Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Everything Trent Richardson

Thewholefnshow28

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember watching the playoff game against the Patriots and just throwing my arms up in disgust every time they handed it to Richardson because I just knew it was going to be no gain or a loss of yards before he even got the ball.  My buddy just looks over at me "man he sucks......"

He got 3 touches in that game....3

There isn't very many RB's that could run behind our O Line. Wait until we beef up the line then call T-Rich a bum. He should be a beast next year.

Yeah because when he runs like any number of RBs we could have gotten in the 2nd or 3rd rnd behind a retooled line that will be a top off season priority that will show how he is a beast who was worth a 1st rnd pick.

If the opposing players are stacking the box every time Richardson is handed the ball then basically you are saying that Pagano and Luck are to blame. Pagano is being too obvious in the plays he is calling and isnt adjusting or trying to confuse the defense and Luck is failing to read the coverage at the line and failing to audible into something else.

Now I ain't the smartest man in the world but if I send Richardson in to run and they keep stacking the box then I am gonna run some play action and try to hit my tight ends or receivers since everyone is stacked up to stop the run.

If I am running different formations for Richardson and Brown and the defense is reading these formations every time and tackling Trent for a loss while Brown is able to pick up yards then I will probably stop running Richardson in those formations, maybe flip the script and have him and Brown switch formations or at the very least run Richardson out of Browns formations.

Thats the only way I can see it, either Trent sucks or Pagano and Luck suck.

If it is a lack of vision and speed, thrown in with some *ic dancing, that is making Trent seem like a horrible runningback then thats all on Trent. If its the defense always stacking the box and Trent getting ran in different formations that never work and are never audibled out of then thats on Luck and Pagano.

The line isnt good, but other backs were picking up yards behind it, Richardson didnt so its gotta be either him stinking or the plays he is told to run. If its the plays then it falls on Pagano and Luck.

Now Pep can call the plays but Pagano is the head coach and it falls on him if he doesnt make Pep change something that obviously is not working. Luck gets the play, but he has the option to change it from what he is seeing on the field.

So do we have a bad coach, a quarterback who can't read a defense, or do we have a bust at runningback ?

If its a lack of training camp and not knowing the playbook that made Richardson stink then o would say once again that falls on Pagano. Why would he send in a player that was unprepared and unable to contribute ? Why was Richardson given the role of starter if Brown was the more game ready player ? I just dont see how Richardsons failure to perform falls on anything or anyone other then himself.

Maybe he can somehow turn it around, but its all on him either way.

If the opposing players are stacking the box every time Richardson is handed the ball then basically you are saying that Pagano and Luck are to blame. Pagano is being too obvious in the plays he is calling and isnt adjusting or trying to confuse the defense and Luck is failing to read the coverage at the line and failing to audible into something else.

Now I ain't the smartest man in the world but if I send Richardson in to run and they keep stacking the box then I am gonna run some play action and try to hit my tight ends or receivers since everyone is stacked up to stop the run.

If I am running different formations for Richardson and Brown and the defense is reading these formations every time and tackling Trent for a loss while Brown is able to pick up yards then I will probably stop running Richardson in those formations, maybe flip the script and have him and Brown switch formations or at the very least run Richardson out of Browns formations.

Thats the only way I can see it, either Trent sucks or Pagano and Luck suck.

If it is a lack of vision and speed, thrown in with some *ic dancing, that is making Trent seem like a horrible runningback then thats all on Trent. If its the defense always stacking the box and Trent getting ran in different formations that never work and are never audibled out of then thats on Luck and Pagano.

The line isnt good, but other backs were picking up yards behind it, Richardson didnt so its gotta be either him stinking or the plays he is told to run. If its the plays then it falls on Pagano and Luck.

Now Pep can call the plays but Pagano is the head coach and it falls on him if he doesnt make Pep change something that obviously is not working. Luck gets the play, but he has the option to change it from what he is seeing on the field.

So do we have a bad coach, a quarterback who can't read a defense, or do we have a bust at runningback ?

If its a lack of training camp and not knowing the playbook that made Richardson stink then o would say once again that falls on Pagano. Why would he send in a player that was unprepared and unable to contribute ? Why was Richardson given the role of starter if Brown was the more game ready player ? I just dont see how Richardsons failure to perform falls on anything or anyone other then himself.

Maybe he can somehow turn it around, but its all on him either way.

With multiple people coming out and talking about how this is the deepest draft class in a long time that Trent Richardson trade just keeps looking better every day.

I've heard from at least 5 different sources, including 2 GM's that this is the best, deepest draft class they have seen in a very long time. Record number of underclassmen as well. So yeah, that hurts to be down draft picks. 

Exactly. That's not bum numbers imo

I've heard this argument so many times. Only one of his 10 TD's were from more than 5 yards out. We featured him at the goaline, where he was often stuffed. Those 950 yards came on something absurd like 267 carries.

It's less about yards and more about production. 267 carries isn't a sustainable number in the NFL. 

I like how people will say he's a Colts so we have to support him, then call for Satele to be cut. They have matching helmets .......... just sayin.

