Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Patriots AFC Divisional Playoff Game Night Thread

LucasOilStadium

Welcome back to Colts NFL Postseason Game Day, Colts Nation! :) Our 12-5 and AFC North Division champions Indianapolis Colts are in the East Coast in New England to play Tom Brady, and the 12-4 and AFC East Division champions New England Patriots in tonight's AFC Divisional Playoff Game. Colts are in the AFC Divisional Round of the NFL Playoffs for the first time since their 2009 season where they finished their regular season with a record of 14-2, but lost to eventual Super Bowl XLIV Champion New Orleans Saints 17-31 in Miami.

Indianapolis and New England are meeting in their third post season game ever between the teams tonight. Patriots defeated our Colts in the first two postseason meetings on the road with both games at Gillette Stadium, and during the height of Peyton Manning's NFL career as a Colt, and at the same time the Manning/Tom Brady QB rivalry. Patriots defeated the Colts 24-14 in the 2004 AFC Championship game back on January 18, 2004, and the 2005 AFC Divisional Playoff Game one year later at New England by the score of 20-3 on January 16, 2005, before Peyton and the Colts finally defeated the Patriots in a home game at LOS, winning 38-34 in the AFC Championship Game back on January 21, 2007.

Both the Colts and Patriots are in their 77th meeting overall regular and postseason tonight, with the Patriots leading the all-time series with the count of 47 wins and 29 losses, a rivalry that began after the AFL-NFL merger when both teams descendents, the Baltimore Colts, defeated the Boston Patriots, 14-6 at Fenway Park back on October 4, 1970. Colts are also in a three-game regular season losing streak, their last win edging the Patriots at Indianapolis 35-34 back on November 15, 2009.

Indianapolis's last three regular season losses with New England were also played on the road at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Massachusetts, Patriots routing our Colts in the last meeting 59-24 back on November 18, 2012.

Greg Gumbel and former St. Louis football Cardinals offensive lineman Dan Dierdorf are announcing the live TV game commentary, along with sideline/field reporter and interviewer Allie LaForce, for the NFL On CBS, seen nationally throughout the USA, and outreach to our US military personnel around the world on the Armed Forces Broadcast Network, and locally on Indianapolis, on WISH CBS channel 8, all stations seen live on HD..

Tonight's game is also the last game Dierdorf is announcing for CBS Sports, after playing 13 years as an NFL player for the Cardinals, and 30 years in broadcasting, before his retirement.

Tonight's Colts @ Patriots game can also be seen live online in your computer with additional network camera angles provided, and through the CBS Sports live network feed for the first time in the 2014 NFL Postseason. Online pregame coverage begins by 8:00PM Eastern Standard Time.

Our legendary 'Voice Of The Colts,' Bob Lamey is also announcing the live radio game play-by-play, along with former Colts, N.Y. Giants, and Wisconsin Badger QB Jim Sorgi providing the live game color analysis, and sideline reporter Matt Taylor, simulcast on Colts flagship stations WFNI ESPN SportsRadio 1070AM and WLHK 97.1FM, and the Colts/Vectren Radio Network throughout Indiana, Illinois, and Kentucky.

Rain and wind at 52 degrees, with a wind chill also feeling like 46 degrees, is the local game forecast inside Gillette Stadium for the 8:15PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff, along with 96 humidity, 100% precipitation, and southern winds at 23 miles per hour.

Colts are wearing their matching white jerseys and pants on the field tonight, while the Patriots are wearing their navy blue jerseys, and silver pants.

NO injuries to both the Colts and Patriots as the players on both teams adjust, and compete safely, to the adverse weather conditions on the playing field tonight. As Colts fans, let's hope our Colts continue to stay Colts Strong, lead by Head Coach Chuck Pagano, and QB Andrew Luck and his Colts teammates and advance to the AFC Conference Championship next Sunday. Upset the Patriots in New England tonight, and GO COLTS!!!!! :rock::excited::coltslogo::coltshelmet::blueshoe::coltshorse::colts::1colts::coltslogo::D

Colts @ Patriots NFL On CBS/CBS Sports Live Online Game Stream, Game Coverage Beginning By 8:00PM Eastern Standard Time:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/video/afc-playoffs

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/postseason/bracket

Complete Colts @ Patriots AFC Divisional Playoff Game Media And Team Information And Statistics:

http://prod.static.colts.clubs.nfl.com/assets/docs/gamereleases/2013/gamerelease-post19.pdf

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Colts-Patriots-Pre-Game-Notes/32ac4d95-7c6b-43fa-a7d0-859e156e8028

Colts @ Patriots Live AFC Divisional Playoff Game Centers:

http://www.colts.com/team/game/2013/postseason19

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2014011101/2013/POST19/colts@patriots

Colts @ Patriots Final AFC Divisional Playoff Game Injury Reports:

http://www.colts.com/team/injury-report.html

http://www.patriots.com/schedule-and-stats/injury-report.html

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's hope the Colts limit their mistakes and execute to the best of their ability. It'd be fantastic if the Colts could march out of Foxborough with a win. But if the Colts lose it's still been a great season, one to build off of for years to come. Told myself at the beginning of the year if we went 10-6, won the division, and won a playoff game that I'd be happy and view the season as a tremendous success. Cheers to a great season fellow Colts fans. Let's hope we end the season as champions hoisting the Lombardi trophy so history won't forget the men on this team. 

facing brady will be alot like facing manning, without the quality of recievers. if the secondary gets beat it will be deep. something the pats dont really do anymore. corners cant get caught looking in the backfield on play fakes. if the pats try to take away TY, someone needs to come up big. brown will be huge as a reciever as will rodgers. da rick needs to be that mid field possession guy that will open the long ball for brazil...imo   GO COLTS!!!!!

I think to win this game Colts need to protect the ball come out hot not like last week. Score and play good D and no stupid penalties. I think this is going to be a tough game but i think the Colts have a good chance to win if they can avoid getting in a big hole like they did against KC. NE is a playoff experienced team and we have to play mistake free ball.