Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Belichick calls out Welker for hit on Talib

amfootball

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, January 21, 2014 - baiting
Hidden by Nadine, January 21, 2014 - baiting

Removing the troll out of the signature apparently doesn't remove the troll from the poster...

haha, good to see everyone is noticing this troll.

Belichick said lot of good things about Denver and Peyton and of course they are never discussed. I vividly remember this same poster, piling up posts when Pats beat the Colts ravishing praise on Pats.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off the top of my head:

-Coached the dirtiest player in the game for numerous years. He had no problem with it.

-Players on the O-line kicked the ball forward while the ref wasn't looking to advance it between downs. (Many years back vs I believe the Bears) Tony Romo did the same thing this year. Beyond those two instances I've never seen anyone else do it. Terrible sportsmanship/blatant cheating.

-The whole Spygate episode. He misinterpreted the rules.

-Tom Brady kicking Ed Reed in the balls during his slide last season. No penalty.

-Leg whip/Carolina this season. No penalty. Injured their best DE who came back late to clean Brady's clock on the last drive.

-Trip/Luck  (Just this last week. No penalty.)

-Pick play/Edelman/DRC (the previous series in the same frickin' game)

All these terrible displays of sportsmanship/flat out cheating yet Welker's hit was one of the worst things he's ever seen. The non call was borderline as the ball got there just a smidgeon after the hit. At full speed that's a bang bang play. If it makes BB feel any better perhaps WW misinterpreted the rules.

Masterful

Oh yeah because signing Amendola and letting Welker walk worked so well for you guys. hahaha I can't believe your gonna try to pull that argument out on Wes after the guy you replaced him with turned out to be hot garbage that you guys paid through the nose for and the Bronco's got Wes for a massive discount due to your teams inability to evaluate talent. What does Wes have to do to prove to the Patriots he's not done? Besides beat you and make you watch him play the Superbowl at home because clearly that wasn't enough...

Four more years to determine who got the better deal. Not sure if Welker will even play past next year assuming he plays next year with the concussions ...

Welker's hit on the Pats defender Agib Talib according to Belichik was quote, "one of the worst plays I've ever seen". REALLY BILL?! I don't get him, how can a coach as successful as he is be such a sour grapes whiney baby? It was not even remotely close to being one of the worst plays any fan has seen! What you have SEEN Bill is in part due to spying on other teams illegally so perhaps you have seen more than us. I guess when you dare to leave the Patriots you are automatically a bad guy.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/10321911/2013-nfl-playoffs-bill-belichick-new-england-patriots-unhappy-wes-welker-hit-aqib-talib

Pretty strong words from Bill on the Welker hit.

"I was asked about the hit on Talib, and I feel badly for Aqib," Belichick said. "The way that play turned out -- I went back and watched it, which I didn't have a chance to yesterday.

"It was a deliberate play by the receiver to take out Aqib. No attempt to get open. I'll let the league handle the discipline on that play, whatever they decide. It's one of the worst plays I've seen. That's all I'll say about that."

Who knew Welker's biggest post-season play would be a dirty hit? Beats dropping passes I guess... lol.

Really receivers do such things :thmup:   Who knew ?  

The results and the particulars about the two plays may be different, but the spirit and the intention behind the two plays are exactly the same.

The Patriots probably run more pick plays than any other team in the league so they can`t complain.I think the refs should start calling penaltys on all teams that do it.It`s in the rule book so they should start calling it. Every team does it.

Collie is younger and Wes has taken waaay more hits.

Collie has been knocked out for an extended period of time on at least three occasions. (Unless I'm misremembering)  Pretty much all due to concussions.I think he had something else with a leg injury but I might be wrong.

The jury is still out on Welker.

If I had a choice between the two at this point? Welker and it's not even close. Collie proved he is injury prone, Welker might be at this point in his career. You could make a better argument for Edelman over Welker.

Collie has been knocked out for an extended period of time on at least three occasions. (Unless I'm misremembering)  Pretty much all due to concussions.I think he had something else with a leg injury but I might be wrong.

The jury is still out on Welker.

If I had a choice between the two at this point? Welker and it's not even close. Collie proved he is injury prone, Welker might be at this point in his career. You could make a better argument for Edelman over Welker.

Welker is the much better player injured or not. It is not even close.

VS Collie? Certainly.

Going forward a case can certainly be made for Edelman. Welker has had a better career, but he may very well have peaked this season.

Yes word here is Edelman wants to stay and the Pats will resign as he should not break the bank. But I never really know with the Pats. Sometimes lay up signings just don't happen as you know. ;)

ha. Just joking. You guys always do make me laugh even on a lousy Monday after a loss. And we both know Irsay is at Burger King right now on twitter.

If Jim Irsay was eating in Burger King with Colts fans, that would be pretty cool.

• Can anyone say Sore Loosers ?

I think anytime a team loses we try to find someone else to blame. Did Welker intend to hurt Talib?  Only he knows, and as is stated above NE runs more pick plays than most....and Denver is right there with them.  It is part of the short passing game and unless blatant rarely is called  :thmup:

I think anytime a team loses we try to find someone else to blame. Did Welker intend to hurt Talib?  Only he knows, and as is stated above NE runs more pick plays than most....and Denver is right there with them.  It is part of the short passing game and unless blatant rarely is called  :thmup:

Cant see Welker doing that intentional to anyone.And right about the picks.

Did anyone see me making excuses when the Pats beat us ?No it was our own fault we made mistakes and couldn't stop the run.

I think the only time I/we? make 'excuses' for a loss is if we are really ticked off on the officiating and sometimes when we get a receiver with a case of the drops.  A lineman misses a block....Coaches make wrong situational play call...refs suck. OOOPS...already mentioned the officiating...throw the flag... :flag:  :flag:  :flag:  :edit:  :edit:  :edit:  :ref:  :ref: !!

OK we make excuses all of the time  :spit: !!!  

I think the only time I/we? make 'excuses' for a loss is if we are really ticked off on the officiating and sometimes when we get a receiver with a case of the drops.  A lineman misses a block....Coaches make wrong situational play call...refs suck. OOOPS...already mentioned the officiating...throw the flag... :flag:  :flag:  :flag:  :edit:  :edit:  :edit:  :ref:  :ref: !!

OK we make excuses all of the time  :spit: !!!  

Lol only privately :funny: