Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ryan Grigson is the real problem.

Dark_Indy

2013 was a good year in the history of the Indianapolis Colts. Some would even say great- but the truth is this, a group of youngsters that overcame adversity and overachieved despite the administrators of the team hindering them at every turn. The Indianapolis Colts began the 2013 season by acquiring a handful and a half of free agent players. Some were obvious fits for the scheme, such as LaRon Landry and Ahmad Bradshaw however, the former Executive of the Year seemed to whiff on some of the intermediate talent that he had acquired. Questions were raised about the acquisitions of Lawrence Sidbury and the insane contract given to Erik Walden. Most Colts fans and personnel were spoiled by the 2012 season, one where every Draft Pick and acquisition seemed to work for the Indianapolis Colts, however in 2013, that would be a different story all-together.

The downhill trend began with the 24th pick of the 2013 NFL Draft Ryan Grigson and Chuck Pagano thought it best to draft Bjoern Werner, a Defensive End from Florida State and convert him to an outside linebacker- with names like Kiko Alonso and Alec Ogletree (Both ILBs, but true linebackers) still on the draft board. The Colts then went on to draft two linemen on the offensive side, one on the defensive, a safety, a runningback and a tight end through the last six rounds of the draft. Of the six drafted players- zero started the season. One lineman (Hugh Thornton) earned a starting position due to injury, Werner was a rotational OLB, Khaled Holmes was (for some reason) AWOL the entire season. Boyett- the safety had off-the-field issues which led to him being released from the team. The defensive lineman, Montori Hughes ended the season with the Colts, albeit on injured reserve and the running back, Kerwynn Williams ended up bouncing on and off of the practice squad before the San Diego Chargers signed him. 

While the free agent additions of LaRon Landry, Ahmad Bradshaw and Gosder Cherilus ended up ok, the absolute horrendous acquisitions of Erik Walden, Lawrence Sidbury, Darrius Heyward-Bey and Kelvin Sheppard drained cap money that could have been used elsewhere and on more productive players. 

Then the season began-

Three weeks into the NFL season, Vick Ballard, Ahmad Bradshaw, Donald Thomas, and Dwayne Allen's seasons all ended. Ryan Grigson decided to counteract these injuries by swapping out his 1st round pick for Trent Richardson- a Running back selected two spots behind Andrew Luck in the 2012 NFL Draft, and the apparent savior to the Indianapolis Colts. His impact was not felt, and he was relegated to a #2 RB spot. 

Here's looking to 2014, a season that will most likely begin with Samson Satele still in the offensive line works, two consecutive wasted 1st Round Picks, and another disappointing draft for the Indianapolis Colts. Don't worry though, Grigson's gotta get something right sometime? He WAS Executive of the Year last year. 

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, Grigson is a big reason why the Colts made the playoffs the past 2 years.

Ssssh Andy we lost so all logic is suspended for at least 48 hours and you must call for everyone to be fired.  Just wait there will be cut Luck threads before long or bring back the old Manning classic trade Luck and get a defense. 

lol, Grigson is a big reason why the Colts made the playoffs the past 2 years.

He came into possession of a team with a #1 draft pick and much like Bill Polian got the 50/50 shot right. 

Bruce Arians was what got the Colts into the playoffs year one

Andrew Luck got us there year two.

If Grigson botches this next offseason like he did the 2013, we'll know for sure what's wrong.

This actually makes me laugh, Grigson is not the problem, infact WE DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM. If you havent noticed Divisional round of the playoffs aint too shabby, yet it's something to work off of.

Yep we surpassed many here's off-season win projection (and that was before we knew about the injuries) and took step forwards in terms of winning the division and won a playoff game just two years after a 2-14 season and yet so many here want to fire all the people who did that anytime we lose.  It's kinda funny when you think about it that or just makes you want to ram your head into a brick wall I am not sure which. 

Ssssh Andy we lost so all logic is suspended for at least 48 hours and you must call for everyone to be fired.  Just wait there will be cut Luck threads before long or bring back the old Manning classic trade Luck and get a defense. 

I know, but I have to say this:

He came into possession of a team with a #1 draft pick and much like Bill Polian got the 50/50 shot right. 

