someone FOR writing drivel such as this. But you wouldn't know it because it wouldn't have a chance of ever making the paper. Many other papers (Star Ledger, etc) would also have a default standard which is MUCH higher than this.

The News/Post are commonly referred to as sensationalist tabloids, and that's being kind. The Post is owned by Rupert Murdoch for Gods sake. They compete with each other in aiming low, and most people who enjoy them (I've gotten them for their sports opinions and information many many times) consider them a vice the equivalent having too much sugar in your diet. It's easy going down, but has no substance or long-term benefit what-so-ever.

Is that what you want from the only sports opinion columnist in the region? He just isn't very good, and he enjoy's his little fiefdom way too much.

I live in central NJ about equal distance from NYC and Philly. I ge. t all the tv stations from both markets and see the daily papers. I can assure you sports coverage is all over the map from respected, objective pieces in papers in both markets to almost yellow journalism when some of the papers are competing for the most lurid headlines. Some of the articles and opinion pieces in the NY Post about the Jets and Giants for example would make Kravitz look like the biggest Colts booster in Indy.The Colts are so used to favorable reporting no matter what the reality of the situation is by the Star and other media outlets in Indy. Of course there are other news outlets in the region and their Colts reporting has been a little more even handed in comparison to the Indy Star. Then there is a segment of the fan base that will believe whatever Polian tells them to believe. They refused (and some still do) to realize the franchise and its leadership make mistakes, sometimes glaring mistakes. I suppose some are only familiar to that measure of success during Polian's reign that they are willing to give up their objectivity in return for the regular season wins of seasons past. You never hear them react with the same conviction about the post season collapses. Never mind there was always chinks in the Colts armour - poor drafts, too small players, inability to draft good lineman and defensive backs, poor salary cap management, nepotism (I'm all for nepotism as long as the person is competent) and an inability to invite and accept objective criticism/analysis of the team weaknesses.

At least Kravitz has the guts to point out some of the Colts management shortcomings. Like the Emperor's new clothes, some will not admit the Colts have serious issues to address and overcome if they want to truly be an elite franchise. Although I don't agree with everything Kravitz has written, I believe his articles concerning the Colts and its management have been spot on.

Happy gobble gobble day.

I agree, I hate to say this but there is a very real chance that Painter is the better of the two QBs. Just because Painter is stinking pretty bad it doesn't mean Orlovsky is good. Remember he was on the roster too when they went out and got Collins so clearly the Colts weren't comfortable with him then either.

rotfl....Jeez MAC, it sounds like you'd be happier out in the Hamptons watching polo instead.

It's football man!!

Some times it IS sensational.

People knock the crap out of each other on a field and once in a while drunk fans and even drunker sportswriters have their opinions.

It's all good.

Painter is progressing? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Caldwell talks about tailoring things to his strength and all I can say is Why in the world did you not do that from week one? I don't know how these guys keep a straight face.

Of course they are tanking. They know getting the first pick is best for the team and Painter gives us the best chance of losing.

I agree, I hate to say this but there is a very real chance that Painter is the better of the two QBs. Just because Painter is stinking pretty bad it doesn't mean Orlovsky is good. Remember he was on the roster too when they went out and got Collins so clearly the Colts weren't comfortable with him then either.

I agree with your points and no matter who plays, is a question of who's less bad? Both are bad, so what difference does it make? I have to admit, I found this article entertaining. My folks are in town from Indiana and my dad (season ticket holder since '84) and I read the article and agreed with Bob on most points. The only thing we didn't agree with is the accusation of tanking. That is nothing more than a headline that will get a lot of attention and sell papers. I do agree, however, 100% with Bob's take on this team changing nothing. They won't try anything new. It's the same vanilla play calling, base defense, etc. There is clearly a toxic relationship between the management of the Colts and the local media. In a way, I can't blame Kravitz. His only defense is what he prints and if Polian et al gave a hooh about the local media as much as they do the nat'l media, this article probably never goes out. Regardless, tanking? I don't think so. Going status quo like we always do, even when Manning was under center, you betcha. For this reason, they will continue to lose and, as Kravitz points out, insult the intelligence of the fans and the media. I also like the fact he pointed out bailing on the perfect season. Another case of "doing what we do".

rotfl....Jeez MAC, it sounds like you'd be happier out in the Hamptons watching polo instead.

