Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Show Some Respect For Peyton

antipatriot

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not all Colts fans are all about just Peyton Manning. I will forever appreciate all that he has done for this organization but at the end of the day I will put the franchise first. Thus, I hope the Colts do what is best for the Colts. Although it is not something that I would personally do, in my opinion people wearing Luck jerseys isn't disrespectful to Peyton. It may be presumptious seeing as there are still 7 weeks left in the season but not disrespectful. Now if Peyton was on the field this year playing and losing in the games, I could see it being disrespectful. However, he isn't so those jerseys are not a statement about their feelings towards Manning as much as it is an expression of their excitement over the possibility of obtaining the first pick to potentially draft Peyton's heir. I believe fans have a right to wear whatever they want. If some want to start looking towards the future then that is their perogative.

Peyton hopefully still has some good years left but the sun starting to set on his career. That day without Peyton under center will come whether fans are ready for it or not. You can embrace it or cry, kick, close your eyes, and scream but it is coming just the same. It will be a very sad day but not the end of all things Colts.

Everyone wearing Luck jerseys needs to be forced to leave the stadium because it is illegal to wear colts apparell when it is not licensed by the NFL. I find it hard to believe that the NFL has authorized production of a colts Andrew Luck Jersey considering he is still in college, with 32 possible teams to go to.

Now I'm not saying I like the licensed merchandise rule, I'm just saying that I don't like disrespectful fans who are trying to make a comedic "statement..."

Everyone wearing Luck jerseys needs to be forced to leave the stadium because it is illegal to wear colts apparell when it is not licensed by the NFL. I find it hard to believe that the NFL has authorized production of a colts Andrew Luck Jersey considering he is still in college, with 32 possible teams to go to.

Now I'm not saying I like the licensed merchandise rule, I'm just saying that I don't like disrespectful fans who are trying to make a comedic "statement..."

They aren't real Andrew Luck jerseys. You can buy any team's jersey and put any name and number on it.

I think Mora is trying to just get attention.

Fans can do whatever they want, just as I can say whatever I want....those fans wearing Luck Jerseys at the game are * and I don't care what their reasons are!

It has been less than a season compared to 12 straight years of playoff bound seasons from Peyton. When Peyton gives the organization an answer in Feb like he stated, then I will support who ever the next QB is.

But today, TODAY, there is still a season going on. This loss of ONE player resulting in the demise of our team should teach the organization and us fans to not put all of our eggs in one basket. BUILD A GOOD BALANCED TEAM POLIAN!

We are fortunate that Peyton has played every game for the last 12 + years.

Yeah the NFL offers you a chance to buy custom jerseys with any number and last name you would like on them. It was in my latest NFL catalog I got and has always been in there. My guess is that is how those people got those jersey's and someone isn't printing counterfit ones in his basement.

Erm....we're knocking fans that still go to the games at 0-8 for trying to have a little fun with a disastrous season?

What....seriously?

Wanting Luck, even participating in the fun of daydreaming about a replacement for Manning, is not in any way saying that one wants Manning to be traded, cut, retire or otherwise not with us for several more years.

People are just having fun, and unlike many half-empty stadiums, these "Luck traitors" are going to the game. Stop being so emo and get a grip.

people its a lousy jersey. i highly doubt he worn it to disrespect peyton. more likely then not luck will be a colt seeing how this season is a disaster. peyton will always be loved by us fans, but that doesnt mean we're turning our backs on him by wanting luck. you think peyton would want us to fail as a franchise once hes gone.

There is a very real chance that the best thing that could happen is that we get Luck. I do respect Peyton, and would down right rather watch him at 100 % for a few years, but this might be a good thing. The more the loses pile up the more I'm trying to brace myself for it, because if we get the 1, I'm sure the front office drafts Luck.

Peyton can't play forever. Some of y'all sound like you'd push his butt out there in a wheelchair out of "respect".

