Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC PLAYOFF PREDICTIONS

danlhart87

Be honest, how many of you Colts fans are secretly rooting for Denver to win it all even if it meant beating the Colts? lol 

Not me, but if the Colts were to be ousted, I'd hope there was a way for Peyton to win the SB while the Broncos lose it.

Never cared for the Broncos.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew this, and i'm your friend, but sometimes I think you're a glutton for punishment, lol.

You're not the first one to say this to me.  Others get upset when fandom is questioned.    The truth is,  If I didn't wear my heart on my sleeve, and always so honest and forthcoming,  then people would never know or have reason to question me would they..??   It's who I am, who I've always been.  Nothing to hide.   As long as Peyton is playing that is where my loyalty is.

You're not the first one to say this to me. Others get upset when fandom is questioned. The truth is, If I didn't wear my heart on my sleeve, and always so honest and forthcoming, then people would never know or have reason to question me would they..?? It's who I am, who I've always been. Nothing to hide. As long as Peyton is playing that is where my loyalty is.

I have been a colts fan since the team moved to Indy. Peyton is by far my favorite player all time. If the colts meet the broncos in the playoffs, i will be rooting for the colts however.

You have nothing to apologize for if you feel differently. If you became an nfl fan because of Peyton, it makes since that your loyalty lies with him.

Denver does NE a huge favor again this year, losing to Indy and sending the road to the SB straight down Route 1 in good old Foxboro, MA! 

COLTS over Chiefs

BENGALS over Chargers

COLTS over Broncos

PATRIOTS over Bengals

PATRIOTS over Colts

(Though in all honesty... I can't see any AFC team beating whatever NFC team gets to NY, barring any crazy upsets.) 

Guest TeamLoloJones

Denver does NE a huge favor again this year, losing to Indy and sending the road to the SB straight down Route 1 in good old Foxboro, MA! 

COLTS over Chiefs

BENGALS over Chargers

COLTS over Broncos

PATRIOTS over Bengals

PATRIOTS over Colts

(Though in all honesty... I can't see any AFC team beating whatever NFC team gets to NY, barring any crazy upsets.) 

It's funny that you say that...because the AFC playoff teams went 7-1 vs. the NFC playoff teams.  And the only loss was the Pats-Panthers game that ended questionably.

It's funny that you say that...because the AFC playoff teams went 7-1 vs. the NFC playoff teams.  And the only loss was the Pats-Panthers game that ended questionably.

That's pretty interesting, I never would have guessed that. There has to be some correlation with home field, I would think. The best defenses left are pretty much all in the NFC, except Cincy. 

I don't know, I just see this as an NFC kind of year I guess!

COLTS over Chiefs

BENGALS over Chargers

COLTS over Broncos

PATRIOTS over Bengals

PATRIOTS over Colts

Nevermind, i missed understood the first part of your post

Guest TeamLoloJones

That's pretty interesting, I never would have guessed that. There has to be some correlation with home field, I would think. The best defenses left are pretty much all in the NFC, except Cincy. 

I don't know, I just see this as an NFC kind of year I guess!

AFC was 4-0 at home and 3-1 on the road.

Yesterday was an annolmally - I hope that the Bengals are betting on seeing a team that looks like the Chargers did yesterday.  I don't know whether we'll be able to beat the Bengals in their house, but I'm not afraid of them either.  Our team beat Denver (in their house), KC's starters (in their house) and Indy and barely lost to Cincy in a bad game. 

1.  We had no film on their backups and the coaching staff chose not to go back and look at preseason games as they would have been useless anyway.

2.  Their backups had a lot to play for in their last game of the year.  More than a few were playing to remain on the team next season or not.  Their QB had his chance to shine - and he did.  His running hurt us first half until they made adjustments.

3.  Our team didn't settle down quickly enough after the Ravens & Dolphins losses.  Bad on their part.  Got to be pros and go take care of business. 

4.  We have a lot of rookies that will be facing their first playoffs, that's always unpredictable.  But our best came from winning programs (Fluker/Bama, Te'o/Notre Dame, Keenan/Cal)  so they are used to winning the big games. 

5.  You guys that don't know THIS team, don't know that there is a huge difference in that locker room.  Norv's gone...

Yesterday was an annolmally - I hope that the Bengals are betting on seeing a team that looks like the Chargers did yesterday.  I don't know whether we'll be able to beat the Bengals in their house, but I'm not afraid of them either.  Our team beat Denver (in their house), KC's starters (in their house) and Indy and barely lost to Cincy in a bad game. 

1.  We had no film on their backups and the coaching staff chose not to go back and look at preseason games as they would have been useless anyway.

