Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Seriously Guys?

lennymoore24

It's real simple. Way too much panic. This is the first time the Colts have lost 2 in a row since Luck came here. Every team and QB is going to make some mistakes. If they didn't they would never lose a game. We did lose to a pretty good team that wore the defense out period. With all this negativity being talked about the running game has been overlooked. Both RBs ran very well. I don't see any lets kill TRich post. So there is something good even out of a loss.

Most of the fans on this board are spoiled, and it is embarrassing.

The simple truth is that much of the Colts fan base does not have any class. 

When I first saw this schedule, I said to myself, we could go 0-2, and still be a top 5 team. This is the reality of the NFL. There are things the Colts need to improve on, and they either will or they won't.

I understand there is an emotional attachment that ebbs and flows with wins and losses, but for God sake people. Get yourself under control.

People want Rogers head after he punts a ball in a preseason game, and yet condone their own actions when they lose control on a message board, because the Colts lost.

I don't think I could have said it any better than that. I know fans get frustrated but all the over reaction does no good. The Colts are not a perfect team and are still building. I can think of no team that has won a super bowl that was built is 2 seasons with the exception of the Cowboys under Jimmy Johnson. The blockbuster trade made that happen. So chill out.

The Colts had no reason to lose this game, but they did and this is mainly way:

1) Play calling at the end of the game. I HATED running Trent twice then the incomplete pass on our last offensive possession. Are you serious? We were acting like we had the lead and we were trying to run out the clock. Terrible.

2) Officiating. One of the worst officiated games I can remember. Phantom PI call on Vontae Davis to set the Eagles to the 1 yard line. NO CALL ON TY HILTON BEING MUGGED ON THAT INTERCEPTION. Phantom horse collar on Landry. All important plays, screwed up by the officiating crew. Disgusting.

3) Absolutely no pressure on Nick Foles at all. Zero, zilch, nada.

4) Darren freaking Sporles.

With that being said, it's not the end of the world. We could very easily be 2-0 right now instead of 0-2. Now if we lose next week... it might actually be the end of the world.

This is a pretty serious matter!!!! After watching the first two games, it made NO difference who we were playing, we look like crap. Our O-Line is horrible and our D-line looks like a bunch of overweight 57 year olds. Each and every player on the D-line is too slow and it literally looks like they play for 1 sec and then give up on the play. We have Reggie, T.Y., Nicks, Moncrief, Fleener, and Allen!!!! Why are we throwing 5 yard passes. 

No one is saying to fire anyone yet, but if the play calling doesn't reflect the fact that our quarterback is ANDREW LUCK, then Pep should be out of a job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He makes ANDREW LUCK look like a game manager. GAME MANAGER???????????????

And now Samson Satele looks like a diamond in the rough.  Could it be .... coaching?

It wasn't so much the play calling. It was the personal to use for the plays. If your throwing screens, why weren't they for Hakeem Nicks. He can fight contact at the line of scrimmage. And run heavy you need Moncrief. He has speed for changing the play.

They only catch by Nicks was a screen, and he was tackled immediately for a loss of 4 yards.

Didn't like the play calling to start. Didn't like the play calling when we could of went up 10. We were already in field goal range and could of just ran it down there. Instead we throw. Didn't like it to end the game. Luck is bein hand cuffed. No rhythm, our defense d their best.

No one on this forum predicted a perfect season in 2014. No one is happy about last night. Philly repeated what they did to Buffalo which just might kick some big gtime butts this year. There are a number of things they need to improve on but you can say that about every single team in the league.

So let me understand this.  We lost to probably the best two teams we will play during the regular season.  The game tonight we had won and would have been up by at least 10 if not 14 when the unfortunate interception happened.  It would have been a very good win.

But now Grigson, Pagano, and the entire coaching staff should go? We are fighting for a top pick in the draft?  Luck is overrated?  We have no talent on our team ( even though we almost tied the perceived best team in the AFC).

Are some of you actually Colts fans?  Football fans?  You do know the Colts are the team with the horseshoes, right?  They aren't the Silver and Black team?  Get real!

The Colts will now knock off a bunch of wins and you can go back to breathing again.

How did the Colts losing these two games surprise anyone???  Those are two very good teams.  You can't turn the ball over twice and win.

Yes, you point of about the overreaction emotions well.  But I would point out  it is their venting that they  now realize we are not presently even close to be a Super Bowl contending team.  They will calm down, the conversations will become reasonable again.  and for those that don't, they will stick out like a sore thumb. 

Now I'd like to bring up a point to ponder.  It's not that_we_got_beat, it is how_we_got_beat.   If you are physically over-matched, then you tip your cap and say good game.  But if you lose mentally, then you beat yourself.  We did the latter.  Eagles didn't win, we lost lost.  And I hear that a lot, but rarely agree with it .  This time, I do. We lost it.

1.  Why throw to TY in the Red Zone with time winding down and you have a chance to get a two score lead- run the ball!  run the clock!  If you do not get the 1st, let Adam (money) Vinatieri earn his paycheck!  We throw a pick.

2. Our coaches obsession at building a power running offense is a even a 2 minute drill!  Less than 3 1/2 minutes to go and we run the ball!  We are eating up our own clock, and not getting yards?  We run TRich both first and second down. Wow!  And the Eagles weren't using their timeouts, if that was the goal.  It had become evident the Eagles made the changes necessary to stop the unbalanced line, run to the weak side play after halftime, so I don't know the thought process.

if it is 3rd and long, team will blitz us up the gut to force an early throw, and press every receiver within the first 5 yards, the ball will have to come out fast and the receiver has no separation.  Even Reggie Wayne. Recipe for an incompletion.  Exactly what transpired.

Mental errors.  Now was it all on Luck?  (he changed the call into those plays?) or was it on Pep?  Or did they split the blunders?  We successfully snatched defeat from the jaws of victory by poor decisions, followed by poor execution of those decisions. The worst kind of way to lose.

guisesrsly.jpg

Wait a minute, so as a diehard fan of the Colts, I can't complain about the ridiculous play calling by Pep Hamilton? 

I beg your pardon, but yes I can. 

Philly figured out the run after the first half, and he kept it going like we had a 21 point lead. Pep needs to learn two words: PLAY ACTION. 

How many screens and or slants did we throw to slow down their pass rush? 

I don't believe there were any designed runs for Luck, he was only running when the pocket broke down. 

Where was Nicks all night? Heck, even Doyle got in on the action. 

TY Hilton as a FB is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. Even if it was for misdirection, it fooled zero people. 

Why didn't we throw to the RB's out of the backfield more!?? 

How many deep passes did we throw? Two? Three? 

What does Chud do, and is anyone asking for his advice? 

Also, the refs must have been paid handsomely by the Eagles. 

1. The phantom horse collar tackle that never happened.

2. Riley Cooper pushing Vontae the entire time on the PI call in the end zone. 

3. Eagles defender pushing TY to the ground, resulting in INT. 

guisesrsly.jpg

Wait a minute, so as a diehard fan of the Colts, I can't complain about the ridiculous play calling by Pep Hamilton? 

I beg your pardon, but yes I can. 

Philly figured out the run after the first half, and he kept it going like we had a 21 point lead. Pep needs to learn two words: PLAY ACTION. 

How many screens and or slants did we throw to slow down their pass rush? 

I don't believe there were any designed runs for Luck, he was only running when the pocket broke down. 

Where was Nicks all night? Heck, even Doyle got in on the action. 

TY Hilton as a FB is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. Even if it was for misdirection, it fooled zero people. 

Why didn't we throw to the RB's out of the backfield more!?? 

How many deep passes did we throw? Two? Three? 

What does Chud do, and is anyone asking for his advice? 

Also, the refs must have been paid handsomely by the Eagles. 

1. The phantom horse collar tackle that never happened.

2. Riley Cooper pushing Vontae the entire time on the PI call in the end zone. 

3. Eagles defender pushing TY to the ground, resulting in INT. 

This is what was apparent - Everyone watching the game knew the eagles were going to blitz up the middle the majority of the time. So...why didn't we adjust? Screens, slants, throw it to the running back out of the backfield...where was this? I didn't notice it the entire game besides the one early screen to Hilton. Lolly hit on this completely. This was on Pep.

This is a pretty serious matter!!!! After watching the first two games, it made NO difference who we were playing, we look like crap. Our O-Line is horrible and our D-line looks like a bunch of overweight 57 year olds. Each and every player on the D-line is too slow and it literally looks like they play for 1 sec and then give up on the play. We have Reggie, T.Y., Nicks, Moncrief, Fleener, and Allen!!!! Why are we throwing 5 yard passes. 

No one is saying to fire anyone yet, but if the play calling doesn't reflect the fact that our quarterback is ANDREW LUCK, then Pep should be out of a job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He makes ANDREW LUCK look like a game manager. GAME MANAGER???????????????

If the Colts O-line is horrible would that not be the reason for shorter passes?

This is what was apparent - Everyone watching the game knew the eagles were going to blitz up the middle the majority of the time. So...why didn't we adjust? Screens, slants, throw it to the running back out of the backfield...where was this? I didn't notice it the entire game besides the one early screen to Hilton. Lolly hit on this completely. This was on Pep.

Really?  You didn't notice that the RBs had 6 catches, at least three slants to Hilton and the failed screen to Hicks?  So roughly one third of the passes were what you described but you didn't notice it?

Really?  You didn't notice that the RBs had 6 catches, at least three slants to Hilton and the failed screen to Hicks?  So roughly one third of the passes were what you described but you didn't notice it?

