Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bronocs fa , was great for their sb

mintor

Denver's John Elway is leading the charge in this aggressive approach. He is one of the few successful general managers to embrace free agency.

I know he was interested in Byrd before he went to NO but if you ask me Talib is much more valuable than Byrd and with Talib and Ward they add some physicality to that defense they sorely needed. If Harris Jr. and Miller come back healthy and they add a decent mlb that defense will be scary. As is the DL has Miller, Potroast, Vickerson, Williams, Wolfe, and Ware....dang thats formidable. They added a corner that takes away half the field and isn't afraid to take the best receiver and a hard hitting safety. LBs are the only weakness but Travathen is solid in coverage and Irving seemed ok...add a run stuffer in the middle and watch out!

I know he was interested in Byrd before he went to NO but if you ask me Talib is much more valuable than Byrd and with Talib and Ward they add some physicality to that defense they sorely needed. If Harris Jr. and Miller come back healthy and they add a decent mlb that defense will be scary. As is the DL has Miller, Potroast, Vickerson, Williams, Wolfe, and Ware....dang thats formidable. They added a corner that takes away half the field and isn't afraid to take the best receiver and a hard hitting safety. LBs are the only weakness but Travathen is solid in coverage and Irving seemed ok...add a run stuffer in the middle and watch out!

A lot of injury concerns with that defense is the biggest issue I see.

yeah, they spent heavily on Defense...but yet how many points did that "powerful" offense score in the big dance? 8....8 late in the game.

What type of offense should they try to build?? Just saw the greatest offense of all time get shut down...so how much better could they have made it? I think what they saw was it doesn't matter if your defense can't stop anyone. A good defense makes an offense even better by flipping field position and getting you the ball after a 3 and out or around mid-field or will cause turnovers to get you free points or more scoring opportunities. Denver didn/t see that last year....how many times did they start at the 20? It was always a game of score one more td than the other team. I think being more well balanced is a good thing. Doesn't put the pressure on the offense to force things and they can be more conservative against teams like Seattle......maybe run the ball more and open up the pass....once your playing from behind..you play right into their will-house.

What type of offense should they try to build?? Just saw the greatest offense of all time get shut down...so how much better could they have made it? I think what they saw was it doesn't matter if your defense can't stop anyone. A good defense makes an offense even better by flipping field position and getting you the ball after a 3 and out or around mid-field or will cause turnovers to get you free points or more scoring opportunities. Denver didn/t see that last year....how many times did they start at the 20? It was always a game of score one more td than the other team. I think being more well balanced is a good thing. Doesn't put the pressure on the offense to force things and they can be more conservative against teams like Seattle......maybe run the ball more and open up the pass....once your playing from behind..you play right into their will-house.

very true , broncos had little above avg, defense .  they had easy teams too play  hidden their weak defense.

I see your point. Definitely food for thought.

They have had their chances in Denver. But, next year is the Colts time to shine again. :goodluck: Wilson paved the way for the youngins at QB and now it's Luck's turn to take a crack at it!!!

I say we win one for Reggie Wayne.

:thmup:  :blueshoe:

NE still scares me the most in the AFC and especially now with Revis on board and who knows what is up their sleeve out there. We have issues with the Patriots and they are much better coached/smarter then Denver is. And the SB loser normally does not make it back.

I think it also depends on who Brady is throwing to next year. If Gronk will stay healthy etc. and if they can develop more at WR. I think their D might get better sadly.

They have had their chances in Denver. But, next year is the Colts time to shine again. :goodluck: Wilson paved the way for the youngins at QB and now it's Luck's turn to take a crack at it!!!

I say we win one for Reggie Wayne.

:thmup:  :blueshoe:

I hope so...but NE isn't shrinking away....Revis makes that defense better than last year and Wilfork and Mayo will be back. They still have holes but not as many as the Colts.

I hope so...but NE isn't shrinking away....Revis makes that defense better than last year and Wilfork and Mayo will be back. They still have holes but not as many as the Colts.

Well it is only March LOL. I often pick us to go to at least the AFC title game it seems. haha

.....this was a few hours before Revis went there too. Still a lot of time left before the season starts so who knows how we all will feel come September.

Overall yeah I still think NE scares me the most until we can get by them again. Since we have them at home it will be a big test this year.

I just dont know that I trust the moves. 

I like the Talib signing to an extent, but they lost DRC and Bailey in the process. Given not a huge loss with Bailey, but a lose none the less. I wouldnt trust Talib to stay healthy. 

