Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Game Superstitions

buck_hunter21

Depends. If it's the Sunday 1:00pm matchup (11am here) I get out of bed, head to a bar early enough to make sure I can get the Colts game on a TV (with a little luck I'll get some audio), slam some beers, and eat some wings. I usually sport some variation of Colts apparel, be it a beanie, t-shirt, hoodie, combo of the 3.

Primetime games, I don't really have any ritual other than making it home or to a bar a half hour before kickoff.

This Sunday's game, I'm might sacrifice a chicken, make a voodoo doll of Tom Brady, and paint myself blue.

Actually i have a superstition and it has not failed to me. It is wear an old jersey from high school(it's green and it's from cowboys), last weekend i wore my Luck's jersey cause i was out of home(all the first half), when i arrived at home i changed my clothes and you know the rest.

I can't wear anything from Colts when i wear something from colts we just lose.
I'm skeptical about those things but #OnlyWeirdIfItDoesntWork.

I have to leave when the other team has the ball are they will make a first down.

and if I stay it usually turns into one of those 14 play 8 or 9 min drives.

I hate to leave but it seems to work often but not always when I leave the tv and come back its a commercial which means a punt. 

Created one last week. Colts were playing terrible. Sister leaves room. Darick catches the 40 yard bomb. She leaves later, second touchdown of the half. Left again... Touchdown. We told her to get out of the house and made her go home. We win. So I guess my sister isn't allowed to watch a game.

Created one last week. Colts were playing terrible. Sister leaves room. Darick catches the 40 yard bomb. She leaves later, second touchdown of the half. Left again... Touchdown. We told her to get out of the house and made her go home. We win. So I guess my sister isn't allowed to watch a game.

she can watch with me

Guest TeamLoloJones

Oh and Last week we didnt do any, so I went ahead at half time and pounded 3 shots 

So my advice would be to get blasted before the 1st quarter is over.  (Safely)

I tried wearing my Luck jersey when i sit at home  we lost to the Jets last year. wore it to San Diego and Arizona this year... my cousin watched the game saturday with me wearing it. at halftime i told him i tried changing the luck in my Luck jersey but apparently it doesn't work  so i took it off. The rest is history

We're 11-0 (The 11th win being the wild wild card game vs the Chiefs) when I drink more than a Gallon of apple juice on gameday

#OnlyWeirdIfItDoesntWork

:thmup:

You gotta be careful Knight, your blood to Apple Juice content may be too high, you may suffer from Apple Juice poisoning.

1.) Appropriate home/away jersey.

2.) Only wash jersey after a loss to remove bad juju.

3.) I have a lucky towel.

4.) Game day hat is literally only warn during the game ( it even comes off at halftime ).

5.) I will never ever, ever, ever miss a minute if the game. I even take work off on days that it conflicts with a game.

<~~normally does not believe in superstition and thinks there are stupid.

Don't really have any but I will say that it seems like every time I have to miss a game for some reason or another (and I've had to miss a lot this season) we win or as soon as I leave a losing effort we have an epic comeback.

Last week on our way home from Florida, I managed to tune in on the radio and listened til Andrew's pick at the beginning of the 3rd quarter.  

I turned it off because the baby was crying in the car (he was tired of being in the car seat and we only had 40 miles to go.  We had to listen to him cry for the last 40 miles of the trip back.) and because heck we where getting spanked anyways.

The second I get home, I turn on the TV to see Andy Reid explaining to reporters how he lost that game by one point.

GRRRRR

Maybe I should just not watch or listen to the games and the Colts will win the superbowl.  

I wear my Marvin Harrison jersey, colts hat, and drink my beverage from a colts cup on game day. The colts hat is on frontwards when we are on offense and backwards when we are on special teams and defense. The Friday before the game I wear my AFC Championship T-shirt from 2009. Last year, it was my Chuckstrong t-shirt, but after the raiders game, this season, it has not seen outside of the closet. 

I don't think I'd call this superstition as much as it is a secret weapon...  I have a game worn helmet from Jeff Herrod with many signatures.   The only time I've ever put it on was in the 4th quarter of the Monday Night game vs. Tampa in 2003...  Until last Saturday.  It's only crazy if it doesn't work.  

photo10.jpg