Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trade

Day at the Hilton

So in other words, another one sided Grigson trade?

Cause Parkey could kick, we just have Vinny who won't retire so K's don't stand a chance with us

But to trade for a player who's injured and to be a team known for injuries, it sounds like that's a one sided trade the eagles won

:facepalm:

they were going to cut parkay anyway, so if they cut this guy tomorrow, who cares?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to look at this a little bit more positively.  We essentially traded a guy that was a camp leg for a guy who could compete to be our #3 RB.

He missed three of Toledo's final four games with the ankle injury, which turned out to be a small fracture that wasn't discovered until a late November MRI. Over his final two college seasons, he missed a full contest or significant time in a game nine times because of injury.

What is he competing for again? And he has been hurt all camp.

He was a camp leg for us bc we have a HOF K Philly need to upgrade their K

He missed three of Toledo's final four games with the ankle injury, which turned out to be a small fracture that wasn't discovered until a late November MRI. Over his final two college seasons, he missed a full contest or significant time in a game nine times because of injury.

What is he competing for again? And he has been hurt all camp.

He was a camp leg for us bc we have a HOF K Philly need to upgrade their K

Practice squad.  Slim chance there too.

He was a back up kicker to us.

Henery struggled last year made a career low 80% of fg's and doesn't have the leg to kick the ball into to the endzone on Kickoffs. Kelly was looking to replace him. He probably just did.

We should have got a 6/7th round pick instead of a player we are going to cut or made Philly wait on him until cuts.

I don't get it. One more guy for the training table. He missed three of Toledo's final four games with the ankle injury, which turned out to be a small fracture that wasn't discovered until a late November MRI. Over his final two college seasons, he missed a full contest or significant time in a game nine times because of injury.

Another player with a history of being injured we will cry curse when he goes down.

There are going to be healthy backs released here pretty quick. I don't get it seems like we decided to help out a team we play week 2 for nothing.

lol no one would trade a 6th round pick for Cody Parkey

I can't believe people are actually mad we traded a backup kicker we were going to cut

LOL @ people complaining about trading a backup kicker.

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm upset of what we got out of it

An injured RB. How is it even possible to trade an injured person in the NFL?

The last thing we need is more injured players. But guess I'm the only one who thinks that way

Brown hit the hole fast and hard last year....   and he hit the "right" hole most of the time.    I cannot believe they let him walk. 

Trent...    did not hit the hole hard, he stuttersteped.   WAY TOO MUCH.      and hit he WRONG hole half of the time.  

Trent has looked much better so far this pre season.......   as far as hitting the hole hard.       We shall see, but all this trade talk with Indy tells me something is about to go down.    They must not be happy with what they have at RB?

Why do we continue to get power backs when our offensive line can't make holes. Yeah they can try and make their own holes and run people over but we need more backs that have quicker feet.

Example: Donald Brown, maybe not a great back but when offensive line didn't block could make quick cuts to the outside and away from trouble.

Bad Example: Trent, could be a great player but not super quick and gets caught up in a lot of traffic.

Bravo...just sayin

Brown hit the hole fast and hard last year.... and he hit the "right" hole most of the time. I cannot believe they let him walk.

Trent... did not hit the hole hard, he stuttersteped. WAY TOO MUCH. and hit he WRONG hole half of the time.

Trent has looked much better so far this pre season....... as far as hitting the hole hard. We shall see, but all this trade talk with Indy tells me something is about to go down. They must not be happy with what they have at RB?

And it took Donald Brown 5 years to hit the hole hard soooo

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm upset of what we got out of it

An injured RB. How is it even possible to trade an injured person in the NFL?

The last thing we need is more injured players. But guess I'm the only one who thinks that way

I think you're missing the point.....

He was getting cut anyway.. For which we would get? Yup nothing.

We've now taken what we were throwing out into the rubbish and got given something for it, doesn't matter what,you're better off. No one is expecting great shakes from this trade but come on your criticism of it isn't just unwarranted... It's farcical.

Actually Brown has been productive when he was healthy... never a 2.8 ypc guy ... just saying...

Has also been a bench warmer his whole career soooooooo

And is now heading to San Diego to be a 3rd string RB sooooooooo

Cause he's not better than Woodhead or Matthews

I think you're missing the point.....

He was getting cut anyway.. For which we would get? Yup nothing.