I can tape a Mercedes logo on a Yugo, doesnt mean I suddenly have a luxury car. You can be a fan of a team and still have the objectivity to point out when someone stinks. Curtis Painter was a Colt and thrust into a position nobody including himself ever expected him to be in, I didnt see any people saying not to draft Luck and just give Painter time to develop. Some guys stink and sometimes those stinky guys are taken in the first round, only thing weird about Richardson being a bust is Grigson giving up a first round pick for the guy even with all the tape and numbers from his rookie season. Those weren't first round talent numbers, and the red flags were everywhere. So far Richardson stinks and Grigson is to blame.

I don't think Richardson will ever have a 1000 yard season simply because of his ypc. If you hand him the ball enough to reach 1000 yards with such a low ypc then he will most likely get injured from all the abuse he will take. 25 carries a game will destroy most running backs.

I don't think Richardson will ever have a 1000 yard season simply because of his ypc. If you hand him the ball enough to reach 1000 yards with such a low ypc then he will most likely get injured from all the abuse he will take. 25 carries a game will destroy most running backs.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Trent Richardson underwent shoulder surgery following the Colts' Divisional Round loss, but that it was "only a scope."

Per RapSheet, the operation isn't expected to affect Richardson's status for OTAs. That's good news, as T-Rich admitted earlier this month that he still didn't have a feel for the Colts' system. T-Rich has suffered a number of nicks and bruises since being the No. 3 overall pick of the 2012 draft, but this is the first we've heard of his shoulder. It's just one more hurdle to clear as he looks to rebound from a monumentally-disappointing season. ESPN's Mike Wells expects the Colts' running-back competition to be "wide open."

So... am I allowed to wait one year before passing final judgment on Richardson?  I mean, he's here so no amount of teeth gnashing will send him back.  I'd like to see what he can do with a full offseason (our offseason) and (hopefully) improved line play.

Last season was certainly disappointing for him, but really our entire run offense was disappointing (excluding the one game Bradshaw played...)

So... am I allowed to wait one year before passing final judgment on Richardson? I mean, he's here so no amount of teeth gnashing will send him back. I'd like to see what he can do with a full offseason (our offseason) and (hopefully) improved line play.

Last season was certainly disappointing for him, but really our entire run offense was disappointing (excluding the one game Bradshaw played...)

Realistically the line isnt gonna improve all the much, there just arent gonna be the players available to build a great line. We can build a better line, but dont expect a huge change.

I figure Trent will have one decent game at the beginning of the season and everyone will say he is awesome and that the nay sayers were fools, then he will go back to being Trent "Can't find a hole to save his life" Richardson.

Or he will stink from day one.

I can't picture him consistently being any better then he was last season.

I dont believe an off season will help because he had his workouts in Cleveland and then came here and had plenty of weekly practices and games to learn to execute the playbook, he showed no improvement the entire season. There was no point where anyone could realistically claim he was starting to get it, he never improved a bit.

If he was the future pro bowl player that some here believe him to be then right around the time he was relieved of being a starter is when he should have been coming on. He should have known some plays by then.

There is really no excuse for his level of play, he had time to learn the playbook and practice with the team, his body was in shape when he arrived, and even with a bad offensive line most running backs will find a hole occasionally, he never did.

The only skill he seemed to have was blocking, which is great, but not nearly enough. Fullbacks pick up short yards and block, a first round halfback should be able to run the ball.

So none of us have a choice but to wait and see if Richardson can do something next season, but it won't take all season by week 8 you will know all you ever need to know about Trent Richardson, if it even takes that long.

I'm not making excuses for him because he was disappointing last year.  However, I think we owe him at least one offseason with the Colts before formally declaring him "bust."  I'm sure others will disagree, but it's really just my opinion.

My eyes tell me that at some point during last season he lost confidence and never really got it back.  I attribute that to several factors, some of which were his fault (not learning the offense fast enough) others that were not (terrible offensive line play).  Lack of confidence leads to indecision which leads to bad running plays.

That's why I'm waiting for an offseason.  You're right that by week 8, we'll likely know all we need to know about Trent Richardson.

Realistically the line isnt gonna improve all the much, there just arent gonna be the players available to build a great line. We can build a better line, but dont expect a huge change.

I figure Trent will have one decent game at the beginning of the season and everyone will say he is awesome and that the nay sayers were fools, then he will go back to being Trent "Can't find a hole to save his life" Richardson.

Or he will stink from day one.

I can't picture him consistently being any better then he was last season.

I dont believe an off season will help because he had his workouts in Cleveland and then came here and had plenty of weekly practices and games to learn to execute the playbook, he showed no improvement the entire season. There was no point where anyone could realistically claim he was starting to get it, he never improved a bit.

If he was the future pro bowl player that some here believe him to be then right around the time he was relieved of being a starter is when he should have been coming on. He should have known some plays by then.

There is really no excuse for his level of play, he had time to learn the playbook and practice with the team, his body was in shape when he arrived, and even with a bad offensive line most running backs will find a hole occasionally, he never did.

The only skill he seemed to have was blocking, which is great, but not nearly enough. Fullbacks pick up short yards and block, a first round halfback should be able to run the ball.

So none of us have a choice but to wait and see if Richardson can do something next season, but it won't take all season by week 8 you will know all you ever need to know about Trent Richardson, if it even takes that long.

how do you go from saying its luck and paganos fault in one post, to saying how horrible trent is in the next?