I agree that the running backs saw some of the action in the passing game, however it seemed liked there wasn't a consistent, quick option for Luck on the blitzs. Luck has been known to hold onto the ball too long so it could be that while the options were there, he was trying to wait for something to develop.

I need to re-watch, maybe I'll see more slants and the like the second time. But I didn't notice a consistent effort last night.

The refs gave Philly that game the blantant no call on the illegal contact against hilton and the nonsense Horse collar call on Landry were huge that game was ours and they robbed us. 

Let's see. Luck made a stupid pass to Hilton that got picked off when he should have been save and taken the three points but that is on the refs? We were not robbed, we just made absurd mistakes at crunch time and they cleaned our clocks.

No one on this forum predicted a perfect season in 2014. No one is happy about last night. Philly repeated what they did to Buffalo which just might kick some big gtime butts this year. There are a number of things they need to improve on but you can say that about every single team in the league.

Oh, yes, they did. There were several predictions of perfect seasons and even more for 14-2.

Let's see. Luck made a stupid pass to Hilton that got picked off when he should have been save and taken the three points but that is on the refs? We were not robbed, we just made absurd mistakes at crunch time and they cleaned our clocks.

Are you serious? did you watch the game? Lucks pass would have been on the money had Hilton had not been pushed down. Either Hilton catches it for a 1st down, or he gets hit drops it and its an incompletion either way its not an interception. 

I know you're probably frustrated but the pass was for TY. TY was pushed down as the ball was going to him, then intercepted. Any other game I watch you can't push over the receiver. :scratch:  Ref's did not see it or did not want to call it.

Are you serious? did you watch the game? Lucks pass would have been on the money had Hilton had not been pushed down. Either Hilton catches it for a 1st down, or he gets hit drops it and its an incompletion either way its not an interception. 

Any time you pass in that situation, there is a possibility of interception. It was a very stupid play and I did watch the game. When I saw him going to pass it, I yelled "Noooooooo".

So let me understand this.  We lost to probably the best two teams we will play during the regular season.  The game tonight we had won and would have been up by at least 10 if not 14 when the unfortunate interception happened.  It would have been a very good win.

But now Grigson, Pagano, and the entire coaching staff should go? We are fighting for a top pick in the draft?  Luck is overrated?  We have no talent on our team ( even though we almost tied the perceived best team in the AFC).

Are some of you actually Colts fans?  Football fans?  You do know the Colts are the team with the horseshoes, right?  They aren't the Silver and Black team?  Get real!

The Colts will now knock off a bunch of wins and you can go back to breathing again.

How did the Colts losing these two games surprise anyone???  Those are two very good teams.  You can't turn the ball over twice and win.

It's pretty ridiculous, so much so that I wonder if some posters are trolling.

Well I noticed a ton of dump off passes, screens, but I dint see many slants though.

The Colts had no reason to lose this game, but they did and this is mainly way:

1) Play calling at the end of the game. I HATED running Trent twice then the incomplete pass on our last offensive possession. Are you serious? We were acting like we had the lead and we were trying to run out the clock. Terrible.

2) Officiating. One of the worst officiated games I can remember. Phantom PI call on Vontae Davis to set the Eagles to the 1 yard line. NO CALL ON TY HILTON BEING MUGGED ON THAT INTERCEPTION. Phantom horse collar on Landry. All important plays, screwed up by the officiating crew. Disgusting.

3) Absolutely no pressure on Nick Foles at all. Zero, zilch, nada.

4) Darren freaking Sporles.

With that being said, it's not the end of the world. We could very easily be 2-0 right now instead of 0-2. Now if we lose next week... it might actually be the end of the world.

This seems pretty accurate to me.

I think the idea may have been to let the defense get a breather when they ran it twice at the end of the game. Of course, If they end up running for another decent gain on the second one, no one cares because its a first down and they keep moving. But since it didn't work, everyone is up in arms. Not defending it, just saying I think I understand the reasoning even if it was in correct.

I would LUV to have Norv as this team's OC...         Pep is stuck in college running all this student body right and blah, blah, blah... 

It is not going to win BIG LONG TERM.       Luck has got to be the focal point of this team IMO.     Utilize this talents...   roll him out, waggle, boot,   ... get him moving.  

And Shipley was HORRIBLE Monday night.         The interior line and pass rush are really glaring areas of weakness.

Jax next week will not be an easy get...  

food for thought...      Trent to Colts for a #1 pick...     D Sproles to Eagles for a #5..    Just wow...  

I think most people want Pep Hamilton gone, as do I. Not many are wanting Pagano and Grigson gone yet. Hamilton has been very predictable with his playcalling, especially in the ground game, dating back to when he started as OC. I think the offense would produce better results under Chudzinski.