Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dirtiest players in the NFL?

Sports Central1

Who do you guys think the dirtiest players are in the NFL?  This is based on a player's physical actions and not his trash talk.

My list is...

Bernard Pollard

Brandon Meriweather

Ryan Clark

James Harrison

Steve Smith

I think the Steelers are the most dirty team.  I can't stand them.  A bunch of whiny snitches with low character.  I get the impression their coach tells their players to be dirty and to "take out" certain players.  How can you not think that when Mike Tomlin is so brazen and willing to put his foot on the field and try to disrupt a play in front of 60,000 fans in the stands and 20 million people watching live at home?  

Then Steelers players were leaking to the media how they didn't like LaMarr Woodley behind his back.  James Harrson gives an interview for Men's Journal and snitches on Brian Cushing and said he uses steroids.

Ryan Clark goes on ESPN First Take whining that Stephen A Smith, Rob Paker and Skip Bayless called him a punk or thug....well we find out that Clark was wrong that and they never called Clark that at all.

Hines Ward voted most dirty player in the NFL when he was playing.  Here's a guy who injured players.  He's also a guy who did his fair share of whining.

The Steelers are a team where they want to be dirty all to themselves but when other teams hit their players hard they whine after games and then whine about Roger Goodell.  Ravens are like that too sometimes.

I'm glad I'm a Patriots fan.  Belichick doesn't want his players talking like that to the press.  And that's why the Patriots ARE a classy organization.

Forever Steelers Larry Foote, for forearming then kneeing Collie in the head after he had been tackled and was just reaching the ground.

No Penalty.

One serious scumbag.

I think that play was much closer to incidental especially compared to the Merriweather hit on Todd Heap BUT I cant find the Foote hit on Collie

Forever Steelers Larry Foote, for forearming then kneeing Collie in the head after he had been tackled and was just reaching the ground.

No Penalty.

One serious scumbag.

Steelers and Ravens have gotten away with holding, dirty hits, and PI more often than other teams, it feels like.

It was like the Saints taking cheap shot after cheap shot on Favre, so the refs finally decide to swallow the whistle too afraid to slow the game down and decide to selectively call. It is like throwing the gauntlet to the refs and saying "hey, we will do it so many times that you will finally let us do what we want to do and we won't back off from what we do and you will end up not calling some of them when it is all said and done".

I think that play was much closer to incidental especially compared to the Merriweather hit on Todd Heap BUT I cant find the Foote hit on Collie

IMO he could have EASILY gone over the top of him and i believe the first hit was absolutely intentional and Hard, with the following knee very hard.

I also believe these combined hits (this concussion) was the one that made us release him and basically ended Collies career.

IMO he wasn`t just a product of Mannings skill. He HAD what it took. But i could be wrong. ;)  JMO

Steelers and Ravens have gotten away with holding, dirty hits, and PI more often than other teams, it feels like.

It was like the Saints taking cheap shot after cheap shot on Favre, so the refs finally decide to swallow the whistle too afraid to slow the game down and decide to selectively call. It is like throwing the gauntlet to the refs and saying "hey, we will do it so many times that you will finally let us do what we want to do and we won't back off from what we do and you will end up not calling some of them when it is all said and done".

That had the look of a "Bounty" game if any ever did!

Meredith back in the day against the Fearsome Foursome took serious beatings. He couldn`t take what Favre did that day.

Not sure anyone ever has in the modern era.

Yeah, I forgot about Suh and Incognito.

Tom Brady lifting up his leg like that while Ed Reed was in the air was a stupid dangerous juvenile immature move.  Those are some of the things Brady does that I can't stand.

What else has Brady done in his career that is even remotely close to that play?

Who do you guys think the dirtiest players are in the NFL?  This is based on a player's physical actions and not his trash talk.

My list is...

Bernard Pollard

Brandon Meriweather

Ryan Clark

James Harrison

Steve Smith

I think the Steelers are the most dirty team.  I can't stand them.  A bunch of whiny snitches with low character.  I get the impression their coach tells their players to be dirty and to "take out" certain players.  How can you not think that when Mike Tomlin is so brazen and willing to put his foot on the field and try to disrupt a play in front of 60,000 fans in the stands and 20 million people watching live at home?  

Then Steelers players were leaking to the media how they didn't like LaMarr Woodley behind his back.  James Harrson gives an interview for Men's Journal and snitches on Brian Cushing and said he uses steroids.

Ryan Clark goes on ESPN First Take whining that Stephen A Smith, Rob Paker and Skip Bayless called him a punk or thug....well we find out that Clark was wrong that and they never called Clark that at all.

Hines Ward voted most dirty player in the NFL when he was playing.  Here's a guy who injured players.  He's also a guy who did his fair share of whining.