It's football man!!

Some times it IS sensational.

People knock the crap out of each other on a field and once in a while drunk fans and even drunker sportswriters have their opinions.

It's all good.

Where did I leave my mint Julip. :wink:

Actually, nah, don't like LI much at all, but I am pretty fond of thinking - and good writing. I was raised on "Sports of the Times" (Arthur Daley, Red Smith, Dave Anderson, George Vecsey, etc). I wanted to BE a sportswriter at one point. Good ones turn it into an art form that makes the reader think and feel, without ever being so obnoxious that they get banned from the clubhouse. They can put sports into the context of the more important things in life, and can win Pulitzer prizes in the process (as Daley and Anderson did).

Kravitz is average when he tries hard, and offensive when he doesn't. Of course there are more important things in life, and I don't begrudge him his opinion, but unlike in NY there aren't a dozen other professional writers to turn to. He badly needs a little competent competition.

I live in central NJ about equal distance from NYC and Philly.

So do I.

We may have some minor differences of opinion about the depths to which various papers may go in comparison to Kravitz, but that doesn't really matter.

Here's what I do object to in your statement:

Kravitz points fingers and makes sarcastic/personally insulting comments, but to you it's just that he "has the guts to point out some of the Colts management shortcomings".

Other sources speak more respectfully, enthusiastically, and optimistically, and to you "they will not admit the Colts have serious issues to address and overcome if they want to truly be an elite franchise".

In other words, your definition of an objective sportswriter is one who happens to agree with you.

I'm a big defender of the Colts front office, but I couldn't care less if a sportswriter disagrees. It's just that a good writer should evaluate a situation from every angle and provide the reader as much to think about as possible. His (respectful) opinion is only a piece of the puzzle, as he paints a picture that validates his conclusions. I'm happy to read, learn, and either applaud or reconsider. That is a FAR cry from Kravitz, who has a default position that "EVERYBODY knows that the Colts front office is horrific in every way, let me see if I can grab some eyeballs by making those who agree with me laugh, and those who disagree with me fume." He's a lousy writer, and he is aiming awfully low. It's not journalism (or quality commentary to be more specific). It's just offensive.

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.

I thought Kravitz was spot on with the Chris Polian article but I don't completely agree with this one. Orlovsky has already proven that he can go 0-16. They brought him in to back up Painter, not complete for the starting job. With that being said, this has Bill Polian's fingerprints all over it. I suspect that God Polian has told Caldwell that Painter is to keep starting. The Colts drafted Painter, they have somewhat attempted to develop him for the past 2 or 3 years to be a backup QB. No one thinks Orlovsky is going to be with this team next year while Painter may very well be. Polian wants "his guy" to play.

Actually, nah, don't like LI much at all, but I am pretty fond of thinking - and good writing. I was raised on "Sports of the Times" (Arthur Daley, Red Smith, Dave Anderson, George Vecsey, etc). I wanted to BE a sportswriter at one point. Good ones turn it into an art form that makes the reader think and feel, without ever being so obnoxious that they get banned from the clubhouse. They can put sports into the context of the more important things in life, and can win Pulitzer prizes in the process (as Daley and Anderson did).

Kravitz is average when he tries hard, and offensive when he doesn't. Of course there are more important things in life, and I don't begrudge him his opinion, but unlike in NY there aren't a dozen other professional writers to turn to. He badly needs a little competent competition.

I actually grew up in NJ and remember the Star Ledger. Jerry Izenberg comes to mind but its been a long time since I lived there.

Before Bill Gates graced us with these contraptions I'd hope for any slither of information on the Colts.... Baltimore that is.... that I could get from the Ledger. It was slim pickings other than the box scores or playoff recaps.

