Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Show Some Respect For Peyton

antipatriot

I am seeing fans with Luck jerseys on, signs about Luck etc. REALLY people Peyton is still our guy until further notice, he built everything we have been for the last decade and without him we would have been a bottom feeder or maybe middle of the road.

Do some of you really want to forget him that fast? I understand we are in a bad situation but nothing is over with Peyton yet.

Anyway I just think it is sad and disrespectful to make a forgone conclusion about the greatest QB ever, and this year proves that he actually is because most teams would at least win a game without there super star, we are not even in alot of games.

Hopefully Peyton comes back and we win another trophy with him.

Shame on the guy with the Luck jersey

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right because the people on here posting during the game are the ones wearing the Luck jersey at a game. People can spend their money on whatever they want. If they want a Luck jersey more power to them. Don't get hung up in what Mora was saying during the game, that's the only Colts game he's going to watch all year and the only attention he's going to pay us all year. If anyone who really followed this team would quickly realize the fanbase still loves Peyton and haven't forgotten him. Notice it's not Colts fans saying we should trade Manning. Fans understand what they have in Manning and want him back pretty bad. With that said, I think most of us understand Manning isn't going to play forever so if we can take Luck this year why not welcome him with open arms? The Colts could very well do something that is beyond hard to do, follow up one great QB with another.

Edited by GoColts8818

Even as a Falcon fan, that was sad to see. Manning is one of the best in the NFL and has meant so much to the Colts. Injuries happen to every team, every year. Its sad to see such a great player get disrespected like that. Its also disrespectful to painter who is out their trying and to get the team behind him. Everyone gets its a tough year, but the media isnt doing you all any favors by putting them on TV for everyone to see.

Notice it's not Colts fans saying we should trade Manning.

I have to disagree with this. I have seen fans say trade Peyton, not saying it is the majority but it has been posted on this board.

I also think it is disrespectful, and I thought so before Mora said anything. Yes they can wear whatever they want and buy whatever they want, it is something I personally would not do though.

To me it is a slap in the face to the team I support.

Right because the people on here posting during the game are the ones wearing the Luck jersey at a game. People can spend their money on whatever they want. If they want a Luck jersey more power to them. Don't get hung up in what Mora was saying during the game, that's the only Colts game he's going to watch all year and the only attention he's going to pay us all year. If anyone who really followed this team would quickly realize the fanbase still loves Peyton and haven't forgotten him. Notice it's not Colts fans saying we should trade Manning. Fans understand what they have in Manning and want him back pretty bad. With that said, I think most of us understand Manning isn't going to play forever so if we can take Luck this year why not welcome him with open arms? The Colts could very well do something that is beyond hard to do, follow up one great QB with another.

Mora was going overboard with the "what have you done for me lately," talk concerning Peyton. As you said, this fan base loves Petyon. However, I think that the Luck Jerseys lack class. You don't root for the next guy while the guy is still on our roster and the GOAT.

Mora was going overboard with the "what have you done for me lately," talk concerning Peyton. As you said, this fan base loves Petyon. However, I think that the Luck Jerseys lack class. You don't root for the next guy while the guy is still on our roster and the GOAT.

Not something I would do personaly, but if the guy wants to spend his money on it and then go buy a ticket to a game and stay that late in a blow out he's clearly a fan and he can do whatever he wants with his money. I think he could end up looking really dumb if some how we don't end up with the first pick or heaven forbid Luck looks at the Colts and says you know I'll just go back for my senior year because I don't want to sit for four years or makes the Colts trade him or something. It's kinda counting your ducks before they hatch.

I have to disagree with this. I have seen fans say trade Peyton, not saying it is the majority but it has been posted on this board.

I also think it is disrespectful, and I thought so before Mora said anything. Yes they can wear whatever they want and buy whatever they want, it is something I personally would not do though.

Which is my point, you are always going to have a group of people who are doing to say something silly like that, however like you said the majority aren't for it which is what I was getting at.

Peyton = the Colts. Luck = still in freakin college. Look at all the off field things Peyton has done for Indianapolis! I don't even live in Indy and i can see it. Bunch of spoiled little brats. What this man has done for this team and the town. Those wearing Lucky jerseys should be taken out and have the smack laid down. Could you get anymore disrespectful.

