Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The stage is set

Warhorse

We can't possibly win this one...right? Vegas has us losing. The Colts haven't scored a touchdown in the first half of their last five games and are usually playing catch-up football. Luck has thrown two touchdown passes in his last 4 games with 6 interceptions and 10 sacks.

But never underestimate veteran players and their pride. Robert Mathis, Cory Redding, Adam V, yes and even Bethea will have something to say about this game. Although they seem to dominate us in the preseason:

2002 Indianapolis L, 22-10

2003 Indianapolis W, 20-21

2004 Cincinnati L, 16-13

2005 Cincinnati L, 38-0

2006 Indianapolis L, 20-3

2007 Cincinnati L, 14-6

2008 Indianapolis L, 27-7

2009 Cincinnati L, 38-7

2010 Indianapolis L, 30-28

2011 Cincinnati W, 13-17

2012 Indianapolis W, 16-20

That is not the case with the regular season:

2002 Indianapolis W, 21-28

2005 Cincinnati W, 37-45

2006 Indianapolis W, 16-34

2008 Indianapolis W, 3-35

2010 Indianapolis W, 17-23

2011 Cincinnati L, 27-17

I think we will remind the doubters that the best thing you can do for the Colts, is count them out.

I proudly stick my neck out and say a big...............fat............W.

We can't possibly win this one...right? Vegas has us losing. The Colts haven't scored a touchdown in the first half of their last five games and are usually playing catch-up football. Luck has thrown two touchdown passes in his last 4 games with 6 interceptions and 10 sacks.

But never underestimate veteran players and their pride. Robert Mathis, Cory Redding, Adam V, yes and even Bethea will have something to say about this game. Although they seem to dominate us in the preseason:

2004 Cincinnati L, 16-13

2005 Cincinnati L, 38-0

2007 Cincinnati L, 14-6

2009 Cincinnati L, 38-7

2011 Cincinnati W, 13-17

2005 Cincinnati W, 37-45

2011 Cincinnati L, 27-17

I think we will remind the doubters that the best thing you can do for the Colts, is count them out.

The colts only look good against good opponents

2004 Cincinnati L, 16-13

2005 Cincinnati L, 38-0

2007 Cincinnati L, 14-6

2009 Cincinnati L, 38-7

2011 Cincinnati W, 13-17

2005 Cincinnati W, 37-45

2011 Cincinnati L, 27-17

lmao, that proud neck about to be chipped off. Come Sunday its a reality.

I'll be cheering for a Colt win, but I feel we come up short.  In Warhorse method, I point out the Bengals have played 5 of their 12 games at Paul Brown Stadium, and have not lost any of them; including Victories versus Pittsburgh, New England, and the Packers with A. Rodgers.  Undefeated at home, 3 - 4 on the road. They play 3 of their last 4 at home, as well to finish the season (against us, Vikings, Ravens) and Pitt on the road. The last regular season game the Colts played them was in Cincinnati, and we lost.  And in the pre-season this year.

Unfortunately, I counter the stage is set with... the stage is set.  Please Colts, bring it early and often and break the Bengals home mojo!

Guest TeamLoloJones

Perfect for the playoffs...also, why do we play the Bengals every preseason?

I think every team has it's final preseason game against one of their closest neighboring teams (not in their division) every year.  For the Colts, that just happens to be the Bengals. 

Cool. I dont like to give up or give in. The feel good from a win after predicting a win against the odds feels astronomically better than feel good from a win after predicting a loss.....and its not even close. (not saying you feel one way or another)

In my world......its called spine. Looking stupid or wrong after predicting a win or having faith on your team has zero effect on me. Losing that faith has a horrible effect on me. "You dance with those who brung ya."

BTW,,,,did I mention we were going to win? ;)

Guest TeamLoloJones

The reality is that Andy Dalton is your quarterback.  Nuff said.

Cool. I dont like to give up or give in. The feel good from a win after predicting a win against the odds feels astronomically better than feel good from a win after predicting a loss.....and its not even close. (not saying you feel one way or another)

In my world......its called spine. Looking stupid or wrong after predicting a win or having faith on your team has zero effect on me. Losing that faith has a horrible effect on me. "You dance with those who brung ya."

BTW,,,,did I mention we were going to win? ;)

How do you feel about predicting a win, and then we get creamed? (hypothetically of course)

Guest TeamLoloJones

How do you feel about predicting a win, and then we get creamed? (hypothetically of course)

It's better to be a delusional optimist, then an accurate pessimist.

Guest TeamLoloJones

ugh. Hate Dalton , good thing we got a very capable defense. To keep us going. Dalton is for sure our weakest link. Just ragging you guys ,I think it will be a good game . Fourth quarter Bengals get out and win 24-10

Should be a good game.  Big playoff implications.  Hope everyone makes it out healthy.  Regardless of how it goes, good luck rest of the season!

Dude you're being very undude...

There are realistic fans, there are homers, and then there are also optimistic fans and pessimistic fans...

I'm a realistic homer fan with an optimistic view for this game. I think they are learning to put better game plans together and utilize staff as opposed to plug and play for the scheme more on offense. This past game was our turning point and the fact we are making changes in personnel tells my gut we win. We have the risk of losing and if we do, won't be in shock. Now I we stick with DHB and others who keep us from winning, I'll be upset about my hope of the coaches learning from past ways.

I would expect the Bengals D to dominate Andrew as he is kinda lost right now.

DHB playing little and Reitz at LG would give me hope.

A buddy said, i want Havili in every play. :D  I agree when we do run well Stanley has done a good job.

I like our heavy package with Doyle part of it too, He pulls VG IMO.

We need a big running game, and some from Andrew too.
Show us something Coaches. More plays for McNary. Come on Rogers. Vaugh, keep it up. Be the Man Donald.

Maul`em AC & Gosder!
Coby, keep snagging that crap he is throwing Near you. :goodluck: