6-26 (186)

7-17 (209) via Ravens; AQ Shipley

Lost picks:

1-26 (26) via Browns; Trent Richardson

4-26 (122) via Browns; Montori Hughes

7-26 (218) via 49ers; Cam Johnson

Compensation picks:

Probably 0.

Grigson traded up for Pick 139, this year the Browns have 122. 

How did Hughes play this year?

Grigson traded up for Pick 139, this year the Browns have 122. 

How did Hughes play this year?

He was pretty good in the limited time he played. Quick guy for his size and he's supposed to take over for Redding in 2015. He got injured in week 17 and didn't get to play in the playoffs. 

I'd still make that trade again. 

Don't we also get a pick from Dallas for the Ceaser Rayford trade ???

2015 Draft, conditional, if the site I looked at is right.

We lost an undisclosed 2014 draft pick to the Rams for Josh Gordy as well

So we really have just 4 picks this year(2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th) guessing Gordy trade is a 7th rounder

The site I'm looking at has the Gordy trade listed as 'undisclosed' and the Cam Johnson trade listed as a conditional 7th rounder, and of course those conditions were not disclosed.

http://www.prosportstransactions.com/football/DraftTrades/Future/Colts.htm

He was pretty good in the limited time he played. Quick guy for his size and he's supposed to take over for Redding in 2015. He got injured in week 17 and didn't get to play in the playoffs. 

Yeah, later round guys are mostly a crapshoot. Usually not the shoot part.

I like his attitude, wanting to play even when he was hurt.

I agree, plays quick for 350. Same was said for Werner, all our rookies need to gain strength. Have to look it up. How did Ngata do as a rookie? Or Suggs? Some fans kill me thinking all out guys are just supposed to come in and play at all star levels

imo grigs does not like draft picks for the lines, he might trade some of ours for linemen, he thinks are good, if he cant sign any free agent linemen.

Huh??

He used picks 3, 4 and 5 last year on lineman.

That's Thornton, Holmes and Hughes.

And he used our #1 on a college lineman (Werner) that we're converting to OLB.

Am I not understanding your meaning here?   

Huh??

He used picks 3, 4 and 5 last year on lineman.

That's Thornton, Holmes and Hughes.

And he used our #1 on a college lineman (Werner) that we're converting to OLB.

Am I not understanding your meaning here?

He's talking offensive line I think. I think he is referring to Grigson quote a while back when he said he would rather start a rookie cornerback than a rookie OL then he went on a gave his reason why

Here is part of the ESPN article when he was asked that question:

I asked Grigson: Without knowing the guy, if you were forced to choose to play a first-year offensive lineman or a first-year defensive back, which would you rather put on the field?

Said Grigson:

“I would have to say a DB. Because a first-year offensive lineman, there are a lot more bullets flying in that vicinity he’s working in that involves thinking, that involved experience. That’s why for rookie tackles, they call it a baptism by fire. You don’t say that because it’s an easy process. A lot of times that ends up working in their favor, that they were thrown out there like that.

"But a lot of times depending on the scheme you play, corners that play on an island they are relying on technique and pure athletic ability and God-given ability. A lot of times on the offensive line, their first year they are going to see exotic blitzes that they’ve never even dreamed of. They are going to see pass-rushers and body types that they never knew existed. I would say definitely corner.”-Paul Kahursky ESPN.com

2014 picks as of now: 

2-26 (58)

3-26 (90)

5-26 (154)

6-26 (186)

7-17 (209) via Ravens; AQ Shipley

Lost picks:

1-26 (26) via Browns; Trent Richardson

4-26 (122) via Browns; Montori Hughes

7-26 (218) via 49ers; Cam Johnson

Compensation picks:

Probably 0.

wow browns got alot picks this year.

I agree, plays quick for 350. Same was said for Werner, all our rookies need to gain strength. Have to look it up. How did Ngata do as a rookie? Or Suggs? Some fans kill me thinking all out guys are just supposed to come in and play at all star levels

Suggs had 12 sacks , 1 int , 5 forced fumbles , 4 fumble recovers and 3 pass defenses.

Ngata started all 16 games and made the all rookie team. I think both these guys were very good from the get-go.

Suggs had 12 sacks , 1 int , 5 forced fumbles , 4 fumble recovers and 3 pass defenses.

