Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton's Tribute to Deceased Broncos Fan

supremecoltsfan300

Nice story I read online about Peyton doing a small tribute to a deceased Broncos fan.

Link: http://www.milehighreport.com/2014/8/4/5966841/peyton-manning-tribute-chris-crowson

So much negativity in the nfl news recently, though it would be refreshing to hear some good news.  Love when players do these type of things.

Not everyone may respect Peyton the player, but it's impossible not to respect Peyton the man.

I think many people will not fully understand how such a seemingly small act could lead to a great deal of healing and grief management. If only everyone who has lost a loved one could receive such a gift while dealing with the grief. 

With all the money, hype and big business surrounding pro sports, it's things like this that put on full display the power of sport, and what it does for the human condition. 

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, August 8, 2014 - off topic starting with shane
Hidden by Nadine, August 8, 2014 - off topic starting with shane

You have to come in with your "but". 

Why the word "Saddist" strike my mind right now.

Aren't you always the one crying about personal shots? That was a doozy right there.

Aren't you always the one crying about personal shots? That was a doozy right there.

LOL, now you are chasing my posts and continue with your cheap sarcastic language.

This is the topic regarding a good gesture by Peyton and your fellow poster has to be a downer and say something negative. If you have something bad to say, just dont say it.

Dont stoop too low and read the posts before typing anything.

LOL, now you are chasing my posts and continue with your cheap sarcastic language.

This is the topic regarding a good gesture by Peyton and your fellow poster has to be a downer and say something negative. If you have something bad to say, just dont say it.

Dont stoop too low and read the posts before typing anything.

Still an insult and a personal shot.

Still an insult and a personal shot.

Which is?.

Ignoring the fact that Peyton's gesture helped uplift the morale of the family who just lost their son or me point the same.

I am sure you can figure it out. ( I hope ).

Which is?.

Ignoring the fact that Peyton's gesture helped uplift the morale of the family who just lost their son or me point the same.

I am sure you can figure it out. ( I hope ).

Your calling him a saddist. All else is his opinion void of a personal shot at you or anyone else.

Your calling him a saddist. All else is his opinion void of a personal shot at you or anyone else.

Did i?. Perhaps try to read it again?.

From you:

You have to come in with your "but". 

Why the word "Saddist" strike my mind right now.

i asked you to read not re post.

i asked you to read not re post.

lol. man. You are too much. But keep posting like you are always the one being insulted when you throw the insults yourself.

lol. man. You are too much. But keep posting like you are always the one being insulted when you throw the insults yourself.

Ok, thanks.

He thinks coming in to a thread about a football player honoring a dead fan and minimalizing the gesture was a bit callous, or sadistic. No need to derail an otherwise good thread about a nice thing Peyton Manning did for a dead fan and his grieving family.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, August 8, 2014 - off topic
Hidden by Nadine, August 8, 2014 - off topic

He thinks coming in to a thread about a football player honoring a dead fan and minimalizing the gesture was a bit callous, or sadistic. No need to derail an otherwise good thread about a nice thing Peyton Manning did for a dead fan and his grieving family.

Sure but no reason to throw a personal insult. We all have opinions on these threads we don't like.

It's nice that these acts are common. Athletes don't have to care enough to reach out and make a gesture. It was a kind thing to do, and initially with little fanfare.

It's great that so many professional athletes visit sick or dying people and lift the sprits of families that have lost a loved one. 

It's great that so many professional athletes visit sick or dying people and lift the sprits of families that have lost a loved one. 

This is true.

I think the problem in this thread, as in so many other threads, is that a lot of people, myself included, hold Peyton in the highest regard and it reaffirms our faith in decency and humanity when we hear of all the good things he does.  

Same is true when we hear all the good things that Mr. Irsay does....    Yet there are some that try their hardest to knock both of these individuals down, and say things like  "oh it's no big deal ~  a lot of athletes do these things,   ~  or they are only doing it for "show" and the timing is bad,  etc...  etc...   etc....

Generosity, and kindness should never be knocked...   

I love that this simple act of putting a name on a towel....rallied support for this family as they deal with such a trajic loss.  So credit also to the fans who followed Manning in their support of the family.  That's what made it even better.

people can be wonderful