Andy

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey guys,

The Elite League seems set. Schedule, divisions, everything is done. I'll start working on a draft date next month.

The Average Joe's league still has 5 players remaining. I've sent them reminders, but they haven't joined. TKnight is one of them, and I've sent him PMs on the forum, and he doesn't respond. Can someone get around to getting in touch with him as well as the other 4 guys. The 5 that need to join are (team names not forum names):

Bodacious Mantises

Rubber Duckies

Knights in Armor (that's Tknight)

IndyD4U

Team Nice Dynamite

These guys will have another two weeks to join the league, or else we'll go to the alternatives list, which I believe has 3 names on it. If you're interested in joining the league and have not notified me, this is your chance. Reply to this message expresses your interest.

Looks like as of now there will be 2 openings..Bodacious Mantis team owner is playing as now is Knights in Armor and IndyD4U

I sent a PM to House who owns Team Nice Dynamite, haven't yet received a response. I don't remember the team owner of Rubber Duckies...i deleted last years team and stats..

Andy please make sure you re-invite Bryce and TK so they can sign up again..

I'll let you know if i hear anything from House...

so we are down to 2 openings left as of now...

Looks like as of now there will be 2 openings..Bodacious Mantis team owner is playing as now is Knights in Armor and IndyD4U

I sent a PM to House who owns Team Nice Dynamite, haven't yet received a response. I don't remember the team owner of Rubber Duckies...i deleted last years team and stats..

Andy please make sure you re-invite Bryce and TK so they can sign up again..

I'll let you know if i hear anything from House...

so we are down to 2 openings left as of now...

They were already sent an email to the address that is linked with their Yahoo account. They need to go to that account and they'll see the email... it is there.

With 2 openings left, it means that Akcolt and Valpo will be the 2 guys joining the league IF Rubber Duckies and Team Nice Dynamite do not re-join within the next week and a half. 

They were already sent an email to the address that is linked with their Yahoo account. They need to go to that account and they'll see the email... it is there.

With 2 openings left, it means that Akcolt and Valpo will be the 2 guys joining the league IF Rubber Duckies and Team Nice Dynamite do not re-join within the next week and a half.

E-mail didn't come through, would it possibly be in the spam inboxes?

Try sending it again if you don't mind sir

:thanks:

E-mail didn't come through, would it possibly be in the spam inboxes?

Try sending it again if you don't mind sir

:thanks:

TK, just sign into Yahoo and go to the sports>fantasy area. There should be an invite there to re-join. If not, you can search for the team CFF Average Joe's.

There are 3 teams still left in the CFF Average Joe's league:

Rubber Duckies

Bodacious Mantises

Team Nice Dynamite

B.M. should join ASAP. The other guys still have about 10 days left. 

Bryce has joined, meaning that it's just "Team Nice Dynamite" and "Rubber Duckies" left to join.

You guys have a week to join. If they don't join, akcolt and Valpo are in, with akcolt having priority.

Hey Andy,

I would like some clarification on an issue we all have discussed, but in a different way. On a Kickoff or punt return TD, is it only the ST/DEF that gets the 6 points, or does the player who scored also get the 6 points. Since we agreed to do the 1 point for every 50 yards in returns, I think it should be fair to have the returner also get credit as well for scoring. I'm not sure how its currently set up on the site, which is why I am asking.

Just for as an example, Darren Sproles. Lets say he gets 4 carries for 20 yards, caught 3 passes for 37 yards and had 3 punt returns for 87 yards and a TD. Would he get 6 points or 12, giving the 6 he scored for the Eagles ST/Def.

I personally would like it to go for both for TD's..its only fair at least in my opinion.

Any one else care to comment, please do so...

Thanks

Hey Andy,

I would like some clarification on an issue we all have discussed, but in a different way. On a Kickoff or punt return TD, is it only the ST/DEF that gets the 6 points, or does the player who scored also get the 6 points. Since we agreed to do the 1 point for every 50 yards in returns, I think it should be fair to have the returner also get credit as well for scoring. I'm not sure how its currently set up on the site, which is why I am asking.

Just for as an example, Darren Sproles. Lets say he gets 4 carries for 20 yards, caught 3 passes for 37 yards and had 3 punt returns for 87 yards and a TD. Would he get 6 points or 12, giving the 6 he scored for the Eagles ST/Def.

I personally would like it to go for both for TD's..its only fair at least in my opinion.

Any one else care to comment, please do so...

Thanks

The receiver/running back who is a returner would get the 6 points if they score. Sproles would get 6 extra points for his TD.

I have a question,

Instead of making the divisions random, why not do them in numerical order?

#1 team, in div 1, #2 team in div 2, #3 team in div 3, #4 team in div 1, #5 team in div 2, and so on?

I feel that random is the way to go. Teams will at most have 2 keepers, with several keeping 1 or 0. Point is, the teams will be almost completely different. The #1 team from last year could be the worst team from this year. 

I don't want to start getting involved too much with that, because at the end of the day, it's the same difference. Plus, I already made the schedule based on these divisions. 

Andy in the case that they do not join do you need me to send you my E-mail address? 

Yes please PM me your email address. You'll get a join link soon after (to the email address).

Joe's league is officially full and ready to go. I just created the schedule as well. It will be a 13 game regular season with a 3 week playoff. It means you won't play everyone, but that's not a big deal.

Both leagues should stay tuned over the next few weeks. 

For the Elite League, Dustin has been sent his email. Us and Them will need to be sent his... what's his name on the forum?

"Helter Skelter" aka crazycolt will need to join too. 

Once that happens, we'll be complete in the Elite League and then I'll focus my attention on the Average Joe's league.

I thought I was already in. Send me another e-mail and I will take care of it.

For the Elite League, Dustin has been sent his email. Us and Them will need to be sent his... what's his name on the forum?

"Helter Skelter" aka crazycolt will need to join too. 

Once that happens, we'll be complete in the Elite League and then I'll focus my attention on the Average Joe's league.

US and Them is pacolts56

I know we talked about this before, but can we talk about rolling waivers?

IE, waivers starts out static, last person to draft gets #1 waiver, and then so on up the line, but once you put in a waiver request you go to the back of the line, and it does not reset weekly, it rolls this way the entire season, the person.

IMHO it makes waivers much more strategic, instead of just rewarding the person in last place with the #1 pick the coming week.

What is everyone else's take? Andy would you be open to change this?

I know we talked about this before, but can we talk about rolling waivers?

IE, waivers starts out static, last person to draft gets #1 waiver, and then so on up the line, but once you put in a waiver request you go to the back of the line, and it does not reset weekly, it rolls this way the entire season, the person.

IMHO it makes waivers much more strategic, instead of just rewarding the person in last place with the #1 pick the coming week.

What is everyone else's take? Andy would you be open to change this?

I am not in favor of this because injury reasons (like mine last year with Randall Cobb, Reggie Wayne, Owen Daniels, Steven Jackson etc. that were 4 out of my top 6 picks) caused me to scramble for replacements like crazy. Since I was winning a bit early on, I moved to the back of the waiver ranking which I was fine with. But once these injuries hit, I fell out of the top 3 or 4 but due to the waiver priority favoring me a bit over the top 4 teams, I was at least able to get some of the players I wanted. So, the system worked like it was supposed to helping me out when I dropped in the standings.

If you have a good roster and are a front runner, odds are you will make lesser waiver moves. Since we have a waiver priority within those fixed number waiver moves per week which is 6 per week right now (for example my No.2 priority player could be the No.1 priority player for someone else even if I am the weaker team and thus their priority wins out), it all evens out, IMO. We can't make the assumption that every single manager will have the same players marked as No.1 in the waiver priority due to varied needs at different positions and bye week considerations, so there is still some strategizing in waiver priority that can be done. That is why I feel it is fair.

I am used to rolling waivers so it does not matter to me. I can see the good and the bad in both...

Rolling allows for savvy managers to bolster there bench and replace downed starters.

Weekly reset promotes a more competitive equilibrium across the entire league by allowing slow starters a chance to reap some harvest.

If i had to choose... I would choose to keep it the way it is. I need to learn how to manage my team with different rules applied.

So what is the current waiver situation then?  Is it weekly reset (as in the last ranked team gets the #1 priority?)

I presume that if you do 2 moves then your #2 priority wavier goes behind everyone else's #1 priority even if you are in last?

So what is the current waiver situation then?  Is it weekly reset (as in the last ranked team gets the #1 priority?)

I presume that if you do 2 moves then your #2 priority wavier goes behind everyone else's #1 priority even if you are in last?

You get a maximum of 6 waiver moves per week (at least in Elite league). This accounts for injury situations and bye week kicker/defense situations too pretty well.

This is an example of how waiver claims work right now in any given week (re-set every week based on team standings in the league):

Team ranked #7 places waiver claim on player A as priority #1, player C as priority #2, player B as priority #3

Team ranked #1 places waiver claim on player A as priority #1, player B as priority #2, player C as priority #3

Team ranked #7 wins player A and player C. Team ranked #1 wins player B.