2.  Their backups had a lot to play for in their last game of the year.  More than a few were playing to remain on the team next season or not.  Their QB had his chance to shine - and he did.  His running hurt us first half until they made adjustments.

3.  Our team didn't settle down quickly enough after the Ravens & Dolphins losses.  Bad on their part.  Got to be pros and go take care of business. 

4.  We have a lot of rookies that will be facing their first playoffs, that's always unpredictable.  But our best came from winning programs (Fluker/Bama, Te'o/Notre Dame, Keenan/Cal)  so they are used to winning the big games. 

5.  You guys that don't know THIS team, don't know that there is a huge difference in that locker room.  Norv's gone...

I am not counting you guys out at all but I do hope someday Cincy can get the playoff monkey off their back again and this seems like a good time. But, I am also happy to see you guys get back in the playoffs too after some rough years and ESPECIALLY since it's not against us. :thmup:  But, I do think the possible 1 pm start on the east coast Sunday could help Cincy if you get to a slow start too. Should be a great game. I think Bengals fans are excited to have you guys momentarily because it's NOT a hated heated division rival. Some of them were freaking out at the thought of getting Pittsburgh I saw on their forums. I don't think they wanted Baltimore either but they dreaded the idea of Pittsburgh and I don't blame them.

It's an interesting weekend, two rematches in the AFC and the hosts beat the underdogs on the road already this year.

More then likely no matter how far I try to predict this thing I will have no finger nails left by Saturday night. ;)

COLTS over Chiefs

BENGALS over Chargers

COLTS over Broncos

PATRIOTS over Bengals

PATRIOTS over Colts

Oh I see, opposite end of the spectrum as me for the title game. ;) Not gonna lie, NE is still my enigma contender team. You may have a rat pack on offense at times but there is still that fear factor of playing in NE that can be tough to handle.

And playing Denver has a load of emotions involved too.

Really, if the Colts beat KC we will have a crazy divisional week ahead of us no matter who it is.

I beg to differ though on the NFC. :D  I mean lets face it, there is this top seeded team in the NFC everyone is scared of who did have an AFC loss this year sometime......gosh who were those underdog young punks who beat those boys in Seattle. ;)

I am not counting you guys out at all but I do hope someday Cincy can get the playoff monkey off their back again and this seems like a good time. But, I am also happy to see you guys get back in the playoffs too after some rough years and ESPECIALLY since it's not against us. :thmup:  But, I do think the possible 1 pm start on the east coast Sunday could help Cincy if you get to a slow start too. Should be a great game. I think Bengals fans are excited to have you guys momentarily because it's NOT a hated heated division rival. Some of them were freaking out at the thought of getting Pittsburgh I saw on their forums. I don't think they wanted Baltimore either but they dreaded the idea of Pittsburgh and I don't blame them.

It's an interesting weekend, two rematches in the AFC and the hosts beat the underdogs on the road already this year.

More then likely no matter how far I try to predict this thing I will have no finger nails left by Saturday night. ;)

I love being underestimated... and I really hope that teams get cocky thinking about playing us.  AND we take no one for granted since we know how we just squeaked in.  We should have been at least 11-5 this year though - we're "potentially" better than our record.  The reason we have been inconsistent this year is because we are so thin.  Great teams have enough depth to not drop drastically when injuries hit. 

Rivers really deserved this playoff chance - he's such a good guy and team player.  He's done so well this year simply because he is being protected (Indy fans know what happens to a great QB who is not kept safe \) and because the offense is set up for him to use his football intelligence (like another QB we know) AND to be a fast offense.

Thank you Indy for Tom Telesco.  His first draft was nothing short of amazing. 

For Pittsburgh fans, sorry about the bad call... I don't like that it's going to color everything about our playoffs, but it is what it is.  We've been on the other side of that equation more often than we've ever gotten the benefit. 

I love being underestimated... and I really hope that teams get cocky thinking about playing us.  AND we take no one for granted since we know how we just squeaked in.  We should have been at least 11-5 this year though - we're "potentially" better than our record.  The reason we have been inconsistent this year is because we are so thin.  Great teams have enough depth to not drop drastically when injuries hit. 

Rivers really deserved this playoff chance - he's such a good guy and team player.  He's done so well this year simply because he is being protected (Indy fans know what happens to a great QB who is not kept safe \) and because the offense is set up for him to use his football intelligence (like another QB we know) AND to be a fast offense.

Thank you Indy for Tom Telesco.  His first draft was nothing short of amazing. 