The only way we're going to a SB in the next few years is with Manning. Beyond that, we'd best purchase a qualified replacement. Luck might be staring us right in the face and thats our future.

You can buy Luck Jerseys from the Colt Pro Shop online.

You have to give Peyton respect period! Why would some of the fans wear Luck shirt and jerseys to the game while he is on the sidelines. This is not Peyton Mannings fault, it's not Bill Polian fault, nor Jim Caldwells. You have to remember actually how good this team has been for years, then look at our drafting position. We haven't been able to get some of the better quality guys because of how low we have to draft. Last year and now this season we get a better chance to draft high quality guys that Polian has been scouting.

Right because the people on here posting during the game are the ones wearing the Luck jersey at a game. People can spend their money on whatever they want. If they want a Luck jersey more power to them. Don't get hung up in what Mora was saying during the game, that's the only Colts game he's going to watch all year and the only attention he's going to pay us all year. If anyone who really followed this team would quickly realize the fanbase still loves Peyton and haven't forgotten him. Notice it's not Colts fans saying we should trade Manning. Fans understand what they have in Manning and want him back pretty bad. With that said, I think most of us understand Manning isn't going to play forever so if we can take Luck this year why not welcome him with open arms? The Colts could very well do something that is beyond hard to do, follow up one great QB with another.

I respect your opinion however dont take me for someone who doesnt follow this team I have followed this team from the Harbaugh days. I am not a Mora fan but what he said was correct and was my opinion before this game with all the trade talk etc on this forum, it just so happened I had my laptop at the time he said it and thought i would make a post. I would welcome Luck to this team and have posted more than once that we would do well to draft him given the opportunity, this would give us stability at the position for the next 15 years, 3 years behind Manning would make him an incredible QB.

Ummm Manning had the same hype when he was in college.

No. Not like this. There weren't Colts fans wearing Manning jerseys to Colts games in 1997...in fact many people wanted Ryan Leaf. It was a huge debate back then. This Luck crap is getting really tired. Shame on ANYONE wearing Luck jerseys to Colts games! He hasn't taken ONE NFL snap! What if he is a big flop? We don't know....What I know is we as a city wouldn't have a state of the art new stadium, a Super Bowl win, 9 straight playoff years, winning the bid to host a SB....without Manning. How quickly pe,ople forget. And he may still have some good years left...we don't know. But to wear a jersey of a kid in college who hasn't proven squat in the big boys league, who may not even be a Colt, is tacky and classless

You have to give Peyton respect period! Why would some of the fans wear Luck shirt and jerseys to the game while he is on the sidelines. This is not Peyton Mannings fault, it's not Bill Polian fault, nor Jim Caldwells. You have to remember actually how good this team has been for years, then look at our drafting position. We haven't been able to get some of the better quality guys because of how low we have to draft. Last year and now this season we get a better chance to draft high quality guys that Polian has been scouting.

how do the patriots and steelers stay on top drafting lower in the draft than us then? answer: by hiring quality scouts and FO people that know what they are doing..also by hiring top quality coaches that can groom these young men into players

You can buy Luck Jerseys from the Colt Pro Shop online.

I just searched and found nothing. Please link to your results. You can order a custom jersey with any name on it.....so I guess you could get a Luck jersey that way, but otherwise no unless you prove us wrong they are not selling Luck jerseys at the official Colts pro shop

Seriously people, its a jersey. If that really bothers you, you really need to find a different hobby. Its not a big deal, its not disrespectful, and most importantly if it effects Peyton in any way he needs to retire right now.

My respect for PM is that if the Colts Trade him I will no longer be a Colts Fan. Who knows what AL will turn out to be. As you know there is a big difference between college and pros. I doubt that PM gives a crap about whether or not some fans want Luck. All he is concerned with is getting to where he can play again. I am concerned with the level of talent on this team. Had BP been such a genius in picking Manning you would think that in 14 yrs of picking that this team would be better than what it is today.

That is called being a Bandwagon Fan. I am a fan of the Indianapolis Colts, not the Indianapolis Mannings.

Of course I would like to see a healthy Manning playing QB as long as he can for my team. But it is not disrespectful to put your team in the best possible position to win, no matter who that would require letting go. That is just good business.

Lets not kid ourselves, even if Manning comes back healthy this team is not the 2005 vintage Colts. We are not going to be competing for a championship next year either way. Just too many holes need to be filled and arguably the greatest QB ever can only cover up so many.

Edited by 04DarkShadowGT

No. Not like this. There weren't Colts fans wearing Manning jerseys to Colts games in 1997...in fact many people wanted Ryan Leaf. It was a huge debate back then. This Luck crap is getting really tired. Shame on ANYONE wearing Luck jerseys to Colts games! He hasn't taken ONE NFL snap! What if he is a big flop? We don't know....What I know is we as a city wouldn't have a state of the art new stadium, a Super Bowl win, 9 straight playoff years, winning the bid to host a SB....without Manning. How quickly pe,ople forget. And he may still have some good years left...we don't know. But to wear a jersey of a kid in college who hasn't proven squat in the big boys league, who may not even be a Colt, is tacky and classless

I'm not saying there were Colts fans wearing Manning jerseys and my statement has nothing to do with the Colts. I'm not a Luck fan but I'm tired of people discounting him because he is a much-hyped college QB and discounting the fact that Manning was also a much-hyped QB.

Seriously people, its a jersey. If that really bothers you, you really need to find a different hobby. Its not a big deal, its not disrespectful, and most importantly if it effects Peyton in any way he needs to retire right now.

That is called being a Bandwagon Fan. I am a fan of the Indianapolis Colts, not the Indianapolis Mannings.

Of course I would like to see a healthy Manning playing QB as long as he can for my team. But it is not disrespectful to put your team in the best possible position to win, no matter who that would require letting go. That is just good business.

Lets not kid ourselves, even if Manning comes back healthy this team is not the 2005 vintage Colts. We are not going to be competing for a championship next year either way. Just too many holes need to be filled and arguably the greatest QB ever can only cover up so many.

Lots and lots of "this."

Bandwagon fans for the win! Like it or not, but Peyton Manning has brought more fans to this franchise than you care to acknowledge.

Bandwagon fans for the win! Like it or not, but Peyton Manning has brought more fans to this franchise than you care to acknowledge.

If you (the royal you) stop being a fan because one player leaves, you aren't a fan of the team, you're a fan of that player.

Which is fine, but if that's the case, be honest about it.

If you (the royal you) stop being a fan because one player leaves, you aren't a fan of the team, you're a fan of that player.

I don't know if that's necessarily it, but he has given Indy fans a reason to be proud and hold our heads higher. I think there will be a huge adjustment period for fans after Manning is gone, but he's not gone yet.

Just to chime in and agree with the following points:

People wearing the Luck jersey are not showing disrespect to Peyton:

• they are showing disrespect to the owner, FO and HC ...
  • ... and those people deserve that disrespect
  • they have a right to wear that jersey if they want
  • this is just a game....

I have to disagree with this. I have seen fans say trade Peyton, not saying it is the majority but it has been posted on this board.

I also think it is disrespectful, and I thought so before Mora said anything. Yes they can wear whatever they want and buy whatever they want, it is something I personally would not do though.

To me it is a slap in the face to the team I support.

Indeed!

Yeah, I'm sick and tired of seeing these fans with Luck jerseys or signs(example I saw said "Luck-next best thing to Manning". It's disrespectful and wrong to already have given up faith on our QB, our leader. He's brought us a SB win and 2 appearances with an obviously TERRIBLE team. We have already disrespected him enough by not giving him a team around him. PM saved our franchise...If he never came, I'm pretty sure we would be next in line to move to LA.