This assumes only 2 players are involved in the same 3 players, you can extrapolate how it works for all the teams in the league. If Team ranked #1 knows that player A will be highly wanted but wants to make sure he gets player B, he can elevate player B to priority #1 and might beat out all the other 11 teams by doing so.

So, even if the odds are stacked against the #1 team a bit for getting a highly coveted player A, he is #1 for a reason and the goal is to help the lower ranked teams get a first stab at that player A before he does. I feel that is fair and when the #1 team is down on his luck and becomes #5 or #6 later in the season (happened to me before my playoff run that allowed me to finish second as a #6 seed), he would appreciate the same benefits as a lower ranked team; it evens out, IMO.

I am not in favor of this because injury reasons (like mine last year with Randall Cobb, Reggie Wayne, Owen Daniels, Steven Jackson etc. that were 4 out of my top 6 picks) caused me to scramble for replacements like crazy. Since I was winning a bit early on, I moved to the back of the waiver ranking which I was fine with. But once these injuries hit, I fell out of the top 3 or 4 but due to the waiver priority favoring me a bit over the top 4 teams, I was at least able to get some of the players I wanted. So, the system worked like it was supposed to helping me out when I dropped in the standings.

If you have a good roster and are a front runner, odds are you will make lesser waiver moves. Since we have a waiver priority within those fixed number waiver moves per week which is 6 per week right now (for example my No.2 priority player could be the No.1 priority player for someone else even if I am the weaker team and thus their priority wins out), it all evens out, IMO. We can't make the assumption that every single manager will have the same players marked as No.1 in the waiver priority due to varied needs at different positions and bye week considerations, so there is still some strategizing in waiver priority that can be done. That is why I feel it is fair.

See, I am in the exact opposite favor, but for the same reason, I have a winning team, but am making no roster moves, then all of a sudden Julio Jones goes down with injury, the week after I can pick up Harry Douglas with my #1 Waiver priority that I was saving for such an occasion, but when I am winning and I lose a player I am almost 100% guaranteed to have a big hole on my roster. Which I think is more than fair. I don't think the last place team should get #1 priority over me because of their poor season in relation to my loss of a star player.

You get a maximum of 6 waiver moves per week (at least in Elite league). This accounts for injury situations and bye week kicker/defense situations too pretty well.

This is an example of how waiver claims work right now in any given week (re-set every week based on team standings in the league):

Team ranked #7 places waiver claim on player A as priority #1, player C as priority #2, player B as priority #3

Team ranked #1 places waiver claim on player A as priority #1, player B as priority #2, player C as priority #3

Team ranked #7 wins player A and player C. Team ranked #1 wins player B.

This assumes only 2 players are involved in the same 3 players, you can extrapolate how it works for all the teams in the league. If Team ranked #1 knows that player A will be highly wanted but wants to make sure he gets player B, he can elevate player B to priority #1 and might beat out all the other 11 teams by doing so.

So, even if the odds are stacked against the #1 team a bit for getting a highly coveted player A, he is #1 for a reason and the goal is to help the lower ranked teams get a first stab at that player A before he does. I feel that is fair and when the #1 team is down on his luck and becomes #5 or #6 later in the season (happened to me before my playoff run that allowed me to finish second as a #6 seed), he would appreciate the same benefits as a lower ranked team; it evens out, IMO.

Yeah that's pretty much what I figured.  If there are 4 teams it would look like

1. Team #4 - P - 1

2. Team #3 - P - 1

3. Team #2 - P - 1

4. Team #1 - P - 1

5. Team #4 - P - 2

6. Team #3 - P - 2

7. Team #2 - P - 2

8. Team #1 - P - 1

And so on.  

We did rolling waivers last year in the Colt Strong league and I have to say I like this better.  Even then though I have to say that I came back from 2nd to last place to place I believe #6 overall and 5th after the playoffs (of 14 teams) almost entirely on the strength of my waiver wire pickups.  

See, I am in the exact opposite favor, but for the same reason, I have a winning team, but am making no roster moves, then all of a sudden Julio Jones goes down with injury, the week after I can pick up Harry Douglas with my #1 Waiver priority that I was saving for such an occasion, but when I am winning and I lose a player I am almost 100% guaranteed to have a big hole on my roster. Which I think is more than fair. I don't think the last place team should get #1 priority over me because of their poor season in relation to my loss of a star player.

Loss of star players is why we all build depth on our roster. A lot of us invest in our star RB handcuffs for that reason. If you are still winning despite a star player going down, kudos to you because you have built the depth that allows you to continue to win.

