Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts resign Vontae Davis [Merge]

Jaric

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK keep telling yourselves that Grigson is doing a good job.

Next year when our defense stinks again and we are afraid to try a field goal from further than 50 yards out.

Ill wont say... I told you so.

Vinatieri was 4 of 6 beyond 50.  His young replacement in New England, Gostkowski, was 5 of 6.  I'm sure they'll still send Adam out beyond 50.

Welcome back from the brink Vontae..Also Big news without much coverage we get S Sergio Brown back that was HUGE esp. w/Bethea  leaving..Got more work to do but we got fortified our front line, we bookend our ILB's, resigned our top 5 secondary, AND kept our Kicker tandem who I believe are the BEST in the league...Not bad at all so far guys...keep it going.

Go ahead and laugh at me... Im the dark cloud!

Just take a look at who Grigson is paying top dollar to:

RJF, Toler, Landry, Walden. All mediocre players. Traded for Shepard.

Now today he pays Vontae Davis 40 million for another mediocre player.

Resigns Moala, who always stunk and brings back AV for two more years.

Not to mention Richardson.

Your definition of mediocre players is laughable to say the least. And they didn't get paid top dollar. Davis did but not the others

The only player who was paid "top dollar" was Davis (who PFF ranked as their 3rd best corner). The other contracts were slightly overpaid free agency contracts structured in a friendly way, but none of them really broke the bank. Quit being such a drama queen.

Davis is the only guy who made top dollar on that list. Not only do your evaluation skills need work, but also your concept of big money in the NFL

This forum just makes me angry sometimes.  Let me lay this out for the old timers on here. 

Fact: Colts were negotiating with Davis for a 7-8m deal.  

Fact: Sam Shields Set the bottom of the Top Corner Market with a similiar 4/39m  with the Packers.

Fact: Colts had to match with a similar deal or let him walk.

Sidenote: We would have got him for less if the Cap hadn't increased by nearly 10m for every team, which will only drive up the average salaries for players over time.

Expect somewhat similar deals for Verner, and maybe Tailb (character issues).  Some of you need to stop being such drama queens. 

Dumb money, what a waste for a average cb....the other cb's are licking thier chops after this guy lands that kinda money. Oblivious he wanted to break the bank cuz that aint no "hometown discount" cap friendly contract.

If you have some stats to suggest he was an average CB, you should consider sharing them with ProFootballFocus, because their stats have him ranked as the 3rd best CB last year.

Dumb money, what a waste for a average cb....the other cb's are licking thier chops after this guy lands that kinda money. Oblivious he wanted to break the bank cuz that aint no "hometown discount" cap friendly contract.

This just in....when the cap goes up players make more money. I don't know why some people can't wrap their head around this.

If you have some stats to suggest he was an average CB, you should consider sharing them with ProFootballFocus, because their stats have him ranked as the 3rd best CB last year.

I must of watched the cfl then last year cuz he got burned as much as toler did and there must be nothing but average cb's in the nfl then and thats pretty pathetic/sad,good corners get burned once or twice a year,if at all cuz they dont get thrown at much, davis cant say that.

I must of watched the cfl then last year cuz he got burned as much as toler did and there must be nothing but average cb's in the nfl then and thats pretty pathetic/sad,good corners get burned once or twice a year,if at all cuz they dont get thrown at much, davis cant say that.

I agree in that the guy he was covering would occasionally go deep on him, but you also have to wonder if he was supposed to have safety help. Generally if a CB has safety help, they tend to play a bit more aggressive/under. There have been countless times where either Landry or Bethea would bite up too far and leave the back end open. 

So in other words, you don't have any statistics, but you are right because you own a TV. Got it.

Posted · Hidden by Blackhawk4, March 12, 2014 - What an idiot...It's like he's asking for a warning/infraction.
Hidden by Blackhawk4, March 12, 2014 - What an idiot...It's like he's asking for a warning/infraction.

So in other words, you don't have any statistics, but you are right because you own a TV. Got it.

Lol, I have the sunday ticket every year since 1997. I shouldn't need to list off stats,play on the field speaks volumes. Im white so I guess im one of the few that dont have a hard on for davis.

Lol, I have the sunday ticket every year since 1997. I shouldn't need to list off stats,play on the field speaks volumes. Im white so I guess im one of the few that dont have a hard on for davis.

ಠ_ಠ

I guess it's unfair to ask a racist nascar fan to get too bogged down in statistics...

I'm white also, so what the hell does that have to do with anything?

Staying classy at least.

You say you get cap going up means player getting more but can't get this is the going rate for your no.1 corner now thanks to the Grimes/Shields deals....

Question for you, what was the FT for a CB this year? Bear in mind it won't have been inflated as yet by the cap increase.

What is wrong with you.. You're.. white? So? So are probably half of the people on here and he's a great player. How can a racist watch football even. Hope you're banned because of this.

He's thousands of times better than Shields who got the same money from a notoriously frugal (and SMART) front office.

This is a GREAT signing. Along with re-signing Bradshaw and AV, plus signing Jones and D'Qwell, wow.

I agree, I think the Colts were trying to be thrifty and negotiate a deal in the 7 million range because the last year's market for CBs was soft, and they were hoping to capitalize before the market caught up to the new cap numbers. I think what they paid is right inline with his talent and play. Now he just needs to continue improving and playing at the level of the contract he now earned. As long as he doesn't take a major step backwards, I think this is money well spent.

Why I'm I not surprised

Top dollar must mean something totally different to you than me. If RJF was getting 10+ million, Toler 9+ Million, and Landry 8 Million I'd be saying the same thing you are now. But the fact is, they aren't getting paid top dollar. Even those figures aren't really top dollar. Davis isn't top dollar either, Revis makes 16 Million a year.

I think you were watching soccer.