No, not really, I think you are not really getting what people are saying. If the Colts toss a healthy (yet to be determined) Manning aside for an unproven Draft pick, they are - IMHO - not the Colts team that I thought they were. Peyton Manning has done more for this team and city than many if any in the last decade or two. That earns loyalty in my book. I thought that the Colts were all about things like loyalty, family values, honor, being the 'good guys', and all that kind of thing. So if the team I support, turns out not to be those things and demonstrates it by tossing aside the most significant player in franchise history, tell me again why I should not re-evaluate my feeling for the team?

I am a Peyton Manning fan, and because of him I have become a colts fan. If the colts mess up what they have with Peyton and force him too leave, then I will seriously consider dropping this organization. You don't treat your players like that, especially one who has meant as much as Peyton has to the colts. I love a lot of the colts players now including Freeney and Mathis and Bethea and Saturday and plenty of other guys, I am one of the few who thinks that this roster is still very talented with just a few missing holes on it. Don't mess up what you have, just improve it.

Edited by Ramblinwreck7

No, not really, I think you are not really getting what people are saying. If the Colts toss a healthy (yet to be determined) Manning aside for an unproven Draft pick, they are - IMHO - not the Colts team that I thought they were. Peyton Manning has done more for this team and city than many if any in the last decade or two. That earns loyalty in my book. I thought that the Colts were all about things like loyalty, family values, honor, being the 'good guys', and all that kind of thing. So if the team I support, turns out not to be those things and demonstrates it by tossing aside the most significant player in franchise history, tell me again why I should not re-evaluate my feeling for the team?

Actually, that's precisely what it means.

And please don't talk about loyalty. We made him the leagues highest paid player on at least 2, possibly 3 seperate occasions. This is a business. The colts first loyalty is to the team and making it better. Now you can argue trading Manning or whatever might not be the way to do that, but if you stop being a fan because one player leaves, you are most certainly a fan of that player and not the team.

Sorry if people don't want to hear that.

I am a Peyton Manning fan.

Thank you for being honest. There is nothing wrong with that. I'm a Colts fan. Because of that I also like Peyton Manning. But if Peyton Manning leaves, I will continue to be a Colt fan.

Colts > Peyton. At least for me.

Thank you for being honest. There is nothing wrong with that. I'm a Colts fan. Because of that I also like Peyton Manning. But if Peyton Manning leaves, I will continue to be a Colt fan.

Colts > Peyton. At least for me.

Okay BBS, I guess you didn't like me saying the part that I was also a colts fan because of him.

It's fine that you like the colts more, but why so choosy with your quotes?

Edited by Ramblinwreck7

Okay BBS, I guess you didn't like me saying the part that I was also a colts fan because of him.

It's fine that you like the colts more, but why so choosy with your quotes?

And I'm also a Peyton Fan because of the Colts. Or more accurately because of what he brings to the Colts. But that's irrelevent. If he leaves (under whatever circumstances) I'm not selling all my colts stuff. I might be sad. I might think it's the wrong thing to do. But that isn't what we're talking about here.

And for the record here, I'm not making a value judgement. If you want to stop supporting the Colts because Manning leaves, by all means go. I'm not here to tell you who or how to root for something. I'm just asking that we be honest with ourselves here.

Edited by Jaric

how do the patriots and steelers stay on top drafting lower in the draft than us then? answer: by hiring quality scouts and FO people that know what they are doing..also by hiring top quality coaches that can groom these young men into players

The Patriots trade for higher picks and the Steelers haven't been good since last season.

And I'm also a Peyton Fan because of the Colts. Or more accurately because of what he brings to the Colts. But that's irrelevent. If he leaves (under whatever circumstances) I'm not selling all my colts stuff. I might be sad. I might think it's the wrong thing to do. But that isn't what we're talking about here.

And for the record here, I'm not making a value judgement. If you want to stop supporting the Colts because Manning leaves, by all means go. I'm not here to tell you who or how to root for something. I'm just asking that we be honest with ourselves here.

I never said that I wasn't a Peyton Manning fan? He is so fun to watch play football. I don't see how I wasn't being honest or anything like that.