Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie Wayne on Peyton Manning: 'He's my brother. He's the enemy.'

Shane Bond

I am a Colts fan first and foremost but I think management has done a terrible job of putting players around Luck to protect him and I take them to the task about that often. They like to sign WRs, TEs and just about everything but world class linemen around a world class QB. I moved to Denver so I became a Denver fan especially when they signed Peyton. It is really that simple.

I am no where near being a GM, but I think Grigs had done a good job with this team!! you need to remember what he has done with what he was given,sure he has missed on a few(pick/trades) but has also hit a few homeruns, there isn't anyone who can build an elite team any better or faster....keep in mind we are in year 3.

He was a better player when that brother was a friend.

Reggie did say he feels better better then he has ever felt before so he may prove that statement wrong...

All you really lose as a WR when you age is your speed but that can make up with running good routes..

We know that Peyton makes receivers look better than they really are. That may also be the case with Luck, but it's still early. Wayne was a 1 , but now a 2 at this stage of his career. That being said , he is still very good like Steve Smith. He is just one of a group of NFL receivers that are quite vocal.

Normally he may have had a point, but it was Ray's last play on his home field, in front of home town fans. You guys know how Harbaugh is, and you know he respects the Colts. Wayne took it the wrong way. You didn't hear any Ravens complaining when the Colts beat the Ravens in 2006 and 2009. Complaining about Ray in that moment is like complaining about Cal Ripken circling the field slapping hands after breaking 2131. It wasn't meant as rubbing it in to the other team, just a final celebration for the Baltimore fans. There was no disrespect meant to the Colts. Wayne had it wrong.

I actually agree with this.  It would have happened in that situation regardless of who the Ravens were playing.

Everything Reggie said in regards to Peyton is true for this week. He is a brother and an enemy.

If the Colts want to win this game they will need to be very physical...both with Denver's receivers and with Peyton himself. Peyton must go down...and he must go down hard this week.

Yeah, on one hand you want to blitz the crap out of him. But then we know he could kill us if they pick it up. Selfishly I wish he would if retired last year. Don't even want him to be remembered as a bronco.

Yeah, on one hand you want to blitz the crap out of him. But then we know he could kill us if they pick it up. Selfishly I wish he would if retired last year. Don't even want him to be remembered as a bronco.

I disagree !!! I say Blitz the hell out of him !!! of course we have to be sneaky and disguise those blitz's or he will pick us apart .(which will be hard to do) if the D-line gets some pressure we will win !!

Everything Reggie said in regards to Peyton is true for this week. He is a brother and an enemy.

If the Colts want to win this game they will need to be very physical...both with Denver's receivers and with Peyton himself. Peyton must go down...and he must go down hard this week.

It's true, but probably didn't have to be said. You know ESPN is just waiting for a quote to stir things up like they did with Irsay's twitter comments last year. The Ravens have had many trash talk artists, which although entertaining sometimes, probably wasn't the best idea going into a game. I wouldn't characterize Wayne's comments as trash talk, just something self-evident that didn't really need to be said.

It's true, but probably didn't have to be said. You know ESPN is just waiting for a quote to stir things up like they did with Irsay's twitter comments last year. The Ravens have had many trash talk artists, which although entertaining sometimes, probably wasn't the best idea going into a game. I wouldn't characterize Wayne's comments as trash talk, just something self-evident that didn't really need to be said.

Actually doesn't bother me what Wayne said or that he said it. It is probably even a good thing especially if the media spins it out of proportion. In my opinion, they did the same with Irsay's comments last year and that seemed to work out pretty well. Colts know what they are doing. Peyton is great but can be vulnerable to his emotions in certain types of situations.

I disagree !!! I say Blitz the hell out of him !!! of course we have to be sneaky and disguise those blitz's or he will pick us apart .(which will be hard to do) if the D-line gets some pressure we will win !!

Got to get pressure and move him off the spot. Make him uncomfortable. Even if you don't get the sack...gotta put him on the ground so long as it is within the rules. It will have a cumulative effect if done often enough.

Yeah...I feel the same way. Really was hoping Peyton would get his ring LAST YEAR after the Colts were eliminated. Too bad he didn't win it and retire but the way I see it he had his chance. The Colts can realistically contend for the Lombardy starting this year and hopefully for years to come. So it is a totally different mindset now. I can't fret any longer about 18's legacy...it is in our best interest now if he doesn't build on it at our expense. Going forward Peyton is just another QB standing between us and our own Super Bowl goals.

Normally he may have had a point, but it was Ray's last play on his home field, in front of home town fans. You guys know how Harbaugh is, and you know he respects the Colts. Wayne took it the wrong way. You didn't hear any Ravens complaining when the Colts beat the Ravens in 2006 and 2009. Complaining about Ray in that moment is like complaining about Cal Ripken circling the field slapping hands after breaking 2131. It wasn't meant as rubbing it in to the other team, just a final celebration for the Baltimore fans. There was no disrespect meant to the Colts. Wayne had it wrong.

nobody cares about the ravens

I am a Colts fan first and foremost but I think management has done a terrible job of putting players around Luck to protect him and I take them to the task about that often. They like to sign WRs, TEs and just about everything but world class linemen around a world class QB. I moved to Denver so I became a Denver fan especially when they signed Peyton. It is really that simple.

lol what a joke

We know that Peyton makes receivers look better than they really are. That may also be the case with Luck, but it's still early. Wayne was a 1 , but now a 2 at this stage of his career. That being said , he is still very good like Steve Smith. He is just one of a group of NFL receivers that are quite vocal.

wayne is hardly vocal

Just like this game.  :thmup:

Yeah, but the Dolphins settled for 3 FGs despite dominating TOP, which ended up hurting them in the long run.

Against Peyton, if it is in Broncos territory anywhere inside the 40, 4th and manageable (to me, that is 4 yards or less), you go for it. Don't settle for FGs unless you are cornered into a 4th & 5 or higher inside their 40.

Yeah, but the Dolphins settled for 3 FGs despite dominating TOP, which ended up hurting them in the long run.

Against Peyton, if it is in Broncos territory anywhere inside the 40, 4th and manageable (to me, that is 4 yards or less), you go for it. Don't settle for FGs unless you are cornered into a 4th & 5 or higher inside their 40.

Cant wait for the game to here my friend  :applause: .

This game is always one of the best of the year. It is rich with story lines and sub plots. If Peyton loses this game at home, I'm going to start believing this guy may have a case of the nerves, and tries too hard in tough situations. In this case, going against his old team again , when last year the owner was trying to rattle him, and this year his old WR buddy .

This doesn't take away what I feel about Peyton. He is one of the greatest of all time, has won a Championship, and is a total class act. If this game was lost by Denver , though, it may be more of a justification of an Achilles heal .

Denver has home field, the revenge factor, and Mathis is out. All of these things point to a Denver win. However, if he gets rattled and plays like he did in Indy, or the Super Bowl, you have to wonder if there isn't something to it. Sometimes you can just press too hard, and you have to relax, and let your team mates relax a bit. How many times have we heard about a team that is somewhat laid back, but prepared, winning the Super Bowl ? You guys know I will be watching.

For me, considering that the Colts went up against the Broncos last season & both QBs performed exceptionally well, I just wanna see 2 intellectually gifted QBs counteract their respective defenses. 

I just wanna see 2 masterminds on the football field play chess at the highest level of concentration & execution. That's all I'm really after.

Don't ask me to choose 1 field general over another. It's like asking me which nephew I respect & I admire more. Just enjoy the greatness before you on screen & remember we are only in week one.