The Steelers are a team where they want to be dirty all to themselves but when other teams hit their players hard they whine after games and then whine about Roger Goodell.  Ravens are like that too sometimes.

I'm glad I'm a Patriots fan.  Belichick doesn't want his players talking like that to the press.  And that's why the Patriots ARE a classy organization.

They want to live off of tradition as being tough. I do agree with the admiration of BB being clean while physical at the same time.

What else has Brady done in his career that is even remotely close to that play?

yeah pretty sure he's allowed one. Holy moly. Tho I agree with IP it was rinky dink but its not like he's physically capable of doing anything more. Still- it was a good leg block :)

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, December 29, 2013 - inappropriate
Hidden by Nadine, December 29, 2013 - inappropriate

Wish it was Suh not Ed.

Brady would have never seen the football field again. 

You have some weird obsession over Brady and the Pats.  It leads to hate.

And Suh would have been jacked up by the Pats O'line like they did to him in Detroit in 2010 and Brady would be home banging Gisele in his castle...

GISELE-TOM-BRADY-HOUSE.jpg

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, December 29, 2013 - inappropriate/quoting inappropriate
Hidden by Nadine, December 29, 2013 - inappropriate/quoting inappropriate

You have some weird obsession over Brady and the Pats.  It leads to hate.

And Suh would have been jacked up by the Pats O'line like they did to him in Detroit in 2010 and Brady would be home banging Gisele in his castle...

GISELE-TOM-BRADY-HOUSE.jpg

Whoa, i would watch your language here a bit buddy. Keep it civic.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, December 29, 2013 - inappropriate/quoting inappropriate
Hidden by Nadine, December 29, 2013 - inappropriate/quoting inappropriate

classy like brady screaming refs faces?

Pretty much every QB does that.  I want my QB to be fired up when the refs don't get the call right.  You need to watch baseball and the NBA were the umps and refs are yelled at all the time.  Yelling at the refs when they make stupid bone headed calls doesn't make one unclassy.  Just means they feel slighted and indignant and rightfully so.

Problem is Brady is held to higher standards than most other athletes as people expect him to be some prince all the time.  lol  He doesn't owe you anything and doesn't have to be anything to you.

And he's a classy guy unlike the trash talkers on your team.

Amazing how we have a league of dirty thugs like Bernard Pollard, Brandon Meriweather, Suh, James Harrison hurting people and people obsess over Brady who never hurt anyone.  lol  Jealously and insecurity leads to hate.

Bernard Pollard Called For Illegal Blow to The Head On Reggie Wayne...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSBpI3BXmDo

Pretty much every QB does that.  I want my QB to be fired up when the refs don't get the call right.  You need to watch baseball and the NBA were the umps and refs are yelled at all the time.  Yelling at the refs when they make stupid bone headed calls doesn't make one unclassy.  Just means they feel slighted and indignant and rightfully so.

Problem is Brady is held to higher standards than most other athletes as people expect him to be some prince all the time.  lol  He doesn't owe you anything and doesn't have to be anything to you.

And he's a classy guy unlike the trash talkers on your team.

Amazing how we have a league of dirty thugs like Bernard Pollard, Brandon Meriweather, Suh, James Harrison hurting people and people obsess over Brady who never hurt anyone.  lol  Jealously and insecurity leads to hate.

Bernard Pollard Called For Illegal Blow to The Head On Reggie Wayne...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSBpI3BXmDo

No every QB does not get in the Refs faces and yell at them...He wasnt called because he WAS being treated like the spoiled 'prince' he is.  He commented about his patriots...I commented on a player on that team in particular.

You bring up other sports. Ok.  For one i dont care to watch them because basketball is full of even more whiney disrespectful people than football and baseball combined.  Baseball i just done care for.  Either way I agree they are disrespectful.  Doesnt mean its ok for Brady to do it. 

The way Brady goes about on his tantrums is FAR from being classy.  He has at least two little toddler like tantrums a game.  He is a leader on the team so yes he should be held to a higher standard.  Lead by example.

All those other players you mentioned are very disrespectful too, i especially dislike Suh.  But were not talking about them.  We were talking about the Patriots and I was mentioning Brady. 

Every team has trash talkers...I for one usually dont see any of the Colts start anything.  I am all for finishing it though.  But when they do, i feel the same way about it as i would any other person. 

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, December 29, 2013 - personal shot
Hidden by Nadine, December 29, 2013 - personal shot

No every QB does not get in the Refs faces and yell at them...He wasnt called because he WAS being treated like the spoiled 'prince' he is.  He commented about his patriots...I commented on a player on that team in particular.

You bring up other sports. Ok.  For one i dont care to watch them because basketball is full of even more whiney disrespectful people than football and baseball combined.  Baseball i just done care for.  Either way I agree they are disrespectful.  Doesnt mean its ok for Brady to do it. 

