Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ball State CB Jeff Garret, April 16 Colts Workout

how come the ravens insider knows so much about us?  :thinking:  :dunno: 

He's kinda life Adam Schefter or Ian Rapoport. I'd probably rank him 3rd behind those 2 in breaking news and insider access

He's kinda life Adam Schefter or Ian Rapoport. I'd probably rank him 3rd behind those 2 in breaking news and insider access

This dude breaks the smallest of news stories as well, whereas Schefter and Rap cover basically mid-high tier level deals. I'm pretty sure this guy updates when players are cut from the practice squad lol.

Not that I pretend to know every player....   I certainly don't.

But I never heard of Jeff Garrett of Ball State until today.

And he's not the first guy we've brought in for a work out that I know little or nothing about.

So, when the Colts are linked to a player like that, I assume we're targeting them for the 6th or 7th round, or more likely, Free Agency.

The guys we're looking at for rounds 2/3/5 should be obvious to everyone.....

Not that I pretend to know every player....   I certainly don't.

But I never heard of Jeff Garrett of Ball State until today.

And he's not the first guy we've brought in for a work out that I know little or nothing about.

So, when the Colts are linked to a player like that, I assume we're targeting them for the 6th or 7th round, or more likely, Free Agency.

The guys we're looking at for rounds 2/3/5 should be obvious to everyone.....

2nd Team All-MAC

2nd Team All-MAC

Thanks.

Got it.

Like I said,  rounds 6, 7 or free agent.

NOTE:   Just to be safe, I just checked him out on both NFL.com and ESPN.com

On the NFL.com page with all Ball State players, and the page with all the cornerbacks of all schools, Garrett isn't listed on either.

On the ESPN.com page he's listed on the Ball State team page and he's listed on the cornerbacks page.

He's the 85th ranked corner.    5'9" 185 with an estimated 40 of 4.55

Feels very free agent-like to me..........

EDIT:   Apologies to Princeton Tiger....   I hope my post didn't come across too snarky.   Was not trying to give you a hard-time.    Only trying to give some background on the kid.   Hey, we have a level of interest.  There's no denying that.    The question is......   how much interest?    I was only trying to address that.

Hope that clarifies.........

Thanks.

Got it.

Like I said,  rounds 6, 7 or free agent.

NOTE:   Just to be safe, I just checked him out on both NFL.com and ESPN.com

On the NFL.com page with all Ball State players, and the page with all the cornerbacks of all schools, Garrett isn't listed on either.

On the ESPN.com page he's listed on the Ball State team page and he's listed on the cornerbacks page.

He's the 85th ranked corner.    5'9" 185 with an estimated 40 of 4.55

Feels very free agent-like to me..........

EDIT:   Apologies to Princeton Tiger....   I hope my post didn't come across too snarky.   Was not trying to give you a hard-time.    Only trying to give some background on the kid.   Hey, we have a level of interest.  There's no denying that.    The question is......   how much interest?    I was only trying to address that.

Hope that clarifies.........

I hadn't heard of him either

I was thinking that, why would we workout Fuller when it's unlikely that he will fall to us?

We're just exploring all options I presume. Maybe he floors us and if he falls enough we do trade up? Not likely, but you gotta check out everything. And I doubt GMs really pay attention to the media's mock drafts so who really knows where we think Fuller is going?

We're just exploring all options I presume. Maybe he floors us and if he falls enough we do trade up? Not likely, but you gotta check out everything. And I doubt GMs really pay attention to the media's mock drafts so who really knows where we think Fuller is going?

The only thing I can figure is a trade up or that the media is way over rating where Fuller will be selected.

They may not pay attention to the media's Mock Drafts but at the same time they have to be somewhat aware of where a player will be selected and what their chances are of actually being able to draft that player.  

I actually think Garret is a bit of a sleeper as a dime back who might work best in the slot. He's not slow, but he's more quick than fast, understands positioning and has solid hands.  I think he has enough skill to be considered in the back end of the draft.

He's a home state workout, so he's a freebie to bring in. I'm from Muncie, the same city as Ball State is in, so I've seen a bit of him.