Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can we learn something from the Ravens win against Pats?

bap1331

I know it's different every year but what did the Ravens do to shut down the Pats last year. It was like they mind controlled Brady in the second half he couldn't do anything. It was really unusual.

Can we learn anything like that and use it against them?

What you learn is like Rex Ryan, you don't go there to kiss their rings ;) .

Like the Ravens and Jets, you don't stand in awe of Brady and Belichick, punch them in the mouth for 60 minutes, keep the game close till the end and pull one out.

Have to play the Pat's WRs man-to-man.  Combine with  good pass rush - otherwise Brady gets too comfortable.  Davis' groin is a concern though

This is why you put Darius Butler on Edelman, the more shiftier guy which helps Butler with his good short area quickness match up.

Davis should be able to handle Amendola, IMO.

We were up 14-7 vs the Pats last year with the ball but a couple of drops forced us to punt, our offensive is tailor made to go against their defense. T.Y and Brazil were running past Talib most of the game they just couldn't hold on to the ball. What changed the game was the punt return by Eldeman everything went down hill from there. We stopped Brady on 3rd downs 3 times just couldn't capatilize offensively. Rob Gronkowski won't be playing so that should help us as he had 157 yards and 2 Td's last year. Manusky has to mix up coverage you can't play man all of the time. 

If we can stop Blount and make Brady one dimensional, we will win the game. Our Cb's match up well vs their small slot Wr's. Their aren't so many rub routes you can do eventually will figure it out. Look for Butler to have a couple INT's this game and Mathis will have a field day vs Nate Solder. I think will win 27-23.

Ravens had the personnel to shut down the middle of the field and they knocked Ridley out. This is why the Pats went and drafted/acquired young, big WRs (Dobson, Thompkins, Boyce (out for this game)) and improved the run game this season.

isn't Boyce like 5'11?

Yeah I think or maybe 6 feet? Either way he is tall compared to the other smurfs Brady has - Endleman, Amendola, ... ;)

He is actually out though for the season and Austin Collie is taking his place who I think is similar in size as well.

lmao

Collie is 6 flat I believe. Probably not exactly 6' but he's 6

Our Defense needs to step up big time.  Our corners needs to watch out for those slant passes brady always throws.  They have a good run game, so we definitely need to find some way to stop it cause brady is deadly with play action.  We also needs someone besides Mathis to step on the pass rush.  We need to stop giving up big plays while we are at it.  So in other words, our defense needs to play better and don't get caught in the double moves.  In paganos words, DO YOUR JOB!  GOD I HOPE WE WIN, EH

Am I alone in saying that Bernard Pillard was the difference maker for the ravens last year? He made Receivers fear catching the ball in the short middle of the field. Something Brady and his receivers like to abuse. IMO we need Landry to enforce thebmiddle an lay the wood. But when we do that our corners and bethea need to play damn good deep coverage. None of that Avery nonsense. and let's not let anyone turn into Hilton on us.

Actually, if it were me, SW1 would put in a call to Jerry Reese, Justin Tuck, & JPP of the NY Giants. They seem to have a knack for giving Tom Brady fits & they are all have a ton of off season free time at the moment.

Yes, I am biased here. I love how this old school defensive franchise is run with a dominant ground game & killer pass rush. Not this past season obviously, but it is their calling card & I revere that. 

Chad72's suggestion to chat with Rex Ryan is an excellent idea too.

I'm so glad Collie was never part of the Luck offense. He would've have the Patriots our secret. Deion Branch though knows Brady in and out. They still practice every off season. Brady and Branch blindfolded still play good. (Saw it on ESPN)

I'm so glad Collie was never part of the Luck offense. He would've have the Patriots our secret. Deion Branch though knows Brady in and out. They still practice every off season. Brady and Branch blindfolded still play good. (Saw it on ESPN)

Branch does not know this offense at all. Everyone is new from when he played with the team. Colts would have been better off cherry picking a former NE defensive player then Branch.

Branch does not know this offense at all. Everyone is new from when he played with the team. Colts would have been better off cherry picking a former NE defensive player then Branch.

But he knows his style of play. Not the playbook obviously. You can tell a lot just by a players movement and gestures. Your own cornerback Ty Law said that. He said he won't reveal what exactly about it though... because it's his secret..