Those Luck jerseys say nothing about Manning. This season shows how great Manning is and how overrated Polian is.

Manning would have this team at 7-2 at the very least despite Caldwell and despite having no defense.

It may not be personally against Peyton, but it is a team slam imo. To get the #1 pick in the draft you have to be the worst out there.

An idea I will not support.

Yeah I don't know why * would be wearing Luck jerseys. It would make me laugh at all the people that bought them though if Luck demanded a trade or the Colts started winning, it would be like good job *

Under no circumstances would I ever show disrespect to the Colts organization in general especially @ a game. My walls are still plastered with Marvin, Edgerrin, Peyton, Addai & even Bob Sanders autographed pictures. I still love my Colts but @ the same time I don't think Luck would be a bad idea pending on if Manning comes back healthy or not.

Not something I would do personaly, but if the guy wants to spend his money on it and then go buy a ticket to a game and stay that late in a blow out he's clearly a fan and he can do whatever he wants with his money. I think he could end up looking really dumb if some how we don't end up with the first pick or heaven forbid Luck looks at the Colts and says you know I'll just go back for my senior year because I don't want to sit for four years or makes the Colts trade him or something. It's kinda counting your ducks before they hatch.

That's the thing, Of course it is their right to spend money on things that they want. It's just not classy and they should expect some heat for it.

That's the thing, Of course it is their right to spend money on things that they want. It's just not classy and they should expect some heat for it.

This coming from a guy whose avator is a guy with a bag over his head... One could argue that is also not classy. One could also say talking about who the next head coach should be when Jim Caldwell still has a job is also not classy yet no one seems to mind when that happens. Just more proof people still love Peyton which was the point of my first post.

Personally I don't get wrapped up in what other fans do. If they want to spend their money on it and aren't acting like a jerk at the game I don't care.

Edited by GoColts8818

You could also argue that 0-9 is a slap in the face to the fans that support this team. This is more than just Manning being gone. Its poor drafting for quality starters, quality backups, its questionable coaching, questionable management. The fans pay their money to be there, they are doing their part.

I am a fan, been a fan since I was a kid. Long before Manning came and will be a fan after Manning is gone. BUT there comes a time when you need to consider your options.

If it is better for your franchise long term to trade Manning for something of quality in return then you do it. Its not disrespectful to Manning, its business. The Polians and Irsay are charged with running a franchise to win games, not stick with one guy because he has been great.

These dont always end like Elway, in fact few do. Unitas, Montana, and Favre all ended their careers in different cities.

I am an Indianapolis Colts fan, not an Indianapolis Mannings fan. Whatever we have to do for the benefit of the team, do it. If thats keeping a healthy Manning, awesome thats what I hope. But if its cutting your loses on a question mark then you have to make touch calls.

Edited by 04DarkShadowGT

You could also argue that 0-9 is a slap in the face to the fans that support this team.

I am a fan, been a fan since I was a kid. Long before Manning came and will be a fan after Manning is gone. BUT there comes a time when you need to consider your options.

If it is better for your franchise long term to trade Manning for something of quality in return then you do it. Its not disrespectful to Manning, its business. The Polians and Irsay are charged with running a franchise to win games, not stick with one guy because he has been great.

These dont always end like Elway, in fact few do. Unitas, Montana, and Favre all ended their careers in different cities.

I am an Indianapolis Colts fan, not an Indianapolis Mannings fan. Whatever we have to do for the benefit of the team, do it. If thats keeping a healthy Manning, awesome thats what I hope. But if its cutting your loses on a question mark then you have to make touch calls.

Not really, I don't think the Colts are trying to be 0-9 if they were then yes it would be a slap in their face. I think they are trying very hard they just aren't very good thanks in large part because Manning and several other key players are hurt. With that said Polian said last week the fans had a right to be mad which seems to tell me the team understands 0-9 is not acceptable no matter how you cut it.

Not really, I don't think the Colts are trying to be 0-9 if they were then yes it would be a slap in their face. I think they are trying very hard they just aren't very good thanks in large part because Manning and several other key players are hurt. With that said Polian said last week the fans had a right to be mad which seems to tell me the team understands 0-9 is not acceptable no matter how you cut it.