To me, the only place where it gets murky is the first 6 weeks where a 4-2 over 3-3 means nothing in terms of determining a winning team. That is where I'd be fine with doing a rolling waivers till week 6 and then the next 7 weeks, based on standings which get more defined as the season moves along. The best waiver moves like Alfred Morris 3 years ago or a Stevan Ridley 2 years ago or Keenan Allen a year ago normally happen within the first 6 weeks and a rolling waiver till week 6 might help out till then??? Injuries, no week cutoff is going to be good at predicting those.

Ultimately, it is Andy's call.

Loss of star players is why we all build depth on our roster. A lot of us invest in our star RB handcuffs for that reason. If you are still winning despite a star player going down, kudos to you because you have built the depth that allows you to continue to win.

To me, the only place where it gets murky is the first 6 weeks where a 4-2 over 3-3 means nothing in terms of determining a winning team. That is where I'd be fine with doing a rolling waivers till week 6 and then the next 7 weeks, based on standings which get more defined as the season moves along. The best waiver moves like Alfred Morris 3 years ago or a Stevan Ridley 2 years ago or Keenan Allen a year ago normally happen within the first 6 weeks and a rolling waiver till week 6 might help out till then??? Injuries, no week cutoff is going to be good at predicting those.

Ultimately, it is Andy's call.

For last year it's a toss up between Keenan Allen and Nick Foles. (I had drafted Brady and Brady's fantasy numbers where terrible last year.)  Fortunately I got both, which is one of the reasons I came back from 13th place to #5.  

For last year it's a toss up between Keenan Allen and Nick Foles. (I had drafted Brady and Brady's fantasy numbers where terrible last year.)  Fortunately I got both, which is one of the reasons I came back from 13th place to #5.  

I got Nick Foles on waivers and it was a big reason I finished 2nd in my league.

However, I was one of those few who had Tony Romo on the bench vs the Broncos and Nick Foles on the bench just after I picked him up vs the Raiders on the bench, missing out on 2 huge production games :(. I did learn that if you have 2 QBs, you do not have a QB and never benched Foles after that game again and played him over Romo. My initial QBs were Vick and Romo. My fascination with Vick cost me a few games dearly.

But more than that, IR for Cobb, Wayne, Owen Daniels, David Wilson and injuries to SJax cost me more. When both your high pick wideouts go on IR, you know you are cursed. The previous year, it was McGahee and Gronkowski to IR. I feel like I am a replica of the Colts in terms of injury history to my FF roster, LOL.

As for waivers, I have always had the same system and not one person has ever said anything negative about it, so we're going to keep it. 

The system is based on the standings during the season. The team in last place during the season has 1st priority and the guy in first place has final priority. I'm not into that random crap, because it could benefit some of the better teams. The point is to make everything even and fair.

SilentHill I appreciate your input, but not only is that system very complex, but it's a bit weird and I'm not sure Yahoo or any system can handle or have a system like that. So, I would have to respectfully decline having a system like that.

The amount of waiver acquisitions allowed during a week will be 4 for this year, and it will be at 60 for the season. However, if you have a legitimate reason (injury, byes) and you have reached the max, I will give you one extra move that week. I'm not a dictator, I just don't want everyone going wild, especially in the first few weeks, grabbing anything they can like it's an all you can eat buffet.

Oh, and I've seen some cases where a guy had about 12 waiver pickups in a season and had a very competitive team in a competitive league. Waiver pickups are important but worry about drafting well first.

I'm not closing the door on this completely, but I can tell you right now that complex systems will be declined because most likely, the Yahoo system (or any system lol) will not be able to use it. 

Hope this helps, I'm loving the interest in the league. My goal last year was to have an enjoyable league that people and first-timers can enjoy. Now, that everyone has experience in this league, I want to build up the strategic part of it (hence the reduction of waiver acquisitions per week for example). I'm telling you right now, this league will require careful and strategic planning as well as some dedication in order to be a good team. Both leagues will be harder this year. With that being said, it will be fun and there's no pressure to go crazy week after week.

Please fire away with any other questions. 

EDIT: Forgot to add that it's a weekly rolling list with one waiver claim moving you to the back of the line. Can't let the bottom guys snatch up 4 great players (which usually happens in the first 2 weeks).

As for waivers, I have always had the same system and not one person has ever said anything negative about it, so we're going to keep it. 

The system is based on the standings during the season. The team in last place during the season has 1st priority and the guy in first place has final priority. I'm not into that random crap, because it could benefit some of the better teams. The point is to make everything even and fair.

SilentHill I appreciate your input, but not only is that system very complex, but it's a bit weird and I'm not sure Yahoo or any system can handle or have a system like that. So, I would have to respectfully decline having a system like that.

The amount of waiver acquisitions allowed during a week will be 4 for this year, and it will be at 60 for the season. However, if you have a legitimate reason (injury, byes) and you have reached the max, I will give you one extra move that week. I'm not a dictator, I just don't want everyone going wild, especially in the first few weeks, grabbing anything they can like it's an all you can eat buffet.

Oh, and I've seen some cases where a guy had about 12 waiver pickups in a season and had a very competitive team in a competitive league. Waiver pickups are important but worry about drafting well first.

I'm not closing the door on this completely, but I can tell you right now that complex systems will be declined because most likely, the Yahoo system (or any system lol) will not be able to use it. 

Hope this helps, I'm loving the interest in the league. My goal last year was to have an enjoyable league that people and first-timers can enjoy. Now, that everyone has experience in this league, I want to build up the strategic part of it (hence the reduction of waiver acquisitions per week for example). I'm telling you right now, this league will require careful and strategic planning as well as some dedication in order to be a good team. Both leagues will be harder this year. With that being said, it will be fun and there's no pressure to go crazy week after week.

Please fire away with any other questions. 

EDIT: Forgot to add that it's a weekly rolling list with one waiver claim moving you to the back of the line. Can't let the bottom guys snatch up 4 great players (which usually happens in the first 2 weeks).

Andy,

My system is the Yahoo default ;)

which is option A in the yahoo FAQ:

If waivers are enabled, all players dropped from a team's roster are immediately placed on a waiting period from zero to seven days to give all managers a chance to claim those players. Choose the waiver processing option best suited for your league.

In a normal waivers systems, waiver priority determines which manager's request is processed first.

• Continual rolling list: waiver claims are processed in waiver priority order and each successful claim moves a manager to the end of the waiver priority list
  • Reverse order of standings: waiver claims are processed in reverse order of standings and successful claims do not affect waiver priority list
  • Weekly rolling list based on standings: waiver claims are processed in reverse order of standings and each successful claim moves a manager to the end of the waiver priority list

I'm just saying I think it's more fair to roll the waivers this way, that way the waiver wire becomes a strategy, essentially not forcing you to handcuff players if you keep a high waiver priority, instead it is more like a handicap, allowing the bottom place teams to get better players on their roster due to dumb luck. If this is really a competitive league, then i'm not sure we need to give people a handicap.

Oh, either way, I think most are in favor of what we have now and I think our system is fairer.

We can agree to disagree, I think it's fairer to reward those who do not make a lot of waiver claims, instead of rewarding it based on how poorly you are performing.

That was written over a month ago. You're in already.

Andy,

If waivers are enabled, all players dropped from a team's roster are immediately placed on a waiting period from zero to seven days to give all managers a chance to claim those players. Choose the waiver processing option best suited for your league.

In a normal waivers systems, waiver priority determines which manager's request is processed first.

• Continual rolling list: waiver claims are processed in waiver priority order and each successful claim moves a manager to the end of the waiver priority list
  • Reverse order of standings: waiver claims are processed in reverse order of standings and successful claims do not affect waiver priority list
  • Weekly rolling list based on standings: waiver claims are processed in reverse order of standings and each successful claim moves a manager to the end of the waiver priority list

I'm just saying I think it's more fair to roll the waivers this way, that way the waiver wire becomes a strategy, essentially not forcing you to handcuff players if you keep a high waiver priority, instead it is more like a handicap, allowing the bottom place teams to get better players on their roster due to dumb luck. If this is really a competitive league, then i'm not sure we need to give people a handicap.

Andy,

Dumb luck? Everyone has the same opportunity to use the waiver wire. It's up to you if you choose to use a roster spot for handcuffs. With the amount of total teams in the league there are very few players that will help you win available on the waivers. The only luck involved is you making a pick up and that player does end up doing good. You speak of luck? The whole fantasy football leagues are based on luck. 

Dumb luck? Everyone has the same opportunity to use the waiver wire. It's up to you if you choose to use a roster spot for handcuffs. With the amount of total teams in the league there are very few players that will help you win available on the waivers. The only luck involved is you making a pick up and that player does end up doing good. You speak of luck? The whole fantasy football leagues are based on luck. 

It's still a system that rewards poor performance, over a system that would reward owners that made strategic waiver claims. There is no strategy to picking up a #3 receiver after the #1 goes down with injury, it's just dumb luck. We all know that is not the purpose for bench players anyway, you need bench players to cover your bye weeks, or else everyone would have their respective players handcuff.