Bruce Arians was what got the Colts into the playoffs year one

Andrew Luck got us there year two.

If Grigson botches this next offseason like he did the 2013, we'll know for sure what's wrong.

Grigson inherited a team that was 2-14, their star piece gone from the team and a team with little talent.

He not only had one of the better drafts I've seen in years, where he got Luck, Fleener, Hilton, and Ballard (and Brazill too). Hilton is a star if you ask me. Fleener is turning into a stud. Ballard would have gotten 1000 yards had he started the season last season. THAT WAS AN AMAZING DRAFT.

So just because he comes out this year and make some picks that many consider to be longterm projects (equalling long term success), he's a failure. 

The only thing that's a failure is this thread.

Stop looking for people to blame. I expected some "Fire Pagano threads" and it would have made me laugh, but this is just flat out wrong.

It's been a mixed bag for Grigson this year.

On offense- this side of the ball was decimated with injuries.  I think we have a budding juggernaught if we could get 1/2 of those players on IR.  Rogers, and Whalen look like good finds.  I even like Brazill.  Grigs completely whiffed on TRich and DHB though.  DHB is no biggie.  TRich is going to be an expensive mistake.

On defense- No excuses here.  The defense was largely intact and relatively healthy for most of the season.  Needs an influx of bodies now.  Mathis, Redding, and Bethea are not getting any younger. 

Grigs has his work cut out this off-season once again.  No first round pick- moan.  He better hit a homerun with the second pick.  Also, better make a better show of FA this spring.  A lot of holes on this team.

here comes that pats garbage form raiders , luck won worst o,line in playoff , fact.   rookie  and second year wr,s and tight end .

lost his starting wr,s , te, lt and 2 great rb,s .  think he done great a second year qb is still semi-green in the nfl .

Grigson inherited a team that was 2-14, their star piece gone from the team and a team with little talent.

He not only had one of the better drafts I've seen in years, where he got Luck, Fleener, Hilton, and Ballard (and Brazill too). Hilton is a star if you ask me. Fleener is turning into a stud. Ballard would have gotten 1000 yards had he started the season last season. THAT WAS AN AMAZING DRAFT.

So just because he comes out this year and make some picks that many consider to be longterm projects (equalling long term success), he's a failure. 

Stop looking for people to blame. I expected some "Fire Pagano threads" and it would have made me laugh, but this is just flat out wrong.

You left out Allen last year too.  Honestly we could have the best one two combo at tightend next year if they are healthy.  His draft class this year was a disappointment to this point but you aren't going to hit a homerun in every draft you have and he hit more than a homerun in last year's draft he hit a walkoff grandslam.  Honestly the only guys who haven't done much out of the 2012 draft class are the seventh round picks in Anderson, Fugger, and Harnish.  I guess you could say Chapman hasn't been a homerun but he has been a help. 

As for the free agents I said at the time no way all of them would work out.  The great thing about the way Grigson set up their deals is that he can really get out of them after next year if he needs to and not take a huge hit.  I think he hit on GC and Thomas (who was really hurt before we got a huge impact on him).  I also think he got Bradshaw right till injuries just took him down.  I also think Walden and Toler (before the injury) were nice pick ups.  RJF eats up space but I am not the best at judging guys like him.  Landry has been a disappointment to me and I wouldn't be shocked if we move on from him after next year if he doesn't improve.  DHB was a complete bust but that was only a one year deal.  Hasselbeck I still like even though we needed him.  Franklin was again a one year stop gap guy who I think we move on from and hopefully upgrade.   

All this star-talent, and you remove Andrew Luck, what do you get? five wins? six?

That's my point though- Teams that house above average skill across the roster tend to win in the playoffs more than teams with one or two superstars. See Minnesota and Detroit- Best RB and WR to possibly ever play the game- neither crossed 8 wins.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not pulling the Fire Grigson or Trade Luck cards. (Heck with Grigson's trade history, we might get a 3rd rounder for him) What I'm saying is the holes we had in the 2012 season are still here in the 2013 season and none have been adequately filled.

In 2012 our offensive line was terri-bad. Luck was the highest sacked QB in the league- How did we fix this in the offseason? Sign a backup guard, overpay an (at the time) mediocre right tackle (Who, I will say earned his payday this year) and trade off our better center. 

