Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign OLB Phillip Hunt

MTC

This could mean that Kelvin will be out for awhile

True... Although Kelvin is an ILB and Hunt is OLB.. I looked Hunt up on YouTube as "Phillip Hunt Eagles" and there was a 3 or 4 min video of him. He was playing defensive end though but was getting solid pass rush.

Hunt has some raw physical talent I think, Just needs time on the field to develop it, Hope he makes the team and his injury Is behind him, I wonder if Brandon Jenkins is healthy...I don't think he is, His talent alone is worth stashing him on the PS

Hunt has some raw physical talent I think, Just needs time on the field to develop it, Hope he makes the team and his injury Is behind him, I wonder if Brandon Jenkins is healthy...I don't think he is, His talent alone is worth stashing him on the PS

Jenkins from UGA Jenkins?

how depressing. all you hear about is how impressive his speed and quickness is then gets cut the second day

Surprised Richardson got cut. I thought the coaches liked him.

As much as I like Pagano, he tends to have nothing but glowing reviews for everyone.  I've never heard him say anything critical about a player.

Bottom of the barrel players coming and going.  With all teams still at 90 on their rosters, I don't see getting anything of potential quality until after the real cuts begin and the list of guys 'out there' increases dramatically.  Especially if a team rich in an particular area has to cut a pretty good player because of a numbers game.    Grigson is just staying sharp and keeps turning stones hoping for that rare nugget until the cuts begin and the rubber meets the road...

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, August 6, 2014 - inappropriate/offensive
Hidden by Nadine, August 6, 2014 - inappropriate/offensive

Mike is his middle name. Phil Mike Hunt.

and his best friend is Hugh Jazzcock.

*runs out of room giggling like a little girl*

As long as they don't sign his brother Mike.

It would be OK to sign Mike, but Bob Lamey would face a hefty fine from the FCC for mentioning him on the radio.  

Jenkins from UGA Jenkins?

No, Brandon Jenkins from Florida State. He was thought to be a 1st or second round pick until he had a lis fracture dislocation in his right foot. He sat out a whole year, but reports were that he lost his quickness. When healthy he was a MONSTER sack machine, he and Werner really caused problems.

No, Brandon Jenkins from Florida State. He was thought to be a 1st or second round pick until he had a lis fracture dislocation in his right foot. He sat out a whole year, but reports were that he lost his quickness. When healthy he was a MONSTER sack machine, he and Werner really caused problems.

Interesting we'll see soon what he's got I would assume . Surprised how quick we cut Richardson must not have had what we were looking for hard to believe he already got in trouble with the coaching staff .

When you have key players like Sergio Brown and others that are very good special teamers, Grigson is thinking through the fact that even those precious ST stars' minutes have to be curtailed as well in pre-season, so he brings in re-inforcements.

Polian built a very good 25-30 for game day, it looks like Grigson will end up building a good 40+ for game day when it is all said and done.

and his best friend is Hugh Jazzcock.

*runs out of room giggling like a little girl*

And his cousins Heywood Jablome and Stu Pedasso. I had a teacher in high school named Richard Lipps, we called him Dick.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• I think I like AD. But that's not what is motivating my posts. I'm enjoying the dialogue as I distract myself from a spreadsheet but I do have a point to make.   That is, you noted: what if McGinn's article is correct? Well, what if its not? He, personally, will have cost AD Mitchell MILLIONS of dollars. Not the scouts; McGinn. McGinn is the one with the platform. If the scouts had a platform, they wouldn't be anonymous sources. The difference between bottom of the 1st round and where AD was selected is $5 to $10 million over 4 years.   As another poster noted, does McGinn have any responsibility in regards to articles he releases that are not factual, whether they were written in good faith or not?
    • There's more about his diabetes and about him being uncoachable and hard to work with. Can't find direct link. The rest might be behind a paywall, but it's quoted in the linked article by Destin Adams. You can read it there.
    • The McGinn column that I can find describes what happened at the combine in front of all of the scouts (below). Is there another column from him about Mitchell? There must be based on the conversation in this thread.    DRAFT Part 1, WR/TE: Hall of Fame talent at the top, then (many) questions Marvin Harrison Jr. leads the way. You'll see receivers fly off the board the first two rounds. But scouts have concerns. Bob McGinn's 40th annual series begins.   Part 1, WR/TE: Hall of Fame talent at the top, then (many) questions - golongtd.com   By Bob McGinn   (About halfway through the column is a discussion of Mitchell's combine performance)   Coming off a 55-reception, 11-touchdown season at Texas, Mitchell did everything at the combine other than the short shuttle, the 3-cone and the bench press. And, after his blazing 40 of 4.35 and exceptional distances in the jumps, his decision to work at the combine appeared to be paying off.   Then Mitchell, wearing the WO19 jersey, started running the various routes in line with other wide receivers. His performance was insufficient, to say the least.   “He blew that 40 out, which didn’t surprise me,” one veteran scout said. “But then his position workout might have been the worst I’ve seen by a top receiver. He was falling over. He dropped balls. He had to keep redoing. It seemed as if he didn’t know how to run routes. He just seemed out of it.   “Generally, I don’t get alarmed by a combine. That was alarming.”   Based on television coverage, Mitchell staggered and fell during the gauntlet, dropped the first two slants, dropped an out and either messed up the route or failed to make the catch on his next three attempts. His performance was adequate after that.   “He was very linear, very straight line,” another scout said watching Mitchell at the combine. “Which surprised me, because in my limited exposure, for a fast guy, I thought he could actually bend and get in and out of his cuts.   “After running fast, the position stuff didn’t match. It wasn’t terrible. It wasn’t fatal. But it definitely raised some alerts with me. He didn’t have a great combine.”   Mitchell stood on his combine numbers and did position drills March 21 at Texas pro day, leaving the bench press and shuttles void.
    • Pretty much sums up what most of feel on here but it is the slow time of year and hopefully can enlighten some and spark some conversation.   https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/32-nfl-teams-in-32-days-colts-need-a-healthy-anthony-richardson/ar-BB1omOPy?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=72b391309fba48589a10207956078d03&ei=29  
    • Does a reporter bear any responsibility about what he includes in his pieces? Sourced or not? Is everything a source tell you printable? Is everything worth printing? BTW I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, I just wonder if there are any ethical considerations a reporter might have when reporting on this type of touchy subject, especially when some of those anonymous scouts might have vested interest in a player getting drafted higher or lower than currently projected? 
  • Members

• stitches

stitches 19,969

• TheRadiantAerynSun

TheRadiantAerynSun 6

Rookie
    • krunk

krunk 8,435

• bestQBever

bestQBever 1,127

• DynaMike

DynaMike 162