Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New Coaching Staff (Merge)

LUVTHESHOE

Oh heck Let's just put Jim Tressell in as interim head coach! We need a shakeup to get the players and the staff attention. We are sleep walking through this season. Something has to give. It is not that we are losing it is how we are losing. I can't even remember the last time the offense scored a TD.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need to listen to one voice and ignore all the noisy negativists.Most of our errors are correctable.What the pundits and talking heads don't understand is we have been in all but 2or 3 of our games.A play here and a play there and we are 7-3.Coach Caldwell is doing a fine job.We will shrug off all the rats out to sea and finish strong.

Oh heck Let's just put Jim Tressell in as interim head coach! We need a shakeup to get the players and the staff attention. We are sleep walking through this season. Something has to give. It is not that we are losing it is how we are losing. I can't even remember the last time the offense scored a TD.

I think Wayne has quit,he is running routes lazy as heck.These so-called superstars on our team have shown what they are made of,quitters.

We need to listen to one voice and ignore all the noisy negativists.Most of our errors are correctable.What the pundits and talking heads don't understand is we have been in all but 2or 3 of our games.A play here and a play there and we are 7-3.Coach Caldwell is doing a fine job.We will shrug off all the rats out to sea and finish strong.

I beg to differ on almost every point you made. We haven't been in a position to win more than two of the games we've played. Our correctable errors are not being corrected, every week we have the same stupid false starts, stupid play from Lacy and special teams in general, and stupid play calling. Open your eyes man!!!

I beg to differ on almost every point you made. We haven't been in a position to win more than two of the games we've played. Our correctable errors are not being corrected, every week we have the same stupid false starts, stupid play from Lacy and special teams in general, and stupid play calling. Open your eyes man!!!

I'm kidding,just giving my Polian impression,lol :D

I agree, I'd even entertain Elmo over Caldwell at this point. Grover could be the D.C. and Big Bird could be the O.C.

I can see it now. "Hey Coach, we're 4 and 2, should we go for it?" Elmo talks it over with his staff, and you can hear a muffled "Near.........FAR........Near.......FAR!" as grover is running back and forth.

1. Luck won't make this offense hum, because the playbook belongs to Manning. Luck will be no better than Painter out there, and he hasn't proven anything. He was also pretty terrible on the biggest stage of his career, last night.

2. Is this coach going to be available next year? What makes anyone think he'd come here?

1. Luck won't make this offense hum, because the playbook belongs to Manning. Luck will be no better than Painter out there, and he hasn't proven anything. He was also pretty terrible on the biggest stage of his career, last night.

2. Is this coach going to be available next year? What makes anyone think he'd come here?

Playbook belongs to Manning? Ok that is why we suck is because our team is built around manning and when he goes down our team goes down, we need to rebuild an Luck is a great QB. And just because he had a bad game doesnt mean squat. Manning played crappier games in college. We need to rebuild and calling Luck no better than Painter is the most ignorant and stupid thing ive heard on this forum ever.

did you not see the drive where he took his team down the field and scored after throwing a pick? and could have made a great comeback if his wrs could catch the ball

Mr. Irsay please make the move that has to be made. Why wait? The time is now, enough of the excuses on spin doctoring. Jim Caldwell is destroying a once proud team. I truly believe that this team deserves a real nfl coach. Mr. Caldwell has done his job and basically won us the first pick. As a true fan who does and will continue to spend my money watching this team, show us that you care.FIRE THIS CLOWN. By the way if you are football fan and get anything about the game and can still defend this coach, you need to find another sport to follow.

No it's not.

If we fire him who is going to coach the team? They aren't going to get a coach to come in and take over a 0-10 team so they are probably going to end up with a coach to fill in for the season. What are our best options for that? Coyer or Christison? You really think that is going to make a big difference? They could go to Tressel but he has never coached an NFL game in his life and has been around this team for 3 weeks you can't tell me he honestly knows the team well enough to be put in as the head coach right now.

Frankly the best option is to let Caldwell finish the season. Then you are going to see what all coaches are out there (because there are going to be more cut loose and if the Colts wanted a college guy like the 49ers got in Harbaugh you need to wait till the end of the season) and frankly know the Colts will know future of Manning then. Let's be honest rather Peyton comes back or not is going to have a large impact on direction we got with the team and frankly what kind of coach we want. It could also impact a coaches choice to come here or not. If they know they are going to get a healthy Peyton Manning that makes the Colts job much more attractive.