I like Ware as well. But now 2 strictly rush LBs. Leaving coverage options pretty thin. 

Decker and Moreno gone. 

Seems a bit iffy. 

I like the Talib signing to an extent, but they lost DRC and Bailey in the process. Given not a huge loss with Bailey, but a lose none the less. I wouldnt trust Talib to stay healthy.

I like Ware as well. But now 2 strictly rush LBs. Leaving coverage options pretty thin.

Decker and Moreno gone.

Seems a bit iffy.

Ware will play DE and Miller drops back fine into coverage.

Decker and Moreno gone. 

Seems a bit iffy. 

I agree but Ball is more than ready to fill that void...and they no doubt will take a wr in this DEEP wr draft. They also added a hard hitting safety to that defense....I think they have upgraded but yes there are health issues...but few players don't have any knocks.

Ware will play DE and Miller drops back fine into coverage.

I think Miller is pretty nice in coverage as well. But he's an ACE rusher. But Wares best years were at 3-4 OLB, now stick him at DE in 4-3. Cray. 

Like I said, I like what they have done, I just dont trust it. 

Elway knows the time is now for Denver.  That window is getting smaller and smaller.  

They are going all out.  Good for them and good for Peyton.  I still don't think they can be Seattle though.

I like it too. History favors the bold....or something like that lol. Nothing ventured nothing gained...and blah blah blah lol

I think Miller is pretty nice in coverage as well. But he's an ACE rusher. But Wares best years were at 3-4 OLB, now stick him at DE in 4-3. Cray. 

Like I said, I like what they have done, I just dont trust it. 

I don't think they will be dropping Miller a lot....they will use different schemes and their lbs are pretty good cover guys. Most likely they will rotate Ware and company...but it doesn't mean you can't rush both on passing downs.

I don't think they will be dropping Miller a lot....they will use different schemes and their lbs are pretty good cover guys. Most likely they will rotate Ware and company...but it doesn't mean you can't rush both on passing downs.

JDR runs a 5-2 defense a lot (which eventually became the 3-4) with 5 Linemen and 2 LB. In the Broncos case, an example might be:

Miller.......Wolfe................Vickerson/Knighton....... Sly Williams...............Ware

..........................Irving.................. Trevathan

sometimes you can have the SS come up, in the Broncos case...Ward, to play the run and act sort of like a 3rd LB

You need a massive NT and your DE line up in 5 tech with your strong DE lined up in a 9tech. Your weak side end or linebacker in some cases sits a 9tech and the whole goal is to collapse everything outside in and to funnel running plays to the linebackers. The one in bold, the MLB Irving, is who I think they will address via the draft, IMO.

JDR runs a 5-2 defense a lot (which eventually became the 3-4) with 5 Linemen and 2 LB. In the Broncos case, an example might be:

Miller.......Wolfe................Vickerson/Knighton....... Sly Williams...............Ware

sometimes you can have the SS come up, in the Broncos case...Ward, to play the run and act sort of like a 3rd LB

You need a massive NT and your DE line up in 5 tech with your strong DE lined up in a 9tech. Your weak side end or linebacker in some cases sits a 9tech and the whole goal is to collapse everything outside in and to funnel running plays to the linebackers. The one in bold, the MLB Irving, is who I think they will address via the draft, IMO.

Point being...they have the hogs on that DL....its pretty deadly. Problem last year was Phillips was decent but he is no Ware and they never got the whole crew healthy or playing at the same time. They have upped the back end tremendously but they do need a MLB. They wanted Jackson but there is still decent options in FA that will probably give Denver a discount....and yes address it in the draft. I still think they go WR in rd 1 or 2....and who knows...if they hit it just right could still have as terrifying a receiving core.....there will possibly still be difference makers there for them in RD 1.

Broncos just went from scary to downright terrifying.

If their offence can put up numbers that even slightly resemble last season's then there's no way they don't make the Superbowl again.

we'll see what andrew luck has to say about that in the AFCCG.

Elway knows the time is now for Denver.  That window is getting smaller and smaller.  

They are going all out.  Good for them and good for Peyton.  I still don't think they can be Seattle though.

Seattle might not even win their division

Listen to this man

Seattle might not even win their division

Truth.

Arizona is looking plenty scary.  I don't like the Niners nor Caepernick but they do have potential.  SEA is slowly starting to feel the grains of FA.  Picking late in the draft for the first time in years will effect them as well.