But he knows his style of play. Not the playbook obviously. You can tell a lot just by a players movement and gestures. Your own cornerback Ty Law said that. He said he won't reveal what exactly about it though... because it's his secret..

I guarantee you Brady does not have the same "gestures" from season to season. :)

And in terms of Law, he would have been more helpful than Branch.

Yeah I think or maybe 6 feet? Either way he is tall compared to the other smurfs Brady has - Endleman, Amendola, ... ;)

He is actually out though for the season and Austin Collie is taking his place who I think is similar in size as well.

Edlemen is the 1 guy on NE's squad that worries me personally. He is Foxboro's new Wes Welker/clutch chain mover. That's why INDY needs to watch like a hawk & always know exactly where he is. I have tremendous respect for his skill set & how dangerous he is. 

I hope Collie has a nice game too. I will always root for that guy no matter what uniform he wears. I still want INDY to win, but a productive Collie always makes me smile.  ;)

Edlemen is the 1 guy on NE's squad that worries me personally. He is Foxboro's new Wes Welker/clutch chain mover. That's why INDY needs to watch like a hawk & always know exactly where he is. I have tremendous respect for his skill set & how dangerous he is. 

I hope Collie has a nice game too. I will always root for that guy no matter what uniform he wears. I still want INDY to win, but a productive Collie always makes me smile.  ;)

Yeah, I hope Collie can contribute. He looked good in the Saints game so I know he can make some plays out there.

Def. need big games from Endelman and Amendola and the run game. I hope the Pats have some answer for Hilton and Mathis.

Branch 34

Try Law-39

No thanks!!

I would bet Law has more left in the tank then Branch right now. He was barely existent on the team last year. No separation, no speed.

Many in NE wondered why the Pats did not pick up Branch with all the WRs issues early on and injuries. I think he has lost too many steps but I think the Colts got him more for intelligence then his playing ability.

I guarantee you Brady does not have the same "gestures" from season to season. :)

And in terms of Law, he would have been more helpful than Branch.

The first matchup between three-time Super Bowl winner Tom Brady and star rookie Andrew  Luck was no match. Brady threw three touchdown passes. Luck threw three interceptions.

The above is from the recap of the blowout like with KC interceptions will put you in a deep whole if Luck can avoid  the picks I like our chances IMO the most help & the keys to victory are mistake free football first to blink loses ..

I would bet Law has more left in the tank then Branch right now. He was barely existent on the team last year. No separation, no speed.

Many in NE wondered why the Pats did not pick up Branch with all the WRs issues early on and injuries. I think he has lost too many steps but I think the Colts got him more for intelligence then his playing ability.

Naw I think he just wasn't playing in the right system. That's y. Obviously not the c same but I do think he still has some in his tank. He can teach allot to our recievers especially from his playoff experience.

It's really an honor to have Reggie Wayne and Deion Branch teach our young recievers. They're all only 2nd year players.

Naw I think he just wasn't playing in the right system. That's y. Obviously not the c same but I do think he still has some in his tank. He can teach allot to our recievers especially from his playoff experience.

It's really an honor to have Reggie Wayne and Deion Branch teach our young recievers. They're all only 2nd year players.

Bummer about Reggie this season. I have always liked him a lot. I was happy he called out Ray Lewis last year for dancing after the last snap of the O.

We need to keep the running backs and receivers from crossing the short middle. this is where Freeman can change a game

We need to frustrate Tom, when he gets upset he seems to come apart for a while 

We need not just Mathis in his face but expect to see Walden and Werner in the backfield.

This game is decided within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage, we get pressure and stop the screens and crossing routes we have a good shot

This game is gonna be the most intriguing one to watch this week. Whatever happens in the end, I will always be complementary of both teams here & I won't slam NE should they win nor be harshly bitter if we lose. Will I be disappointed? Sure I will, but at the end of the day, I must examine where we made mistakes & not search for trivial scapegoats if we are defeated. I also don't believe in over the top gloating either. Humility & gratitude goes a long way IMHO. 

I always view a NE game as a PH.D in patience with no room for error. That is the best praise I can bestow upon NE. A BB run team rarely makes self inflicted mistakes on the field. Chuck Pagano preaches that philosophy too actually. 

INDY is on the rise NE & we will be a force to be reckoned with very soon. I don't despise your franchise. I respect your organization for creating a worthy arch rival that makes competing for rings & dynasty glory exceptional.  :hat: