2014 Forum Fantasy Football Leagues

Andy

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To be fair, there is only one game on that evening and it's between the Cards and Bengals. Everything else is done. Up to you guys.

I'm down for the 23rd..i thought that that was after week 2...week 3 the starters play at least a half, and there is more chance for injury. I just wanted to be sure that week was over...so if you keep it the same I'm good with it...

The only other thing I am curious about is how are we going to know who kept whom...will we get a list, or will they just show up as unavailable come draft time. I personally would like a complete list, whether it be shown here on the forum or on the site, that way I can adjust my list accordingly.

I'm down for the 23rd..i thought that that was after week 2...week 3 the starters play at least a half, and there is more chance for injury. I just wanted to be sure that week was over...so if you keep it the same I'm good with it...

The only other thing I am curious about is how are we going to know who kept whom...will we get a list, or will they just show up as unavailable come draft time. I personally would like a complete list, whether it be shown here on the forum or on the site, that way I can adjust my list accordingly.

I think everyone should have the same deadline (or 2 deadlines) for the keeper list so that no single person can have an advantage. Andy should determine a singular date and time by which the keeper list should be due, and reveal it AFTER the deadline has passed and everyone has submitted their list.

Yes, everyone, I repeat, EVERYONE, would love to have the other person's cards shown after all before they play their cards. But based on the keeper leagues I have been on, everyone submits it at the same time (whether it is once or twice), and THEN it gets revealed by the commish. If I know it is going to be submitted twice, I will withhold my true list and keep my true list for the last time it is submitted. So, that is why I feel it is best for you to make your keeper list based on what YOU want to do and adjust on the fly, like you would do in a normal live snake draft, no different.

I'd be more than up to join in on fantasy with other Colts fans! Count me in if a new league can be created. Right now I just have an ESPN account but I can open up a yahoo one no problem if need be.

These leagues are full but we are organizing a league and it has plenty of openings.  Please make a post in this thread to indicate your interest and we'll add you in.

http://forums.colts.com/topic/29526-2014-colt-strong-fantasy-league/

I've sent them all reminders (and just sent Fx Stryker his "switching leagues" email) to the players. I'll send another one in a couple of days. The current teams that have not signed up (not including Fx Stryker) are:

Bodacious Mantises

Rubber Duckies

Knights in Armor

IndyD4U

Natural Bjorn Killer

Team Nice Dynamite

I'm not sure of their forum names, although I think Knights in Armor is Tknight24

The first two alternates are:

Akcolt

Valpo

Aw bummer, looks like I (Rubber Duckies) missed out. Thanks for the reinvite though, Andy. If any other spots reopen before the season let me know! I'll be on the forums more often now with the season starting back up soon.

Regarding keepers and the draft date, I'll address keepers first. 

Everyone can keep up to 2 keepers (which we all know now), and there is one keeper deadline and it is on August 17th. You can choose anytime before, but that is the FINAL DATE!

The draft will be the week after, sorry Juanjo, but I can't do it much earlier. Personally, I'd stay up because it's only going to be 1 or 2 in the morning. Draft should be done within 90 minutes. It's a late night but there's coffee :) 

The draft will be at the very end of Week 3 with only the final game being played.  

Regarding keepers and the draft date, I'll address keepers first. 

Everyone can keep up to 2 keepers (which we all know now), and there is one keeper deadline and it is on August 17th. You can choose anytime before, but that is the FINAL DATE!

The draft will be the week after, sorry Juanjo, but I can't do it much earlier. Personally, I'd stay up because it's only going to be 1 or 2 in the morning. Draft should be done within 90 minutes. It's a late night but there's coffee :)

The draft will be at the very end of Week 3 with only the final game being played.  

I'm assuming you will reveal the keepers with an e-mail/post on August 18th (assuming all of us have submitted ours)?

If anyone has a spot available in their fantasy league, I'm interested. 

http://forums.colts.com/topic/29526-2014-colt-strong-fantasy-league/

Colt Strong is the only league with openings right now.  It's PPR though.

If you are interested please make a post in the linked thread and send me your E-mail via private message and I'll send you an invite.

I'm assuming you will reveal the keepers with an e-mail/post on August 18th (assuming all of us have submitted ours)?

Yes, I'll make a post here revealing who kept who and those players will not show up when it is time to draft.