In 2012, we had very little pass rush. How did we fix this? Sign a very expensive edge rusher who didn't earn his 4 mil a year, and Draft Bjoern Werner. Mathis went APE on the season with no other force on the defensive side of the ball. I think that just shows how phenomenal Mathis is- as teams were able to gameplan for him directly. Walden was ok, not good, not great. He did the bare minimum to not get jettisoned in the offseason. Werner is a project, and not really something you expect from your first round draft pick. 

Hindsight is 20/20, but Grigson gambled big time on the 2013 offseason, and it just didn't pay off. 

Hindsight is 20/20, but Grigson gambled big time on the 2013 offseason, and it just didn't pay off. 

I can only conclude that you were spoiled by the 2012 draft and have therefore come to the conclusion that the Colts 2012 draft was the norm but it was absolutely not.  The 2012 draft was an aberration.  Very seldom do teams get multiple day one starters in one draft.  Far, far more often they are more like our 2013 draft, especially when you're picking towards the end of each round instead of the beginning.  

So I will leave you with this...the 2013 offseason just didn't pay off....YET...and the draft especially was not intended nor expected to have paid off from day 1.

You left out Allen last year too.  Honestly we could have the best one two combo at tightend next year if they are healthy.  His draft class this year was a disappointment to this point but you aren't going to hit a homerun in every draft you have and he hit more than a homerun in last year's draft he hit a walkoff grandslam.  Honestly the only guys who haven't done much out of the 2012 draft class are the seventh round picks in Anderson, Fugger, and Harnish.  I guess you could say Chapman hasn't been a homerun but he has been a help. 

As for the free agents I said at the time no way all of them would work out.  The great thing about the way Grigson set up their deals is that he can really get out of them after next year if he needs to and not take a huge hit.  I think he hit on GC and Thomas (who was really hurt before we got a huge impact on him).  I also think he got Bradshaw right till injuries just took him down.  I also think Walden and Toler (before the injury) were nice pick ups.  RJF eats up space but I am not the best at judging guys like him.  Landry has been a disappointment to me and I wouldn't be shocked if we move on from him after next year if he doesn't improve.  DHB was a complete bust but that was only a one year deal.  Hasselbeck I still like even though we needed him.  Franklin was again a one year stop gap guy who I think we move on from and hopefully upgrade.   

I completely agree with GC. Dude earned his money.

Thomas, well- it's a bit early, and never once have I used him for or against Grigson. He was injured early. 

Landry- Better than most of the alternatives we have had at the SS position in recent years. Bullett? Zbikowski? I'll stick with Landry. 

I can't agree on Walden though. Toler was good pre injury, but wasn't there when we needed him most.

Hasslebeck didn't DO anything, (Thank God) but was good for mentoring Luck. I'd be willing to wager that he was an important piece in halving Luck's INTs from year 1 to year 2.

Yep, forgot Allen haha, must've have gotten caught up in my rant. I wouldn't say this year's draft is a disappointment because there's still a lot to see from these guys. Thornton has potential, as does Werner. People like to crap on Werner for being a first round pick, but the Colts didn't think he would start right away. He was a bit raw coming out of college. I saw that more as a longterm pick if you ask me.

As for the free agents, you're right, there are a lot of hit and missses. I pretty much agree with your analysis' on the free agents from last year. I think Landry has shown at times how good he could be, and I wouldn't move on from him right away. For Franklin, I think they could only afford to move on from him if the staff believes Chapman is ready. Who knows? I wouldn't be upset to see them resign him. Toler was one of my favorite defensive players in the league before the Colts signed him. He was terrible in the last few weeks after his injury, but I agree, he was great before his injury. I would like to keep him going forward, but if the Colts want a top notch cornerback (and this year's class is beyond good), then I wouldn't be upset in cutting him to upgrade at the position (Verner jumps to mind). I'm still on the fence about RJF. His contract isn't horrible, but I'd like to see more production going forward.

Either way, I'm very excited to see what happens this year. 

Thomas, well- it's a bit early, and never once have I used him for or against Grigson. He was injured early. 

Landry- Better than most of the alternatives we have had at the SS position in recent years. Bullett? Zbikowski? I'll stick with Landry. 

I can't agree on Walden though. Toler was good pre injury, but wasn't there when we needed him most.

Hasslebeck didn't DO anything, (Thank God) but was good for mentoring Luck. I'd be willing to wager that he was an important piece in halving Luck's INTs from year 1 to year 2.

Honest question...what is your issue with Walden?  He was brought in to be the SAM LB.  The SAM Lb's responsibilities in our defense are primarily either in coverage or setting the edge against the run.  Walden has done both of these pretty well all season.

I can only conclude that you were spoiled by the 2012 draft and have therefore come to the conclusion that the Colts 2012 draft was the norm but it was absolutely not.  The 2012 draft was an aberration.  Very seldom do teams get multiple day one starters in one draft.  Far, far more often they are more like our 2013 draft, especially when you're picking towards the end of each round instead of the beginning.  

So I will leave you with this...the 2013 offseason just didn't pay off....YET...and the draft especially was not intended nor expected to have paid off from day 1.

I don't disagree with you- 2012 was an insane draft, the golden egg once-in-a-lifetime "Are you kidding me?" event. 

I guess if you have draft disappointment for so long, karma will eventually give you something back.

2011- Anthony Castonzo, that's it.

2010- What in the name of god happened here?

2009- McAfee, Brown however forever mired with the name Curtis Painter

2008- Best pick was our 6th rounder- Pierre Garcon

Neither was Reggie should we cut him too?  Injuries happen.  If Toler misses as much time due to injury next season then yeah I am fine with moving on from him but right now I think you bring him back healthy next year. 

Walden's biggest problem was people viewed him as a replacement for Freeney.  He never was, Mathis was Freeney's replacement.  Walden was brought in here to be a true 3/4 OLB and help set the edge on the run and be able to rush the QB from time-to-time.  He did those things.  Before someone makes a crack about the runs tonight notice they came up the gut, Walden plays outside.  The Colts have been much better at stopping the run to the edge this year than in the past and I think Walden is a big part of that.  They need to work on fixing the middle though.  They need a big 3/4 DT who can eat up space. 

Landry just hasn't impressed me.  He's better than Zibs and Bullett sure but you know what Orlovsky was better than Painter at QB too, doesn't mean I wanted him to be our QB going forward. 

If you havent noticed Divisional round of the playoffs aint too shabby, yet it's something to work off of.

Though we beat some of the best teams in the league, we won the worst division in football* practically by default of having a QB who does not suck.

KC was a bit of an aberration. You can't let up 40+ points and expect to win most of the time. For heavens sake that was without Charles, too and he's practically their entire offensive gameplan.

*Honorable mention: AFC East

All this star-talent, and you remove Andrew Luck, what do you get? five wins? six?

That's my point though- Teams that house above average skill across the roster tend to win in the playoffs more than teams with one or two superstars. See Minnesota and Detroit- Best RB and WR to possibly ever play the game- neither crossed 8 wins.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not pulling the Fire Grigson or Trade Luck cards. (Heck with Grigson's trade history, we might get a 3rd rounder for him) What I'm saying is the holes we had in the 2012 season are still here in the 2013 season and none have been adequately filled.

In 2012 our offensive line was terri-bad. Luck was the highest sacked QB in the league- How did we fix this in the offseason? Sign a backup guard, overpay an (at the time) mediocre right tackle (Who, I will say earned his payday this year) and trade off our better center. 

In 2012, we had very little pass rush. How did we fix this? Sign a very expensive edge rusher who didn't earn his 4 mil a year, and Draft Bjoern Werner. Mathis went APE on the season with no other force on the defensive side of the ball. I think that just shows how phenomenal Mathis is- as teams were able to gameplan for him directly. Walden was ok, not good, not great. He did the bare minimum to not get jettisoned in the offseason. Werner is a project, and not really something you expect from your first round draft pick. 

Listen, I'm not going to rant here, but your arguments just aren't correct.

The Colts without Luck? Yeah, definitely not as good. How about the Broncos without Manning, the Patriots without Brady, the Packers without Rodgers (which we saw), the Saints without Brees, the Seahawks without Wilson, and the Chargers without Rivers. I guess their GMs are god awful too.

