Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eagles' "Bad Luck" Video

IAColtsFan

Just thought I'd share this video that I saw when entering the Eagles site to check if Cody Parkey was still the kicker (for some reason they haven't updated his projections in my fantasy football league).

Anyways...  Eagles' "Bad Luck" Video

Not really sure what to think of it...  Your thoughts?

You may have found it on the Eagles site,  but the Eagles didn't put this out.     It looks like it was done by the people who run the Eagles page on SB Nation.

As to the video,  I thought it was pretty clever stuff....  

From a Colts perspective,   no big deal.     No harm intended,  no harm taken.

Our website has animators who make an official video for each game, they've been doing it for like 7 years. Most are corny, but some are genuinely good.

I still remember one they did for Manning when he was on the Colts. It came out after the Eagles/Colts game where Austin Collie got that really bad concussion and was carted off the field.

You may have found it on the Eagles site,  but the Eagles didn't put this out.     It looks like it was done by the people who run the Eagles page on SB Nation.

As to the video,  I thought it was pretty clever stuff....  

From a Colts perspective,   no big deal.     No harm intended,  no harm taken.

Aerolithe_Lion summed it up in a later post. 

I saw it on the Eagles website as the splash screen.  I just used SBNation as they were the only one that had the video without a 30-second commercial to deter people from watching (outside of the Eagles site, which I wasn't sure how long they would leave it up for).

Posted · Hidden by Superman, September 13, 2014 - off topic conversation
Hidden by Superman, September 13, 2014 - off topic conversation

its a face of a mule and a beard of a hacivic. how was I suppose to word it

I'm sorry you don't know the answer to your own question.

I'm sorry you think the beard on a cartoon character could ONLY be described in one way.    It wasn't possible in your view to be seen as anything or anyone else?       Seriously?

I'm sorry an alarm bell didn't go off in your head when you wrote what you wrote.    "Could I offend someone?"   

That didn't occur to you?      Seriously?

You're on a public message board.    Is that really hard to understand?

I'm sorry you don't know the answer to your own question.

I'm sorry you think the beard on a cartoon character could ONLY be described in one way.    It wasn't possible in your view to be seen as anything or anyone else?       Seriously?

I'm sorry an alarm bell didn't go off in your head when you wrote what you wrote.    "Could I offend someone?"   

That didn't occur to you?      Seriously?

You're on a public message board.    Is that really hard to understand?

a beard is being racist?

a beard is being racist?

Of course it's not.

What makes it racist -- or certainly culturally insensitive -- is that you described the beard as belonging to a Hasidic Jew.

There are all sorts of people who where beards that might look different to you.    Hasidic Jews are just one group.

But that's the group you pointed to.   

You have to be careful about what you write on a public message boards.    Sensitivities are at an all-time high.

Today,  Atlanta Hawks GM Danny Ferry took a leave of absence (he'll likely not get his job back)  because he was caught reading a report from a scout,  and the scouts report of NBA player Luol Deng described him as having a little "African" in his game.

Those weren't Ferry's words,  but he was reading a report out-loud and someone taped it and he's busted and now he'll likely lose his job.       Right or wrong,  for better or worse,  these are hyper-sensitive times.....

What you may have meant as a casual comment meaning no disrespect has bothered and annoyed people.   You just never know these days what's going to set someone off,  so I'm recommending in the most respectful way that people be careful about what you post here.

Try and pick your words carefully.      The wrong choice can get you into a lot of hot water........

That's the world we live in right now....

Of course it's not.

What makes it racist -- or certainly culturally insensitive -- is that you described the beard as belonging to a Hasidic Jew.

There are all sorts of people who where beards that might look different to you.    Hasidic Jews are just one group.

But that's the group you pointed to.   

You have to be careful about what you write on a public message boards.    Sensitivities are at an all-time high.

Today,  Atlanta Hawks GM Danny Ferry took a leave of absence (he'll likely not get his job back)  because he was caught reading a report from a scout,  and the scouts report of NBA player Luol Deng described him as having a little "African" in his game.

Those weren't Ferry's words,  but he was reading a report out-loud and someone taped it and he's busted and now he'll likely lose his job.       Right or wrong,  for better or worse,  these are hyper-sensitive times.....

What you may have meant as a casual comment meaning no disrespect has bothered and annoyed people.   You just never know these days what's going to set someone off,  so I'm recommending in the most respectful way that people be careful about what you post here.

Try and pick your words carefully.      The wrong choice can get you into a lot of hot water........

That's the world we live in right now....

people need to stop taking everything so serious. I said hisidic jew because luck is white and the beard is bushy. its a joke. calm down

people need to stop taking everything so serious. I said hisidic jew because luck is white and the beard is bushy. its a joke. calm down

I was simply explaining why your post was such a gaffe.

And when you make a post that's a gaffe,  the last thing you want to do is to try and claim you were making a joke (when you weren't)  and then tell other people to calm down.

Because if that was a joke....   it only makes your post even worse.

I'm completely calm.   Whether you get banned by moderators or not is of no concern to me.    I'm simply trying to explain something to you that you yourself said you didn't understand.

You need to learn how to take advice when you screw up........    and you screwed up.

And when you make a post that's a gaffe,  the last thing you want to do is to try and claim you were making a joke (when you weren't)  and then tell other people to calm down.

I'm completely calm.   Whether you get banned by moderators or not is of no concern to me.    I'm simply trying to explain something to you that you yourself said you didn't understand.

You need to learn how to take advice when you screw up........    and you screwed up.

if youre jewish i apologize now drop it

You dont have to be such a Jew about it.

I like a good comic hazing when it is clever & funny, but that cartoon spoof is neither to me. #1: A horseshoe universally symbolizes good luck not injury or misfortune & #2 why would INDY's own logo neutralize Luck? It makes no sense at all. 

The throw back design graphics were cool in a time machine sort of way, but the storyline itself needed a huge overhaul & rewrite IMHO. Really lame. 

You dont have to be such a Jew about it.

Perfect.

You're such a * that you actually made Coltsrule91 look like an intellectual.

His post was offensive.    But he's simply ignorant.

You knew what you were doing,  and still went to where you shouldn't.     Offensive doesn't begin to cover it.

I'll let the moderators take care of you......    

If you were going make fun of Luck, just makes jokes about the Colts lethargic speed next to Chip Kelly soaring endurance & velocity capabilities that will leave INDY in a cloud of dust. 

Get Sammy Hagar's permission to use the song "Where Eagles Fly" in a you tube video or skit documenting rapid running plays & TDs vs. an old decrepit colt who can't keep up. 

http://youtu.be/iuGboEKUOF8?list=RDiuGboEKUOF8

Yes, I realize that obtaining copyright is near impossible to get from the original artist BTW, but it would look spectacular for the finished product in the end. 

Both NCF & CR91 are well respected friends of mine & I have no desire to get in the middle of this dilemma other than to say that SW1 loves Luck's facial hair.

Can't we just bask in the greatness of Chewbacca & call it a day? You guys are both awesome & I wanna buy a FEAR THE BEARD Colts t-shirt.  :thmup:

It would be hilarious if Luck & the real Chewbacca did a side by side photo together on a t-shirt but, George Lucas & Walt Disney would say no & not see the comic beauty in it. Sigh...

That was awesome, you guys should totally do something with QB Eagles from the old Tecmo games.

Good idea Bogie pay homage to some older gaming systems using a Philly backdrop. I'd really enjoy that. I grew up on Atari which shows you how old I am. LOL! 

It would be sweet to see INDY with an Atari inspired graphic design back drop. True old school. Heck, even throw Johnny Unitas in there too.