Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mock offseason

Draft:

Trade Caztanso to the Dolphins for a 2nd round pick 

50: Travis Swanson C 4/4m

59: Trade to browns for 71st and 83rd overall picks and we trade a seventh rounder

71: S.Jean Baptiste CB (Number 2 corner next to Vontae Davis) 4/3m

83: Trade to New England for next years second rounder

90: Trade for 2 4th rounders to Jags (Get More Picks)

101:M.Sam OLB (Help Transition with Mathis, Werner and Walden) 4/2.75m

110: C.Jones ILB (Side to Side with Freeman) 4/2.7m

5th: D.Anthony Thomas RB (Speed Back) 4/2.3m

6th: L'Damian Washington (Tall WR) 4/2m

7th: A.Fera K (Good)4/1.5m

7th: Connor Shaw QB (Backup) 4/1.4m

After cuts we got say 51m. These draft picks add to around 9m

Make that 43m

Re-Signings: 

V.Davis 5/32m

S.Brown 1/1m

J.Gordy 3/3m

C.Johnson ERFA Tender

J.Reitz 1/700k

P.Mcafee 5/11m

that's 11.8m so now we have 32.5m

Initial Signings: 

A.Jones DE 5/22m

D.Whitner FS 3/14m

J.Veldheer LT 5/34m

We got like 18m use the rest for signings for role players leave 7m for future contracts.

Trade Costanzo?

That's all I needed to read.

Trade one of the strengths we have on offense?

You obviously know nothing about football.. LT is arguable the second most valuable position in the sport.

You must really dislike Andrew Luck.

That you refuse to admit that AC is one of the poorer pass blocking LT`s is all one needs to know.

We don't need Michael Sam on this team. Not because he's Gay, but because of the media circus it'll bring. Also, Constonzo is an above average tackle that is young. We should be trying to IMPROVE our offensive line, not removing pieces from it. Some other moves could be good that you mentioned. I wouldn't mind getting a pick or two for next year. 

We don't need Michael Sam on this team. Not because he's Gay, but because of the media circus it'll bring. Also, Constonzo is an above average tackle that is young. We should be trying to IMPROVE our offensive line, not removing pieces from it. Some other moves could be good that you mentioned. I wouldn't mind getting a pick or two for next year.

Thank you at least someone on here knows football.

Yup...the media have gone all goofy over a guy who is a third-rounder at best.

Draft:

59: Trade to browns for 71st and 83rd overall picks and we trade a seventh rounder

dr_zpsd18718dd.jpg

Draft:

110: C.Jones ILB (Side to Side with Freeman) 4/2.7m

5th: D.Anthony Thomas RB (Speed Back) 4/2.3m

6th: L'Damian Washington (Tall WR) 4/2m

7th: A.Fera K (Good)4/1.5m

7th: Connor Shaw QB (Backup) 4/1.4m

After cuts we got say 51m. These draft picks add to around 9m

Make that 43m

Re-Signings: 

V.Davis 5/32m

S.Brown 1/1m

J.Gordy 3/3m

C.Johnson ERFA Tender

J.Reitz 1/700k

P.Mcafee 5/11m

that's 11.8m so now we have 32.5m

Initial Signings: 

A.Jones DE 5/22m

D.Whitner FS 3/14m

J.Veldheer LT 5/34m

We got like 18m use the rest for signings for role players leave 7m for future contracts.

Without getting personal, which unfortunately several other posters felt the need to do,  I'll say this....

Your trades are not realistic on a variety of levels and your free agent signings can't happen at the prices you want...

So, Whitner is not coming to Indy for 3/14.   Heck,  SF would love to come him at that price.   any team would.   That's less than we're paying Bethea....    so, that's not happening.

And Valdeheer is a Left Tackle.   You've got him coming to us for Right Tackle money.   That's the contract that Cherilous signed. Valdeheer will want $8Mill plus...    and we'd have to outbid Oakland who I think has the most money to offer...

So,  while I appreciate the time you to took to lay it all out....   I'm afraid it's all one giant pipe-dream....   never happen.

The reason why we should trade castanzo is because he's a free agent next year and will want a lot of money we cant afford. He cant pass block and we need a LT that can so there are better upgrades via FA

Can't pass block? He damn near pitched a shut-out in the playoffs against Hali and then again against Chandler Jones. Hell, he was handling Jones so good they moved him to the other side.

And since he's been the starting LT, most of the pressure's come from the right side, not his side. That would be why we brought in Gosder Cherilus.

I appreciate that effort man, but I'd be surprised if half of these things actually happened. Costonzo is acclimated into our system well, and him and Cherilus are two above average tackles, which is hard to find. Don't count on that happening. Especially not to ultimately get a center in the draft with the pick we would get.