Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New Kravitz Article -

Fatboyslim11

And for Bravehearts benefit, I'll point out that this is called sarcasm. If you guys don't agree with me about the front office, that's just fine. I AM however capable of talking about it without resorting to this.

Thanks Mac, I wondered what that comment was all about. I really appreciate you trying to define sarcasm for me. I think your love of the FO is very refreshing, and now I understand how feeble the use of sarcasm is, I'll definitely never resort to that level again.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Mac, I wondered what that comment was all about. I really appreciate you trying to define sarcasm for me. I think your love of the FO is very refreshing, and now I understand how feeble the use of sarcasm is, I'll definitely never resort to that level again.

To give credit where credit is due, that's very nearly funny.

I wouldn't care if he DID write about cheerleaders, while subtly making it clear that his motivation was the fact that watching the team was just too painful. That would just be amusing, not over the top.

What I expect is for him to know more about football than I do. If he would rather that the Colts start Orlovsky, then talk me into it: Evaluate his entire career; look at game film from his days in Detroit and tell me why he would be a better option than Painter; do a human interest story about his ironic ties to two historically poor teams; explain why he is better suited to the offense that the Colts run despite Painter's experience with it; if the Colts won't give him access that he wants, interview former coaches - does someone from Detroit think the world of him and want him to get another chance? Put some effort into it, do your job, craft a compelling argument backed up by reason and evidence.

He probably wrote that article in about ten minutes, and the entire basis of it is that the Colts must be trying to loss if they are stupid enough to continue playing Painter. Do you realize that he just denigrated the ethics, morality, and intelligence of every single person associated with the organization? Do you think that the Colts players feel that way, or want to read that trash? It's absurd and baseless. And he wonders why the Colts don't treat him with the respect that he feels that he deserves? Are you freaking kidding me?

By the way, the Colts have been blown out in precisely three games this season, not "most of them", and they HAVE changed things to try and compliment Painter (and the injured/inexperienced offensive line). They are running the ball a little bit more than last year, and the VAST majority of the pass plays are designed to get the ball out of Painters hands in virtually fractions of a second. And last week they used a rare formation, and ran multiple plays out of it - including a reverse. The implication being that having gotten the Jags to think about the reverse from that formation, NOT running a reverse could be just as much of a surprise. And how about the many deft passes (perfect timing, perfect accuracy, dropping the ball in where only the receiver can touch it) that Painter HAS thrown. The issue is WHY has he regressed since the Saints game, and can anything be done to get his head swiveled back around. The answer isn't "he's horrible", "just do something", and put in a new QB even if "the dude sucks just as bad if not worse then Painter."

Kravitz provides no football basis for making a change at QB. This is all about Painter getting pulled, the media jumping on a non-story, and Kravitz being irritated that he didn't get what he wanted. He doesn't say word to explain how he thinks it is in the long term best interests of the club that Orlovsky starts, he's just lashing out. Not only doesn't that make any sense, but it makes for an opinion piece that is about as historically bad as the Colts season has been.

-----

By the way, I didn't -1 your post. I only do that if someone is being personally insulting, not just because they disagree with me.

Why? Why does the team really want to help Painter get better at this point. The answer is THEY DONT! The front office has given up on this season. That was know when Irsay was tweeting the fans about when they thought the first win would come. Thats pathetic. The front office knows this team is getting old and is in trouble. We know the Colts way, they are not going to pay high price free agents to come play here. So, what do they do? Thye HAVE to get the players through the draft. This is very calculated by the front office at this point. Once, Collins went down with injury, the fix was on. Anyone around Painter or that other bad QB, knew the season was over. They werent going to spend anymore money on another QB. I get it, Really I do. This makes complete since for the team to do. This will be the first draft in a long time where the Colts will have plenty of chances at snagging some key draft choices to rebuild this team. That gets me excited. The problem is that Kravitz is a journalist. He has to make a pay check, and this season there is only a few things to talk about. And that one thing isnt about how well the team is playing. He isnt going to go into a long, indepth, behind the scenes, this is your life story on Orlovsky. He really doesnt care. No one does you see. He is just writing to entertain now. Get people fired up. And he has done just that.

THE COLTS WILL WIN JUST ENOUGH games to NOT get Luck. That's just our luck. Examples: Steve Entman injury, Corneilus Bennett injury, Quinten Coryatt missing a sure interception during AFC Championship game, Ben Rothlisberger shoestring tackle in AFC Championship game, Most accurate kicker in NFL history misses field goal in AFC Championship game, Chargers having our number, What's his name from the Patriots acting like he's hurt during goal line insurgence, Edgerin James torn ACL, giving up Marshall Faulk and then he goes on to Super Bowl and incredible stardom, losing Chris Hinton to Atlanta, acquiring Jeff George, Dallas Clark injury (which killed us last year), Cornucopia of injuries last year which led to our defeat vs. Jets, Having Jim Caldwell call the time-out last year, having Jim Caldwell as our coach, Peyton Manning neck, and the list goes on....................................................

Posted · Hidden by Coltssouth, November 26, 2011 - Duplicate Post
Hidden by Coltssouth, November 26, 2011 - Duplicate Post

THE COLTS WILL WIN JUST ENOUGH games to NOT get Luck. That's just our luck. Examples: Steve Entman injury, Corneilus Bennett injury, Quinten Coryatt missing a sure interception during AFC Championship game, Ben Rothlisberger shoestring tackle in AFC Championship game, Most accurate kicker in NFL history misses field goal in AFC Championship game, Chargers having our number, What's his name from the Patriots acting like he's hurt during goal line insurgence, Edgerin James torn ACL, giving up Marshall Faulk and then he goes on to Super Bowl and incredible stardom, losing Chris Hinton to Atlanta, acquiring Jeff George, Dallas Clark injury (which killed us last year), Cornucopia of injuries last year which led to our defeat vs. Jets, Having Jim Caldwell call the time-out last year, having Jim Caldwell as our coach, Peyton Manning neck, and the list goes on....................................................

So you are saying we have a real shot next year then. :number1:

The NY Times, on the other hand, would likely FIRE someone FOR writing drivel such as this. But you wouldn't know it because it wouldn't have a chance of ever making the paper. Many other papers (Star Ledger, etc) would also have a default standard which is MUCH higher than this.

Just to get this straight, but the New York Times doesn't have a very high standard for articles.

OK, which 3 games will they win and which 2 win team will go 0-6?

There's a reason that they are bankrupt...

You know, I was tempted to provide you with an actual answer, but it seems pretty pointless. It's amusing to find someone going out of their way to make this argument on a football forum, but regardless of the topic, trolling is trolling - and I have better things to do with my time.

Go bother somebody else.

I agree, I hate to say this but there is a very real chance that Painter is the better of the two QBs. Just because Painter is stinking pretty bad it doesn't mean Orlovsky is good. Remember he was on the roster too when they went out and got Collins so clearly the Colts weren't comfortable with him then either.

and the Colt's should take the heat for that,how many years did we ask"why,why can't we have a decent backup QB in case of Manning getting injured"?I am not buying Polians excuses that they are impossible to find or they can't afford it,there are several teams with 2 competent QB's.Caleb Hanie came in and played allright for the Bears today,he already looks far superior to Curtis.

You know, I was tempted to provide you with an actual answer, but it seems pretty pointless. It's amusing to find someone going out of their way to make this argument on a football forum, but regardless of the topic, trolling is trolling - and I have better things to do with my time.

Go bother somebody else.

Whoa there, why are you getting so testy? They are bankrupt whether you like it or not. What they write is the reason for that and you can't argue that point to me no matter how you put it. I'm not the one who's bringing things outside of sports into this forum like what you implied with your comment.

Whoa there, why are you getting so testy? They are bankrupt whether you like it or not. What they write is the reason for that and you can't argue that point to me no matter how you put it. I'm not the one who's bringing things outside of sports into this forum like what you implied with your comment.

I'm testy because your comments regarding the NY Times are so grossly inaccurate and inappropriate that I found them offensive. They are so "out there" in fact that I guessed that the most logical explanation for your contributing them was to yank my chain. But even if that is not the case, I don't see that there is anything to be gained by debating it with you - particularly when it is so off topic that a moderator will step in if we tried.

and the Colt's should take the heat for that,how many years did we ask"why,why can't we have a decent backup QB in case of Manning getting injured"?I am not buying Polians excuses that they are impossible to find or they can't afford it,there are several teams with 2 competent QB's.Caleb Hanie came in and played allright for the Bears today,he already looks far superior to Curtis.

That's a fair question. With that said I am not sure a real back up would have made a big difference for the Colts because the guy still wasn't Peyton Manning and if anything has been shown to me this season it's that the team is built around him to the point it can't with stand not having him. You can argue they shouldn't have built a team like that but most are going to say hey it worked the past nine years and has worked 11 of the 14 he's been here so over all it's hard to argue it didn't work.

I do think it's a quesiton that is going to be put to bed once and for all this off-season though if Manning comes back I expect us to take Luck in the draft and keep both on our roster and if nothing else at least no one will be upset about the back up QB poistion anymore.

I'm testy because your comments regarding the NY Times are so grossly inaccurate and inappropriate that I found them offensive. They are so "out there" in fact that I guessed that the most logical explanation for your contributing them was to yank my chain. But even if that is not the case, I don't see that there is anything to be gained by debating it with you - particularly when it is so off topic that a moderator will step in if we tried.

Come on, how are they innaccurate? I don't read the New York Times, but I know they are losing money. The only way they lose money is if people don't buy there articles. If people don't buy there articles then they don't like reading what they have to offer. The New York Times is a business and I'm just pointing out that they aren't doing very well right now so they can't be the high standard for newspaper articles, can they?

Come on, how are they innaccurate? I don't read the New York Times, but I know they are losing money. The only way they lose money is if people don't buy there articles. If people don't buy there articles then they don't like reading what they have to offer. The New York Times is a business and I'm just pointing out that they aren't doing very well right now so they can't be the high standard for newspaper articles, can they?

Come on, how are they innaccurate? I don't read the New York Times, but I know they are losing money. The only way they lose money is if people don't buy there articles. If people don't buy there articles then they don't like reading what they have to offer. The New York Times is a business and I'm just pointing out that they aren't doing very well right now like you said they were.

That's not entirely true.

How many print newspapers actually turn a profit anymore? And I'm talking about the print division of news organizations, mind you.

Electronic and internet media is kicking their rasses.... and regardless of one's viewpoint on politics, and without getting into a political discussion here.... most people are opting for the internet or electronic equivalent of the information they seek that used to only exist during 3 or 4 evening newscasts and in their newspaper of choice.

Advertisers know it..... and poof.... there goes their circulation and profit dollars.

That's not entirely true.

How many print newspapers actually turn a profit anymore? And I'm talking about the print division of news organizations, mind you.

Electronic and internet media is kicking their rasses.... and regardless of one's viewpoint on politics, and without getting into a political discussion here.... most people are opting for the internet or electronic equivalent of the information they seek that used to only exist during 3 or 4 evening newscasts and in their newspaper of choice.

Advertisers know it..... and poof.... there goes their circulation and profit dollars.

I know I thought about that, but some people still like to read newspapers. Several newspaper companies have closed because of electronics and the internet. There are newspapers out there that still make a profit though, you just have to write stuff that people like to read. As a business, you can't expect to survive if your losing money. I haven't brought anything up about politics either so there's no reason for that to enter the conversation.

I hate to break it to Bob, but if Orlofsky was the starter, we'd still be 0-11 and everyone would be clamouring for Curtis Painter to start.

This is back up QB syndrome, no more, no less. Reality is that Orlofsky sucks just as badly as Painter does and changing one broken piece for another one isn't going to make a bit of difference.

I know I thought about that, but some people still like to read newspapers. There are newspapers out there that still make a profit, you just have to write stuff that people like to read. As a business, you can't expect to survive if your losing money. I haven't brought anything up about politics either so there's no reason for that to enter the conversation.

I know you didn't.... I just wasn't entirely sure about where you were going as far the NY Times' content, because I can't see how much their sports section has to do with their financial trouble. Now....their editorial bent is often the topic of discussion and target of wrath among political pundits, and is often blamed for those troubles.

But I still think its alot more choices that readers now have that is seriously hurting the print news business. There is serious overhead involved on that business and I'm not sure there's a way back to sustained profitability for them.

I know you didn't.... I just wasn't entirely sure about where you were going as far the NY Times' content, because I can't see how much their sports section has to do with their financial trouble. Now....their editorial bent is often the topic of discussion and target of wrath among political pundits, and is often blamed for those troubles.

