Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who would run the team if Irsay is suspended?

azcolt

Clearly, Peyton's neck will enforce retirement, and he'll be installed as the temporary 'owner', making way for his return to his spiritual home......

You heard it here first.

Gramz, you know where the like button is!!

haha   you know I'm not ready for him to retire just yet......

His daughters don't just work for the organization, they are all owners along with Jim already.  If you look in the gameday program books (or the Staff page on the Colts.com site), Jim is listed as Owner & CEO while his daughters are all listed as Vice Chair/Owner.

Carlie Irsay-Gordon (33) is in charge now. According to the media she's been participating in the owners meetings for the past 10 years and she did internships with the Colts. She moved recently from Chicago to Indianapolis with her husband and 3 children. 

The girl In the picture posted above is Casey Irsay-Foyt, the younger daughter.

Good to see Mrs. Irsay-Gordon take over, and I wish her luck. She was poised to take over the team down the road... but it has to be tough to be put into under such circumstances. The women of the family are all business minded , and have their heads on straight for lack of a better term. Thumbs up.

She is probably one of if not the youngest owners ever.

Depending on how the felony charges, etc. work out , I think it is probable Irsay may get a Steinbrenner type suspension. Most of these family businesses, even in the NFL, are professionally managed, so I don't think things will run any better or worse. This would actually be good training for his younger daughter, albeit under trying circumstances. As far as Jim goes, the emphasis should be on getting healthy and clean , and get his legal problems behind him, before worrying about NFL business. Drug addiction is life and death, the NFL is a game. I don't think losing draft picks would be appropriate here. The man has only hurt himself. Again, you don't kick people to the ground, you try to help them.

Good to see Mrs. Irsay-Gordon take over, and I wish her luck. She was poised to take over the team down the road... but it has to be tough to be put into under such circumstances. The women of the family are all business minded , and have their heads on straight for lack of a better term. Thumbs up.

She is probably one of if not the youngest owners ever.

Really?  The only article I've ever seen on the topic was an interview during which Jim made the announcement that he would be handing the team over to Casey when he retires...not Carlie.  That was several years ago and obviously plans could have changed but I hadn't seen anything official about it.

Really?  The only article I've ever seen on the topic was an interview during which Jim made the announcement that he would be handing the team over to Casey when he retires...not Carlie.  That was several years ago and obviously plans could have changed but I hadn't seen anything official about it.

The thing is from articles I have seen all signs point to Carlie Irsay-Gordon because she has been representing the team at owner meetings for the last 10 years. Of course,most articles I have been reading downplay her role say things "like the team can run itself in Mr. Irsay's absence," but such a move could have big implications for this franchise later on down the road.

Carlie Irsay-Gordon (33) is in charge now. According to the media she's been participating in the owners meetings for the past 10 years and she did internships with the Colts. She moved recently from Chicago to Indianapolis with her husband and 3 children. 

The girl In the picture posted above is Casey Irsay-Foyt, the younger daughter.

I didn't know that she's been at the owners meetings for 10 years.....

......that's good to hear..she's getting ready to take over for the old man....and that's the way it should be in a family business