Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Could Denver Be Our Trading Partner?

GoGoColts

I wonder if we might try to deal luck to Denver? They just released Orton. They have been very frank about Tebow not being the future, and Brady Quin is no good at all.

Elway has Stanford ties so I am sure that he has Scouted Luck thoroughly. Denver meats the characteristics that a trading partner should have. They will have a top ten pick. They don't have a lot of team needs other than QB so that they can trade draft picks.

I wonder if we might try to deal luck to Denver? They just released Orton. They have been very frank about Tebow not being the future, and Brady Quin is no good at all.

Elway has Stanford ties so I am sure that he has Scouted Luck thoroughly. Denver meats the characteristics that a trading partner should have. They will have a top ten pick. They don't have a lot of team needs other than QB so that they can trade draft picks.

could be; but if the colts decide to trade the 1 overall pick it shouldn't "just" be a top 10 pick put rather a guaranteed top 5 pick

Yes elway hates tebow. Not as a person but as a football plauer he certainly does. Every win tebow gets causes the broncos to move up the draft board further away from a top 3 qb. Elway said today he still doesnt have a qb on his team...that includes tebow (and orton as we all obviously know today). Elway wants a really accurate pocket passer.

Yes elway hates tebow. Not as a person but as a football plauer he certainly does. Every win tebow gets causes the broncos to move up the draft board further away from a top 3 qb. Elway said today he still doesnt have a qb on his team...that includes tebow (and orton as we all obviously know today). Elway wants a really accurate pocket passer.

haha, I think Tebow is a good QB. Not conventional, but still a winner. Even with that he is better than Elway, in all categories. Seems to me Elway wants to stay the hero in Denver. All Tebow needs is a chance. He got a chance and what does he do, win. That is the bottom line. I think denver should give him a chance and develop. Right now he is doing fine. If the kid learns how to become more of a passing QB than he is going to be huge.

haha, I think Tebow is a good QB. Not conventional, but still a winner. Even with that he is better than Elway, in all categories. Seems to me Elway wants to stay the hero in Denver. All Tebow needs is a chance. He got a chance and what does he do, win. That is the bottom line. I think denver should give him a chance and develop. Right now he is doing fine. If the kid learns how to become more of a passing QB than he is going to be huge.

i completely agree with you stryker. I like what tebow has done so far and personally i root for him. I just dont know how long tebow will be in denver with elway making the decisions.

Did you just write Tebow is better than Elway? Or better than Elway was? Come on man! I like Tebow as a football player(not QB) but he's not the type of guy to build a team around. He runs a 1 dimensional offense than will eventually be figured out or perhaps just hasn't faced a good offense yet. He needs to be a RB, I mean he already is, he needs a real QB with him.

Did you just write Tebow is better than Elway? Or better than Elway was? Come on man! I like Tebow as a football player(not QB) but he's not the type of guy to build a team around. He runs a 1 dimensional offense than will eventually be figured out or perhaps just hasn't faced a good offense yet. He needs to be a RB, I mean he already is, he needs a real QB with him.

In his first 8 starts or whatever Tebow has started.

p1010162y.jpg

Top ten isn't high enough. Miami would have been the perfect trade partner if they didn't start winning. Now they might decide to keep the current qb who has been playing well and fill other needs.

This is all bla bla bla until we know if Peyton is healthy.

There is no way Miami is satisfied with Matt Moore being their QB moving forward.

Tebow will probably not be better than Elway, but Tebow is the exact type of guy you want to build a franchise around.

I don't really care what their needs are but the more they win, the more picks the Colts should demand. Colts should try to make a deal with the second worst record so they can get the #2 overall along with the other ransom picks.

I agree but the more QBs move into the top 30 projections, the less likely we might be to be able to strike a deal with another top 5 team. RG3 has moved up to #8 overall and now EJ Manual has moved up. Landry Jones has moved down somewhat but is still in the top 25. there are 6 Qbs in the top 35 on cbssports.com so it may take finding a team in the early teens to trade with. I'd prefer to trade down to a team closer to the top but at the same time, I expect several QBs, Wrs and OTs to be taken early so that will push a lot of players down. We could still get an impact OG or defensive player in the early to middle teens plus the further we move down, the more picks we would likely acquire.

so in all, I'd prefer to trade down and still remain with as high a pick as possible, but I wouldn't be opposed to trading into the teens if thats where the best deal lies. It all also hinges on Peyton's health, whether or not the Colts decide we must draft a QB this year or not and if so which QB they decide to target.

On a side note...I wonder if the Bears make a move to try to get Orton with the recent thumb injury to Cutler.

Maybe... but I dont think the Colts will trade the pick at all. If they do, it could be to Miami or teams with bad QBs. So the Broncs, Cards, Fins, Viks, and Redskins are all in the mix. The Broncos however, dont have too many appealing players that are worth trading. Champ Bailey and Dawkins are old, and I dont think they'll trade Von Miller, so I think the best player they'll offer is probably Dumervil or Ayers. I'd say if we trade, they're the 2nd or 3rd team we trade to.

Brady Quinn and Tm Tebow are poor.

you could be right...

The question is: Should the Colts sign Orton..

They need more then one QB

There are many excellent QB prospects to choose from.... we are not the so called experts. Andrew Luck is not the guaranteed best QB - only time will tell. Whose to say that Barkley doesn't become a better pro?

Personally I like Robert Griffith III better than Luck - but once again, I'm not an expert.

Trading the #1 pick for a ransom of 2 1st rounders and possibly a 2nd or 3rd on top and still come away with a top QB prospect to groom under Peyton sounds like a better option than drafting Andrew Luck. This team has needs....

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

The best move Polian ever made was to take Manning. You think he's going to pass on Luck and a chance to make himself look like a genius again when his popularity has been falling? I think Bill's ego says no way. Count on Luck.

Excellent point. Once again though, people think we're the New England Patriots and that we're going to trade down. It's not going to happen. We're sticking with the 1st overall pick, and that will be Andrew Luck.

Tebow will probably not be better than Elway, but Tebow is the exact type of guy you want to build a franchise around.

Build a franchise around Tebow? Are you serious? He will not survive long term. Teams will figure him out just like they did with the wildcat offense. He is a winner but his sheer will to win will not be enough in the NFL. His own coach doesn't even believe he is a long term answer. His throwing motion is horrible. It looks like he's winding up to throw out a first pitch at a baseball game.

Trading the #1 pick for a ransom of 2 1st rounders and possibly a 2nd or 3rd on top and still come away with a top QB prospect to groom under Peyton sounds like a better option than drafting Andrew Luck. This team has needs....

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

I agree with this but doubt it will happen.

SF might be willing to pay a high price for AL. Their draft pick won't be high but they do have defensive players. Maybe we could work out a multi-team package that would include picks and defensive players for AL. Then, if we were dead wrong about AL we'd only have to face him once every four years.

Top ten isn't high enough. Miami would have been the perfect trade partner if they didn't start winning. Now they might decide to keep the current qb who has been playing well and fill other needs.

Oh my. Under no circumstance will the Dolphins decide Moore is their QB of the future.

Miami still has the 3rd worst record in football, and they have a tough remaining schedule. Miami, or perhaps Washington, would be ideal candidates.

I don't really care what their needs are but the more they win, the more picks the Colts should demand. Colts should try to make a deal with the second worst record so they can get the #2 overall along with the other ransom picks.

Agreed.

The scenario you paint makes sense..

If they give us their NO.1 and No. 2......and Brady Quinn....(they clearly dont want him) I'd deal with Denver

that would give us a backup QB....who could develop behind Manning ..and 3 of the first 35-40 picks.

You could be right....

I honestly think it would be foolish not to pull the trigger on Luck, but what the heck do I know?

It looks like he's coming out, better get used to it.

sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-cole_direct_snap__andrew_luck_nfl_draft_112211

Professionally, it would be utterly foolish for Luck to NOT come out. He has nowhere to go but down, if he stays in college for another year. Even under the new CBA, 1st overall money is still a lottery win fall win. No way he risks losing out on that with another year in college.

Plus, is he not already buddy buddy with Manning? Perfect situation for him to come into ... big money, little initial pressure (Assuming Manning returns), opportunity to learn from the greatest ever. If I'm luck, I'm salivating at the thought of becoming a Colt.

Professionally, it would be utterly foolish for Luck to NOT come out. He has nowhere to go but down, if he stays in college for another year. Even under the new CBA, 1st overall money is still a lottery win fall win. No way he risks losing out on that with another year in college.

Plus, is he not already buddy buddy with Manning? Perfect situation for him to come into ... big money, little initial pressure (Assuming Manning returns), opportunity to learn from the greatest ever. If I'm luck, I'm salivating at the thought of becoming a Colt.

I guess i dont see it.....Andrew does not look capable of playing (and winning) next year...