The way Brady goes about on his tantrums is FAR from being classy.  He has at least two little toddler like tantrums a game.  He is a leader on the team so yes he should be held to a higher standard.  Lead by example.

All those other players you mentioned are very disrespectful too, i especially dislike Suh.  But were not talking about them.  We were talking about the Patriots and I was mentioning Brady. 

Every team has trash talkers...I for one usually dont see any of the Colts start anything.  I am all for finishing it though.  But when they do, i feel the same way about it as i would any other person. 

"No every QB does not get in the Refs faces and yell at them...He wasnt called because he WAS being treated like the spoiled 'prince' he is.  He commented about his patriots...I commented on a player on that team in particular."

Every QB yells at the refs.  This is already proven.  Just YouTube any QB and you'll find videos of them yelling at refs etc.  Brady is probably the most classy QB in the NFL.  I can't help you're jealous of his success and fame.  And the QB's who don't yell at the refs on the field.  They hide it....they wait till they're in the locker rooms like cowards and throw tantrums and bitc% out their teammates and coaches.  They go on the sports talk shows during the week and whine about it and go on Twitter and whine some more.  Brady doesn't do that.

"You bring up other sports. Ok.  For one i dont care to watch them because basketball is full of even more whiney disrespectful people than football and baseball combined.  Baseball i just done care for.  Either way I agree they are disrespectful.  Doesnt mean its ok for Brady to do it. "

The only person doing any whining here is you.  You have no idea what class is since you never played sports in a high stress situation.  I bet you think "Class" is just to keep your mouth shut all the time and when a ref screws you over you just walk back to the sideline or you walk up to a ref sheepishly and say: "umm excuse me sir, can I please have a word sir?"  lol

You see, Brady confronts the refs during the game.  Most athletes whine after the game to the media in the locker room in front of the cameras which is a bitc% as% move.  Brady doesn't do that.  He also doesn't throw his teammates under the bus like many do.

"The way Brady goes about on his tantrums is FAR from being classy.  He has at least two little toddler like tantrums a game.  He is a leader on the team so yes he should be held to a higher standard.  Lead by example."

No, those aren't tantrums.  You're throwing a tantrum now and I hope Brady continues to be passionate and gets in the refs faces so you'll be back on this forum throwing a tantrum over it.  You've never played sports in your life and you've never been in a leadership position in a high stress situation so you're not one to judge others and demand what other people should do and how they should conduct themselves.  Like you are some moral authority on "leading by example."  lol  When a ref makes a bad call and the QB stays quiet he's not leading by example, he's just a push over with no passion.

"All those other players you mentioned are very disrespectful too, i especially dislike Suh.  But were not talking about them.  We were talking about the Patriots and I was mentioning Brady. "

All those players used physical violence to hurt other players.  You whine and throw tantrums about Brady because...

1.)  He's a good looking guy who isn't the stereotypical knuckle dragging southern or midwestern hick type like Brett Favre the "gun slinger."  lol
2.)  He's fuc%^& a super model
3.)  He's filthy rich
4.)  He owns the Colts and Peyton (10-4)
5.)  He plays for the Patriots

Brady is in your head.  You won't admit it.  But he is in your head just like Shane Bond who has an avatar of Brady and a signature quote about him too.  lol  Every post of his consists of something negative about Brady.  lol  OBSESSED!  I wouldn't be surprised if he's a New Yorker.  They got weird fetishes over Boston sports.

"Every team has trash talkers...I for one usually dont see any of the Colts start anything.  I am all for finishing it though.  But when they do, i feel the same way about it as i would any other person. "

lol  You're so sheltered and naive.  You got to be some suburban or country white boy Church goer who wants everything to be so innocent and you mistake that for "classy".  lol  You're the type who thought Brett Favre, Roger Clemens, Mark McGwire, Sammy Sosa, Tiger Woods were "classy" for years before it was uncovered they were cheaters and frauds.  And all the quiet guys you mistake for being classy on your team could be on steroids, beat their wives and children at home and you don't even know it.  So continue to obsess over Brady being passionate and calling out the refs on their pathetic play calling and players who want to take cheap shots at him.

"Man I wish athletes were more classy and life could be so innocent and we go back to the 1950's."

The-Andy-Griffith-Show-download.jpg

Hahaha, OMG what a chicken, he clearly ran away.

And you wouldn't go any where near those NFL defenders if they were running straight at you.

Maybe Brady should be like RG3 and throw his body around recklessly and shorten his career?  Or maybe Brady should learn how to be a great open field tackler like Peyton.  Because we seen Peyton chase down players with blockers in the way and blow right  through them and dive and wrap up tackle the guy with the ball.  Sure sure.  lol