But times have changed and along with shock radio and shock TV news left or right, I guess we have to sift thru some shock sportswriting too.

Some of it is good for laughs and sometimes they raise legit points.... but a steady diet of it does get old.

I actually grew up in NJ and remember the Star Ledger. Jerry Izenberg comes to mind but its been a long time since I lived there.

Before Bill Gates graced us with these contraptions I'd hope for any slither of information on the Colts.... Baltimore that is.... that I could get from the Ledger. It was slim pickings other than the box scores or playoff recaps.

But times have changed and along with shock radio and shock TV news left or right, I guess we have to sift thru some shock sportswriting too.

Some of it is good for laughs and sometimes they raise legit points.... but a steady diet of it does get old.

Agree with you 100%, and was similarly frustrated as a young Colts fan. Somewhere I still have a folder with Colts articles and the like from way back when. A write-up in Sports Illustrated wasn't just a nice validation, it was a source of information that I had no prayer of finding elsewhere.

Jerry Izenberg was terrific. I enjoyed his oral pieces on the local NY news stations as well.

Jealous haters, *, and terrible sports writers will say the Colts are tanking unless the Colts start making *ic decisions that involve hamstringing the future of the team to bring in a marginal starting QB who won't be ready to play until game 13 or 14.

Let's burn up all of our remaining cap of 3 million for the year or give of 3 first round picks for Ryan Mallet or some other goofy thing.

Kravitz is a very good writer,and I disagree with a lot of what he says,but in this tissue paper soft town he is one of the few with any cahonas.He simply does not care what the Colt's front office thinks and I admire that.If this was any major market like Philly or NY , Polian would be under siege like has never been seen before for the ineptitude of this team with the absence of one player.His arrogant,smug,belittling attitude,and his iq insulting excuses, would not fly most places.

Kravitz is a very good writer,and I disagree with a lot of what he says,but in this tissue paper soft town he is one of the few with any cahonas.He simply does not care what the Colt's front office thinks and I admire that.If this was any major market like Philly or NY , Polian would be under siege like has never been seen before for the ineptitude of this team with the absence of one player.His arrogant,smug,belittling attitude,and his iq insulting excuses, would not fly most places.

Sports "journalism" is mostly tabloid style writing. The writers are scum bags who occasionally hit upon a few nuggets of truth. Let's not paint them as brave bringers of truth.

Also, a lot of what Kravitz writes isn't so much an opinion to be agreed or disagreed with as it is just factually inaccurate trash.

So do I.

We may have some minor differences of opinion about the depths to which various papers may go in comparison to Kravitz, but that doesn't really matter.

Here's what I do object to in your statement:

Kravitz points fingers and makes sarcastic/personally insulting comments, but to you it's just that he "has the guts to point out some of the Colts management shortcomings".

Other sources speak more respectfully, enthusiastically, and optimistically, and to you "they will not admit the Colts have serious issues to address and overcome if they want to truly be an elite franchise".

In other words, your definition of an objective sportswriter is one who happens to agree with you.

I'm a big defender of the Colts front office, but I couldn't care less if a sportswriter disagrees. It's just that a good writer should evaluate a situation from every angle and provide the reader as much to think about as possible. His (respectful) opinion is only a piece of the puzzle, as he paints a picture that validates his conclusions. I'm happy to read, learn, and either applaud or reconsider. That is a FAR cry from Kravitz, who has a default position that "EVERYBODY knows that the Colts front office is horrific in every way, let me see if I can grab some eyeballs by making those who agree with me laugh, and those who disagree with me fume." He's a lousy writer, and he is aiming awfully low. It's not journalism (or quality commentary to be more specific). It's just offensive.

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.

Yes, central NJ (Somerset county) is a good place to live if you like to take advantage of all the NYC and Philly activities yet maintain a little country living. I'm glad you like it, too. Its a little strange in that there are several Colts fans in the area. There is one Sports bar in Somerset when several Colts fans get together to watch the games. I rarely go because I have the Sunday Ticket and prefer to watch the team from my home.