The fact of the matter is the QB is the most important spot, and once you have a great one, you start to build a reliance on him, which is completely normal and fine. It's what you're suppose to do; let the best players have the ball in their hands.

Walden was good this year. There are people who think he's bad because of his performance against the SF last year. People keep referring back to that game when they think of Walden. The fact of the matter is, he did his job this year and the opponents were forced to run the ball away from him a lot. He did a good job this year.

I think Pep Hamilton's efficient driven offense was the real reason why Luck dropped in INTs, as well as the fact he naturally progressed (thanks to his coaches). Hasselbeck helped, but I wouldn't say cutting the INTs in half is because of him.

2013 was a good year in the history of the Indianapolis Colts. Some would even say great- but the truth is this, a group of youngsters that overcame adversity and overachieved despite the administrators of the team hindering them at every turn. The Indianapolis Colts began the 2013 season by acquiring a handful and a half of free agent players. Some were obvious fits for the scheme, such as LaRon Landry and Ahmad Bradshaw however, the former Executive of the Year seemed to whiff on some of the intermediate talent that he had acquired. Questions were raised about the acquisitions of Lawrence Sidbury and the insane contract given to Erik Walden. Most Colts fans and personnel were spoiled by the 2012 season, one where every Draft Pick and acquisition seemed to work for the Indianapolis Colts, however in 2013, that would be a different story all-together.

The downhill trend began with the 24th pick of the 2013 NFL Draft Ryan Grigson and Chuck Pagano thought it best to draft Bjoern Werner, a Defensive End from Florida State and convert him to an outside linebacker- with names like Kiko Alonso and Alec Ogletree (Both ILBs, but true linebackers) still on the draft board. The Colts then went on to draft two linemen on the offensive side, one on the defensive, a safety, a runningback and a tight end through the last six rounds of the draft. Of the six drafted players- zero started the season. One lineman (Hugh Thornton) earned a starting position due to injury, Werner was a rotational OLB, Khaled Holmes was (for some reason) AWOL the entire season. Boyett- the safety had off-the-field issues which led to him being released from the team. The defensive lineman, Montori Hughes ended the season with the Colts, albeit on injured reserve and the running back, Kerwynn Williams ended up bouncing on and off of the practice squad before the San Diego Chargers signed him. 

While the free agent additions of LaRon Landry, Ahmad Bradshaw and Gosder Cherilus ended up ok, the absolute horrendous acquisitions of Erik Walden, Lawrence Sidbury, Darrius Heyward-Bey and Kelvin Sheppard drained cap money that could have been used elsewhere and on more productive players. 

Then the season began-

Three weeks into the NFL season, Vick Ballard, Ahmad Bradshaw, Donald Thomas, and Dwayne Allen's seasons all ended. Ryan Grigson decided to counteract these injuries by swapping out his 1st round pick for Trent Richardson- a Running back selected two spots behind Andrew Luck in the 2012 NFL Draft, and the apparent savior to the Indianapolis Colts. His impact was not felt, and he was relegated to a #2 RB spot. 

Here's looking to 2014, a season that will most likely begin with Samson Satele still in the offensive line works, two consecutive wasted 1st Round Picks, and another disappointing draft for the Indianapolis Colts. Don't worry though, Grigson's gotta get something right sometime? He WAS Executive of the Year last year. 

<***> ME: because players don't perform it's on the GM. Right; u R a genieorus

Dark Indy, I hate to see what the expectations of other people in your life are.

"Honey, the dinner was terrible" "Even though most of the food tastes great, the peas were cold" "you have failed me and we need to get a divorce" "No, I don't care that you look like a model and have a brain like Einstein".

This is a ridiculous example I use but that is because your logic is that ridiculous to me.

Right now, all I'm hoping for is Irsay to not say anything. Irsay needs to be patient, so should fans. Not all teams will win a SB early due to a loaded D and running game like Big Ben did. Right now, against elite teams, this team is not consistent enough to win on the road. Higher AFC seeding comes with road wins. Let's do more of that so that we can get elite teams in our house in the playoffs

Yep, forgot Allen haha, must've have gotten caught up in my rant. I wouldn't say this year's draft is a disappointment because there's still a lot to see from these guys. Thornton has potential, as does Werner. People like to crap on Werner for being a first round pick, but the Colts didn't think he would start right away. He was a bit raw coming out of college. I saw that more as a longterm pick if you ask me.