But I still think its alot more choices that readers now have that is seriously hurting the print news business. There is serious overhead involved on that business and I'm not sure there's a way back to sustained profitability for them.

Agreed, Pacolts56. Has anyone actually read the NY Times sports section lately before they commented on the value of their print journalism? The NY Times is losing money and like a lot of other print newspapers, they have redesigned themselves. Their print sports section is very small, usually just a few pages. I see them as no worse than other papers - IMO the worst rag in the USA is the NY Post.

You are right of course, aside from the highlighted portion.

I've lived in the NY market my entire life. PERHAPS the Daily News or the NY Post would tolerate an article like this - they both feature some "down to earth" writers who often mimic the general public's basest emotions. But accusing your team of cheating on the basis of your rude personal opinion of their backup quarterback would be severely over the top even by their standards. The NY Times, on the other hand, would likely FIRE someone FOR writing drivel such as this. But you wouldn't know it because it wouldn't have a chance of ever making the paper. Many other papers (Star Ledger, etc) would also have a default standard which is MUCH higher than this.

The News/Post are commonly referred to as sensationalist tabloids, and that's being kind. The Post is owned by Rupert Murdoch for Gods sake. They compete with each other in aiming low, and most people who enjoy them (I've gotten them for their sports opinions and information many many times) consider them a vice the equivalent having too much sugar in your diet. It's easy going down, but has no substance or long-term benefit what-so-ever.

Is that what you want from the only sports opinion columnist in the region? He just isn't very good, and he enjoy's his little fiefdom way too much.

What a load? The loony lefties, at the paper that prints all the news that's fit to line the birdcage, just make up their stories, e.g., Jason Blair. Lupica is a dunderhead.

What a load? The loony lefties, at the paper that prints all the news that's fit to line the birdcage, just make up their stories, e.g., Jason Blair. Lupica is a dunderhead.

Wow, OK. You must be referring to a "load of accurate and compelling information", which is what the Times provides.

First of all, the editorial page has nothing to do with the quality of the content of a paper. The Wall Street Journal op ed page makes my toenails curl and my blood pressure soar, but that doesn't change the fact that it is a fine newspaper producing fascinating information on a consistent basis. Similarly the NYT has been this countries "newspaper of record" for more than 100 years. It's standards are impeccable, and the depth and breadth of it's coverage lead the world. Jason Blair was a bad seed, who was fired the millisecond he was uncovered. It is hardly reflective of company policy, as it is - for example - at every single web only news compiler (Huffington Post for example) who rely entirely on real news agencies for their information - just changing a few words here and there. Your ignorance of the topic is spell binding.

And by the way, Mike Lupica works for the Daily News, so I'm not clear on why you mentioned him, unless you (no surprise), have the misconception that he works for the Times. He's far better than Kravitz, but has a similar tone and intent (humor before fact or reason). He's not exactly Times material either. My guess is that you have never actually read the Times, and that your opinion is entirely formed by what you heard someone say on the radio. Perhaps you should put a bit more effort into it, try to learn a thing or two, and try to form you own reasonable opinion. Ironically that's exactly what quality newspapers are all about.

Ramblin wreck is a misinformed contrarian who argues because it gets him off. I put him on ignore and its beautiful. I suggest you all do the same.

I'm not clear on how "ignore" works. If you have him on ignore, how did you know that he was posting annoying things here - just by seeing the responses to him I assume?

So what's the point of him puting me on ignore, or whatever that is, if he's going to comment anyway?

Kinda what I was getting at - and related to why I've yet to use the feature despite having disagreements with several users on here. If somebody is talking to me or about me I'd prefer to know about it - even if I don't agree with what they have to say.

Kinda what I was getting at - and related to why I've yet to use the feature despite having disagreements with several users on here. If somebody is talking to me or about me I'd prefer to know about it - even if I don't agree with what they have to say.

For the most part I agree with a lot of what I've seen you post on other parts of the forum. I could be wrong about the New York Times Sports Section and it having a high standard of writing. I don't read newspapers for the most part so I used their bankruptcy as a reason for their writing not being of very high quality. It's nothing personal, it just seemed like a logical reason for them not being the top when it comes to newspapers anymore.