Aw bummer, looks like I (Rubber Duckies) missed out. Thanks for the reinvite though, Andy. If any other spots reopen before the season let me know! I'll be on the forums more often now with the season starting back up soon.

3 more spots left in this league if you are interested.  

http://forums.colts.com/topic/29526-2014-colt-strong-fantasy-league

Hello all,

It's that time of the year again; the time to rev up the engines for a new season of fantasy football. 

We've had two good seasons now, with last season being our first season under the Elite/Average Joes program. In the Average Joe's league, Dustin and Us and Them were the winners, meaning that they are going to be moving on into the Elite League. 

In the Elite league, hillbilliesfromhell (John Dee) and FX Stryker will be moving down into the Average Joe's league (which was ridiculously competitive). 

All teams have been sent a renewal email, and if you follow the easy instructions, you guys will be back in the league. Dustin, Us and Them, hillbillies and FX Stryker will get a different email soon directing you to the different leagues. How it will work from there, Dustin will have first choice at which of the vacant teams (from the 2 departing guys) that he wants, and Us and Them will take the other one. Hillbillies will have first choice at which team he wants in the Average Joe league (from the 2 departing teams). It's a switch; easy enough to understand.

I'd be surprised if every single team were to rejoin, so if you were not in the leagues last year, and you are interested this year, please post a comment in this thread showing your interest, and you will be placed on a waiting/alternate list. This list is important because.....

.... I expect every owner to be an active member of the league and to participate all the time. If this does not happen, the alternate/waiting list will come into play. Of course, we all have lives outside of the league (I hope), and there will probably be events or something every now and then. All I ask in those situations is just a courteous email a few days before the event letting me know. 

I haven't been on the forum much in the last week, I've just been way too busy, but what I plan on doing is setting up both leagues like I did last year and working with you guys to work on a functional draft date (and any other deadline). Last year we did it in mid-August; some guys liked after the preseason, so maybe we'll do that. Either way, we'll figure that crap out a bit later. 

I'm not sure if there's anything else I need to go over; a reminder to CHECK YOUR YAHOO EMAILS and to sign up into the league; THE QUICKER THE BETTER, and the faster I can get everything set up. 

So, who's ready for a great year?

Peace,

Andy

Just put my  2 keepers in  :clap:....Is it a def 2 or 3?

Just put my  2 keepers in  :clap:....Is it a def 2 or 3?

Its 2 maximum...Its up to you whether or not to keep 2, 1, or none. If you keep none, it will be a normal draft in the order that you finished (in reverse)..If you choose one keeper, you won't pick until the second round in your spot. If you choose to keep both keepers, then you won't draft until round 3.

Hope that helps

(me personally wish I could keep 7..lol)

Its 2 maximum...Its up to you whether or not to keep 2, 1, or none. If you keep none, it will be a normal draft in the order that you finished (in reverse)..If you choose one keeper, you won't pick until the second round in your spot. If you choose to keep both keepers, then you won't draft until round 3.

Hope that helps

(me personally wish I could keep 7..lol)

Thanks good info, I guess im just keeping Jamaal Charles  :goodluck:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys, we are in the final few weeks here. The draft is creeping closer. 

Does anyone have any questions/complaints/comments about anything? Please let me know. Also, if they are unavailable to make their draft time, please let me know in advance if you can.

Thanks!

Ok guys, we are in the final few weeks here. The draft is creeping closer. 

Does anyone have any questions/complaints/comments about anything? Please let me know. Also, if they are unavailable to make their draft time, please let me know in advance if you can.

Thanks!

Is Sun, Aug 24 @ 4:15 the set time for the draft? just wanna make sure cause I might be busy and have to auto draft.

If anyone has a spot available in their fantasy league, I'm interested. 

http://forums.colts.com/topic/29728-players-wanted-8th-annual-12-team-colts-fan-keeper-league-w-idp/

:rulez:

I hate this..lol..I'm to co-commish, so I know it can't be done, but I want to keep 5-7 players..lol...I am having such a rough time between 3 players for sure and a possible 4th to keep...I have 1 top 3 QB...2 top 5 rb's and 1 super elite rec and one very good one. I'd also like to keep my D and Kicker..

AUUUUGHHHHHH!!!

I'm still debating on whether to keep both RB's or my QB and top RB...

Decisions..Decisions....

I'll probably change my mind 5 more times before the deadline...ughhhhhhh

Keepers are in, will announce who they are in a bit. Just setting up the draft now.

By the way, I'm going to publicly call them out for this. Some people did not keep keepers, that's cool because you have that option, but if you want to keep a guy and you missed the date, your time has passed. Also, to J-Ville Avengers, for keeping 3 players, I took out the worst guy. When it says up to 2 keepers, that doesn't mean take another one for the hell of it.

Elite League Keepers

The Lucky One: Calvin Johnson

Adongo Ate My Baby: Montee Ball

Us and Them: Antonio Brown & Andrew Luck

Replacement Refs: Nobody

Blackhawk4: Nobody

Ser Pounce: Adrian Peterson & Jimmy Graham

J-Ville Avengers: Brandon Marshall, Demarco Murray & Jordy Nelson (Max of 2 picks, Nelson removed)

Helter Skelter: Demaryius Thomas & Peyton Manning 

FRESH 4 LIFE: Jamaal Charles

SilentHill: Lesean McCoy & Drew Brees

AxelF: Nobody

Spanish Viratus: Eddie Lacy & AJ Green

Average Joe's Keepers

Vontae's Grandma: Lesean McCoy & AJ Green

TY Goodbye: Adrian Peterson & Drew Brees

Broosters: Nobody

coltman51: Jamaal Charles & Andrew Luck

hillbilliysfromhell: Demaryius Thomas & Gio Bernard

Fx: Marshawn Lynch

Natural Bjoern Killer: Nobody

IndyD4U: Jimmy Graham

Knights in Armor: Nobody

Bodacious Mantises: Aaron Rodgers & Alshon Jeffery

AK Hooligans: Nobody

VU Cru: Nobody

Now some great and funny times could start. Is it possible to make trades including players and draft picks before draft day?

Nope, not that I know of. I am not a big fan of draft day trades, personally, even if it is a fresh draft.

Elite League Keepers

The Lucky One: Calvin Johnson

Adongo Ate My Baby: Montee Ball

Us and Them: Antonio Brown & Andrew Luck

Replacement Refs: Nobody

Blackhawk4: Nobody

Ser Pounce: Adrian Peterson & Jimmy Graham

J-Ville Avengers: Brandon Marshall, Demarco Murray & Jordy Nelson (Max of 2 picks, Nelson removed)

Helter Skelter: Demaryius Thomas & Peyton Manning 

FRESH 4 LIFE: Jamaal Charles

SilentHill: Lesean McCoy & Drew Brees

AxelF: Nobody

Spanish Viratus: Eddie Lacy & AJ Green

Average Joe's Keepers

Vontae's Grandma: Lesean McCoy & AJ Green

TY Goodbye: Adrian Peterson & Drew Brees

Broosters: Nobody

coltman51: Jamaal Charles & Andrew Luck

hillbilliysfromhell: Demaryius Thomas & Gio Bernard

Fx: Marshawn Lynch

Natural Bjoern Killer: Nobody

IndyD4U: Jimmy Graham

Knights in Armor: Nobody

Bodacious Mantises: Aaron Rodgers & Alshon Jeffery

AK Hooligans: Nobody

VU Cru: Nobody

I like the fact that I will be the first one to pick two players (and consecutively) in the elite league draft :).

Pleasantly surprised by the amount of talent left on the board.

I'm kinda shocked, looks like a couple people never kept anyone. 9 players will come off the board in the elite league before the draft even "starts" and 18 players before my pick, lol

I like the fact that I will be the first one to pick two players (and consecutively) in the elite league draft :).

Actually you have the 3rd and 4th pick.  :)

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/48950/draftresults

I'm kinda shocked, looks like a couple people never kept anyone. 9 players will come off the board in the elite league before the draft even "starts" and 18 players before my pick, lol

Actually you have the 3rd and 4th pick.  :)

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/48950/draftresults

Well I'm new in Avg. Joes and I ended up with the worst team from last year.  I however decided not to keep anyone.

Part of it was I didn't really have anyone that I felt was worth a first round pick.  But also I have the #1 pick anyways, so it would be in a sense foolish to do so.  I could have kept 1 player that was a borderline 1st/2nd round pick but I decided that it can't hurt because if for some reason that player was the best player left on the board after everyone did their keepers then I could always just pick him #1 overall anyways, so it's sort of pointless.

And I'm glad I chose that strategy because there are several players still left on the board that I have ranked over that player anyways.