Coyer or Christison? You really think that is going to make a big difference? They could go to Tressel but he has never coached an NFL game in his life and has been around this team for 3 weeks you can't tell me he honestly knows the team well enough to be put in as the head coach right now.

If they fire Caldwell, it might give them more time to negotiate with some of the bigger names out there. The sooner we can come to terms with someone the better off we will be. Of course no one will come in to finish this season, but we may be able to get a coach in place as soon as the off season starts.

No it's not.

If we fire him who is going to coach the team? They aren't going to get a coach to come in and take over a 0-10 team so they are probably going to end up with a coach to fill in for the season. What are our best options for that? Coyer or Christison? You really think that is going to make a big difference? They could go to Tressel but he has never coached an NFL game in his life and has been around this team for 3 weeks you can't tell me he honestly knows the team well enough to be put in as the head coach right now.

Frankly the best option is to let Caldwell finish the season. Then you are going to see what all coaches are out there (because there are going to be more cut loose and if the Colts wanted a college guy like the 49ers got in Harbaugh you need to wait till the end of the season) and frankly know the Colts will know future of Manning then. Let's be honest rather Peyton comes back or not is going to have a large impact on direction we got with the team and frankly what kind of coach we want. It could also impact a coaches choice to come here or not. If they know they are going to get a healthy Peyton Manning that makes the Colts job much more attractive.

WRONG! If it does'nt matter why keep Caldwell?Give anybody the headset. There is damage being done to the fan base in case you have not noticed, and no it is just not me. Read a paper or watch the news. This is a business if your customers dont like your leader they wont support your brand.

we got beat by a pathetic team today. Are you telling me we can't put a friggin red-zone offensive drive together. I just wanted payton to enter the game just for one series and drive us down the field (like i know he would), and score a TD. Our red-zone offense is unbelievable, incredible, ridiculous.

If they fire Caldwell, it might give them more time to negotiate with some of the bigger names out there. The sooner we can come to terms with someone the better off we will be. Of course no one will come in to finish this season, but we may be able to get a coach in place as soon as the off season starts.

We aren't going to gain much on that front because any talk with a future coach is going to start with "what's the status of Peyton Manning?" That's something we don't know right now. Also, coaches aren't going to talk to you till there is an opening and yes that includes with a coach who is just there to finish the season. It's what coaches do.

WRONG! If it does'nt matter why keep Caldwell?Give anybody the headset. There is damage being done to the fan base in case you have not noticed, and no it is just not me. Read a paper or watch the news. This is a business if your customers dont like your leader they wont support your brand.

Did the Colts sell out today? Yes they did, that's all the Colts care about in terms of the fans. If Manning comes back and we start winning again the fans are going to be just fine regardless of who the coach is. The fans are mad because the team is losing not because Jim Caldwell is the head coach. Firing Jim Caldwell right now and replacing him with a place holder till the end of the year isn't going to fix the winning thing.

We aren't going to gain much on that front because any talk with a future coach is going to start with "what's the status of Peyton Manning?" That's something we don't know right now. Also, coaches aren't going to talk to you till there is an opening and yes that includes with a coach who is just there to finish the season. It's what coaches do.

This a heck of a city with a owner who will spend money, a great fan base, the best stadium. I think you are wrong a ton of coaches would want this job. Either way you have Peyton or the 1st pick. nd lets not forget a few other pro bowlers. I think alot of people are really underestimating how bad our coaching is.

Did the Colts sell out today? Yes they did, that's all the Colts care about in terms of the fans. If Manning comes back and we start winning again the fans are going to be just fine regardless of who the coach is. The fans are mad because the team is losing not because Jim Caldwell is the head coach. Firing Jim Caldwell right now and replacing him with a place holder till the end of the year isn't going to fix the winning thing.

No but it will show you are aware there is a major problem. We got wacked today by a team with a horrible coach a rookie qb who threw for 120 yards. Enough said.

This a heck of a city with a owner who will spend money, a great fan base, the best stadium. I think you are wrong a ton of coaches would want this job. Either way you have Peyton or the 1st pick. nd lets not forget a few other pro bowlers. I think alot of people are really underestimating how bad our coaching is.

Yeah and how are the other pro-bowlers looking without Manning? One is playing at a pro-bowl level and that is Jeff Saturday. Wayne, Clark, Freeney, Mathis, and Bethea are all having subpar seasons.

Make no mistake having a healthy Peyton Manning who has proven to be one of the greatest players in the history of the league make this job much more tempting than having to rebuild even with a guy like Andrew Luck sitting in your lap.

• No but it will show you are aware there is a major problem. We got wacked today by a team with a horrible coach a rookie qb who threw for 120 yards. Enough said.
    All you have to do is listen to them talk to understand that they know there is a major problem. I just don't think firing Jim Caldwell right now is going to fix that major problem. If anything I think it could make it worse till the end of the season. Frankly the major problem right now is we don't have a QB and that isn't something that is going to be fixed no matter who the head coach is.

• All you have to do is listen to them talk to understand that they know there is a major problem. I just don't think firing Jim Caldwell right now is going to fix that major problem. If anything I think it could make it worse till the end of the season. Frankly the major problem right now is we don't have a QB and that isn't something that is going to be fixed no matter who the head coach is.

How in the **** could it be worse. LOL

How in the **** could it be worse. LOL

you realy want to watch a head coach who has zero head coaching expereince and frankly isn't ready to be a head coach or a guy who has been around the players for three weeks and has zero expereince as a head coach in the NFL go up against BB in a couple of weeks?

you realy want to watch a head coach who has zero head coaching expereince and frankly isn't ready to be a head coach or a guy who has been around the players for three weeks and has zero expereince as a head coach in the NFL go up against BB in a couple of weeks?

We have had that for 2 years and 10 games. I want Caldwell dismissed at the end of the season, and we do not have a viable interim candidate like Dallas did when they canned Phillips during the season. Let Caldwell ride it out, take his .500 and go home and start the search ASAP after game #16.

Irsay could have a twitter contest for the coach of the week, and they would have to try to be worse that what we have had this year!

the good coaches can move on from injuries. I know we lost peyton, but look and Belichek in New England. He has lost his starting quarterback twice and has lead his team to a winning record ( Bledsoe and Brady). The good coaches move on from these even how good the player you lost was. And the play calling is horrible. You have the back up qb in and the running game is actually working why isnt donald or delone getting 25 to 30 carries a game. Whoever is your go to guy for that game should get a good amount of carries, because we have all seen what happens to painter when he is throwing all the time. I didnt get to watch sunday but donald had great stats at half but only had 11 carries, if one of your backs is running well jump on his back and enjoy the ride. Leave your thoughts id like to see what other people think

Agree Caldwell should go. Part of the problem, and why Donald only had eleven rushes, is that the Colts had false starts on at least 4 plays, and holding a time or two for good measure. So in essence, we took ourselves out of a running position. Coaches have an impact on discipline, and it doesn't take a genius to see that Caldwell doesn't place much emphasis on it.

Whether Irsay fires Caldwell, the Polians, Croyer -- or anyone else -- or not, is probably a moot point, at this point in time. Whether Peyton Manning comes back or its Andrew Luck, or someone else, that doesn't change much either. At this point, it just doesn't matter. The Colts are fundamentally ruined as a football team. You can't replace the whole team, because many of the talented players (especially Freeney and Mathis) have gone feral, playing by the seat of their pants, and that won't work in the NFL. Assuming anyone in the organization wants change, it will take five to ten years (and some luck (no pun intended) with drafting and free agency). We saw this with San Francisco, Oakland, Dallas, Denver, and St. Louis. The only team that has escaped (so far) is New England (the verdict is out on New Orleans, but it doesn't look promising).

Fans can rant about it, players can have closed door meetings, owners can tweet about it, that won't change anything. Get used to it until the entire team culture changes, and that takes time.

GREAT BP Impression! lol

1. You must did not watch the game and only watched the highlights. Despite some mistakes, the loss was more on the team than Luck (sounds familiar?). Luck actually had a pretty ok game despite the couple of mistakes he made. He looked poised, calm, stood in the pocket, and made for the most part very strong throws.

2. At this point, what difference would it be with an interim HC and caldwell?

• All you have to do is listen to them talk to understand that they know there is a major problem. I just don't think firing Jim Caldwell right now is going to fix that major problem. If anything I think it could make it worse till the end of the season. Frankly the major problem right now is we don't have a QB and that isn't something that is going to be fixed no matter who the head coach is.

very true but i will be surprised if major coaching changes arent made in the offseason, if not Caldwell, Coyer for sure