Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton MVP for 5th time

Gramz

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is mind-boggling to me that a guy who has been MVP more than anyone else is not universally declared to be the greatest ever. How can anyone else be better when they weren't "most valuable player" as often as Peyton? How can the man who was most valuable most often not be the G.O.A.T.?

He wins with 49 of the 50 votes.

Who wants to bet the Boston writer voted for Brady? ;)

The person who voted for Brady said that he felt Peyton should have won, but didn't want him to win unanimously so he voted for Brady. Like, no joke that is what he said. I remember hearing this on the radio.

The person who voted for Brady said that he felt Peyton should have won, but didn't want him to win unanimously so he voted for Brady. Like, no joke that is what he said. I remember hearing this on the radio.

If that is true, how childish, not to mention irresponsible.   

You're given the privilege to vote for the Best, and most deserving, and that is what you're supposed to do with your vote.

If that is true, how childish.

If it is true, it is something you would expect out of a Patriots fan, typical Bostonian petty mentality, typifies what I have thought of Boston Patriot fans. Even a person who is supposed to be respected and given a privilege to vote would think along those petty lines, blows my mind.

If someone really used their vote in such a way they should never be allowed to vote again... no matter who they voted for. Peyton put up numbers, and no one was even in the same vacinity.

Lame... The most dominant season a qb has ever had. He should be stripped of his vote like lebatard was..

Jim Miller, career backup sans Chicago for 8 different teams, voted for Brady.

Jim Miller was Brady's backup QB in 2004 and, obviously, "won" a ring with NE. NOT BIASED AT ALL.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Miller_%28quarterback%29

Apparently not even backup worthy for how much he got shopped around.

Rings defining QB's = Exhibit A: Jim Miller.

Former Chicago Bears quarterback Jim Miller was the lone Brady vote. Further more he admitted what Peyton did was nothing short of historic, but thought Brady was more valuable to his team... and I think he is out of his darn mind for doing so. I think he only voted that way to keep Manning from winning unanimously.

Jim Miller, career backup for 8 different teams, voted for Brady.

Jim Miller was Brady's backup QB in 2004 and, obviously, "won" a ring with NE. NOT BIASED AT ALL.

Apparently he wasn't even backup worthy, he got shopped around an awful lot.

LOL What a joke.

Apparently not even backup worth for how much he got shopped around.

How in the name of Zeus did this Mark Sanchez wanna-be get an MVP vote???

Keep in mind the Bears were the only ones kind enough to give that bum a starting QB job.

I'm sure he wasn't too butthurt when Indy curbstomped said team in the Super Bowl.

To me, MVP is MVP. Doesn't matter how many votes you get, if you win, you win.

If this clown had made a real argument as to why he thinks Brady was the true MVP, then that would be one thing. Very debatable, but at least in keeping with the spirit of the award and the voting process. But to base his vote on him not wanting one player -- who was obviously deserving -- to win unanimously, that's just nonsense. Everyone else did their job, and he couldn't be bothered to.

Former Chicago Bears quarterback Jim Miller was the lone Brady vote. Further more he admitted what Peyton did was nothing short of historic, but thought Brady was more valuable to his team... and I think he is out of his darn mind for doing so. I think he only voted that way to keep Manning from winning unanimously.

Wow ...Denver was 9-9 when ...Peyton got there and they couldnt pass gas

Since then 28-7....15-3 this year

...and all-time records for passing yardage, 1st downs..TDs and points..and the biggest difference is one guy.

.....Brady's team had a very good year...and he was the reason.

but its MOST Valuable player..

Apparently not even backup worthy for how much he got shopped around.

I'm also guessing it didn't help Miller is a Chicago guy. What city are the Bears from we beat in Super Bowl XLI? Oh yea....

Edit: You pointed that out already. 

First off, congrats to Peyton on winning a 5th MVP . . .

Second, regarding the unanimity issue . . . its happens, this why it is so rare . . . yes I understand there are many Peyton fans here even though we are on a colts forum . . . but a little outside perspective might be helpful . . . in 2007 Brady had an historic season just like Peyton in 2013 and he only won 49 or 50 votes and Favre got one vote . . . check out Favre's numbers in 2007 . . . so it happens, historic season and one does not run the table . . .

Also, the award is most valuable player not most valuable points  . . . true many fans will immediately look to stats and records and blindly award the award . . . not to say it is a bad method but one needs to understand that the award is for value to the team and more specially that can be manifested in the principle of how well would they have done but for him and so on . . .  

the fact remains is that the Pats, without many of its skilled positions players from years prior, and a 7th round college QB as their top WR managed to go 12-4 and secure the 2nd seed and btw the way, wink wink, on the way had a 24 point historic you will find in the HOF record book/website  http://www.profootballhof.com/history/stats/comebacks.aspx    come from behind victory against the other candidate for MVP . . . so a little head to head comparison just saying . . . in addition although we had a few close wins we also had losses that we very close with three of them we were in the game and had a potential to win on the last play of the game . . . with only other lose being the NYJ only time in the season called pushing (yah the penalty missed in the KC-SD game)  on a FGA game in OT when the kick was missed otherwise giving us the ball on the 40 yard line or so . . .

So in sum congrats to Peyton, good for him . . . MVP is not an exact science and subject to opinion . . . and when a QB, without many of his weapons, goes 12-4 and close to 15-1 and beats the other guy head to head in historical fashion and gets his team to the 2nd seed is saying something  . . . just saying . . .

And if it makes you feel any better check out Favre 2007 stats . . .

and btw good luck to Peyton tomorrow, it should be a fun game . . .

First off, congrats to Peyton on winning a 5th MVP . . .

And if it makes you feel any better check out Favre 2007 stats . . .

and btw good luck to Peyton tomorrow, it should be a fun game . . .

sorry guys, forgot to add that the Pats came in third in most points scored (444), one point behind the second place teams Bears at 445 . . .

so when someone is on a team that comes in basically second with a few other teams (some were around 440) in scorings and did so with not the best at the skilled positions, it is saying something . . .

Do You...really hope that...??    Good Grief   what kind of comment is that?   :scratch:

If you really want him to win, the appropriate comment would be,   I sure hope he wins it.  

The post season stats don't lie, and Seattle's defense is legit. But there can't be any excuses. The Broncos are primed, the weather isn't going to be a factor...no excuses.