Ngata started all 16 games and made the all rookie team. I think both these guys were very good from the get-go.

Also helps that the Ravens defense was in it's prime form when they joined the pack. Our defense isn't anywhere near the level that Ray Lewis & Ed Reed had that defense playing at

Talk about a paradox.

Well, Mr. Smarty Pants, maybe he doesn't have access to the internet...

... oh, never mind.

So so cynical..The need for some to imply someone is being lazy or too ignorant for asking a question before first going to Google to do so,  When I have a WHOLE  forum full of Colts fans who, not only has no problem answering a question  they readily know the answer to, And would be more than happy to help.  If you didnt know the answer..  A. I wasnt talking to you, And

B. Of course YOU DIDN'T because you would've given the answer instead of trying to be cute,  But looking so very little in the process.

Also helps that the Ravens defense was in it's prime form when they joined the pack. Our defense isn't anywhere near the level that Ray Lewis & Ed Reed had that defense playing at

I never said a word about our rookies or how they might develop . The poster posed the question of how those two guys were in their rookie years. As I remembered they were both very good players right out of college. I can't help it if some people just btalk and spout off things that just aren't true. You might want to also mention that those two guys were the 10th and 13th picks in what were more talented drafts. Bottom line is he asked "how these guys were in their rookie years." The answer IMO is very good. If you are trying to say that Werner was as good as a rookies those two guys due to the fax he had better players around him... ah..boy...

He's talking offensive line I think. I think he is referring to Grigson quote a while back when he said he would rather start a rookie cornerback than a rookie OL then he went on a gave his reason why

Here is part of the ESPN article when he was asked that question:

I asked Grigson: Without knowing the guy, if you were forced to choose to play a first-year offensive lineman or a first-year defensive back, which would you rather put on the field?

Said Grigson:

“I would have to say a DB. Because a first-year offensive lineman, there are a lot more bullets flying in that vicinity he’s working in that involves thinking, that involved experience. That’s why for rookie tackles, they call it a baptism by fire. You don’t say that because it’s an easy process. A lot of times that ends up working in their favor, that they were thrown out there like that.

"But a lot of times depending on the scheme you play, corners that play on an island they are relying on technique and pure athletic ability and God-given ability. A lot of times on the offensive line, their first year they are going to see exotic blitzes that they’ve never even dreamed of. They are going to see pass-rushers and body types that they never knew existed. I would say definitely corner.”-Paul Kahursky ESPN.com

Thanks....   fair enough...   I know the quote....

Just noting that sometimes what you want to do and what you have/need to do are two different things!

Yeah I looked it up after I posted. Sounds like they both came out strong. I guess picking our guy in the 5th gives us a little more freedom to bring him along being he was a project in the first place.

Yeah I looked it up after I posted. Sounds like they both came out strong. I guess picking our guy in the 5th gives us a little more freedom to bring him along being he was a project in the first place.

I even forgot who we were talking about. I thought it was Werner and was basically agreeing that it's too early to pass judgement on him. For sure you have to give a guy like Hughes time. If he was projected to be a stud right away , he would not have been sitting undrafted in the 5th round. As far as Grigson making a good deal , I would give it another year before even trying to make a guess at that one.

So so cynical..The need for some to imply someone is being lazy or too ignorant for asking a question before first going to Google to do so,  When I have a WHOLE  forum full of Colts fans who, not only has no problem answering a question  they readily know the answer to, And would be more than happy to help.  If you didnt know the answer..  A. I wasnt talking to you, And

B. Of course YOU DIDN'T because you would've given the answer instead of trying to be cute,  But looking so very little in the process.

Umm, not sure what lit you on fire, but neither me nor Smonroe are the ones that made the snarky comment in the first place. Maybe you meant to quote/reply to someone else?

A. By definition, yes you were.

B. It took you longer to type the response than to pose the question in google, and I am cute, I'm a French model...

I just wish we could have another 2012 draft.

The 2013 draft was as bad as it gets. Seriously.

I still sort of believe in Werner.

Thornton wasn't impressive.

Holmes was a complete waste of a pick.

Hughes did nothing to stand out.

Williams and Justice are gone.

Boyett is well, yea. That didn't go over so well with Mr. "I'm a Colts player".

On the other hand, 2012 was filled with great picks even in the later rounds (Ballard) and mostly spot on early as well with Coby, Dwayne and TY.