As for the free agents, you're right, there are a lot of hit and missses. I pretty much agree with your analysis' on the free agents from last year. I think Landry has shown at times how good he could be, and I wouldn't move on from him right away. For Franklin, I think they could only afford to move on from him if the staff believes Chapman is ready. Who knows? I wouldn't be upset to see them resign him. Toler was one of my favorite defensive players in the league before the Colts signed him. He was terrible in the last few weeks after his injury, but I agree, he was great before his injury. I would like to keep him going forward, but if the Colts want a top notch cornerback (and this year's class is beyond good), then I wouldn't be upset in cutting him to upgrade at the position (Verner jumps to mind). I'm still on the fence about RJF. His contract isn't horrible, but I'd like to see more production going forward.

Either way, I'm very excited to see what happens this year. 

Like I said to this point this year's class has been a disappointment.  I would agree they can get better but honestly other than Werner here or there and Thornton who was forced into starting and struggled most of the year this years draft class gave you next to nothing.  Heck Holmes was active for what two games?  Honestly we were dressing and starting undrafted rookies on the o-line and Holmes couldn't even be active.  That doesn't exactly make you feel good about him but again he could get better.  Hughes has played but has always been viewed as a project for the future so I'll cut him more slack.  Boyett didn't even make it out of camp, I think the Colts have already moved on from Williams as again we were going to guys like Herron and he couldn't even make the practice squad, and Cunningham who was on and off the roster but never really made an impact. 

I would rather us go after a bigger DT.  Rather it was Franklin, Hughes, or Chapman our DT was manhandled most of the year.  When teams have run the ball on us it's come right up the gut for the most part.  They aren't going to release Hughes and I think Chapman did enough to get another look so I think that makes Franklin the odd man out and I'd rather us target another NT.  Maybe a guy like Cody from the Ravens. 

I really don't think the Colts can afford to let Toler leave.  Other than Davis who is a free agent I don't have much faith in the guys below him on the roster and I don't think you can over haul ALL the cornerbacks in one off-season.  Honestly if the Colts were to cut Toler like some have said they wanted do people realize they are a team signing Vonte Davis away from Butler, Vaughn, and Gordy being our top three corners? 

Honest question...what is your issue with Walden?  He was brought in to be the SAM LB.  The SAM Lb's responsibilities in our defense are primarily either in coverage or setting the edge against the run.  Walden has done both of these pretty well all season.

His stats according to NFL.Com

26 total tackles, 3 Sacks 3 Pdef, 1 Forced Fumble

You also mentioned setting the edge against the run. Did you not watch the game where the Patriots just ran over the Colts for 6 touchdowns? Or the week before when a backup RB held a track meet in Lucas Oil Stadium? What about Marshawn Lynch AND Russel Wilson getting 100 yard games on the Colts. Ryan Matthews romped over the Colts for a 100 yard game, Gio Bernard was 1 yard from a 100 yard game, as well as Chris Johnson going bonkers for 2 TDs and 81 Yards in the first matchup with the titans.

It's not that I have anything against him, it's that his stats don't add up to the money we're paying him. Obviously he isn't at fault for every one of the above, but still- if he was an "it" player, I think you'd be hearing his name more. 

You also mentioned setting the edge against the run. Did you not watch the game where the Patriots just ran over the Colts for 6 touchdowns? Or the week before when a backup RB held a track meet in Lucas Oil Stadium? What about Marshawn Lynch AND Russel Wilson getting 100 yard games on the Colts. Ryan Matthews romped over the Colts for a 100 yard game, Gio Bernard was 1 yard from a 100 yard game, as well as Chris Johnson going bonkers for 2 TDs and 81 Yards in the first matchup with the titans.

It's not that I have anything against him, it's that his stats don't add up to the money we're paying him. Obviously he isn't at fault for every one of the above, but still- if he was an "it" player, I think you'd be hearing his name more. 

Most of those guys did that running right up the gut, honestly tonight and the Chargers games were exactly that.  Teams have not had nearly the success they have had in the past with running the outside which is where Walden plays. 