You did disclose that you are a big defender of the Colts front office. Can I take it from that statement that you are not objective precisely because of your pro Polian bias? Just as I and others may look at the management and coaching of the Colts from a different bias doesn't necessarily mean either viewpoints are wrong or right. Just different. Same with Kravitz.

I generally DON'T like Kravitz, but otherwise I agree completely. I realize it's just an opinion piece, but there aren't enough other voices in this town to balance him. He is sounding more and more like some of the sarcastic and emotional members of this forum. Of course he (and they) are entitled to their opinion, but I'd hope for more from a competent professional journalist. Perhaps therein lies the problem.

Here's an example of a genuine opinion piece on Jim Harbaugh that I'm sure will resonate well with Colts fans.

Just because you think the FO is doing a good job makes you call those who think the opposite as 'sarcastic and emotional'? Or have I misunderstood your dig at those who don't agree with your opinion?

yes, Jerry Izenberg, the goatee and bearded one. I loved his take on almost everything he wrote but especially boxing. Although I have only lived in NJ since 1986 (in the Army and lived in Mississippi prior to that), I remember reading him in the Newark Star Ledger (that is when actual home delivery of newspapers were standard). Thank God for C Band Satellite tv in those days. I got to watch all of the Colts games on the big dish from 1974 to 1995 and on Directv Sunday Ticket since 1996.

Take sports and sport writers for the entertainment they provide and have a good discussion no matter what side of the issues are presented.

What do u expect this guy to write about? The pretty cheerleaders dancing on the sidelines. Its simple. The QBs on this team blow, or the powers that be want them to blow. Which one is it? I have seen this team execute like a well oiled machine under Manning. Painter is a horrible, and I mean horrible QB. He wasnt even that good in college man. So, I understand what this dude is saying. I live in Fort Wayne so dont read alot of this guys stuff. But, the stuff I have read does seem out there. But, this article makes alot of since to me. This segment of the article is straight to the point and if you cant agree with it then all I have to say is C'ON MAN!

We do what we do.

Fine.

What you've done has resulted in 10 straight losses, most of them blowouts.

At least try something.

He is commenting on the team motto this season. What they are doing is losing. I am not saying Orlovsky is the answer. The dude sucks just as bad if not worse then Painter. But, then say that. Tell the fans the truth. This season is lost because we dont have the QB to win games. We are not going to change anything on the offense to help the QB be more productive. He either gets it or he doesnt. And, sorry to say, the QBs we have just plain dont get it.

What do u expect this guy to write about? The pretty cheerleaders dancing on the sidelines. Its simple. The QBs on this team blow, or the powers that be want them to blow. Which one is it? I have seen this team execute like a well oiled machine under Manning. Painter is a horrible, and I mean horrible QB. He wasnt even that good in college man. So, I understand what this dude is saying. I live in Fort Wayne so dont read alot of this guys stuff. But, the stuff I have read does seem out there. But, this article makes alot of since to me. This segment of the article is straight to the point and if you cant agree with it then all I have to say is C'ON MAN!

We do what we do.

Fine.

What you've done has resulted in 10 straight losses, most of them blowouts.

At least try something.

He is commenting on the team motto this season. What they are doing is losing. I am not saying Orlovsky is the answer. The dude sucks just as bad if not worse then Painter. But, then say that. Tell the fans the truth. This season is lost because we dont have the QB to win games. We are not going to change anything on the offense to help the QB be more productive. He either gets it or he doesnt. And, sorry to say, the QBs we have just plain dont get it.

I wouldn't care if he DID write about cheerleaders, while subtly making it clear that his motivation was the fact that watching the team was just too painful. That would just be amusing, not over the top.

