Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Better TE: Fleener or Allen

Caleb3502

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you could only have one of them, who would pick: Fleener or Allen.  Both put up similar numbers in seasons where they were healthy most of the year, Allen 2012 and Fleener 2013.  Allen is the better blocker but Fleener is faster and has better hands.

Allen as he is more well rounded and the better blocker. Allen is more of your traditional TE, Fleener is one of those Hybrid TE's that are able to split out in the Slot or out wide and create mis matches. Each have there own unique skill set and role.

But to answer your question personally i would say Allen is the better TE. Lucky for us we have both. Lol

Losing Allen for the season wasn't a devastating loos. Not in the slightest. Guys like Allen are easily replaced.

I would Disagree Allen was a HUGE asset to the team not only as a receiver but as a Pass and Run Blocker as well and as you may have seen throughout the season Luck was constantly under pressure. Fleener is no where near as good as a blocker as Allen, i will say he has improved in that area but still not as good as Allen. Had Allen been in the Line up you can rest assure that Luck would have had that extra 2-3 seconds to go through his progressions. not to mention how do you game plan as a defense against a two TE set like Allen and Fleener and still account for Wayne and Hilton? think about that for a second lol 

Losing Allen for the season wasn't a devastating loos. Not in the slightest. Guys like Allen are easily replaced.

man Please...did you watch Fleener's in line blocking(run and pass blocking)?, Fleener's in line blocking was terrible along with Doyle's. TE blocking was another reason why we couldn't run the ball, Allen is superb in that regard. And all around TE like Allen who is good in all aspects of the game are not easily replaced.

A straight receiving TE like Fleener is far more easier to replace except for the 6'6 frame

man Please...did you watch Fleener's in line blocking(run and pass blocking)?, Fleener's in line blocking was terrible along with Doyle's. TE blocking was another reason why we couldn't run the ball, Allen is superb in that regard. And all around TE like Allen who is good in all aspects of the game are not easily replaced.

A straight receiving TE like Fleener is far more easier to replace except for the 6'6 frame

its not like fleener uses that frame to his advantage

Yeah, I'm not sure why we went double TE that draft. The best available TE was there in the third round and we took the 2nd best tight end when I think better talent was available. With that said, that's not a shot at Fleener. He played well this past season

In order to run Arian's, and now Pep's system you need two good TEs.  The Colts had none.