Listen, I'm not going to rant here, but your arguments just aren't correct.

The Colts without Luck? Yeah, definitely not as good. How about the Broncos without Manning, the Patriots without Brady, the Packers without Rodgers (which we saw), the Saints without Brees, the Seahawks without Wilson, and the Chargers without Rivers. I guess their GMs are god awful too.

The fact of the matter is the QB is the most important spot, and once you have a great one, you start to build a reliance on him, which is completely normal and fine. It's what you're suppose to do; let the best players have the ball in their hands.

Walden was good this year. There are people who think he's bad because of his performance against the SF last year. People keep referring back to that game when they think of Walden. The fact of the matter is, he did his job this year and the opponents were forced to run the ball away from him a lot. He did a good job this year.

I think Pep Hamilton's efficient driven offense was the real reason why Luck dropped in INTs, as well as the fact he naturally progressed (thanks to his coaches). Hasselbeck helped, but I wouldn't say cutting the INTs in half is because of him

Dude, you could put Dan Orlovsky on the Seahawks and they'd still be a 9 win team. Don't even give me that Russel Wilson crap. Alex Smith would be regarded as an Elite QB if he (Or any other QB) had that Roster.

Broncos without Manning? Made the divisional round with a guy named Tim Tebow

Patriots without Brady? Went 11-5 in 2009, missed the playoffs, but they shouldn't have.

You're basing that on the box score and not a play by play, player by player analysis.  Just because the colts give up rushing yards does not mean that Walden didn't do his job.  Maybe they didn't run to Walden's side.  Maybe he did his job sealing the edge but the RB cut back due to an ILB over pursuing.  

Looking at rushing numbers alone and saying that Walden isn't doing his job is simply ignorant.  

You're basing that on the box score and not a play by play, player by player analysis.  Just because the colts give up rushing yards does not mean that Walden didn't do his job.  Maybe they didn't run to Walden's side.  Maybe he did his job sealing the edge but the RB cut back due to an ILB over pursuing.  

Looking at rushing numbers alone and saying that Walden isn't doing his job is simply ignorant.  

Let me ask you this. Which is your opinion.

Walden is a phenomenal OLB that is worth the 16 mil, 8 mil guaranteed that we paid him

Walden is an ok OLB, but hasn't lived up to his contract.

Let me give you a hint. #2 is my point.

Like I said to this point this year's class has been a disappointment.  I would agree they can get better but honestly other than Werner here or there and Thornton who was forced into starting and struggled most of the year this years draft class gave you next to nothing.  Heck Holmes was active for what two games?  Honestly we were dressing and starting undrafted rookies on the o-line and Holmes couldn't even be active.  That doesn't exactly make you feel good about him but again he could get better.  Hughes has played but has always been viewed as a project for the future so I'll cut him more slack.  Boyett didn't even make it out of camp, I think the Colts have already moved on from Williams as again we were going to guys like Herron and he couldn't even make the practice squad, and Cunningham who was on and off the roster but never really made an impact. 

I would rather us go after a bigger DT.  Rather it was Franklin, Hughes, or Chapman our DT was manhandled most of the year.  When teams have run the ball on us it's come right up the gut for the most part.  They aren't going to release Hughes and I think Chapman did enough to get another look so I think that makes Franklin the odd man out and I'd rather us target another NT.  Maybe a guy like Cody from the Ravens. 

I really don't think the Colts can afford to let Toler leave.  Other than Davis who is a free agent I don't have much faith in the guys below him on the roster and I don't think you can over haul ALL the cornerbacks in one off-season.  Honestly if the Colts were to cut Toler like some have said they wanted do people realize they are a team signing Vonte Davis away from Butler, Vaughn, and Gordy being our top three corners? 

All I'm going to say about the 2013 draft class is that potential is there. I'm not giving up on them yet.

Going for a NT would definitely be a good way to go, and it would mean that the Colts don't need Franklin going forward.

If the Colts can find a suitable replacement for Toler, it's possible to let go of him. The Colts cannot dump him and not pick anyone up. They'll need someone to replace him, and that brings up the topic of getting an upgrade at the position (Verner again comes to mind).

Either way, lots to look forward to.