We've now taken what we were throwing out into the rubbish and got given something for it, doesn't matter what,you're better off. No one is expecting great shakes from this trade but come your criticism of it isn't just unwarranted... It's farcical.

We got an injured RB: NOTHING

So why trade something for nothing?

Yeah that's not correct. soooooo

He is second string in San Diego. soooooo

Ryan Matthews is usually hurt so brown will see significant playing time. soooooo

Soooooooooo   your point is?

He was THE BEST RB for iNDY last year?   Is that debatable?       And he is better than Mathews and Woodhead. 

Big year for Trent...    it is put up or shut up time for the rolling bowling ball of butcher knives.....     

Right On....   Mathews IS one of the most often injured back in the NFL...

thus the Brown signing... 

Yeah that's not correct. soooooo

He is second string in San Diego. soooooo

Ryan Matthews is usually hurt so brown will see significant playing time. soooooo

Yup still missing it.

Tell you what lets call it off and just cut him. That make it better?!

Is there a shortage of Apple juice???

Not missing it at all

We traded a good player, for nothing

That doesn't make sense

Parkey could be a starting K but as I stated our grandpa Vinny won't hang his cleats up so no matter what K we bring in, they don't have a chance to crack our roster until Grandpa Vinny is gone

Not missing it at all

That doesn't make sense

Parkey could be a starting K but as I stated our grandpa Vinny won't hang his cleats up so no matter what K we bring in, they don't have a chance to crack our roster until Grandpa Vinny is gone

Right so you get that he wasn't going to make the roster?

So if he was going to be cut anyway...... What's the big deal? Wheeling and dealing is the name of the game at this stage of the season.

Soooooooooo your point is?

He was THE BEST RB for iNDY last year? Is that debatable? And he is better than Mathews and Woodhead.

Big year for Trent... it is put up or shut up time for the rolling bowling ball of butcher knives.....

The only way Donald will see the field in San Diego significantly is if due to injury

They're not starting him over woodhead or Matthews

Not missing it at all

That doesn't make sense

You need to stop sniffing glue

Right so you get that he wasn't going to make the roster?

So if he was going to be cut anyway...... What's the big deal? Wheeling and dealing is the name of the game at this state of the season.

If he wasn't gonna make the roster, get someone who will

Unless this guy we just got blows pur socks off, Boom is a lock for the #3 RB and I don't think we'll carry 4

If he wasn't gonna make the roster, get someone who will

Unless this guy we just got blows pur socks off, Boom is a lock for the #3 RB and I don't think we'll carry 4

If he had any serous trade value then great lets go get a starting G but he didn't....... Because he's a kicker! Rolling the dice, for free compared to cutting the guy, is just plain sensible. Will it come off, probably not but you've not sold the cow for magic beans or anything. The NFL is a cold business and you take every small percentage you can, aggregation of small gains.

Not going to argue, I'm sorry you can't see the logic in this one but hey it's a trade that will be forgotten in 2 weeks.

Dang dude you are delusional today..

I guess SD signed Brown at 3 years for 10.5 and 4m guearanteed to sit...?

OK  ...    come week 3 when Brown is the FF steal of year I guess you will recognize..  

Until then ...       :highfive2:

The only way Donald will see the field in San Diego significantly is if due to injury

They're not starting him over woodhead or Matthews

Dang dude you are delusional today..

I guess SD signed Brown at 3 years for 10.5 and 4m guearanteed to sit...?

OK ... come week 3 when Brown is the FF steal of year I guess you will recognize..

Until then ... :highfive2:

Chargers play the 49ers in the dress rehearsal game Sunday. SO we'll see when Mr. Brown gets in

Calling it now, Parkey kicks a GW FG against us in week 2

:sigh:

He is a kicker....The fact that we got a 22 year old Back with talent for a kicker is impressive enough even if he don't make the team, At worst neither player makes there teams roster, At best we just traded a player whos never kicked a field goal in a meaningful situation in the NFL for a position player, He also can challenge for Punt Return duties I think

He is a kicker....The fact that we got a 22 year old Back with talent for a kicker is impressive enough even if he don't make the team, At worst neither player makes there teams roster, At best we just traded a player whos never kicked a field goal in a meaningful situation in the NFL for a position player, He also can challenge for Punt Return duties I think

Eagles kicker has been struggling.

Parkey has a higher chance to make the Eagles than this RB does to make our squad