I diasgree, all this year shows is an inept organization that has not drafted starters and backups that are NFL caliber at some key positions because Manning would make it all ok. How much better could the Colts have been if they had better players around Peyton his whole career?

The Packers had just as many injuries last year but they ended up doing fine. They had 15 guys on IR to our 17. Injuries can only be an excuse so far. Not having even an average backup qb is a problem.

Edited by 04DarkShadowGT

Your forgot our coaches in all fronts have the inability to help as well, hah :)

Your forgot our coaches in all fronts have the inability to help as well, hah :)

Still a lot of people (mostly in media and former coaches I'll admit that) think it's very disrespectful to talk about a job opening before a guy is fired. With that said I just threw that out there as an example of a guy the fans really don't like and who the fans are really blameing for this problem vs. what Mora was saying when he was making it seem like the fans were blameing Manning. Like I said the fact people are defenidng this as being disrespectfully of Manning disproves the main point that Mora was trying to make which was that fans don't like Manning anymore.

I diasgree, all this year shows is an inept organization that has not drafted starters and backups that are NFL caliber at some key positions because Manning would make it all ok. How much better could the Colts have been if they had better players around Peyton his whole career?

The Packers had just as many injuries last year but they ended up doing fine. They had 15 guys on IR to our 17. Injuries can only be an excuse so far. Not having even an average backup qb is a problem.

Few things, it's still not a slap in the face of Colts fans. They aren't trying to lose on purpose. They just aren't a good team. That's not disrepsectful that's a bad team. There is a difference. What the Colts did vs. the Jets a couple of years ago was a slap in the face of Colts fans this is not.

Also the Packers and the Colts last year were by far the execption to the rule when it comes to injuries. That's what makes what the Packers did so remarkable. Also last year's injuries vs. this years injuries are two different arguements. Largely because last year's team still won because Manning was healthy. Let me take away Aaron Rodgers from the Packers and I am sure they are going to have similar issues that the Colts are having this year, just like if I took Brees away from the Saints or Rivers away from the Chargers. It's what comes with having a great QB and building around him. As long as healthy you are going to be able to compete in any guy you play. Once you take him away with little to no notice you are in big trouble because no back up QB in the NFL is in their league.

Edited by GoColts8818

I think that we should show respect for Peyton by letting him decide whether he wants to leave or go at the end of the season. Luck or not, he is better off with a team with a good D to try to get him his last superbowl ring before he retires, instead of waiting for us to rebuild.

If Peyton wanted to be traded so that he could win a sb, I wouldnt fault him for that and would even support him. The front office has let him down in a big way and I feel for him. he will never win a SB in Indy. I dont see him doing that but just saying.

If Peyton wanted to be traded so that he could win a sb, I wouldnt fault him for that and would even support him. The front office has let him down in a big way and I feel for him. he will never win a SB in Indy. I dont see him doing that but just saying.

Peyton has stated he wants to retire a Colt.

Ummm Manning had the same hype when he was in college.

Were the fans of a team with arguably the best ever QB still with 4 years on his contract, who could still come back to play, buying and wearing Peyton's jersey at that time though? I'm not trying to pick a fight or anything, I really just don't know.

My respect for PM is that if the Colts Trade him I will no longer be a Colts Fan. Who knows what AL will turn out to be. As you know there is a big difference between college and pros. I doubt that PM gives a crap about whether or not some fans want Luck. All he is concerned with is getting to where he can play again. I am concerned with the level of talent on this team. Had BP been such a genius in picking Manning you would think that in 14 yrs of picking that this team would be better than what it is today.

Were the fans of a team with arguably the best ever QB still with 4 years on his contract, who could still come back to play, buying and wearing Peyton's jersey at that time though? I'm not trying to pick a fight or anything, I really just don't know.

I'm just trying to point out the fact the Peyton was a much-hyped college QB. Some people on here forget that when saying that Luck is hyped. I definately wouldn't be buying a Luck jersey unless he offically becomes a Colt and lives up to his hype.

I'm just trying to point out the fact the Peyton was a much-hyped college QB. Some people on here forget that when saying that Luck is hyped. I definately wouldn't be buying a Luck jersey unless he offically becomes a Colt and lives up to his hype.

Leaf had alot of hype...