What I expect is for him to know more about football than I do. If he would rather that the Colts start Orlovsky, then talk me into it: Evaluate his entire career; look at game film from his days in Detroit and tell me why he would be a better option than Painter; do a human interest story about his ironic ties to two historically poor teams; explain why he is better suited to the offense that the Colts run despite Painter's experience with it; if the Colts won't give him access that he wants, interview former coaches - does someone from Detroit think the world of him and want him to get another chance? Put some effort into it, do your job, craft a compelling argument backed up by reason and evidence.

He probably wrote that article in about ten minutes, and the entire basis of it is that the Colts must be trying to loss if they are stupid enough to continue playing Painter. Do you realize that he just denigrated the ethics, morality, and intelligence of every single person associated with the organization? Do you think that the Colts players feel that way, or want to read that trash? It's absurd and baseless. And he wonders why the Colts don't treat him with the respect that he feels that he deserves? Are you freaking kidding me?

By the way, the Colts have been blown out in precisely three games this season, not "most of them", and they HAVE changed things to try and compliment Painter (and the injured/inexperienced offensive line). They are running the ball a little bit more than last year, and the VAST majority of the pass plays are designed to get the ball out of Painters hands in virtually fractions of a second. And last week they used a rare formation, and ran multiple plays out of it - including a reverse. The implication being that having gotten the Jags to think about the reverse from that formation, NOT running a reverse could be just as much of a surprise. And how about the many deft passes (perfect timing, perfect accuracy, dropping the ball in where only the receiver can touch it) that Painter HAS thrown. The issue is WHY has he regressed since the Saints game, and can anything be done to get his head swiveled back around. The answer isn't "he's horrible", "just do something", and put in a new QB even if "the dude sucks just as bad if not worse then Painter."

Kravitz provides no football basis for making a change at QB. This is all about Painter getting pulled, the media jumping on a non-story, and Kravitz being irritated that he didn't get what he wanted. He doesn't say word to explain how he thinks it is in the long term best interests of the club that Orlovsky starts, he's just lashing out. Not only doesn't that make any sense, but it makes for an opinion piece that is about as historically bad as the Colts season has been.

-----

By the way, I didn't -1 your post. I only do that if someone is being personally insulting, not just because they disagree with me.

Thank God for C Band Satellite tv in those days. I got to watch all of the Colts games on the big dish from 1974 to 1995

Lucky lucky man. I had no idea that was even possible, and probably couldn't have sprung for it even if I had (or more specifically "gotten my parents to spring for it" during the first part of that stretch. I only saw the Colts when they played the Jets during that period (plus the rare national game of course). To have seen every game of three year run in the 70's - oh boy.

Yes, central NJ (Somerset county) is a good place to live if you like to take advantage of all the NYC and Philly activities yet maintain a little country living. I'm glad you like it, too. Its a little strange in that there are several Colts fans in the area. There is one Sports bar in Somerset when several Colts fans get together to watch the games. I rarely go because I have the Sunday Ticket and prefer to watch the team from my home.

You did disclose that you are a big defender of the Colts front office. Can I take it from that statement that you are not objective precisely because of your pro Polian bias? Just as I and others may look at the management and coaching of the Colts from a different bias doesn't necessarily mean either viewpoints are wrong or right. Just different. Same with Kravitz.

Middlesex myself. Can't say that I know anything about area bars, but I'll have to keep that in mind. I enjoy Sunday ticket myself, but there is something to be said for enjoying the game with a group. Can you say the name (PM it if that's against forum rules - I really don't know)?

I am a defender of the front office in the sense that Polian (in particular) is constantly being attacked - often very rudely - by people who don't see that he has brought ANY value to the franchise. I step in and point out what I perceive as the positives. People insist on only seeing things in black and white. While my opinion is no more important than anyone elses, I try very hard to be objective, and to consider all the angles. I could write a paragraph or three about things that Polian has done which I disagreed with, and I could criticize his odd personality. Nobody is perfect, but regardless of how many times I scan the league, I can only come up with a handful of GMs whose track record is even remotely comparable. In trying to push Polian out the door, people need to think about who would take his place. Top flight GMs are even rarer than franchise quarterbacks. I think we have one, but that doesn't mean that I think he's perfect.

