Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Belichick calls out Welker for hit on Talib

amfootball

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That wasn't the point though. There was just as much whining about that as on this thread. And no one is saying Talib is the sole reason for the loss but his absence completely effected the defenses ability to stop Denver at all.

But most colts' fans were whining about an obvious missed call. Pats' fans are whining because of a perceived intention to injure on the part of Wes Welker.

But most colts' fans were whining about an obvious missed call. Pats' fans are whining because of a perceived intention to injure on the part of Wes Welker.

Right. Big difference right there. Welker took Talib out intentional or not we will never know but it changed the course of the game and outcome.

Still say Denver wins hands down lol there runners were shredding your line and if Ball had more carries would've been worse than it was !And when its all said and done Broncos vs Seahawks 2 teams I picked from get go.

Moving it extremely well.  If one guy made that much difference, I guess the Colts should have been 16-0 and still going  :)

Right. Big difference right there. Welker took Talib out intentional or not we will never know but it changed the course of the game and outcome.

No, it was legal because the block occurred at the same time the ball hit DT in the hands.

welker%20talib.png

Again, as you usually do jvan, you're trying to state your subjective opinion as an objective fact. There's grey area and you and I will see things differently because of our respective worldviews.

if u r responding to what jvan said above, if u look at the film in slow mo & backwards which i did with my state of the art  audio system & a 55 ' screen,  the ball to me is perceived as a tie or to hard to call, i only did this evaluation   after  i  heard it got to DT first by those ex football stars I npote in comment 265 above Chris Carter, Mike Ditka, Tim Hassablback, & Ron Jawarski among others

on various shows I heard in background as did work but av ble to look up when showed stuff to pint something out

Here is a video if it plays from this article i also noted 

What Belichick said? Appalling. Mean-spirited. Classless, even dangerous.

Awfulness of Belichick comment > awfulness of Sherman comment (times 50)

http://www.cbssports.com/general/writer/gregg-doyel/24414957/hate-shermans-rant-its-got-nothing-on-belichicks-welker-accusation

CLICK TO ENLARGE

talib-injury-welker01202014.gif

FROM ARTICLE

Watch Welker over and over. Watch him coming out of his break and head behind Thomas. It's called a pick play, and it happens all game long in the NFL. So do open-field collisions between receivers and defensive backs -- like the one a few minutes before Welker ran into Talib, when Patriots receiver Julian Edelman ran into Broncos defensive back Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, who had to leave the game but later returned.

But anyway, watch that play again. What I see: Welker comes out of his break, avoids Thomas by running behind him, and runs into Talib. Why? Because there was nowhere else to go.

Watch that, and then remember something: Wes Welker is 5-feet-9, 185 pounds. Aqib Talib is four inches taller (6-1) and 20 pounds heavier (205). Oh, and another thing about Welker: He suffered a concussion this season. Then he suffered another. After the second concussion Welker was sidelined for five weeks, and when he returned he was wearing an oversized helmet to protect his brain. When did he return?

One week ago.

This is who Bill Belichick is accusing of trying to injure a bigger, heavier defender by running into him at full speed: a guy with a twice-concussed brain forced to wear a special helmet to protect his head.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MY FINAL OPINION

While Peyton was able to move the ball before this , booth short and long throws, I will not deny it made the game easier in the end but stuiffing the run , Brady's misfiring on open recivers that he admitted, like to edleman deep for possible TD after Denver got 3 points , and Peytons calls like audibling out of a throw on 3rd and nine to a run for 20 yards accoirding to same analysts showed Peyton outmatched BB in the chess game and left BB confused howe to defend, NOT MY WORDS those of the people i noted, I firmly belived Broncos would of won this game but would of been harder with  Talib, 

I am also sure if needed Peyton &  Broncos  team wouldnt have sort of played a prevent D at end like we saw , same as with Chargers making it closer than it was, if needed Plkay calls would have more attacking at the end

Never has peyton on one show it said lost to the same team again after losing 1 time during the season ( preseason not included as that isnt for real game study but player eval  to etc ) according to said analysts as he studies film of what was done to his team, how his team played and has always made the right adjustments to win after a loss to said team during that same season, i hope i am explaining that right

---------------

finally if it matters , no i dont go on other forums, i hardlly have time for this

Have a good night

The verb you're both looking for is "affect". "Effect" is a noun.

Jvan, just because something wasn't called make it a legal play. By that logic, all the non-calls that worked out in our favor were well and good. I don't think anyone here is going to come to an unbiased determination as to whether it was clean, because we're on opposite sides of the spectrum when it comes to out relative affection for all things Patriots. The other boards I post on were fairly mixed in their reaction, so it's not very clear even to fans without a horse in the race.

Not that it matters anyways, I'll repost this once again because it's really all that needs to be said:

Well apparently it was legal per Da refs

of interest whenever Peyton has lost to a team in a year & plays them the same year again     post that loss  he is I believe a TV graphic showed 7 & 0, know has never lost, they said he simply watches how was played against and comes up with new things to do that work's & wins

Never has peyton   lost to the same team again after losing 1 time during the season ( preseason not included as that isnt for real game study but player eval  to etc ) according to said analysts as he studies film of what was done to his team, how his team played and has always made the right adjustments to win after a loss to said team during that same season, i hope i am explaining that right

--------------

I error ed in the above possibly Re Peyton never losing in same year to same team a secoind time that year & admit sources i heard on TV noted in original comments 265 & 280  

differ from the below

unnamed one

as Per whomever said this to Jeff saturday  

Saturday was told that it’s been six years since Manning lost twice to a team in a season.

Why does Manning bounce back so well?

“You begin by stripping down what you feel like you failed at, so at some point you look at what you did poorly and why,” Saturday said. “Was it because of something they did or something you did? You don’t make changes if it was self-inflicted wounds. That’s when you need to work on yourself and improve in the area you messed up in. But if it’s something they did, rolled coverage to a certain guy to take him out of the equation, or changed up different coverages or blitz packages, now you run through all the different looks that team has given you.

“You study all the tapes. You begin to rebuild your gameplan so the same mistakes don’t occur. What make teams effective is you’ve self-scouted. We were always effective that way in Indianapolis, Peyton’s still that way in Denver.”

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2014/01/16/espn-analyst-on-manning-brady-this-game-will-not-be-decided-by-those-guys/25241/