Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Predict the trade

So there's definitely going to be a Colts trade in the draft. There always is, especially with Grigson making all the calls, so it's only a matter of time before you hear Goodell announcing the change.

My question is, what do you think the trade(s) will be, and when? I know it's a wild goose chase, but who knows? Maybe one of us will be semi-close to what actually happens.

I predict we will swap third round picks with the Lions, and give in next year's third rounder, and select Trai Turner.

That's my prediction. What's yours?

I try to avoid predicting what Grigson does. No matter, I think he will do his best to bring in players who the Colts will benefit from. So far he has done a good job with all things considered. I know some are not happy with some of the moves but that's the life of a general manager. It would be hard to top his first draft.

if we trade up with how little picks we have im going to be furious. 

If something happens it would be hard to be furious till it all pans out. We can whine or complain all we want but it wouldn't be of no use. I do know one thing, I wouldn't want his job with too many second guessing his every move. I am sure he does enough of that on his own.

I think Burl's Kid's is probably right.....   that Grigson will probably trade a 2015 pick for a '14 pick.

I just don't know which round.    I hope it's a mid-round pick and not an early pick, but you never know with Grigson.

I think even more likely is the chance that we'll trade down -- at least a little -- in the 2nd round and try and trade down -- again, at least a little -- in the 3rd round.    That's the only things that make sense to me.    Trade down and pick up more picks.

So there's definitely going to be a Colts trade in the draft. There always is, especially with Grigson making all the calls, so it's only a matter of time before you hear Goodell announcing the change.

My question is, what do you think the trade(s) will be, and when? I know it's a wild goose chase, but who knows? Maybe one of us will be semi-close to what actually happens.

I predict we will swap third round picks with the Lions, and give in next year's third rounder, and select Trai Turner.

I will pray to every God in every religion that exists that that will not happen.

I'm going to predict we trade down from our 3rd round pick to get a mid 4th and 5th. It seems like Grigson was very keen on trading down in his press conference with the media. I think that's the plan and Grigson is tired of being short on picks year after year and he has learned from his mistakes. I expect a trade down and we keep all of next year's picks.

If we trade a pick in next year's draft, I really hope we do not combine it with a pick this year. For example, if we trade a #3 pick next year, I hope it is for a #4 this year. Trade a pick for a pick.

That being said, I really hope we do not trade any picks next year. The 2015 draft will be strong, particularly at WR.

I have a few trades I can see happening:

-Trading a future pick to get a 4th this year

-Trading back in the 3rd for an extra 4th

-Trading up for Bucannon or Ward

-Trading a 6th and 7th for a 5th

I see one or 2 trades like that happening on Thursday

I predict this:

Either Jimmie Ward ( quite possible actually) or Deone Bucannon (also possible) will fall to our spot at 59. We take whose there at 59.

Then in the 3rd, out of fear he may be taken before our pick ( a lot of teams either has a need or have scouted this guy), Grigson may trade up for Marcus Smith.

I wouldn't mind if this took place.  

I'm going to predict we trade down from our 3rd round pick to get a mid 4th and 5th. It seems like Grigson was very keen on trading down in his press conference with the media. I think that's the plan and Grigson is tired of being short on picks year after year and he has learned from his mistakes. I expect a trade down and we keep all of next year's picks.

He was just as keen on trading up. And i don`t believe he thinks trading up for TR, TY OR Montori was a Mistake.

I like several Guards that will be available in the 3rd. And No Problem moving up to get a guy Grigs really wants.

Our 3rd and next years 3rd could get us up pretty early in the 3rd, higher than Detroit maybe.

Turner lacks Center experience so i don`t think he is the guy.

Couple of trades for our 2/27 that make the most sense point-wise and is pretty fair for both sides via the draft chart chable.  Here's what we could conceivably get:

SEA - 2/32 and 4/32 - trade favors no team at 0 points

CLE - 3/7 and 4/6 - trade favors Indy by 7 points

DEN - 3/31 and 4/31 - trade favors Indy by 7 points

JAX - 3/6 and 4/14 - trade favors JAX by 7 points