And Kravitz is of course writing an opinion piece, so by definition he's entitled to his opinion. That doesn't mean that he's entitled to be so obnoxious, lazy, and thoughtless. Most of his articles seem designed to irritate the heck out of people. On here that would make him a troll. I don't think that it's something that should be applauded.

What I expect is for him to know more about football than I do. If he would rather that the Colts start Orlovsky, then talk me into it: Evaluate his entire career;......

Whoah - you're making this way too complicated. We don't need a 10,000 word Ph.D. thesis here. 0-10 doesn't need very many words. Orlovsky means a change - at best 1-10, at worst 0-11. Let's not over analyze this!! :)

He probably wrote that article in about ten minutes....

0-10 doesn't deserve more than 10 minutes. 5 is plenty.

Kravitz provides no football basis for making a change at QB.

He makes an adequate point .. we are 0-10. There's ZERO reason to think that Painter goes 1-10. Maybe somebody else goes 1-10. (personally I vote for Addai or PatMac). Why would ANYONE not want to try SOMETHING different at this point?!?!?!?!? We have ZERO-NOTHING to lose. For me- I'd LOVE to be entertained while going 0-11!!!!!

Just because you think the FO is doing a good job makes you call those who think the opposite as 'sarcastic and emotional'? Or have I misunderstood your dig at those who don't agree with your opinion?

It wasn't my intent to take a dig at anyone. People on here ARE being sarcastic and emotional. If you disagree, take a poll of the moderators. The more the team loses, the more upset people have become, the more they point fingers, the more they lash out. It's actually calmed down a little bit in the past couple of weeks, thank goodness.

"Sarcastic and emotional" has to do with the state of mind of the writer, and the tone of his words. It has nothing what-so-ever to do with the content of his opinion, other than that it goes hand in hand with people being more interesting in assigning blame and taking pleasure in ridicule and cruelty, rather than in having a respectful conversation in which pros and cons are given equal weight.

In other words, NO, the fact that I am (in sum total, considering 13 years of history) satisfied with the job that the front office has done, doesn't make me call those who think the opposite as 'sarcastic and emotional. I'm calling them sarcastic and emotional because they're sarcastic and emotional. I welcome dissenting opinions - without them there would be no purpose in having a forum in the first place. I have friends on here who I often disagree with. It's the over the top baggage which too often accompanies it that bothers me, and to have someone in Kravitz's position publicly partake is particularly disturbing.

Whoah - you're making this way too complicated. Let's not over analyze this!! :)

0-10 doesn't deserve more than 10 minutes.

we are 0-10. There's ZERO reason to think that Painter goes 1-10. Wyy would ANYONE not want to try SOMETHING different at this point?!?!?!?!? For me- I'd LOVE to be entertained while going 0-11!!!!!

1) Sorry. What can I tell you. :rolleyes:

2) Not to you or me, but Kravitz IS getting paid for this, I assume. He's choosing to just be a destructive force for his own perverse reasons, when he is in a position to be a lot more.

3) I understand, but personally I'm less concerned with extremely short-term entertainment than I am with what's in the best long-term interests of the team. They are continuing to play Painter because they need to see if he can get past this funk, and stabilize as a legitimate NFL backup. I'm seen positives from him, I think that the problem is mental. If you get him past this, you have a roster spot secured for the next few years. If you can't get him past this, you have ANOTHER problem to solve in the off-season. There are only so many draft picks available. Orlovsky is just a warm body. I would be astonished if he has ever been considered as the long-term backup for this team. Personally I don't see the point of playing him unless you think he could play a roll above and beyond just satisfying fans who want Painter thrown to the Lions (or Bengals or Bears) just for the pure satisfaction of having SOMEONE punished for their pain.

Sorry, you lost me at that point.

And for Bravehearts benefit, I'll point out that this is called sarcasm. If you guys don't agree with me about the front office, that's just fine. I AM however capable of talking about it without resorting to this.