Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Positives and Negatives Colts Vs Jets

Rich Cannon

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Same old TRich, 2.6 yards per carry. This guy just isn't going to get it done.

Dude looks great once he gets moving and breaks into the second level of the defense. Problem being, that doesn't happen often enough. He just doesn't seem to explode out of the backfield like we saw with Herron. 

He'll be valuable to this team, I just know it. Too much talent and power in that kid to not have it manifest. I'd think it wise to wait until mid-season before really passing too much judgement on him. 

Your guy Werner took a few steps toward making me look like the worst talent evaluater on this website. His rush looked much faster and more concise, but his drop-back coverage appears to still need a great deal of work. Either way, I was pretty excited to see Vern having a notable presence.

see..patience man...patience. ;)  lol   it probably helped that I watched him A LOT at FSU.  I watched a lot of their games in 2011 because of Xavier Rhodes and EJ Manuel but wound up being most impressed and in aww of Werner and Brandon Jenkins.

*sigh*  I miss the "Unlike" button

Believe me, my ignore list on here is almost as long as our IR list last year. Just taking names down to add to it

I kind of enjoy some of those comments. It's like they can't be for real.

Did you see the "there's no hope" when Holmes went down? No waiting for an injury report, no waiting to see how the others play C, just giving up on the season.

I'm still laughing!

His first two carries went for 13 yards. Holmes went out and his next three runs he had no chance

this ^   it took the OL a little time to adjust to Harrison being in at C and by the time they did, Richardson was out of the game.

Dude looks great once he gets moving and breaks into the second level of the defense. Problem being, that doesn't happen often enough. He just doesn't seem to explode out of the backfield like we saw with Herron. 

He'll be valuable to this team, I just know it. Too much talent and power in that kid to not have it manifest. I'd think it wise to wait until mid-season before really passing too much judgement on him.

I'm a big Boom guy, but it's not fair to compare until they're both playing with the same team against the same team.

I think we're okay at RB!

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, August 8, 2014 - baiting?
Hidden by Nadine, August 8, 2014 - baiting?

Well to a troll's eyes..     math might be a friend in this game...       BUT alas.. .   the troll has NO football IQ simply his little agenda on this board.

Trent looked great.     The one play he got stuffed.....      Barry Sanders would have.     I am thrilled with this effort.   

And cannot wait until management rids us of your constant silliness.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, August 8, 2014 - baiting
Hidden by Nadine, August 8, 2014 - baiting

Trent will be fine...    don't bother with this Troll LR..    

But back to Trent ..   I really liked what I say.       He ran with purpose.   

He will be fine.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, August 8, 2014 - quoting removed post
Hidden by Nadine, August 8, 2014 - quoting removed post

Trent will be fine...    don't bother with this Troll LR..    

But back to Trent ..   I really liked what I say.       He ran with purpose.   

He will be fine.

I take it this LR guy has been a mouth about this? If I had known that, I would never have responded to him. For the record, I'm a supporter of bringing him here. Preseason is always frustrating though, we only get such limited glimpses of key starters. 

negatives:  the broadcasters..primarily the play by play guy (on WNDY anyway).  Some of his comments included:

• Sheldon Price is a first year player
  • Shawn Loiseau is a first year player.  Also pronounced his name as Low-see-oh.  It's pronounced Low-ee-so
  • Jonathan Newsome got the sack on Vick (it was Cam Johnson, which he corrected very late
  • Pronounced Da'Rick as Duh-Rick.  It's Day-Rick

These were just a few off the top of my head that I remembered but it seemed like almost every play he was saying something incorrect.  The sack thing...maybe not as big a deal.  I find it hard to believe the broadcasters would have a delayed stream compared to TV viewers but maybe it's possible.  But he was still saying it was Newsome when Cam's #59 was CLEARLY obvious on screen.  When it comes to how long players have been in the league and player name pronunciations though, shouldn't the team's local broadcasters be on top of that kind of thing?  IDK, things like that are pet peeves of mine.  Just seems very lazy on their part.

another positive was Dewey McDonald...saw him make a couple of nice plays. In particular, on a punt return he was one of the 2 guys that completely jammed the Jet's gunner, and then a nice defensive play on a Matt Simms roll-out.  

I was impressed with the team on offense and defense. The only concern I have right now is the lack of playmaking and ball skills from the safety position. Landry coming back will help the run defense and Howell is good at that as well, but we still need a ball hawking safety.

Oh heck he is a mainstay on the Pacer thread trying to insist to everyone Paul G is out for 2 years...

YAWN  ..  he is a total troll     Just ignore the little boy.    He will go away or get banned soon enough.

I fell prey also...     I'll never get those keystrokes back..  heheeheeee

I take it this LR guy has been a mouth about this? If I had known that, I would never have responded to him. For the record, I'm a supporter of bringing him here. Preseason is always frustrating though, we only get such limited glimpses of key starters. 

Pros

1. Most receivers getting open

2. Good protection from starting o-line

3. Improved run defense

4. Werner and the rest getting pretty good pass rush

5. Richardson and Herron looking confident

6. Pat McAfee

7. Linebacker depth

Cons

1. Offensive line depth is either a work in progress or simply not very good.

2. Secondary depth looked about as weak as many anticipated.

3. Holmes Injury

How many plays did Holmes contribute to?     I thought the OL did VERY WELL considering the All Pro K H left squirming like he had a Paul George type injury...      oh wait he sprained his ankle...    sigh...     I don't see it with Holmes.

Harrison is the guy.   Bad snap or not ...   he will be the C opening day.

JMO

Offensive line was terrible when Holmes left, not richardsons fault here

Pros

1. Most receivers getting open

2. Good protection from starting o-line

3. Improved run defense

4. Werner and the rest getting pretty good pass rush

5. Richardson and Herron looking confident

6. Pat McAfee

7. Linebacker depth

Cons

1. Offensive line depth is either a work in progress or simply not very good.

2. Secondary depth looked about as weak as many anticipated.

3. Holmes Injury

I agree regarding the safeties but disagree regarding CB's.  Davis, Toler, Butler and Gordy are a very good top 4 and Price looked improved over last year.  Still looking forward to seeing more of Cox, Purifoy, Johnny Adams and Marcus Burley

Cox and Mcdonald had 3 tackles a piece according to the stat sheet on NFL.com

I'm going to watch the game again, but my initial impression from the game was that Cox was the weakest in coverage among he, Adams, Burley and Purifoy

I agree regarding the safeties but disagree regarding CB's.  Davis, Toler, Butler and Gordy are a very good top 4 and Price looked improved over last year.  Still looking forward to seeing more of Cox, Purifoy, Johnny Adams and Marcus Burley

CBs looked good. Dewey looked okay, Cox too. Need to see a lot more.

Safety still scares me, little experience or depth. We're good at the corners.

Werner looks quicker.

Yes, I thought he did a pretty good job at getting pressure in certain situations. The announcers mentioned his name often while he was in and he was involved in some good plays. I do think we will see an improvment in him this year and a significant one. Still too early to tell but I think he looks better overall and we've been hearing some positives in camp and have seen a glimpse of it tonight..