For Pittsburgh fans, sorry about the bad call... I don't like that it's going to color everything about our playoffs, but it is what it is.  We've been on the other side of that equation more often than we've ever gotten the benefit. 

Rivers has been good this year a lot with a great rebound season, so I am fine with him getting this chance. I was also okay with Ben getting the chance too since Pittsburgh had been playing hard in recent weeks. They will get over it. When you start out as bad as they did in the season and had to climb out of that hole you can usually only blame yourselves.

I was secretly hoping in a way it would not be Baltimore or Miami. Flacco was too shaky quite often this year and Miami blew it in the final 2 games and didn't deserve it.

AFC West is shaping up to me more interesting next year too.

The Patriots haven't won a road playoff game in 7 years. Everyone keep that in mind.

And if they have to go on the road before the Super Bowl, they'll be playing a team they already beat this year with a coach they've never lost to, a quarterback with a 9-11 record in the playoffs, and a defense that's the worst remaining defense in the playoffs.

And if they have to go on the road before the Super Bowl, they'll be playing a team they already beat this year with a coach they've never lost to, a quarterback with a 9-11 record in the playoffs, and a defense that's the worst remaining defense in the playoffs.

Nah they'll probably lose in Denver. They're incapable of winning on the road. 

Nah they'll probably lose in Denver. They're incapable of winning on the road.

It's a tall task for Denver to get by the Chargers/Chiefs/or the team you supposedly root for.  None of the 3 teams are awed by him and won't be afraid to win the game.

It's a tall task for Denver to get by the Chargers/Chiefs/or the team you supposedly root for.  None of the 3 teams are awed by him and won't be afraid to win the game.

Wow they're not going to be afraid to win the game? That's some quality analysis right there.

I'm referring to the fact that some of you Colts fans seem torn on who you want to win the AFC, your team or the team with your former quarterback.  I mean there are threads dedicated to the fact that his regular season passing record could be taken away and he hasn't taken a snap for the Colts in a few years.  I was mainly pointing to the fact that players of opposing teams, namely the coaches and players on your own team, don't have any soft-spot for Peyton and aren't thinking "If we lose, it's still a win-win since Peyton would advance."

I dont think anyone wants to pay the Panthers right now. 

Who would have expected it...I wouldn't be surprised if they go all the way either. Especially since Seattle managed to finally lose one at home this year, and the Panthers are riding on a lot of confidence and momentum.

I'm referring to the fact that some of you Colts fans seem torn on who you want to win the AFC, your team or the team with your former quarterback.  I mean there are threads dedicated to the fact that his regular season passing record could be taken away and he hasn't taken a snap for the Colts in a few years.  I was mainly pointing to the fact that players of opposing teams, namely the coaches and players on your own team, don't have any soft-spot for Peyton and aren't thinking "If we lose, it's still a win-win since Peyton would advance."

nobody on the Colts thinks that either. 

I'm not predicting the outcome of the AFC playoffs since the games are so much different than the regular season. 

However, I might be the only one who thinks that San Diego could actually beat Cincinnati. The Bengals haven't lost a home game, but I don't trust the Chargers. In the past they have seemed to come alive during playoff time. I'll have to wait and find out; hope I'm wrong.

As much as I admire Peyton Manning, I don't care about the Broncos. It's mostly because of John Elway; don't like that guy. Just something about him turns me off. If Denver goes all the way, though, I'll be happy for Peyton.

Gramz, I like that you're honest about your feelings: Peyton Manning first; Colts second. For me, the Colts come first, but I can see where you're coming from.

The Patriots haven't won a road playoff game in 7 years. Everyone keep that in mind.

They also have not played any on the road either. Their last playoff game loss on the road was Indy in 2006 in the AFCCG. Their only playoff losses since then were either at home or in the Super Bowl.

I think the AFC is New England's to lose.  It won't be easy, but there aren't any dominating teams in the AFC and I don't see Brady/Belichick letting an opportunity like this slip away.  The Super Bowl is a different story.  The Seahawks, 49ers, Packers, Saints, and Panthers could all give them fits, bad weather or not.  (I don't see the Eagles doing anything in the NFC.)

The Bengals will beat them again

Anything's possible, but I don't see Marvin Lewis coming into Foxboro and outcoaching Belichick or Andy Dalton outplaying Brady.  That game was at the beginning of the year and on the road.  Also no guarantee the Bengals get by the Chargers.

They also have not played any on the road either. Their last playoff game loss on the road was Indy in 2006 in the AFCCG. Their only playoff losses since then were either at home or in the Super Bowl.

That's not true. They lost in 2005 to Denver. And they lost their 2 Super Bowls as well.